[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vampony CYOA #12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 6
File: VampOP12.png (219 KB, 1424x1521) Image search: [Google]
VampOP12.png
219 KB, 1424x1521
Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/vampony/
Inventory/Player Info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CmvuNPhx2qKfOgB8Yze97VohAdWfaPMi3ZgQVNWr4eM/edit?usp=sharing
======
Summary:
You were Mango, a Batpony from a small town near Las Pegasus turned vampire by Fierce Fang. After deciding against joining the older and obviously amoral vampire Mango fled both him and a bounty in Las Pegasus caused by her feeding habits. She's on her way to Ponyville, where there are supposedly no Vampires to compete with.
But after divulging her Vampire status to Zecora, the Zebra snitched to Twilight who confronted Mango in the Castle of the Two Sisters.
Caught between a rock and a hard place, Mango seems to be tentatively going along with Twilight's plan to send her to infiltrate a group of vampires in Canterlot.
Despite Twilight giving her a rather raw deal, Mango agrees to help, but not before negotiating for better treatment and learning about an Adventuring guild in town.
After some adventures and narrow victories with the ponyville guild, you took a train to Canterlot where you attended a meeting for the Vampires there.
They decide to hold another meeting in two nights, and you go with one, June Bug, for some 'errands'
After doing some corporate counter espionage and feeding Mango got a new power, but hasn't had a chance to try it out yet.
>Now, she just found a secret message Luna sent to her, and needs some money.
======
>>
>>26133490
>>26133559
>>26133624
>>26133720
>You head to the adventurers guild, on the lookout for jobs.
>You know there was that job underground, and supposedly it payed very good. But you think you might have to sign on with a group for that one.
>Maybe you could find some solo work instead.
>>
>>26134255
Lets see what else they got in the area.
>>
>>26134255
I wonder if that one vampire is in the guild.
>>
>>26134255
Let's find some wanted posters.
>>
>>26134394
>>26134451
>>26134535
>The guild hall here is packed tonight.
>Ponies line the entryway like sardines in a can.
>You poke an earth pony in front of you.
"What's going on?"
>"Oh, you haven't heard? The royal guard delivered the new bounties today. Apparently there was confirmed Vampony activity in Las Pegasus!"
>"Now, Celestia's put 1000 bits on the blood sucker's heads. Some guild masters are putting posseys together to go hunt for them."
>"Also, I shouldn't say this but some unicorns are making bits out their ass selling sunlight wands. I'm trying to get one before they're all gone, but the greedy boneheads want 250 bits for them."
>As that disturbing information sets in, more ponies crowd in behind you.
>You see Diane among them with her bow slung across her back, looking at the scene puzzled.
What does Mango do.
>>
>>26134703
Lets see if they have any none vampire bounties. As fun as a vampire hunting vampire sounds I doubt that's something we can pull off alone.
>>
>>26134703
Head over to Diane and if she doesn't knows what's going on then we should tell her what we just heard.
>>
>>26134703
Go to Diane and see how she's handling this bounty on our heads.
>>
>>26134980
>>26134753
>>26134751
>You look for the bounty board, but you can't see it through the throng.
>You huff a bit and head over to Diane.
"Dianer, it's Mango, from the meeting."
>"Ah, yes the new arrival to our little group. You know what's going on here?"
"Yeah, there's a 1000 bit bounty."
>"On what? 1000, damn..."
>You whisper.
"It's on us..."
>"Ah... that's inconvenient..."
>She scrunches her nose at this news.
>"I was going to see if I could get a group to go down with me to do that job in the old tunnels, maybe score a meal too. Now barely anypony will be wanting to go down there, and worse they'll be harder to surprise, on edge about vampires and all."
>"Hell, everypony might be. This isn't good..."
>>
>>26135147
Especially now that normal ponies will be carrying sunlight wands, not just unicorns.

Still, you and I could go on a job together, if you'd like.
>>
>>26135147
They're also selling sunlight wands for 250. The bounty is for Las Pegasus, most likely because of us. We were thinking about going into the tunnels ourselves.
>>
>>26135168
>>26135244
"There's also unicorns selling sunlight wands, for 250 bits."
>"With how most of these rabble spend bits I'd imagine that's out of most of their price range, but that's still troublesome."
>"I suppose we'll have to go back to all being cloaked like a century ago. That was a drab time..."
"Right, well, if you're still planning on taking the underground job, you mind if I tagged along?"
>"Of course not. We'll still need to find others to accompany us though."
>"And if we do get a meal, we are not sharing. My prey is mine, and your's is your own, deal?"
>>
>>26135440
Ours would be extremely messy since we loose control while feeding.
>>
>>26135440
Fair enough.
>>
>>26135440
I wasn't planning on hunting anyone down there.
>>
>>26135440
We haven't learned how to gain control of our-self while feeding yet so that's fair.

It would be too much of a risk anyhow at this point. Unless here just hiring common thugs who wont be missed. At least they wouldn't have sun wands.

Also ask about how things were a century ago. Were they that bad?
>>
>>26135458
>>26135460
>>26135474
>>26135514
"I, uh fed last night. I should be good anyway..."
"Were things bad a century ago?"
>"Worse than now, certainly. Vampires were still widely known as a threat, and many of the old kin did not wish to be banished to the shadow. We called it a war, but really the mortals slaughtered any Vampire they caught. The council was wise to keep to the shadow, but those who refused to follow our wise advice found themselves hunted down like dogs. They killed a score of mortals each, but that was never enough."
>"Anyway, we should look to the future, not the past. We need to find some capable ponies who haven't been swept up by this new bounty craze yet. I think two more is enough, incase you get hungry too."

>You see various ponies that are hanging back from the crowd.
>A few catch your eye.
>There's a heavily armored unicorn mare sitting on her helmet. She's polishing a very large sword.
>A crystal Earth pony tinkering on some kind of device. Almost like he strapped a gun to a crystal.
>A big griffon with light armor and a lance.
>A mustachioed Earth Pony with a hat and two pistols on his hip.
>A pair of Unicorns with some stash of gear with a tarp over it. If you had to guess, it looked like a cannon, wheeled carriage and all. Of course you can't actually see under the tarp.
>Finally there's a cloaked Zebra. with various potions and poultices strapped to her faux leather (you hope) belt.
>>
>>26135981
Wait, she's gonna attack the one's we go with?
>>
>>26135981
Not unicorns.
Go with griffon lancer and the zebra.
>>
>>26135981
Tell her about how wee feed so she'll know why we're hesitant.
>>
>>26135981
Crystal pony and earth pony. They'll be defenseless at close range and very little armor to get in the way.
>>
>>26136094
>>26136128
"Wait, you're gonna feed on allies?"
>"If I must. Hopefully there's actually some bandits or whatever down in the tunnels, but adventurers die on jobs all the time. Nopony questions their deaths if you spin a tale of glory for them."
"I'm just a bit hesitant about feeding in general. I have a bad record being able to keep myself under control.."
>"Ah, the bloodlust. It's something we all deal with. Infact that's why I started feeding on guild members. They face monsters quite often, so a mauled corpse or two wasn't totally unbelievable."
>>
>>26136204
Any ideas on how to control it? We'd at least like to have the option of doing it cleanly rather than painting an alleyway.
>>
>>26136204
I'm not really comfortable with attacking non-criminals.
>>
>>26136204
Well when you're able to control yourself that's all fine and dandy. What if instead of risking exposure during this sudden vamp scare, we just put them to sleep and give them fake memories so we don't have to put them down later. I just feels to risky to act normally given whats been going on lately.

Or if that doesn't work and we need a snack we should just go hunt some bandits instead and come back to the cave later. Maybe there are some non vamp bounties to take out.
>>
>>26136249
>>26136312
>>26136383
"Can you tell me anyway to increase my control over the blood lust?"
>"I can tell you what worked for me. It's all about mindset. You think of the prey and yourself as part of the natural cycle of things. You are calm because what you're doing is in the nature of the predator and prey relationship. You weed out their week, and they are stronger for it. They provide you with sustenance, and you are stronger for it."
>"If you think yourself a monster, than a monster you shall be."

"Look, I'm not really sure I'm comfortable attacking these ponies. Not only are they just trying to make a living, but we're kinda in the middle of a vampire panic. They might be looking for any signs right now..."
>Diane grumbles
>"You might have a point. I'll try to refrain from attracting attention, but I need to feed soon! I might not have an option."
>"Anyway, we need to get some companions anyway. Have you seen any that look like they won't run at the first sight of a Diamond Dog?
>>
>>26136676
My votes are still on the crystal pony and the griffon.
>>
>>26136676
We could let her have one of our blood bags later, even though it's obviously nothing more than a snack to them.
>>
>>26136733
This
Nothing is worst then a blood starved vampire.

It should be enough until we have some better safer pray to feed from.
>>
>>26136676
We could always give her some blood.
>>
>>26136676
>Anyway, we need to get some companions anyway

jesus
>>
>>26136676
I guess the mustachioed earth pony and the griffon will do.
>>
Gotta call it a night.
Hopefully a consensus is reached by tomorrow night.
>>
>>26137222
I wish QMs would say when they're waiting for something more instead of sitting for an hour doing nothing.
>>
Question: The sunlight spell that we're weak to. Is there a difference between that and the standard light spell that every unicorn in the universe knows?
>>
>>26137579
I'd assume so, or they wouldn't be going for 250.
It's like the difference between a torch and a UV torch.
>>
>>26138683
>>
>>26138683
>>
beb
>>
I want to cum inside mango
>>
>>26140435
Lewd
Be careful she might suck more than you asked for
>>
>>26140531
I want to cum inside mango while she sucks my blood
>>
>>26140797
Erotic. I like way you think anon
>>
>>26140797
It's strangely erotic.
>>
Bunp
>>
beb
>>
>>26142600
>>
board's being spammed
>>
>>26136705
>>26137045
Ok, so the griffon is one, what about the other?
>>
>>26145293
Can you answer >>26137579 ?
>>
>>26145293
I once voted for the earth pone but i'll put a vote up for the crystal earth pone if it gets us out of this stalemate.
>>
>>26145324
Why would they be the same?
That would make every unicorn ridiculously OP.
>>
>>26137579
>>26145324
Well >>26137652 got it mostly right. It's mostly expensive though because Earth Ponies can't cast spells at all without one. Pegasi need clouds to do magic, and sunlight is not something most pegasi can learn. So sunlight wands are in high demand among Pegasi and Earth Ponies who want to face Vampires. Most unicorns could take the time and effort to learn the spell, but few know it right now, mostly solar guards. If Vampire attacks become more common than I'd imagine many unicorns would learn the spell for protection.
>>
>>26145406
Sure.
>>
beb
>>
>>26145406
>>26145882
Sorry for the delay. Had to eat and pick names. I'm just awful at naming new characters...
>You approach the Griffon, introduce yourself and ask if he wants to join an expedition underground.
>"Ja. Anyzing zats not dealing viz undead ubominations. I am Gunzer, at your service. I vaz vorried zat all ze ponies vere going after zose Vampires. Do you have a group?"
>You point him over to Diane, and they introduce themselves and talk as you go to the Crystal pony.
>You have to clear your throat to get him to notice, but he still doesn't take his eyes off the weird crystal gun he's working on.
>"If you're here to ask about forming another Vampire hunter posse, the answer is still no. I still need to test this weapon's effects on the living before I start trials on the undead."
"Uh, no, I was asking about going underground. I'm Mango, by the way."
>"Ah, good. That's a far better testing ground. I'm Silver Spring. When do we start?"
>You point him over to Diane and Gunzer.
>Maybe it was Gunther actually...
>Griffon accents are weird.
>What does Mango do now?
>>
>>26147233
Right now, if we're ready to go.
>>
>>26147233
I think we're set. Could have done with a helmet, but it's not essential.
>>
>>26147233
Tell them we'll meet up with them at the cave.

That way we can give Diane a pack of our pony blood so she doesn't starve.
>>
>>26147245
>>26147376
>>26147506
"I'm ready to head under, you guys ready?"
>Diane smirks at you.
>"Have you ever been in the old mines, Mango? We're going to need some light source, seeing as we can't see in the dark."
>She enunciates that last part slowly.
"I'm a batpony, I can see fine, but I suppose you all need light?"
>They both tell you they have equipment, or can get some easily, but will need some time to do it.
>It's about 9:15 now, and they can meet you at the mine entrance in an hour.
>You walk up to Diane.
"Laying it on a bit thick don'tcha think?"
>"I need to keep my cover watertight."
"Fair enough. I have some blood bags back at my place. If you want..."
>She grumbles.
>"Very well. I really hope I do not need to stoop to that, but it is wise to be prepared."

>You have a little while to gather your gear.
>Do you want to grab the hoofguards too?
>Maybe look for a cheap helmet?
>>
>>26147591
Grab the hoofguards.

Even if the spring trigger is a bit tricky it can still do some damage to anything we need to take out.
>>
>>26147591
Hoof guards yes. Don't think we have enough for a helmet.
>>
>>26147649
>>26147671
>You grab the hoof guards and put them on.
>Even if the spring mechanism is a bit wonky, they still protect your forelegs and give some oomph to your punches.
>You would like to get a helmet, but you don't really have the cash.
>you also stuff a few blood bags into your bags from the refrigerator
>So you head out of the hotel.
>You suddenly realize that you have no idea where the mine entrance is...

>You ask the hotel concierge, and she gives you a strange look.
>"Why in Equestria would you go there? I don't know where it is exactly, other than on the mountain side, and that you're not supposed to go in there."
>Great help...
>You find a map and look for it.
>Eventually you find that the entrance is within the Palace grounds. Normally there's no access, so you guess the guild must have gotten permission.
>>
>>26148069
Neat. Guess we should go.
>>
>>26148069
Onward to glory!
>>
>>26148069
head on in. Ask a guard where it is.
>>
>>26148083
>>26148103
>>26148137
>You head toward the Palace
>You aren't intimidated at all.
>Certainly not by the sleeping sun goddess that could kill you without sweating abeat living right...
>You take a breath, freaking out won't help.

>As you approach you notice your companions waiting outside the Palace gate.
>Gunther has his talons crossed, and has a large oil lantern hanging from one.
>Silver has a silly looking helmet on, complete with an electric head lamp.
>The way it mushes his mane down makes you kinda glad you're not wearing one.
>Diane has a large metal flashlight. It honestly looks like it would make a decent club, and knowing she can see fine in the dark, that's probably how she plans to use it.

>You approach the guards manning the gate to the Palace grounds.
"Uh, hi. we're with the Adventurer's Guild. Taking that job from the university."
>"Ah, right, you want to go to the old mines? I'll need your Guild card or whatever."
>You hand yours over.
>"Hmm, an interim ID, huh. Looks like this expires in two days." He smiles and looks up. "Make sure you get a permanent one. Wouldn't want to have to lock you out on some silly technicality like that."
>The rest of your group gets through without a hitch.
>Silver has a few words though as you walk to the entrance of the mines.
>"An interim ID? So our valiant leader here hasn't even been with the guild a week yet? I'm not carrying her body out of here alone, you know."
>"Who made her ze leader? I thought zis vas just a partnership of convenience? You ponies are very odd."
>>
>>26148695
No one made me the leader, as far as I'm aware.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Gunther's right, it's more of a partnership.
>>
>>26148695
Uh im not a leader here its just a partnership for this quest
>>
>>26148695
No Gunther you're right this is a partnership.
Silver just wants to be a smart ass. and if he keeps it up he'll be a smart ass lacking the use of his jaw.
>>
>>26148819
Don't bother starting fight do we really need trouble right now
>>
>>26148695
You worry about your own ass Silver.
>>
>>26148893
The broken jaw part was meant to be more of a biting remark you say under your breath rather than a actual threat.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just flavor text.
>>
>>26148793
>>26148814
>>26148819
>>26148966
>>26148971
"Gunther is right. No pony is the leader here."
>"Nor any griffons..."
"You know what I mean."
"Anyway, Silver, you just worry about you, alright, smartass?"
>"Fine. I guess that's what I get for assuming."
>Diane just rolls her eyes at the banter.

>As you enter the mines you meet a older stallion wearing a short beard and sweater sitting behind a small wooden table that clashes oddly with the surrounding stone.
>He says he's the geology department lead and tells you what you need to do.
>They need to find a safe open area for the students to work, and several tunnels with various gems nearby.
>The mines down here are a maze, so in addition to cleaning it out of creatures and baddies, the want a map to a suitable spot.
>They're paying 20 bits per confirmed kill, and 200 bits bonus to the team that finds and maps a good base location.
>So far though, they've only had two other teams go down there, and one came back up with only a few kills.
>The other is still down there.

>From here there are two ways down.
>A spiral service stair case
>And minecarts
>>
>>26149109
Do we have anything to draw a map with? If we do we should start now.
>>
>>26149109
Staircase. The minecart might lead to a mined out area.
>>
>>26149109
Let's ask for map making materieal first, then if there's an extra bonus of bits if we find the other team and help them, then let's go down the staircase
>>
>>26149109
Map materials are needed then
>>
>>26149109
I guess we take the staircase.
We can kill any stragglers and map out any base spots they missed.
>>
>>26149109
Better use stairs
>>
>>26149175
>>26149285
>>26149263
>Do you have any parchment or map making material?
>Gunther says he has some pencils and paper in his pack.
>Silver gives him an odd look.
>"Vat? I like to write... poetry mostly."
>Silver shake his head, but is met by a glare from Diane.
>"Poetry is a civilized art. I've studied the ancient Warrior Poets of both Equestria and the Griffon lands. I'd suggest holding your tongue."
>Silver just puts a hoof to his face, but wisely says nothing.

"So, would there be any bonuses if we found the missing group?"
>"I'm afraid I'm not authorized to give out random bonuses like that. Plus, they were as heavily armed as you ponies. I don't think they're 'missing'."
>"I am a Griffon..."
>"Uh, right. You all then?"
>Gunther seems satisfied by that.

>You decide to take the stairs.
>Silver grumbles a bit.
>"Look, I really don't want to cause trouble, but do you mind if I take the carts. You can all fly, but we don't all have that luxury? I'll be exhausted going down the stairs."
>>
>>26149697
If you'd like.
>>
>>26149697
Splitting up could be a bad idea and we'll probably have to walk as well.
>>
>>26149697
Let's not split prob not really smart idea
Stay together
>>
>>26149697
Fine. Yell if you get scared.
>>
>>26149697
I don't mind if he does so. He can be our scout as he rides ahead just ask him to get back to the group as soon as he can.

In the meantime we can chill to some cool Griffon warrior poetry by Gunther as we float down.
>>
>>26149821
>>26149776
>>26149748
"Splitting up is really not a great idea. We should keep together."
>Silver grumbles again but follows you down the stairs.

>The walk is long. You're not the best flyer, and there's not enough space to glide down, so it's as hard on you as it is on Silver.
>Diane and Gunther are able to flap down easily, and they spend most of the walk rambling about old poets you've never heard of.
>Finally you get to the bottom of the shaft.
>Silver smacks his face when you all see that the mine carts all empty out not but a few dozen meters away.

>You seem to be in a maze of well mined halls
>Straight walled tunnels go in all cardinal directions, two go south, but appear to meet in the same hallway.
>To the west you hear what sounds like the clink of metal on rock.
>To the north there's again two paths. Down the eastern one you think you hear a groan or cry, but the echoing of the stone walls is making it hard to hear very far.
>You hear a lot of dripping and general water sounds, further impairing your hearing.
>No one else hears anything, and Gunther and Silver both turn on their lamps.
>Diane is keeping her Flashlight over her shoulder like a cudgel, and Silver keeps his gun ready.
>Gunther seems less on edge, with his spear still strapped to his back.
>>
>>26150095
Pausing
>>26149925
Sorry, you came in after I'd nearly finished the post...
>>
>>26150095
Suggest that we go East.
>>
>>26150095
Let's go for the west path
>>
>>26151116
>>
beb
>>
>>26150095
Head east
>>
>>26150095
If you're mapping a maze, you hug the right wall. No chance of getting lost.
>>
File: gunthermap1.png (7 KB, 390x431) Image search: [Google]
gunthermap1.png
7 KB, 390x431
>>26150187
>>26150602
>>26152366
>>26152422
>You deliberate going west or east to check out each noise.
>Meanwhile Gunther starts on the Map.
>>
>>26152586
I say let's go to mining noises
>>
>>26152586
Sure, let's go West.
>>
>>26152586
lets go west.
>>
>>26152610
>>26152653
>>26152698
>The west passage 'Ts' off into a recent looking and rough hewn tunnel.
>To the north you see a Diamond Dog with a large pickaxe, working on getting a gem out of the wall.
>You hear two other sets of clinks, and the Dog hasn't noticed you yet.
>You weren't trying to be especially stealthy, but the Dog is rather focused on his mining.
>>
>>26152719
Think Silver could line up a killshot from here?
>>
>>26152719
>>26152729
Maybe.He can try though
>>
>>26152719
>>26152729
Be prepared to charge the guy if the kill shot doesn't work.
>>
>>26152729
>>26152745
>>26152778
>You signal to Silver
>He flashes a grin and begins charging his gun.

META:Silver can skip up to 4 rounds to add damage to his attacks.
Since you caught this guy flat footed he can do this fully for 4d8 base damage, doubled due to the sneak crit. This guy might be a bit OP...

>Lightning arcs from the crystal, and into the Diamond Dog.
>You ready yourself, incase the dog doesn't go down, but it yips and jumps only once before slamming to the ground.
>The other mining sounds cease.
>In a guttural voice you hear, "Fido? Fido, are you ok? Was that a cave in?"
>>
>>26152844
To be fair, if you had a pistol, caught someone off-guard, and had the time to line up the shot, they're probably not walking away.

Find somewhere to hide so we can ambush whoever walks by.
>>
>>26152844
Back up a bit and let them come to us, then have Silver shoot him when he checks his friend.
>>
Also:
Gunther has a charge attack he can use to deal guaranteed damage and force the target to skip its turn.

Diane has Fang Drain to heal herself, but no other special attack. She is just better all around at combat though.
>>
>>26152908
This

But also prepare to ambush the guy.
>>
>>26152864
>>26152908
>You motion to back up and be quiet.
>Silver charges his gun again.
>You lie in wait.
>You don't have to wait long.
>Another Dog steps over to Fido's fried corpse, and gets roasted in a near identical fashion.
>However, Silver didn't have time to charge to full strength, and the Dog is able to pick himself up, coughing.
>He doesn't look to good, but he's ready for a fight, and slashes at Mango with his claws.
>You put your hoofguards to good use as the attacks clang harmlessly off them.
>The noise attracts a second, healthy looking Diamond dog, but he doesn't have time to attack.

>Input actions
>>
>>26152962
Do a quick jump up with our wings and test out the hoofguards on the injured ones eyes.
>>
>>26152962
Everyone else focus on the newcomer while we finish the injured dog off with a few punches.
>>
>>26152962
Have Gunther charge the new guy with Diane coming after them to do a follow up attack.

Have Mango finishes off the damaged diamond dog.
>>
>>26152987
>>26152988
>>26153026
"You get the new guy, I got Mr. Smokey here."
>You flap up and come down hard on the injured Dog's face.
>He dodges one punch, but that puts his eye right in front of the other.
>Unfortunately the latch fails on that hoof guard, and it sticks in his face as he falls over dead.

>Gunther charges right at the the new Dog, impaling him with the Lance and smacking him against the hard stone wall.
>Diane pulls her longbow, but overshoots, probably due to trying to not hit Gunther.
>Silver seems to have more luck, as his lightning arcs around Gunther to zap the Dog, though it doesn't seem to have much effect.

>The dog is stunned by the charge and cannot attack!
>Gunther cannot charge again until he's out of the melee.
>>
>>26153083
Running kick while he's immobile.
>>
>>26153083
Gunther should get out of the way.

Then everybody else can take ranged shots at him.

When that's done. Mango bust this dude's head open like grape with a running punch to finish the job.
>>
>>26153144
If Gunther gets out of the way, we could try our new ice spell.
>>
File: gunthermap2.png (8 KB, 521x624) Image search: [Google]
gunthermap2.png
8 KB, 521x624
>>26153101
>>26153144
>Gunther ducks after the lightning strikes around him
>"Vat are you trying to do? Zat could have hit me!"
>Diane looses another arrow, hitting the dog in the throat.
>It goes limp just as Mango goes to finish him off.
"Aww..."
>You wanted to try that ice spell you dreamed about, but you're sure you'll get another chance.

>Gunther recovers his lance, and Diane picks up her arrows, while Mango has some trouble pulling the hoofguard out of the Diamond Dog's face.
>These things would be great if they didn't fall off like that...

>The griffon then sketches out the current area.
>You note that there's a few gems sticking out in this tunnel, but most are on the ceiling, out of reach.
>You can't hear anything, except some flowing water to the north.
>It kinda drowns everything else out.

>Silver stokes his gun, asking, "Hey, they said we only get paid for confirmed kills, right? How are we gonna prove these?"
>>
>>26153381
Cut off the ear? Maybe a paw?
>>
>>26153381
Yeah cut off a body part that'll do it
>>
>>26153381
Since when could normal bat ponies cast spells?
>>
>>26153447
How do Pegasi do magic?
>>
>>26153400
Let's collect pairs of ears, just to make sure they can't claim we killed fewer than we did

>>26153447
But we aren't normal, and as far as the others are concerned, stranger can and will happen. I assume that non-unicorns can somehow learn spells in an alternative way with way more effort
>>
>>26153455
>>26153459
I was trying to point out that using vampiric powers around others might draw too much attention. Normally magic is thematic to the race and talent so how would ice powers for a fruit themed bat pony make even the slightest bit of sense?
>>
>>26153381
Cut off the left paw on each dog killed
>>
>>26153500
Because sometimes you gotta ice up your fruit trees to protect your orchard from unusual frost
>>
>>26153459
So we're a special little snowflake?
>>
>>26153400
>>26153417
>>26153447
>>26153512
"Cutting off a body part sounds good. Maybe ears or paws?"
>Diane chimes in, "I usually take the tail. Only one of those per Dog. Less to carry."
>"Ears and paws are much smaller though..."
>"I've had them not give the full cut when I brought ears. Though schools usually don't play hardball."
>"I really do not care vat ve take. But ve should get moving."
"Let's just do paws. You've never gotten jipped with paws have you?"
>"No... Fine, we can take the paws. You get to carry them though, Silver."

>You cut off the left paws of each Dog with your hacksaw.
>It's pretty gruesome, but you hand them over to the crystal pony, who hangs them from his flank.
>"Heh, war trophies. Anyway, where are we headed?"
>>
>>26153515
>Snow — yes, snow — actually works as an insulator! Temporarily. Like mulch, snow acts like a protective blanket; a barrier between the low temperatures of the air and the ground. The biggest benefit to snow is that it will eventually melt, providing moisture that your trees’ roots need to survive. Snow and other winter precipitation will provide moisture to the soil and roots during the winter so, unless your area is experiencing a winter drought, you shouldn’t have to provide water during the winter for your dormant fruit trees.
Interesting, but it's quite a stretch and Mango wasn't a farmer. Also there's a difference between innate magic (pegasai and earth ponies) and spells (unicorns).
>>
>>26153574
Lets head back to that east tunnel.
>>
>>26153574
This CYOA is now in edgy territory.
>>
>>26153597
It isn't that edgy.
>>
>>26153597
It's been in edgy territory since Bathwater killed the maid
>>
>>26153597
>cutting off parts to confirm kills is edgy
Ok fAm
>>26153591
This
>>
>>26153591
>>26153749
>You head back north east
>The tunnel opens up to a large natural cavern where you apparently just missed some fight.
>A unicorn lays against one wall, coughing blood onto her robe.
>She doesn't move beyond wheezing.
>You see two dead diamond dogs down in the middle of the room, next to the badly mauled body of an armored pegasus.
>Blood trails, smashed tables and splintered chairs point to more carnage further in.
>>
>>26153904
name
>>
>>26153904
Let's get the survivors to safety while we're not that far from the entrance, then go back to collect and move on
>>
>>26153749
>>
>>26153904
I knew we should've went here first. Get the survivors out of here.
>>
>>26153937
>>26153978
"Look for other survivors. I'll go help the unicorn."

>The others split off, and you rush over to the injured unicorn.
>She looks bad. Her limbs are limp and she's breathing raggedly and rapidly.
>She winces when you touch her.
>"s-should have lefff, eugh..."
>Under her robes her trunk has massive bruises
>Her back legs are twisted in angles that mean they're probably broken.
>She works up enough grit to talk again.
>"G-got thrown against the wall, minotaur. I feel like I'm drow-owning."
>She coughs red globs of blood onto her pink fur.
"I'm gonna get you out, don't worry."
>She shakes her head, but you put her on your back.
>As you do so, you feel her wince with pain every time you move her.
>The rest come back to the entrance with nothing.
>Gunther shakes and lowers his head.
>"Zere vere two others. Zey, did not make it..."
>The unicorn on your back wheezes out "four..." before coughing again.
>>
>>26154071
Keep your eyes open for a minotaur while we're leaving. Does that mean there's 2 unaccounted for?
>>
>>26154071
Do minotaurs really take captives?
>>
>>26154242
>>26154544
>You head back to the stairs, keeping an eye out for minotaurs.
>"That fight looked brutal, wish we'd been there to help."
>"That adventuring group killed near twice their number, and that just what we saw. The blood trails mean there must have been even more. We'd have been overwhelmed as they were."
"The unicorn said something about a minotaur. Do those take captives? She also said something about four. Maybe there was more in the group?"
>"I've never fought a minotaur. I do not know their proclivities."
>When you reach the stairs you notice that the unicorn has gone limp.
>She's no longer breathing.
>>
>>26154760
Can Silver use his gun as a defibrillator to restart her heart?
>>
>>26154797
I don't think that's how medicine works.
Of course we really don't have any other options.
>>
>>26154829
An electric shock can restart a stopped heart and we know his gun shoots electricity. I just hope there's still enough blood in her.
>>
>>26154760
What the fuck is this
CPR CPR
somebody bring electricity guns will work too
shit i ain't a doctor but i worst case scenario she has blood in her lungs
which requires medical attention IMMEDIATEVLY
>>
>>26154913
>>26154797
>>26154829
>>26154996
"Dammit! Silver, your gun shoots electricity right? Can you restart her heart?"
>"No. My gun shoots lightning, from a bottled pegasus cloud. It's operating at around 100 times the voltage and many thousands of times the power of a unicorn's defibrillation spell. And even if I could reconfigure the gun to shoot a lower power shock, and I could if you give me a few hours, I don't think we could get her back up to proper care in time. But did you feel her pulse? Or just her breathing?"
"Shit."
>You feel her pulse.
>Delicious blood still pumps through her veins
>Her nose and throat are full of blood.
>"Mango, I know you vant to help, but I zink you should let her go. Even if she lives she'll be crippled for ze rest of her life..."
>"We should get the other bodies. They might have died, but we can still respect their remains and their glorious last stand.."
>>
>>26155066
They can go back for the others while we at least try to save her. There is still a pulse after all.
>>
>>26155066
I think It might be best to get her companions and pay them the proper respects after their passing.

I doubt she'll make it pass the walk up stairs.
>>
>>26155066
Oh hell now i'm saving this bitch dead or alive.
i agree with
>>26155104
>>
>>26155104
>>26155236
"You three go, I'm going to save her."
>"Mango..."
"You heard me. I'm going to save her."

>You aren't sure what to do, but you're going to try your damndest.
>You try chest compressions, like you've seen in movies.
>But her ribs are crushed, her chest just collapses from the push, and blood streams out of her mouth and nose.
>She coughs once, before gurgling and then ceasing breathing again.
>Her pulse is weak and irregular before it stops completely.

>The others come back to find you lying by the dead unicorn.
>Tears of anger roll down your face.
>You tried so hard to save her...
>Silver and Diane pull the other two beside her and cover them with a tarp.
>What do you do?
>>
>>26155593
One shot and we didn't even give any input! Her ribs were obviously ruined, we should've compressed her diaphragm, applying pressure bellow her ribs, and tried to clear her throat by repositioning her.
>>
>>26155593
Well fuck.
Tell them go leave us alone for a min
we could technically use her to feed ourselves if we need that's a bit cruel on my side though
>>
>>26155593
Grab a tarp.

It's best to just close her eyes put her to rest and move on. These are the risks of this job.

Better to protect who we have alive then mourn over the lost.
>>
File: gunthermap3.png (15 KB, 1000x640) Image search: [Google]
gunthermap3.png
15 KB, 1000x640
>>26155652
>>26155657
>>26155800
>You wipe your face, and close the unicorn's eyes.
>"They knew the risks going in Mango. Will still have a job to do."
>You grab the tarp, and pull it over the unicorn, covering all three bodies.

>You make your way back to the large cavern, where Gunther has finished drawing out the map.
>He also labeled where you've found hostiles and bodies.

>The cavern is filled with broken furniture all of rough make.
>The walls obviously were once filled with gemstones, but they appear to be all mined out now.
>You still don't hear much beyond the ever present flowing water, though it's not nearly as loud here.
>>
>>26156159
I say we try and find the source of the water flow it might be a place where we can mark as a suitable base.
>>
>>26156159
Did we collect proof from the dead?
>>
>This whole thread
CRAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIN
>>
>>26156159
Head for the bottom opening at the end. Seems like the adventurer bodies lead there.

>>26156268
That's a good point. A little shady taking other people kills, but there might as well be some benefit from this.
>>
>>26156284
Yeah, I dunno why the sudden respect for life, especially since we delivered a severed head to a dude's office.
>>
>>26156545

They were fellow members of the adventurer's guild. Honor among those of the same trade and all that.
>>
>>26156771
Still, to that extent may have been a little extreme. Especially since she's never really shown a lot of respect for the dead.

Both times she's been offered food - "Eh, he's dead anyway, trying to help is pointless, might as well."
The maid, the gangsters, the guy whose guts we punched out, the guy who held us at gunpoint, the diamond dogs both in the tunnels and a few minutes ago. Mango's never shown remorse for killing.
Sure, she was disgusted at the body, but she never showed remorse beyond 'Oh shoot, I accidentally killed him.'

Sure, the situations were different, I think it was OOC for her to cry for someone she couldn't save.
>>
>>26156771
Err...we're not even apart of the same guild.
And I think it requires more than a week of being in the guild to have idealistic feeling about honor in it.

We might have hamed it up a bit.
>>
>>26156970
It's all one guild.
>>
>>26156268
>>26156473
>"Uh, I know it seems a bit crass but I took the paws from the Dogs the others killed. I figure they can't use the money now anyway. I mean, the guild will pay for their funerals. Might was well have someone benefit from their deaths..."
>"Zeir Earth pony had some dog ears on a ring. Are you going to steal zose too?"
>"Come on Gunther, it's not stealing. I'm not gonna take those though..."
>The griffon huffs, but doesn't stop Silver.
>>26156545
>>26156771
>>26156970
>>26156927
>>26157450
>You're not really sure why you were so upset.
>Maybe it was a bit selfish. It wasn't so much that you were upset that the unicorn died.
>You were upset because you failed to save her.
>Hell, you've seen plenty of death.
>>26156243
>>26156473
>You want to check out both the north and south areas you haven't been, but the water noises have plagued you long enough.
>You go back to the tunnel where they were loudest and head north.
>A smaller natural cavern opens up, but it's half filled with brown water.
>A busted water pipe pours into the cavern.
>It's loud enough to be very uncomfortable to you
>But also to hide the sounds of your approach to the two Diamond Dogs mining at gems.
>They're waist deep in the water, and fill the cavern with an awful wet dog smell.
>>
>>26157684
Silver should definitely shoot one. The shock might even catch the other one.
>>
>>26157684
Use>Fully charged lightning gun
Target>Water
>>
>>26157684
Wonder if the water is conductive?
>>
>>26157798
It's dirty, so it definitely should be.
>>
>>26157748
>>26157754
>>26157798
>You nudge Silver, who smiles widely as he charges his gun.
>The arc lights up the whole cavern when it hits the water
>Both Dogs are caught off guard, and are nearly thrown clear of the water pool.
>Neither is quite dead, but both look badly hurt.
>As they struggle to pick themselves up, you have an opportunity to get in another strike.
>>
>>26157848
I still want to try our new ice spell.
>>
>>26157866
I dont think thats a good idea.
People might freak out at the sight of a bat pony using magic without a wand.
Sure the conclusion might not be automatically be "hey your a vampire" But it will be hard to explain.

I rather not have rumors starting.

>>26157848
Let's just punch them and have Diane shoot some arrows.
>>
>>26157848
We got ranged fighters. No need to take risks.
>>
>>26157848
Try to interrogate one of the dogs before we kill him.
>>
>>26158002
why?
>>
>>26158090
Find out where the other dogs and minotaur are so we can sneak up on them.
>>
File: gunthermap4.png (18 KB, 984x886) Image search: [Google]
gunthermap4.png
18 KB, 984x886
>>26157866
>>26157954
>>26157996
>>26158430
>Diane shoots the closer one in the chest.
>It slumps over before it even gets up, the arrow snapping under the Dog's weight.
>You decide to try using your ice missile.
>Of course you don't have a horn, do you?
>While you try to figure out how to form the ice, Silver jolts the last Dog.
>It twitches a bit as it goes down.
>Dammit, you're never gonna get a chance to use this damn thing...

>As the battle fades, Gunther takes the time to draw out the map.
"Hey, next Dogs we come across, lets leave one alive. See if we can't find out where that Minotaur is. I'd rather not end up like the three we had to drag out of here."
>"Ja, sounds good to me."
>>
>>26158497
We should mark this place down as a good base location. It has a water source so if they can purify it it would make a nice place to make camp.

We should head to the right.
>>
>>26158497
Go right.
>>
>>26158497
I think they'd likely be in the NE corner of the map due to the arrangement of enemies.
>>
>>26158563
>>26158606
>To the right there you come to another north-south hallway. It ends in rough stone to the south, but continues to the north.
>However, continuing to the right is a wooden door.
>Listening in, you hear several creatures snoring.
>They don't sound like ponies.
>>
>>26158996
Found they're home.
>>
>>26158996
Whisper to the party what we found.
>>
>>26158996
We should take care of them so we don't get flanked. Get closer to the door and take a look at it. Make sure it's not rigged with a trap or alarm.
>>
>>26159036
>>26159043
>>26159045
>You check the door but don't see any traps
>You whisper to the others
"I think I found where they're sleeping. Let's take care of it so we don't get flanked."
>You slowly open the door, revealing six sleeping Diamond Dogs.
>Two look pretty beat up.
>You assume these must have taken part in the fighting against the other group.
>>
>>26159116
We can deal with the four healthy ones and then handle the two injured last. Cover the mouth and put the knife through the heart.
>>
>>26159116
Lets try to kill as many of them in their sleep as we can.
>>
>>26159116
Yup, just gag them and stab them the heart or slit their throats in their sleep.
>>
>>26159172
>>26159180
>>26159271
>You pull out you hunting knife and get to work.
>The first three healthy Dog's go down easy, but on the last one, your hoof slips as your knife hits his skin, and he's able to knock the knife away.
>The commotion wakes the other two.
>Your less stealthy party is waiting by the door, and is also alerted.
>Input actions
>>
>>26159287
Did Silver have the foresight to charge his gun?
>>
>>26159287
Try to knock out or incapacitate the one we're on top of.
>>
>>26159287
Hit him and retreat towards party. They should be able to do damage over range, so the dogs will have to come to us.
>>
>>26159287
...Punch him/kick in the nuts to stun. Then continue to beat him to a pulp while the others are shot down.

If only we had our double barrel, this could be so much funnier.
>>
>>26159436
>Aiming for genitalia.
Come on, Anon. There are way more effective places to go for.
>>
>>26159436
You do have that revolver you took from the spy.
>>
>>26159436
Ballshots actually aren't that effective at stunning.

Easy to defend and retaliate against, it's a small target, and doesn't debilitate the enemy at all if their adrenaline is up.

Plus, we're literally on top of him, way too close to use a firearm. In the time it would take to draw the gun, aim, and fire, he would already have time to either knock the gun away, punch, claw, or bite.

A melee attack to the face or torso is a far better bet.
>>
>>26159436
>>26159453
>>26159530
>>26159568
We've already seen the effects of shooting a gun in a confined area and the noise would definitely attract others.
>>
>>26159453
>>26159568
True. But i'm a huge dick and I just want to see what a super vampier punch would do to a diamond dog's nuts after how we punched a hole in that sandbag.

Seeing how we're doing pretty well at this point I'm just being silly and having fun.
Not trying to be effective.
>>
>>26159861
Go for the closest dogs knees while he's distracted by Gunther.
>>
>>26159861
>2 votes against something
>Anon concedes their action as a joke meant to be funny
>Still go with that action
Come on, dude.
>>
Why aim for the balls? We deserved that backfire.
>>
>>26159945

>>26159919
>>
>>26159322
>>26159340
>>26159354
>>26159436
>>26159453
>>26159568
>You punch the Dog you're on top of with your hoof guard.
>The hoofguard fails, sending the spikes into your hoof, instead of his face
30/35 HP: Injured leg
>Still, it knocks him around enough so that you can hop off and glide back toward the door.

>Silver fires past you, but the lighting arcs harmlessly into a wooden door on the other side of the room.
>Diane fires an arrow that hits one of the injured Dogs, pinning it to the bed it was on.
>The other dog charges in, but is intercepted by Gunther.
>The dog, swipes the Lance away, but is cut in the process.
>He swings at you and Gunther.
>You're able to sidestep the blow, but Gunther takes the full force of the swipe.
CRIT! Gunther is at 19/25 HP
>His shoulder is bleeding, but Gunther is still holding back the Diamond Dog from the squishier members of the party.
>The other dog that you ran from enters the fray, attacking you and Diane.
>He hits your hoofguard, which sends a spasm of pain up your body.
>Diane is able to avoid his strike.
>>
>>26159998
He just struck us, which means he should be open to a swing from our other hoof.
>>
>>26159998
Why did you add that last part?
>>
>>26160043
He was no longer stunned.
>>
>>26160049
In what universe is a punch to the face less likely to stun than a kick to the balls?
>>
>>26160067
This universe.
>>
>>26160049
Especially considering we didn't do any damage.
>>
>>26159953
>>26159919
Yeah, I totally misunderstood the discussion, sorry.

>>26160067
>>26160049
It was more about intent. The intent of the ball strike was to stun
>>26160077
You did, but I'm keeping the numbers hidden. However, I feel like you should know your Party Members HP.
>>
>>26160120
>more about intent
So you can intend to do something and it'll magically work, even when it has no business doing so?
>>
>>26160141
Oh shut up. Punching someone in the head does not guarantee they're stunned. You got what you wanted, now lets move on already.
>>
>>26160166
It is far more likely than hitting the balls.
>>
>>26160183
Maybe the race of dogs that spend all their time underground without helmets have thick skulls.
>>
>>26159998
Give him an uppercut.
>>
>>26160141
I still think anyone would be a bit stunned after a good punch in the nuts. I don't know why you wouldn't be hobbled in pain after a good strike in a vulnerable area.

But still regardless the move probably just passed a DC and no one else made a call shot to hit the guy in the temple or some place else around the head that would stun so it wouldn't work.

>>26160207
I imagine that would make the DC higher so that make sense.
>>
>>26160120
So was the hoofguard always going to fail or was it a bad roll?
>>
>>26160261
Every time the hoof guard is used offensively or is put on or taken off I roll a d20. If the roll is a 1 then it fucks up in some way. Either falling off, or This is independant of the attack roll. For example when it stuck in the Dog's eye you actually got a crit for the attack roll.
>>
>>26159998
I'm going to bed now so as a final vote I say when the battle is over. We should get Gunther out of the cave, to a doctor, and then cut our losses.

Maybe come back to the place another time.
>>
>>26160325
A loss of 6 hp isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>26160039
>>26160226
>You face the Dog that you had been fighting and give him an uppercut with your good hoof.
>Blood starts to drip from his nose, and he screams
>"Theivings Ponises! This our mine! Our Treasure!"
>Diane smashes her flashlight on his head, and Gunther finishes him off by stabbing the lance through his chest.
>Silver then zaps the last, injured dog, who then lashes out at Silver and Gunther.
>Silver just gets scraped, but once again Gunther get's hit hard.
Silver is at 18/20 HP. Gunther is at 13/25 HP
>The last dog snarls in defiance at odds clearly not in his favor.
>>
>>26160381
Dive at his legs. We can knock him down and the others can finish him.
>>
>>26160381
He's already hurting, just don't get in the way of the projectiles that are surely headed his way.
>>
>>26160381
Let others finish him off
>>
>>26160381
Wait, didn't we want to interrogate one?
>>
>>26160561
Yes.
>>
>>26160561
>>26160602
"Hey, hold up, we can interrogate this one."
>Gunther and Diane go to tackle the Dog, and restrain him.
>While they keep him down, Silver aims the gun at his head
>"Dog tells pony nothing! Big Bull will come, help us reclaim our treasure! Pony bones will snap like so many toothpicks, yes."
>>
>>26160843
>input questions
>>
>>26160843
Who's Bull, and what does he want?
>>
>>26160843
What are you doing in here
>>
>>26160843
Why is your English Ponyish? so fucking bad
>>
>>26160872
>>26160914
>>26161130
"Bull?"
>"Yes, Big Bull. He says a lot of thing, and sometimes dog listens, yes. He's strong so dog does what he says. Big Bull says we get treasure here, treasure ponis STOLE from dog, yes!"
>"And just where is zis Big Bull? I zink ve'd like to speak with him."
>"Dog doesn't tell... Dog means Dog doesn't know, yes."
"You talk like a drunken mare's foal. Are all Dog that dumb?"
>"Dog no dumb, yes. Ponis is dumb! Dog is win argument!"
>>
>>26161155
Braindead fucker.
Kill him
>>
>>26161155
Tell Silver to watch the door.
Inform the Dog he'll win some broken legs if he doesn't say where Bull is.
>>
>>26161271
>>26161283
Last one tonight
"Silver, watch the door."
"Dog, where is the Bull? You wanna win a pair of broken legs?"
>"Dog says he does not know. Dog will not be imitated."
>"You mean intimidated?"
>"That is what dog says, yes."
>"We aren't gonna get anything from this braindead mutt. Just kill him."
>"Yes, kill Dog. But more will come! Bull will come, grind you to dust!"
>>
>>26161498
Yeah yeah tough guy just get rid of him
Still bull might cause us issues and we lack info about him
>>
>>26161498
Ask where he doesn't want us to go.
>>
>>26161558
Ask this with as much sincerity as we can fake for maximum effectiveness
>>
We haven't searched for loot yet.
This seems like a pretty classic dungeon crawl, we should search for loot.
>>
>>26162591
We'll probably have a chance after the Minotaur is dealt with, I'd rather not be in a prone position looking for little stuff while that thing is still in here with us
>>
>>26161558
This
>>
>>26163114
>>
>>26163114
>>
rump
>>
Bump n shit
>>
>>26134216
Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.