[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 7)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3
File: OP.png (148 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
148 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a mare named Sharp Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and came out of it better than expected, at least for the moment.

Last Thread: >>26366138

Castlist: http://pastebin.com/eSW5Hevs

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/

>>26388526
>>26388533
"Still waiting on the details, but my next job shouldn't take nearly as long as this one did."
>Tally lets out a small sigh of relief and tips back a sip of her drink.
>"Thank Celestia..."
>After a small pause, she wipes her lips and chuckles,
>"Willow came for a visit while you were gone. Said she missed you."
>Willow is a friend of Tally's, more an acquaintance to you.
>She's a dancer, and also one to prattle on about useless drama, but not a wholly bad mare overall.
"Really? What'd the two of you do?"
>"Eh, talked work, or in my case, laziness. She's been bogged down as of late, but invited the two of us to go see a show she'll be in, a week from now or so. She's only an extra, but it's better than no part at all. Have any interest in seeing that? It's called Giselle, or something..."
>She then takes another sip of her drink and falls back to the couch.

>input action
>>
>>26441066
Express our interest in that, and wonder if there are an odd or even number of seats
>>
>>26441066
That sounds really neat. Two act musical?
>>
>>26441066
Of course we're interested. First Shakespeare and now live theatre? We're classy.

>>26441153
Odds are that the two seats will be together. Just make sure that we get the one that's even.
>>
>>26441153
>>26441184
>>26441306
"That sounds neat. Is it a two act musical?"
>You ask, some faint remembrance of the play's name echoing in your mind.
>"I think so... Probably a ballet, but I'm not sure. Still interested?"
"You bet!"
>You chirp happily in agreement.
>"Guess that's settled then... I'll get Willow to get us tickets, and we'll see what happens from there."
>As Tally continues talking, your mind drifts off.
>"--idn't tell me much about the play, bu--"
>You then interrupt whatever she was saying to interject,
"For our seats. Can Willow get me an even numbered one? Just a small request, I-I really need one."
>Tally trails off to murmur before responding with,
>"Ah... Sure thing Sharp! You and your whole even numbers thing. I'll make a request for it."

>input action
>>
>>26441375
Th-thanks. It's really important.
>>
>>26441375
Good. Good.
>>
>>26441375
You don't have to make a big deal about it if you don't want to make a fuss. It's just... look, if I get an odd number and you get an even, can we trade?
>>
>>26441375
So what shall we do today?

I forget, what kind of radioshows do they watch again?
>>
>>26441511
All our shows come on at night. I think they were serials. Tally's job interview isn't till later, we deposited our money, the rent is paid, we already had an ice cream and booze party...

What should we do?
>>
>>26441511
>watch

I mean listen to. I'm too young for this shit.
>>
>>26441551
>serials
Do you think there was a Power Ponies radio show in addition to the comic?
>>
>>26441551
>serials

What's that mean?
>>
>>26441401
>>26441417
>>26441484
"Thanks, i-it's really important."
>"No problem, you and odd numbers is like me and spiders! I mean, maybe you're not deathly afraid of them, but still!"
>She gives you a happy smile, and you return one of your own to conceal the simmering feeling of dread in your stomach.
>You drown it with a good half of your can, and it quickly fades.

>>26441511
"S-So, what shall we do today!"
>You ask, hoping to put as much space between you and odd numbers as possible with conversation.
>"I have no idea! Early afternoon, and we're already getting tipsy, so I'm not too sure what we could go out and do. Rye said he'd be coming over sometime soon, but I'm not sure if that means today or in the future. The world is our oyster. Shopping might be nice, but it's not like either of us have any disposable income at the moment... What's a good thing for two half drunk mares to do on a Wednesday?"

>input action

>>26441603
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_(radio_and_television)
>>
>>26441603
A serial is what they used to call an episodic radio or television show that was released in periodic episodes. Now we just call them "shows". Similar to how "moving pictures" turned into "movies".

Ponies don't have television, though, so I guess they still have radio shows.
>>
>>26441633
Oh. Thanks.

Seems like Sharp would be into romantic dramas or the such if you ask me.
>>
>>26441610
We should get a mane cut. Maybe a dye too.
>>
>>26441610
"Well, I actually do have a BIT of disposable income from the last job. Do you maybe want to get something new to look nice for your job interview?"

>>26441598
Now I'm curious. What are our programs?
>>
>>26441657
It might be a little early for doing that yet. We've only had two jobs so far, and we weren't very noticeable in either. I do think it might be a good idea to alter our appearance when on the job, though. Maybe only wear the braid as Sharp and not as Tally?
>>
>>26441684
*as Sharp and not as Twitch.
>>
>>26441684
Well, if I'm worried, then I think Sharp would be too, and she's not the sort to ignore a potential problem.
Maybe we could buy some hats instead.
>>
>>26441724
Hats are good. A wig might be even better so our mob persona could have a different hairstyle or color than us. Stick with hats for now, since we're with Tally.

I just objected to cutting and dying it because that's not something we can turn on or off easily.
>>
Clothes shopping it is. Get Tally something nice for her job interview and ourselves something concealing for helping us lead a double life.
>>
What would be your favorite radio shows? Of course, I can make some up based off posts like >>26441653, but if you all want to have a shot at throwing ideas around by all means, go for it.

>>26441667
>>26441724
>>26441769
>Thinking about that shopping idea, and a little nervous that someone had seen you during a job and might remember your appearance in the future, you propose the idea to Tally.
"Well, I do have a bit of money leftover from my last outing. Would you want to get something new to look nice for your job interview?"
>Tally gives you a rather surprised look,
>"Really? Y-You'd do that for me? Well shit, it was just an idea, but now I'm going to end up owing you even more than I already do!"
"It's no problem!"
>You say happily, and after carefully packing away the rest of your can in the fridge, pull Tally out the door for a shopping adventure.

>The two of you decide to visit a medium-sized mall for your shopping escapade.
>Shortly, Tally pulls away to fawn over dresses, leaving you in solitude in the middle of the store.
>You've got a couple of options at the moment, each providing some disguise to your appearance.
>You could go join Tally in looking at dresses, where the two of you could chit-chat and talk while also perusing the catalog.
>Or, you could visit the hat department, conceal your manestyle from anyone who remembers you.
>And if you wanted to go with something more permanent, or maybe find a wig, you could visit the salon.

>input action
>>
>>26441838
Buy a big hat for concealment and a normal one for looking good.
Maybe pick up a dress or two as well.
Then we can go look at some stylish trenchcoats like secret agents wear and realize we're not cool enough to pull them off.
>>
>>26441838
Get a hat for the mane. Get some sunglasses for eyes. Get an unassuming dress for the cutie mark. We can buy the wig when we're on our own. It would raise too many questions if we got it while shopping with Tally.
>>
>>26441838
Pick up some makeup that works on fur. Totally not so we can falsify a cutie mark if we have to.
>>
>>26441653
That sounds like her. Also, I'm sure Sharp has a very carefully made chart of all of the relationships that have happened on her shows. Probably has her own ruler just for the chart, too. No, that's not the soap opera ruler, that's the one for hanging picture frames. No THAT rules is for squashing spiders for Tally. The one next to it.
>>
>>26441999
Trips confirm that you can't use the spider squishing ruler to draw soap opera charts.
>>
>>26441880
>>26441907
>>26441920
>During your frolic through the store, you pick up a few items, all hoping they'd be somewhat helpful in concealing your identity in the future.
>The thought you might be going overboard is quickly pushed from your mind as you grab them, stacking them on your back in some sort of espionage-getup Jenga.
>First up are hats, of which you first pick up a large, wide brimmed brown one to conceal your face, and a cute little red beanie, just for fun.
>You then grab the lowest budget pair of fancy looking sunglasses money can buy, which'll help divert attention from your eyes in public.
>Then, a small black dress, lacy around the edges, but nothing standout, this to conceal your cutiemark.
>Then, finally, you grab a makeup set, asking specifically if it works well on fur.
>The mare at the counter gives you a strange look, but assures you that yes, it works quite well on fur, no smudging!
>Is there anything else you'd want to pick up before you leave?
>You also spot that from across the store, Tally is waving rather frantically at you, holding up a pretty looking red dress and grinning.

>input action
>>
>>26441838
We're a big fan of the Mystery Mare serial, featuring everyone's favorite no nonsense detective.
>>
>>26442069
Ooh, this also. We definitely like pony Dick Tracy.
>>
>>26442053
Give her a nod.
>>
>>26442077
A nod AND a smile.
>>
>>26441999
Never understood why Tally hated spiders so much.

Cute little fuzzy things, and almost everything about them is even numbers.

8 legs, that's four pairs.
8 is one of our favorite numbers because it divides evenly into four and two.

Two fangs, two palpi, eight eyes, two body segments- the cephalothorax and the abdomen.

The only thing that would make them better is if they had four legs on the abdomen and four on the thorax, instead of six on the thorax and two on the abdomen.
>>
All these pony radio shows sound awesome. Throw them all in there, we're a fan of all sorts of shows in all sorts of genres.

Just so long as they always play them in the correct order. Reeeeeee.
>>
>>26442089
Well yeah, that's why WE like spiders. Tally doesn't realize the superiority of even numbers and even number-based arthropods.

I mean, could eight be a better number? Two groups of two groups of two!
>>
>>26442115
>Could eight be a better number?
Well, it could be 16, but then we're getting picky.
>>
>>26442115
>eight
Odd number of numbers in its prime factorization reeeeeee.
>>
>>26442129
>16
2*2*2*2 = best number

Four is also best number.
2*2=2+2=4 Two ways to combine two twos.

Of COURSE there are two best numbers! Did you really think there could be an odd number of best numbers?!
>>
>>26442173
16 is best perfect square.
>>
>>26442115
>>26442129
>>26442134
>>26442173
>>26442185
It's amazing that we can hide all this crazy as well as we do.
>>
>>26442185
You know what's worst perfect square? 25
>>
>>26442185
Even though both sixteen and four are even prime squares, they are incomplete on their own. Sixteen cannot be perfect because it has a one in its tens column. Four cannot be perfect because it has an odd number of digits. Only together are they truly perfect. It takes two.

Like one of anything could ever be satisfactory. One is odd.

>>26442204
Oh don't even get me started on five fives.
>>
>>26442077
>>26442083
>You give her a nod and a smile as you trot over, thinking the dress was an odd choice considering her fur, but a cute one nonetheless.
>As you approach, she calls out,
>"Sharp? We should probably get going, unless you want to miss the latest installment of Mystery Mare! Clandel Styne's in quite the pickle right now if memory serves, Picky Vermouth is getting away~"
>She dangles with a wink to catch your attention and waves you on, the two of you now making your way over to checkout.
>Is there anything on your mind to purchase in addition to your current pot before the two of you head out?

>input action
>>
>>26442266
Nah.
>>
I imagine this number conversation is what is going on in Sharpie's head during every second of every day.
>>
>>26442282
Sharpie needs mental help.
>>
>>26442266
No, we're good.

Also, I noticed that you got three sets of dubs, all evens. Sharpie would be proud. You couldn't get FOUR dubs?
>>
>>26442294
Unless pony pharmaceutical science has progressed to the point that they can make selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, I think we're probably on our own for our OCD.
>>
>>26442328
I'll admit I don't know much about OCD. Is it really that highly medicated?
>>
>>26442370
Therapy can help a bit, but it doesn't have as high a success rate as SSRIs and other psychopharm. Some things you can do without meds, and some things you can't. The brain is complicated as fuck.
>>
>>26442388
Huh, neat.
>>
>>26442275
>>26442302
>Satisfied with your purchases, the two of you make your way out and back home, the total of your shopping splurge adding up to a cool 95 bits.
>This number plastered at the bottom lf the reciept irks you greatly, so you end up trashing it in the nearest bin.
>It's some garbage collector's problem now.

>The two of you make it home in a rather timely manner, and once having arrived home, drop the spoils of your efforts in your closet, rather empty and depressing at the moment.
>But Tally cheers you right back up, grabbing the remaining six-pack from the kitchen and slamming down onto the couch and clicking the radio on with her horn.
>As the news drones on behind her,
"--hat a resolution has finally been reached between the two companies, a settlement being filed for upwards of 1.2 million bi--"
>She shakes your half-drunk can and grins,
>"Bottoms up? The show should be on soon, once these guys are done jabbering..."

>input action
>>
>>26442408
There's nothing wrong with the news. It's interesting stuff.
>>
>>26442408
We should really start listening to the news too. Just in case we ended up being a key figure in ruining anyone's life or taking down any companies. I mean... to keep up with current events.
>>
>>26442446
>>26442432
"There's nothing wrong with the news!"
>You advise, taking and draining the can, then making a mental note about your consumption.
>The news itself contains nothing of real note.
>Apparently there's been a slew of kidnappings, or upperclass-pony-nappings, the most recent having taken place at a small party, all but the host found missing.
>After this report, the two of you settle in and snuggle up for the latest adventures of Clandel Styne, which ticks away a good hour of the day.
>As always, it ends on a cliffhanger, this one rather literal, with Clandel's carriage heading towards a speeding cliff.
>Shortly after the show, and a few minutes of snuggling pass, there's a knock at the door.
>Slurred, Tally moans,
>"D-Don answer... Stay in 'ere and be warm..."

>input action
>>
>>26442613
Didn't you say Rye might be coming over?
>>
>>26442613
Go answer the door. We can snuggle later.
>>
>>26442613
I still don't know if Sharpie is gay, straight, bi, or asexual, but I'm starting to get the distinct impression that Tally likes mares.
>>
>>26443047
Tally likes us and we're too dense to notice.
>>
>>26443126
Pretty much. And Tally knows us well enough to know that if she straight up asked, we'd get flustered, panic, and everything would be really awkward for a few months.
>>
>>26443158
I can just imagine how that would go down.
>"Sharpie, I love you."
"I'M A LESBIAN!"
>"That excuse doesn't really work in this situation."
>>
>>26442621
>>26443018
"We can snuggle later Tally..."
>You giggle, before you stand and trot over to the door.
>From the couch, a soft cry of "Noooooooo..." eminates, with Tally reaching towards you as if you were her lifeline.
>But you ignore this, instead popping the door open to see your visitor.
>Outside stands a green stallion with unkempt brown hair, and he smiles upon seeing you.
>"Hi Sharp! Tally's home, isn't she?"
>Rye's a nice guy, one of your few friends in the city.
>He's a janitor in Canterlot Castle, but only in more minor offices, nothing deemed too important or confidential.
"Yep, but not in the greatest shape..."
>You giggle, motioning to the couch.
>From it, Tally pokes her head up to look around before slamming back down on her back and groaning.
>"Oh. I-Is this a good time?"
>He stammers nervously, looking from you, to the splayed figure of Tally, and back to you again.

>input action
>>
>>26444953
Sure it is, now drink this.
>>
>>26445057
>You pick up one of the cans from the couch and toss it to him,
"Sure it is! Have a drink."
>He seems a little surprised, but cracks it open and downs it just the same.
>You the retake your seat on the couch next to Tally, bumping her over to make room for Rye.
>She's rather reluctant to do this, but ends up draping herself on your shoulder, hiccuping a little.
>Rye then takes his seat and chews his lip,
>"Anyway, I just came over to see how you guys were doing... Same old, same old, huh..."

>input action
>>
>>26445119
We're trying to get back into the swing of things.
I've found some work, but I'm off today. Tally's got an interview lined up.

How are things at the castle? You know I'm so glad we have two Princesses in town. If that new one moves here I'd just be livid!
>>
>>26445154
"Just trying to get back into the swing of things!"
>You say cheerily, shaking Tally into wakefulness.
"I've found some work, but I'm off today, and Tally's gotten herself a job interview."
>Rye perks up at this news,
>"Oh, that's great! Finally getting out of this slump, both of you. It's been too long, I'm glad to see you guys up and about."
>Tally nods quietly, wiping her brow and smacking her lips.
>"Yep. Job in architecture is where I'm going for, and Sharpie's found herself work at a bar running errands."
>Rye seems rather interested, but before he can speak you snatch the torch of conversation from Tally.
"How are things at the castle?"
>He yawns,
>"Eh, good. There's a few events we're prepping for at the moment, a political summit, fashion show, and another visit from Twilight, but right now it's a calm before the storm."
>Excited, you ask about Twi,
"Oh! So is Twilight thinking about moving here? I'm not too sure how I'd feel about that..."
>Rye snorts, chuckling
>"No, no, she's sticking to Ponyville, like how Cadence sticks with the Crystal Empire. And a bar? Seems a bit out of character for you, anything in particular interesting about them, or did I just judge you improperly?"

>input action
>>
>>26445225
I needed the bits, really.
But they're really nice.
>>
>>26445225
It's been months, and the job fell into my lap. I figure it was time to get work if I could find it.
>>
>>26445239
>>26445281
"It's been a long time since I had a steady job, and this one just sort of fell into my lap. No reason not to take it. So in reality, the bits was the main reason."
>"And what do you do for them?"
>You open your mouth to respond, but Tally shuts it with a response of her own,
>"She does errands apparently, and it *hic* p-pays very well..."
>She then grabs you around the shoulder,
>"Anyway! W-What have you been doing Sharp? I know it's like... Confidential or whatever, but you can reveal a little for Rye, pretty please?"
>She accompinies this with a puppy-dog face, eyes pleading for a response, but a hiccup ruins it and sends both her and Rye into chuckles.

>input action
>>
>>26445368
I got to go to a wine tasting party to deliver some wine additives, and I got to meet Twilight Sparkle!
And by meet, I mean fangirl over to the point where the guards had to shoo me away.
>>
>>26445401
This is fine
>>
Taking a bit of a pause here. Should be back in a few hours.
>>
>>26445368
Our boss is a business mare. She has a few things beyond her bar going on, and we help out with them.
>>
>>26445561
This also.
>>
Why is the work so dirty?

Can we clean it?
>>
beb
>>
>>26446469
We can damn well try.
>>
>>26447234
>>
>>26447234
>>
>>26445401
>>26445460
>>26445561
"Well, I got to go to a wine tasting party, delivering some wine additives, and I met Princess Twilight there! Less met, and more got told to shove off by her personal guards for fangirling over her, but it's close enough for me!"
>You say happily, and Rye chuckles in response,
>"Somehow, I can totally see that happening to you..."
"And in general? Our boss is a businessmare. She's got a few things running in addition to the bar, so I help out with that whenever I'm needed."
>"And with good pay too? Wish I was in your position..."
>Rye grumbles jealously,
>"Just stuck at the moment, picking up other ponies' crap. That's life."
>He ends bluntly, taking another long drink.
>Tally appears to have drifted off to sleep for a quick second, but hiccups herself back to a wakeful world, where she blushes slightly upon catching your gaze.
>She looks as if she's about to say something, but instead grabs another drink, leaving only one left in the pack.
>The three of you sit in silence for a little while, before Rye speaks up again,
>"So, ah... Guess I shouldn't just show up uninvited and sit around doing nothing, taking from your already slim stores of food. Anything else you girls want to talk about, or should I head out?"

>input action
>>
>>26449610
Don't be silly, it's always nice to have a friend over!
And we can talk about anything. Well, me and you can. I think it's past Tally's bedtime.
>>
>>26449610
No, stay! Anything new in your life? Seeing anyone? Want to see the new hat I got to celebrate Tally's job interview?
>>
>>26449610
You found yourself a nice mare yet?
O-or stallion?
>>
>>26449610
>She looks as if she's about to say something, but instead grabs another drink, leaving only one left in the pack.
>ONE
So Rye, you want to take another beer? Or split it with me? Or if not, would you mind excusing me for a minute so I can put it in the quarantine section of the fridge?
>>
>>26449808
The idea of Sharpie trying to subtly prompt Rye for information on how romantic relationships work is adorable. Try not to spill your spagoots, Sharp.
>>
>>26449900
>Try not to spill spagoots
Almost literally impossible.
>>
>>26449696
>>26449738
>>26449808
"Aw, don't be silly! It's always nice to have a friend over, and we can talk about anything really... Well, you and I can. I think we're pushing a little past Tally's bedtime."
>To your right, Tally scrunches a little, growling playfully before giving you an aggressive boop.
>"I am a big enough m-mare now, don't patronize me!"
>After some giggles, the three of you settle back in, and get back to chatting.
"So, are you seeing anyone at the moment? Found a nice mare, o-or maybe a stallion?"
>Rye nods,
>"I am, actually. Found a nice mare, works in accounting. Bit of a bore sometimes, but if I get her out of her comfort zone she's really fun! And gets easily flustered, so she's always blushing. It's pretty cute. How about either of you?"
>You shake your head, as does Tally.
>"No, not with what we've been *hic* handling at the moment. Maybe when we're back on our hooves we'll have the time."
>Rye nods,

>>26449824
>You then notice the lone beer left in the pack, and start sweating a little.
"H-Hey Rye? Mind splitting this with me?"
>He shakes his head, holding his current drink,
>"Oh, I'm full at the moment, but thanks for the offer."
>Increasingly worried, you stand and laugh, nervously,
"I-I-I need a moment... Be right back!"
>You say as you skip off to the kitchen, stowing it in the fridge in the quarantine section, to which you'll get to later.
>As the fridge closes, you realize the desire you'd had to stow that can hadn't been as... Potent, as your hatred of odds normally was.
>Interesting.
>Now, as you peer back into the room, Tally and Rye appear to have fallen into conversation, Tally sprawling all over the couch where you'd previously been.

>input action
>>
>>26449922
>As the fridge closes, you realize the desire you'd had to stow that can hadn't been as... Potent, as your hatred of odds normally was.
Being slightly drunk probably has a little to do with it.
>>
>>26449916
>almost literally impossible
Thank god.
>>
>>26449922
What are they talking about?

>>26449939
Good to know we can put a damper on our OCD by getting pissed. Not that that wouldn't create other problems.
>>
>>26449922
Jump on Tally. If she takes our seat, she's gonna be our seat!
>>
>>26449939
>>26450043
Nothing wrong with moderate use. And the idea of Sharp using alcohol as some sort of strategic asset is great.
Imagine a bank robbery mission where she downs a bottle of whiskey beforehand because the banks asymmetrical and the vault codes are all prime numbers.
>>
>>26450043
>>26450062
>From here, you can't hear what they're talking about, but Tally does seem intrigued in the subject, moreso than she had been while you'd been chatting.
>However, you decide this can't be the case for long, and take matters into your own hooves.
>Tally takes your seat?
>She'll be your seat.
>You now trot over to the couch, which quickly shuts up the pair, and take your rightful seat on Tally's chest.
>She squeals a little as you shift your weight on top of her, then muffles out,
>"S-Sharp, c-*hic*-an't breathe."
>Before giving in and slumping over, closing her eyes and pretending to pass out.
>Her hiccups giving her away.
>Rye scoffs at her antics, while you give a small chuckle.
>Does she deserve such a punishment?

>input action
>>
>>26450105
I like that idea. She'd probably be really organized about it, too.

Beer for odds.
Whiskey for odd primes.
Everclear for asymmetrically arraigned odd primes while entering a room right-foot first and we have to go all day without washing our hooves.
>>
>>26450173
drunk boops
>>
>>26450207
God damn, that's an unacceptable amount of typos. Let me try again.

>>26450173
Yes. She is sentenced to one boop. And Rye is sentenced to one boop as an accomplice.

Boops for everyone.
>>
>>26450173
Oh no, she's dead!
Tickle her back to life.
>>
>>26450173
Tickle the mare.
>>
Good ideas from everyone.
Tickle/boop/hug every pony here.
No one escapes.
>>
>>26450214
>>26450230
>>26450236
>>26450239
>>26450331
>Feeling a little bit silly, you first give Tally the boopening of a lifetime, which gives her another set of intense scrunchings.
>But before she has time to deal with the trauma of such a violation, you stick your hooves into her hoofpits and start tickling, sending her into an uproar.
>You quickly remove yourself from atop her, but continue with the onslaught, Tally curling into a small ball.
>A joyful, happy, hiccuping ball.
>After a minute or so, she sputters between breaths,
>"N-No more! N-*hic*-o more! I give in!"
>To which your assault subsides, and her stomach muscles are once again allowed freedom from laughter.
>Rye is watching the two of you with a rather bemused look, and as you approach him, he quickly curls to cover his sensitive tickle spots,
>Leaving his face completely unprotected.
>You give him a boop of his own, which he also scrunches at, giving you an immense sense of satisfaction.
>Two boops.
>Two ponies.
>But while basking in the glow of this even victory, you feel a hoof grab your shoulder and pull you back towards the couch,
>From behind you, Tally growls,
>"An eye for an eye Catalog!"

>input action
>>
>>26450407
Sloppily attempt to defend ourselves.

Fall prey to the boops and tickles.
>>
>>26450407
Ah, so the apprentice challenges the master!
>>
>>26450407
Inb4 they double team us.
>>
>>26450512
lewd
>>
>>26450545
I didn't mean it like that, I swear!
>>
>>26450407
Raise our hooves into the air, grin widely, and take it like a man. We EARNED these retaliatory boops.
>>
>>26450426
>>26450451
>>26450581
>In an attempt to defend yourself, you wail,
"Noooooooo...."
>As dramatically as possible before leaning back into the yank, ending up back on the couch with Tally astride you.
>"Now for your recompense..."
>She says menacingly, bearing down onto you with a hard and brutal booping.
>You flail wildly, grinning like a madmare, as Tally moves to tickle you, running her hooves across your belly and sending your sides stratospheric.
>But her insurgency ends not there, but with a light tugging of your braid and some hoofpit tickles, leaving your stomach feeling sore, but your mind happy, swimming in glee.
>Rye is watching in bemusement, biting his lip, and as Tally relinquishes you, she blushes in his direction, shaking her head.
>He gives a goodnatured chuckle,
>"Quite the workout there... I wish Adare could give me that sort of fun."

>input action
>>
>>26450677
Well, why couldn't she?
>>
>>26450677
Maybe you need to teach her.
Few drinks should make that easy enough.
>>
>>26450677
It was nice of Tally to give us that good bit of completely platonic fun. I'm sure she'll land a stallion in no time with that kind of friendly attitude!
>>
>>26450861
Why is dense as a brick Sharpie so adorable?
>>
>>26450708
>>26450712
>>26450861
"Maybe you just need to teach her! A few drinks could make that easy enough..."
>You say with a wink, to which he gives one of his own,
>"Guess I'll give it a try! No reason not to."
>He then gives Tally a look before standing awkwardly, chugging down the last of his drink.
>"Anyway, I think I should be get going. Got... Night shift tonight. Might have to be up late. Catch you both later."
>He says shortly, before heading out the door with a wave to the both of you, and goodbyes from both you and Tally.
>Tally, for some reason now looking a little uncomfortable, retakes her seat on the couch next to you and pulls up your blanket from the floor.
>"Guess you were r-*hic*-right about opening the door Sharpie! Sorry about that..."
>She then peers out the window from her cozy position, giving the evening sun the stinkeye.
>"Well, it's getting late. *hic* I hate hiccups."

>input action
>>
>>26450870
Tired already? Guess it's not too early for sleeping.
>>
>>26450870
>uncomfortable
Oh no, Tally must be cold.
Snuggle in there with her and ask her if she wants to sleep here tonight.
>>
>>26450870
"Would you like me to try and scare the hiccups out of you? Because there's totally some sort of spider behind you maybe as far as you know not really."
>>
>>26450893
>>26450905
>>26450933
"How about I try and scare the hiccups out of you?"
>"Oh, now that you've told me it wo-*hic*-n't work..."
"Well, there's also totally some sort of spider behind you, or if there isn't there could be."
>You say bluntly, and Tally rolls her eyes
>"Oh come on, there's nothing there."
>She turns around and inspects the cushions behind her,
>"See, no--"
"Boo!"

>Tally jumps back in fright, banging her head against one of the hoofrests, then sits dazed for a moment.
>But with no hiccups.
"Told you it'd work."
>You say smugly, to which she grumbles playfully,
>After an awkward silence passes, you pull Tally close and throw the blankets over the two of you,
"Are you cold? You were looking pretty uncomfortable before I scared the heebie jeebies out of you. Maybe we should snuggle and sleep here tonight?"
>The same uncomfortable look returns, and Tally quickly stands from the couch again.
>"Y-Yeah! J-Just give me one second!"
>Before rushing off to the kitchen.
>Inside, you hear the sink run for a while, and then the fridge open.
>Anything you'd like to do before her short return?

>input action
>>
>>26451051
I'm willing to bet that last beer just disappeared.
We should tidy up any mess in here.
>>
So we're turning her down, right? I'm not saying that we have to chose our sexuality but that we'll turn her down regardless.
>>
>>26451226
Of course. Sharpie doesn't even think she did or said anything romantic.
>>
>>26451090
>You spend a few moments tidying up the living room, and after those quick moments, Tally returns.
>You open the blankets for her to hop in with you and she jumps in happily, snuggling close.
"It's not too early for sleeping, is it?"
>You ask, before Tally shakes her head.
>"I wouldn't say so."
>There's another silence between the two of you, blankets pulled up to your necks, classical radio crackling softly in the background.

>"Sharp? Do you like me?"
>You laugh a little at the question,
"Are you kidding? Sure I do!"
>Tally then swallows nervously, then wipes an eye.
>After a few seconds of labored breathing, she stops, and hugs you.
>Hard.
>"G-Good."
>You hear softly, before she lets go and pulls the blankets up and over her face, muffling her voice.
>She's quivering a little.
>"G-G'night Sharpie."
>You hear from under the blanket.
"Oh! Goodnight then Tally."
>You say cheerfully, pulling her down on the cushions and wrapping your hooves around her.
>Tally shakes a little in your hug.
>From somewhere distant, muffled and quiet, maybe even another room of the building,
>You can almost hear sobbing.
>But after a minute or two, it fades.
>Now, all you can hear is the sounds of Tally's quiet breathing, and the crackles of classical radio playing off into the night.

Pausing here. Might be back later tonight, if not, tomorrow afternoon.
>>
Poor girl.
>>
>>26451397
Oh dear, I think we broke her.
>>
>>26451397
>>26451226
>>26451247
I feel really bad for doing that, but it's also very fun to play.

I feel like when Sharp realizes what happened she should feel really bad.
>>
File: image.png (463 KB, 2048x2011) Image search: [Google]
image.png
463 KB, 2048x2011
>>26451397
My feeeeeeels.
>>
>>26451397
The only reason Tally would ask a question like that is if we upset her. We should be extra nice to her for the next few days.
>>
>>26451691
Of course she's upset at us. She's crying and hiding from us.

As sexually clueless as Sharpie is, she should notice when her friend isn't happy.
>>
>>26451605
It's not like we turned her down or anything. We never intended any harm, we're just too dense to know better. Of course we'll still feel bad if we find out. She's our friend.

>>26451691
I read it more as she knows we're too oblivious to notice and she wanted to hear us say that we liked her so that she could pretend just for a minute that we felt the same about her as she does about us. Then when she actually heard it, it felt hollow because she knew it was just pretend, and she cried.
>>
>>26451750
This seems like the real answer, but I think >>26451691 is going from Sharpie's perspective.

She's not socially capable enough to recognize what actually happened, but she knows Tally isn't happy.
>>
>>26451772
Agreed on both accounts.
>>
beb
>>
>>26451397
>From somewhere distant, muffled and quiet, maybe even another room of the building,
Tally's right next to us so who's crying and who's in our house besides us?
>>
>>26452289
Muffled by the blanket shoved in her face.
We just didn't hear it very well.
>>
>>26452303
"Distant" and "another room" imply otherwise. Would somebody crying right next to you sound like it's coming from another room?
>>
>>26452342
What else could it possibly be?
>>
>>26452342
>>26452351
Oh man we're gonna have to cheer up our neighbors as well.
>>
>>26452351
No clue. That's why I asked.
>>
>>26452381
Exactly. Because it's Tally. I just think it was written oddly.
>>
>>26452351
The Mob.
>>
>>26452451
>mob pony hears us playfighting and cries because they're lonely
Of course, it makes perfect sense!
>>
>>26452483
Yeah.
>>
>You're gently woken by sunlight, window flapping open, drapes blowing lazily in the mid-morning breeze.
>Classical music still trills along in the background, crackling with static from the hasty tuning of last night.
>Tally is asleep, but the blankets have fallen from her face.
>Revealed behind is a sorrowful look, concealed partially by her hooves plastered against her eyes.
>Her breathing is deep, soothing, and you almost feel yourself drifting back off to sleep in its rhythm.

>input action

>>26452381
It was Tally. I'm sorry for any confusion.
>>
>>26453472
Make her breakfast in bed.
Er, in couch.
>>
>>26453472

>>26453489
This. She's upset, we need to make her feel better.
>>
>>26453495
Agreed. We should cheer her up.

Total mystery what it was that got her so upset in the first place, though. Seriously, no idea what it could even conceivably be.
>>
Aight, do you have a thing for lesbo mares? Because this is the second time you've had one fall for us. I get the first was kind chance, but twice...?
>>
>>26453563
Yeah. Having fun one second, then sobbing the next.

Weird. We should probably ask her what's wrong, though.
>>
>>26453570
purest form
>>
>>26453570
Best 15% win in CYOA history.
>>
>>26453575
Excellent idea. Get her breakfast in bed/couch, and when she asks what the occasion is we can breach the subject, explaining that she seemed like she needed it, and is there anything she wants to talk about?
>>
We're still playing Shap straight, right?
>>
>>26453678
Asexual is my vote.

Straight if it comes to that.
>>
>>26453495
>>26453489
>Seeing your friend feeling under the weather is never a pleasent feeling, and this is no exception.
>To make up for it, you decide to cook her breakfast in bed, or maybe couch.
>As you gingerly leave your current resting place, a headache hits you like a truck.
>You've always been one to hold your drink, but the morning after is normally a pain.
>You stumble into the kitchen and begin whipping up some french toast.
>It's a quick dish (as well as one of Tally's favorites), and in minutes flat you've got it ready and on a tray, bringing it out to put a smile on her face.

>>26453614
>>26453563
>>26453575
>You place the tray on the couch in front of her, then sit down and wait for her to awaken.
>The smell quickly brings her to the world of the living, where she quietly moans before rubing her eyes and spotting the spread before her.
>The sad look on her face quickly morphs to one of confusion, and she stammers awkwardly,
>"S-Sharp? W-What's this?"

>input action

>>26453570
Yes, but Silver was indeed pure luck. This was more planned, but I did sort of expect a rejection. I'd actually prefer a hetero relationship on pure writing terms, but anything goes.

>>26453678
This is what I'm assuming for the moment. Or possibly asexual.
>>
>>26453678
I'm voting for asexual too. For something different.
>>
>>26453678
Yes but we can be clueless if people want.
>>
>>26453722
You looked like you weren't feeling that great towards the end of last night, and I thought you could use a little surprise to cheer you up.
>>
>>26453722
You seemed like you needed it. Is there something you wanted to talk about? You looked upset.
>>
>>26453678
I've heard some people advocating straight and some advocating asexual, but I think we can all agree that we're playing her dense as a fucking rock.
>>
>>26453690
>>26453731
>>26453741
Alright, cool. Rooting for straight myself but if I wake up in the morning to find us in a relationship with Tally I'm going to be a little upset.
>>
I don't really want to be asexual if it means hurting Tally.
>>
>>26453678
I vote clueless, almost asexual, but thinks of dicks when she gets off.
>>
>>26453792
Straight or asexual both mean being unavailable to Tally. Are you voting for gay?
>>
>>26453778
I all too well know what you mean.
>>
>>26453820
I vote for clueless, completely asexual, and thinks of well organized left-justified lists when getting off.
>>
>>26453722
>French Toast, silly. I know it's good because you need two things to make it, eggs and toast!
>>
>>26453747
>>26453755
>>26453848
"I got the feeling you weren't feeling too jazzed last night, just thought you needed a little surprise to cheer you up."
>At this, Tally grins, eyes swimming a little.
>However, she quickly wipes this away and rubs her head.
>"W-Wow! Th-Thanks Sharp! Sorry, just got hit by one mother of a headache..."
"Yeah, me too... It's going to be one of those mornings. Anyway, is there something you want to talk about? You did seem pretty upset."
>For a moment, it looks like Tally's heart stopped, a look of shock frozen in time.
>However, she quickly looks to the floor and shakes her head,
>"M-Maybe a little, but I'm just afraid... O-Of what you'd think of me. The alcohol was doing a number on me, that's all. Do you understand?"
>She then gives a weak half smile and pokes the fork you gave her towards her breakfast meal.

>input action
>>
>>26453981
Why would I ever think bad of you? It's not like you're doing anything shady, right?
>>
>>26453831
I guess. Or bi.
Kinda annoyed this is a thing. It was better without the sudden romantic interest.
>>
>>26454030
Yeah, it's one thing when you've decided 'I'm a straight, clueless mare who doesn't into sex.'

It's another entirely when your lesbian roommate professes her love to you and you have to play that character even when they're physically hurting.
>>
>>26454050
She hasn't professed anything. It's a shame she's hurting, but Sharpie isn't going to know why unless Tally spells it out for her.
>>
>>26454050
>it's one thing when you've decided 'I'm a straight, clueless mare who doesn't into sex.'
We haven't even decided on that yet, except for the clueless part.

Honestly, I doubt Sharpie has even given it much thought what she's into sexually, since it really doesn't appear to be that big a part of her life.
>>
>>26454081
I know the character doesn't know, but we do.
>>
>>26454050
Eh, I was fine with the zany mare with a small social circle who wasn't in a position to be dating anyway being asexual or whatever, because it didn't effect any current relations anyway.
But then her best friend she spends most of her time with went from 'fine' to 'physically breaking down over you' in one post and now I'm not really feeling the humor in it anymore.
>>
>>26454105
I know that too, but my point is we can't hold Sharpie at fault for things that she doesn't even know are happening. We're trying to arrange to give Tally an opportunity to explain her feelings, though, so Sharpie might know soon.
>>
>>26454030
>>26454050
Playing the character despite the 'difficulty' is part of the fun.

>>26453981
>The alcohol was doing a number on me, that's all.
As far as Sharpie knows, alcohol doesn't cause weird emotional outbursts. Ask Tally what she means by this. Try to do so gently.
>>
>>26454124
Summed up my feelings entirely. Not fun to torture another character over it.
>>
>>26453981
>do you understand
Uh... not really, to be honest, but you have no reason to worry "what I might think of you". You can tell me anything, Tally. You know that.

>>26454139
Agreed on both accounts.
>>
>>26454139
This.

>>26454146
Also clarify, that doesn't necessarily mean to stop. We chose our character, we gotta play her.
>>
>>26454006
>>26454155
"Why would I ever think anything bad of you? Is it something shady? You can tell me anything Tally, really."
>She laughs a little and shakes her head.
>"No, no, nothing like that. Just embarrassing. Something I'd given up on a while ago, but the alcohol just... Brought back some bad memories, I guess. You know I get weepy and overly emotional when I drink. Still sure you want to hear it?"
"Of course, anything helps. But I don't really get the overly emotional thing."
>Tally nods,
>"I guess you wouldn't... Drink makes some ponies do stupid things. I'm one of those types of ponies. That's what was happening to me last night. I went over the edge. Let me explain."
>She takes a deep breath,
>"A while ago... Well, you know I'm into mares."
>You shake your head.
"You are?"
>Tally's cheeks billow out a little, and after a small laugh, she continues,
>"Well I am. And, back when we first got together I thought you might be... Somepony I could spend my life with. Of course, I see now that it wouldn't work."
"Why not?"
>"I mean as a partner Sharp, not as friends. I'm sure we'll be friends for life, you can count on that. But I get you're not too... Focused on your carnal urges, and that's one of the reasons I gave up on chasing you. That, and I realized you aren't one to find interest in mares, sadly. I was being dumb last night, and put you in a bad position, all because I drank too much. You didn't really realize, but I suppose it's better that way. Less pain for both of us. Mea culpa. Do you understand now?"
>She then pokes herself in the cheek with a piece of toast and sighs.
>"I still like cuddling with you."

>input action
>>
>>26454139
I don't really see the fun in it. It's not a situation with a win state.
>>
>>26454254
O-oh...
You mean..?

Oh...

I understand. I'm sorry.
>>
>>26454254
O-oh. I'm sorry for hurting you.
>>
>>26454254
Never thought about it.
>>
>>26454306
>>26454305
>>26454299
>You think about her words for a moment.
>It takes a little, but you eventually arrive at a rather shocking and depressing conclusion.
"O-Oh. Guess I never really thought about it. So you mean th--? Oh. Yes I understand. I'm sorry I hurt you."
>Tally gives a sheepish grin,
>"It's not really 'ok,' but it's good to have confirmation against that sort of thing. Just so I don't get my hopes up and pull anything stupid like that again. Just so I'm sure, you're not into mares. Right?"
>You shake your head.
"No, not at all."
>Tally lets out a sigh somewhere between pain and relief.
>"That's good to know... B-But we can still cuddle, right? Is that okay?"

>input action
>>
>>26454364
Of course!
>>
>>26454364
Platonic cuddles are worse than non-platonic cuddles.

This is because "platonic cuddles" has an odd number of letters.

Sharpie is conflicted
>>
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever dooo~
>>
>>26454364
When did we decide she wasn't interested?
>>
>>26454408
Seems like asexual outvoted everything.
>>
>>26454364
Sure. Hugs are always nice.
>>
>>26454428
I thought she was just naive or that she just didn't think about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>26454460
I don't know. It just had more votes earlier.
>>
>>26454368
>>26454381
>>26454445
"Of course! Hugs are always nice."
>She lets out another sigh of relief and sits up, stretching out wide.
>"Great... Now I just need some time to think. Quite the catharsis, sorry I dumped all that on you at once. The least I can do for you is enjoy this wonderful breakfast you cooked up."
>She then gets to munching, mentioning inbetween bites,
>"Thes ish wreallly good!"
>And packing it down at a near breakneck speed.
>Once finished, she wipes her lips and pats her belly, letting out a small burp before shifting her gaze back to the floor.
>"So do you think we can put this behind us? I'm asking more for myself than for you if we're being honest here... I don't want this to get in the way of anything you think about me, a-as a friend."

>input action

>>26454408
It did seem the one vote for Bi was outvoted by Asexual/Straight.
>>
>>26454498
Yeah.
>>
>>26454498
Yeah, of course. We're both adults here.
>>
>>26454498
To be honest, Tally, I'm still processing this. I'm not the best at picking up on, uh, this stuff. I try not to hurt ponies, but it doesn't always work out...

But I know one thing, you're a great friend and I wouldn't want that to change for the world. I'll put it out of mind, if that's what you want.
>>
>>26454498
Of course. Although...

You were seriously into mares this whole time? Am I really that bad at picking up on these things?
>>
>>26454530
>>26454513
>>26454509
"To be honest, I'm still processing this. I-I'm not exactly a social whizkid, and sometimes that ends... Badly. I never try to hurt anypony. It just sort of happens at times."
>Tally sighs a little, but before she can disparage herself any more, you butt in.
"But yes, we're both mature adults here. If one thing's certain, it's your status as an amazing friend, something I wouldn't change for the world."
>At this, you're pulled into a bonecrushing hug, and given a quiet
>"Th-Thanks. That means a lot coming from you Sharpie."
"You're welcome! And, one last question. Were you really into mares this whole time!? Am I just that bad at picking up social cues?"
>Tally laughs,
>"The whole time. I'm surprised you didn't notice, I dropped hints quite a few times. You didn't react, so after a while I just assumed you got the message. Apparently not... Well, I suppose it'll make for a hilarious story someday."

>input action
>>
>>26454647
Hug back.
>>
>>26454647
>You didn't react, so after a while I just assumed you got the message
Well there's your problem, sailor
>>
>>26454647
I don't remember any. What were they?
>>
>>26454715
I hope they were painfully obvious.
>>
bermp
>>
>>26454661
>>26454670
>>26454715
"Well, I guess that was the problem then, but I don't remember any of those hints..."
>Tally taps her chin,
>"Well, a couple of times I mentioned that I was looking for another kitty-cat to prowl with, made snide refrences to eating you out, let you walk in on me showering, the girlie mags I get... Just a lot of stupid stuff. I guess you just never picked up on it."
>She chuckles, shaking her head.

>input action
>>
>>26456526
Get super flustered and immediately retreat to the kitchen with the excuse of getting breakfast for ourselves.
>>
>>26456662
"O-oh!"
>You say quickly, cheeks flushing bright red.
"W-Well, I need to... Go cook myself breakfast! I'll be right back!"
>You then trot away to the kitchen at a brisk pace, Tally chortling quietly behind you.
>To keep your mind off those images, you whip yourself up another few slices of french toast, topping yours with both syrup and powdered sugar, totaling a cool four ingredients.
>You relax slightly as you take in its glory, your own two slices of golden brown deliciousness.
>However, now that you've had time to compose yourself, you're not sure if you should return to the living room or eat our breakfast in the kitchen.

>input action
>>
>>26456750
Eat in the kitchen. Give a chance for us both to calm down.
>>
So obviously we're finding Tally the best girlfriend ever now, right?
>>
>>26456772
>You decide on eating in the kitchen, just to give the both of you time to calm down.
>To keep your mind off Tally's previous lewd intentions, you create a new procedure of toast eating, one that's organized and efficient.
>Well, maybe not time wise.
>First, you meticuously slice each of the crusts off each toast, eating each of those first to whet your appetite.
>Next, you cut each bread slice into four triangles, then stack them each two at a time in the center of the plate.
>After this careful procedure, you spear each duo and gently chomp it down, the meal now sitting like a rock at the bottom of your stomach.
>But a very tasty rock.
>Meal complete, you take the plate and wash up, soon joined by Tally with her own plate.
>She looks a little embaressed, but the depressed look of last night is gone, which you suppose is a good thing.

>input action
>>
>>26456872
So did we miss much on the romance drama radioshow we like while we were gone?
>>
>>26456872
Plans for the day?
>>
>>26456920
"So, did I miss anything in Cavelleria while I was gone?"
>You ask, hoping to change the subject.
>Tally snickers,
>"Well, Hope and Bits seem to be getting closer, and poor Goulet had an accident at work, but his company's covering up what happened. Iris is on the case trying to work it out, but that's all the information I have for the moment. Guess we'll have to see what happens~"
>She finishes with a wink, you already seething with rage from the news,
"But Bits and Hope? Th-That's not right, Hope was staying faithful to Forestep! They were going to get married after he got back from the research expedition..."
>Tally raises another eyebrow,
>"Well, I'm not so sure he's going 100% steady either. Remember what he was thinking about one of his students?"
>You think about it for a moment, then catch the implied social cue you missed and nod sorrowfully.
"Shucks... I hope it all works out in the end."
>Tally sputters a little and shakes her head,
>"Oh, shows like that never work out in the end how you thought they would, we've just got to keep along for the ride..."

>>26456931
>A tad depressed by this news, you ask,
"So, any plans for the day?"
>Tally nods
>"Big plans indeed! I'll take my new dress and try on the job interview, hopefully I can say what they want to hear... How about you? Doing anything over at the bar today?"

>input action

Also pausing here for a few hours.
>>
>>26457023
Yeah. I'll head over there later.
>>
>>26457023
Not working, but I guess I'll check in to ask about the next job.
>>
>>26457163
This.
>>
>>26458126
>>
>>26458838
>>
>>26457023
I actually want to know more about this show now.
>>
>>26459769
Me too. So far it looks like we listen to pony Dick Tracy and pony All My Children. And that amuses the hell out of me.
>>
>>26459876
I hope Sunday night is The Shadow night. Can't have radio parodies without that.
>>
>>26460255
Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of mare?
The Shadow knows.

Radio dramas and organized crime. I'm really digging 1930's inspired Equestria. Time to get drunk and listen to some Jazz.
>>
beb
>>
>>26457147
>>26457163
>>26457430
"Yeah, I'll be heading over there later. Not for work, but to check in on my next job."
>"Ah, neato."
>She says with a quiet smile, before finishing up with her dish and laying it out to dry.
>"Guess it'd be a little awkward if I asked you how I looked in my dress..."
>She laughs quietly to herself as she trots out of the kitchen, off into the bedroom.
>With a shrug, you finish up with your plate and leave it to dry, now standing in the kitchen alone.
>One of the kitchen windows lies open, overlooking Canterlot's skyline, with a soft breeze whistling through.

>input action
>>
>>26462145
Reflect. Be pleased with how adult you both managed to be about this. Realize that Tally probably needs time to process all this too, so give her a hug and tell here you're going out to the bar like you mentioned you were going to. Take the scenic route since you're in no hurry and life is actually going pretty good right now, all things considered. Just a week or two ago you were both wallowing in depression on the couch, and look at you and Tally now.
>>
>>26462145
Dunno. Maybe we could kill some time by cleaning. We haven't been around in a few days, Tally's bound to have left the place a mess.
>>
>>26462298
>>26462299
>You spend a while cleaning and reflecting on life.
>Tally'd trashed a good deal of the apartment in your absence, specifically the bathroom, and you were looking to get it as tidy as possible.
>Life is good, all things considered.
>Just a few weeks ago, you and Tally had been wallowing in a quagmire of self-pity neither of you ever thought you'd be able to escape.
>Looking back on it, you're in great shape ow, the both of you!
>These happy thoughts follow you along as you leave the house and trot over to the bar.
>This time, you take a scenic route through the park, then dawdle through the city for a while, filled with a happy sort of euphoria.
>The "Laugh" waits patiently for your arrival, neon lights dim in the midday sun.
>Inside are the general morning lack of patrons, two stallions sitting at the bar, and another off in the corner, holding a clipboard.
>Upon your entrance, he squints at you and writes something on his clipboard, before casually calling one of the bartenders over and asking for a drink.

>input action
>>
>>26462474
A SPY!
Or not.
Go see the boss.
>>
>>26462474
Happy Sharpie makes me happy.
Go see Kismet. Consider hugging her because you're in such a good mood and are such a cuddleslut, but then realize that's probably really stupid and just give her a wave and a smile instead.
>>
>>26462520
>>26462593
>The first thought you have is "Spy!"
>But then realize he's probably just some normal pony, going about his business.
>This isn't the movies, not everyone is out to get you.
>So, you trot over behind the bar and in to see Kismet, who at the moment is lounging in her chair, chewing on a pencil, and looking very bored.
>However, with your arrival, she visibly perks up and stands, waving you inside.
>You consider hugging her, happy as you are, but then realize you've got to keep some form of professionalism here.
>Wouldn't want to look stupid in front of important mob ponies.
>So instead you just giver her a smile, and a wave, then trot in to greet her.
>"Hiya Twitch!"
>She says, elated, quickly sitting you down and retreating to her own side of the desk.
>"So, have you thought about those jobs I pitched you? Have you made a decision yet?"

>input action
>>
>>26462832
About the musician one.

Do I have to be threatening? I mean, you could have threatened me into working for you, but you were really nice about it.
Catch more flies with honey, and all that.
>>
>>26462832
Yes.

All of them
>>
>>26462832
"Probably the first one that you mentioned, but before I turn down the second one, I was wondering >>26462856"
>>
>>26462856
>>26462979
>>26462919
"Most likely the first one you mentioned, but before I turn down the second one, I was wondering about the musician one. Do I have to be threatening? I mean, you could have threatened me into working for you, but you were nice about it, and it worked out much better! The whole 'catch more flies with honey,' stuff."
>Kismet taps her chin,
>"Well, I suppose you could try. I was just thinking, she's a pretty intense mare this one, and I thought intimidation might be a better tactic against her. But, if you want to try being sweet with her, I'm all for you doing it, as long as it gets the job done. But you can't let her on stage, that's the most important part of the job."
>Kismet then pauses,
"And, just to let you know, you could theoretically complete both these jobs, as only this one is really pressing on the timing. I was just worried about overworking you."

>input action
>>
>>26463089
Let's say sweet talking her doesn't work, and then intimidation doesn't work.

I'm not sure I have the, uh physicality, to actually stop her. I do have an idea. If I get her to talk to me, and then slip something in a drink, like you did with the wine. That would stop her if I failed to convince her.
>>
>>26463089
I think I have a plan for that.

Maybe pretend like we're on her side, that we don't want anything to happen to her, and that it's really not a good idea to go on stage tonight. How someone's at her home waiting to see her.
My roommate taught me about it, subtlety and hints.
>>
>>26463158
>>26463212
I dunno, I'm not sure we should push our luck.
>>
>>26463306
Yeah, seems a little out of our zone.
>>
>>26463158
>>26463212
"Ah... Let's say sweet talking and intimidation both don't work. I'm not sure I have the build to do anything... Physical. Would it be possible to get something to slip in a drink, like you did with the wine? That'd stop her if I couldn't."
>Kis looks a little nervous,
>"Well, I'd prefer her conscious... If she doesn't come on stage and when her guards check on her, she's unconscious, I don't think that'd go over very well. Remember, she still needs to end up back at her house where somepony'll be waiting for her. I can however, give you something like that as a last resort, though it most likely will involve some form of physical force."
"Oh... Well, what if I pretended I was a friend, that I was on her side, and didn't want anything to happen to her. Tell her it's a really bad idea to take the stage tonight, and how somepony is waiting at her house to help. Would that be good?"
>Kis nods,
>"Anything to get her off the stage and over to her house, that's what's needed."

>input action
>>
>>26463089
Just take the first one.
>>
>>26463340
Trip
>>
>>26463340
Yeah, I think I like the first one better.
>>
>>26463340
>>26463435
>>26463543
Man, I wanted to do it.

Oh well.
>>
>>26463556
I do too, but it doesn't really seem up our alley.

Other one seems more our speed. Somehow we seem to be actually kind of good at stealth.
>>
>>26463569
>good at stealth
It makes sense that we'd be good at avoiding other people's notice considering how bad we are at social interaction. It's a life skill we developed to avoid the wanton loss of our spaghetti.
>>
>>26463435
>>26463543
"Eh... I think I'll just stick with the first one. This one just doesn't seem up my alley."
>Kis nods,
>"Sorry to hear, but that's okay. Your other job, as I mentioned, will be borrowing an ID card for us. Think you can handle that?"
>You nod.
>"Goody! Now, as I mentioned yesterday, there's a fashion convention going on soon, and we don't have an 'in' at the moment. That's where your job starts."
>She roots through her desk for a moment before retrieving a manila folder an passing it across to you.
>Inside is the polaroid of a mare, a small description, and a key.
>The mare actually looks rather like you, but with a different color mane and style for it, purple and short cut.
>"Bright Bay. She's a low-level manager in Splendera, but high up enough for access to this convention. Somepony under the radar, but still with the credentials for entrance. You'll be going to the hotel she's staying at, Plaize, and sneaking into her room to steal her ID. On the paper I gave you is a small description of her likes and dislikes, her room number in the hotel, and some dirt I was able to dig up on her, in case you really need it. The ID you're looking for is a small, unmarked business card with her name on it, along with her home address outside Canterlot and a code word, which I don't know."
>She now gestures to the key.
>"This is a copy of the maintenance skeleton key. It won't get you into any rooms, but the elevator shaft, backdoor of the hotel and probably some other places are wide open with it. Don't lose it."
>She then sits back and smiles,
>"Any questions? I know it's a lot to dump at once, and not much to go off of, but we're kind of all stumbling in the dark at the moment."

>input action

Pausing for a while here.
>>
>>26464035
What type of locks do the hotel rooms have?
>>
>>26464035
You know, we might be able to get this one done easy just by buying a wig, waiting until she leaves, and telling the front desk we lost our room key.
>>
bap
>>
>>26464926
>>
>>26464035
Could we just pretend to be her and get a spare room key?
>>
>>26466201
>>26464349
>>26464108
"What type of locks does this hotel have?"
>Kis shrugs
>"Nothing special, most likely just ordinary deadbolts."
"Ah,"
>You say, then holding the picture up to Kis,
"She looks like me, doesn't she?"
>After a moment of thought, Kis nods.
>"Actually... Yeah, you do! Eye color and mane are different, but your build and coat are similar enough. What were you thinking?"
"Impersonating her was what I had in mind. Ask the concierge for an extra room key when she's out whilst wearing a wig, get in, get out."
>"Huh... That sounds like a pretty good idea! I'm not sure if she'd just leave her ID lying around in her room, but it's worth a shot."

>input action
>>
>>26466686
Do you mind if I read this dosier quickly before I go, in case I have any questions about it? Also, what time frame are we talking for this job?
>>
>>26466686
It's just for the convention isn't it? Why'd she carry it around with her all day when she could just leave it safely in her room?
>>
>>26466710
>>26466749
"This is just for the convention, right? Why would she carry it around all day when she could just leave it safely in the room?"
>Kismet takes on a slightly uncomfortable look, and sighs,
>"Well, it may or may not be slightly-job critical to her... And from what I've dug up, she's 'government mind-control' level paranoid. Hides it well in public, but she's pretty out there."
>This raises an eyebrow from you,
"Really? Well, mind if I check out that dossier to learn a little more about her?"
>"Oh sure! Go for it."

Name: Bright Bay
Weight: 57 kg
Height: 3' 1"
Orientation: Straight
Lucky Number: 7
Short Desc: Bright Bay is an odd mare. She's nice and friendly on the outside, while concealing a rather crippling case of paranoia on the inside. During the time I befriended her, she was nice, but as time went on, I realized some of the fear she hides behind that mask. Multiple times, as she began to trust me, she told me to watch out for 'them,' because I was being followed. How she sees patterns in the newspapers that spell impending doom, and that radio is used to distract society from its true ails. Troubling, but a decent mare overall.

>There's another sentance at the bottom, but it appears to have been scratched out with a pen to the point of illegibility.
>You can however, make out Kismet's name.

Dislikes: The color red, Government, Chocolate, Heights

"Okay... And is there a timeframe for this job?"
>Kis nods,
>"Sometime within the next two days. No rush."

>input action
>>
>>26467027
OCD mare must steal from paranoid delusional mare. Amusing.

Also her lucky number is odd. Pity this mare.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.