[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No quality allowed. No fun allowed. No complaining allowed. No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
No quality allowed.
No fun allowed.
No complaining allowed.
No fixing allowed.

>inb4 somebody actually out of spite edits out Glimmer's teal strand of hair out of every episode.
>>
File: NyxDiaper.jpg (39 KB, 543x600) Image search: [Google]
NyxDiaper.jpg
39 KB, 543x600
>>26648708
>>
>>26648708
Her natural mane looks nice. I'll give her that.
>>
>>26648708
Mayor Marks would have actually been a better name for her tbhonest
>>
>>26648759
Don't even joke.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (51 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
51 KB, 720x480
>>26648759
So she would've been marksist?
>>
>>26648773
No, really
Her actual name is just lazy and uninspired
>>
>>26648790
And "Mayor Marks" isn't?
>>
File: full.png (136 KB, 593x603) Image search: [Google]
full.png
136 KB, 593x603
>>
>>26648802
It's better than mashing Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer together
>>
>>26648814
No way, that ties it up with the message of the episode too blatantly. I mean, it's not like the thing is subtle to begin with but literally having the character be named "Marks" is going too far.
>>
>>26648789
lrn2carlos
>>
>>26648802
Mayor Marks or Mayor Mare reserves her in a more humble position as just another villain #20 instead of yet another Twilight's rival clone #5 which further fucks up the lore and world design. Similar to how every villain always has to be a god with chaos, dark, crystal, time travel powers and shit. Instead of just a humble unrelated no-gooder like that one comic book villain from Power Ponies.

At this rate you might as well just create a plot involving Twilight and Celestia accidentally magicking up 26 clones of their combined DNA which turn into evil alternate alicorns of themselves.
>>
>>26648708
> Her ideology is that eryone should be equal
> Twilight defeats her by showing her how the Mane6 are special and above everyone else at the point that the world cannot live without her and her 5 special friends
> The episode even takes a moment to make clear that unlike Twilight and friends, Spike is 100% disposable.

And Jim still acts offended whenever DXH and their work's quality is questioned.
>>
>>26648806
Shim-Sham and Glim-Glam team up with Flim and Flam.
With special guest appearance by the Zim-Zam.
>>
>>26648963
Other than Spike being disposable (which is the hard truth desu), how is any of that bad?
>>
>>26649210
Showing people that you are -literally- so important that the world cannot exist without you isn't exactly the best way to make friends with a deranged mare who was traumatized over losing a friend because suddenly he became more important than her.
>>
>>26649210
>how is fascism bad
>>/manos/
>>
>>26649210
> I am more important than you, so I decide if you are right or wrong.
>>
>>26648963
Did it really say that last part? Without Spike, there is no Twilight.

>>26649249
>>26649210
The entire joke was that Starlight wanted to prove to Twilight how meaningless their friendships were but ended finding out the opposite.

But Twilight implied that even if they never became friends, someone would step up because friendship is powerful. Think about all of the things that would have to be defeated without the Mane Six in the "Tirek Wins" line. Someone, or some group, defeated every threat up to that point.
>>
>>26649282
>Think
Hasdrone detected
Everty time their precious cartoon is criticrized they always ask people to "Think" so the retarded plothole could be patched using HEADCANON.

If it was shown happening, then it happened.
If it wasn't shown happening, then IT DID NOT HAPPENED.

No, "b-buh it happened offscreen" is still a retarded excuse.
>>
>>26649406
...but that is inherently implied in the fact of all of the futures past the Nightmare Moon one. In the Sombra future, someone or something had to have defeated Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis otherwise it doesn't work.
>>
>>26649431
>someone had to
No they really didn't.
>>
>>26649431
> Impliead

Eyup, Hasdrone confirmed.

Was shown or openly commented on screen = it happened.
Wasn't shown or commented on screen = never happened.

Only shills ask people to "think" so DHX's awful writing could pass as something better than what it is.
>>
>>26649450
How? Nightmare Moon fucked over the world and it looked different from how Discord or Sombra did.

>>26649456
Explain the plotholes in detail.
>>
>>26649480
Hey, hasdrone. Remember when Spike and rarity had sex after Secret of my Excess?

... what? Think about it, they cleqarly feel something for each other, so think about it, it's heavily implied and if you think about it it makes sense, just because it happened offscreen doesn't mean it never happened if you think about it.

This is your argument on a nuthshell.
Think about it.
>>
>>26649522
Okay, I think I get what you're trying to say now. Didn't answer my question, but I don't think you're interested in that.
>>
>>26649537
>Didn't answer my question,
You mean "Rats! He didn't fall for my distraction!"

But yeah, mthat's why each and every person who says any variation of "Think about it" is just a hasdrone trying to make people "fix" a retarded story by using their own headcanon.
>>
>>26649669
...no, I gave you a question and you tried to lead me off on a tangent. I thought about the tangent and answered it to satisfy you, but you didn't answer it.
>>
>>26649683
> Plothole
> Sonic rainboom never happened, Mane6's fates changed, never became friends, etc
> Spike was never hatched, so he should have dissapeared
> Twilight never made any friends and never became Celestia's student
> Twilight and Spike remained constant during all the time traveling bullshit

Here is your answer about retarded plotholes.
Now ask me to "Think about it" to try making me ignore the screwup.
>>
>>26649747
To be completely fair, a time travel story that isn't full of plotholes isn't a time travel story.
Which is not to excuse every single shitty part of the shitty episode with its shitty conflict, but I think it's okay to give a pass unless the TT plot hole is something possibly avoided.
>>
>>26650136
> "It's not an excuse but it's still OK to use it as an excuse"

How the fuck you hasdroning faggots can't see how fucking STUPID you are?
>>
>>26650179
It's an excuse for the time travel plot hole, not the rest of the episode.
Also, FYI, I am not the hasdrone. I agree with you on just about everything except that the logic of an inherently illogical plot device matters very much when the other parts that make up the plot have absolutely no excuse to be as bad as they are.
>>
>>26650205
An excuse is still an excuse.

Only hasdrones try to deny things and apply them at the same time, while sane people can tell when something is or just isn't.
>>
>itt: if I use hasdrone enough it will invalidate the other person's argument
>>
>>26650230
Well when the only conceivable way to fix a story is for that story to not exist, I think that warrants a pass.
>>
>>26650350
If the story is too contrived or retarded, then you simply don't use it and write a new one.

When Jim and company brag and hype themselves up about them being awesome and working oh-so-hard, and later they immediately change the tune and start using excuses or tard rage when their fuckups are brought up, only Hasdrones still side up with them.
>>
>>26648831
>it's not like it was subtle to begin with

Well that's certainly true.
>>
>>26649406
>nothing ever happens offscreen
>not even things we can directly infer, like the defeat of nightmare moon in a timeline where the characters are fighting a war against sombra and the vichy crystal empire

So what you're saying is that the entire show takes place over the course of half a year, that ponies never sleep or go to the bathroom, and that the mane 6 skip like 80% of their meals?
>>
>>26650559
So we can infer Spike and Rarity had hot sex offscreen.
Right, because isn't as if one of any visual medium hasn't been "SHOW, DON'T TELL" since the fucking Fleisher Brothers' days.
>>
>>26650559
Hasdroning at it's finest
>>
Stupid hasfaggots
>>
>>26650960
>calling someone a hasdrone invalidates his statement
ok, hasdrone
>>
>>26648708
When did they release a FIM artbook? Is it any good?
>>
>>26653503
Months ago. It's actually what gave us our first look at the new map.
https://derpiboo.ru/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sbq=the+art+of+equestria
>>
>>26653503
hardcover,200pg and contents are pretty good
>>
>>26653052
> If I call everyone a hasdrone nobody will want to call me a hasdrone ever!
>>
>>26648814
I sincerely wish they had made her at some point a candidate for Celestia'is special student. You know, the one who fulfills the prophecy and frees Luna?
>>
>>26653052
I think my IQ dropped by about 29 points by reading this thread.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.