[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendship Games just got it's Japanese Netflix premier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: japony.jpg (14 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
japony.jpg
14 KB, 257x196
Friendship Games just got it's Japanese Netflix premiere on December 29.

Video:

>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3k20nc_my-little-pony-equestria-girls-friendship-games-japanese-part-1-2_shortfilms
>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3k20nd_my-little-pony-equestria-girls-friendship-games-japanese-part-2-2_shortfilms

Japan's all caught up on Equestria Girls, now.
It's either dub Season 3 onward or no more pony for them.
>>
Based Japs at it again
>>
>>26008595

>Japanese prefer magical schoolgirls over talking horses

How I hate them.
>>
>>26008595
At least they can enjoy best movie
Kind of retarded to the movies before the seasons that they correspond to, though; a lot of things wouldn't make sense
>>
>>26008595
interesting they didn't attempt to dub the songs at all.
>>
>>26008794
It probably takes too much effort for the estimated sales figures.

Also
>Japanese VA
>vocal talents other than high-pitched whines
>>
>>26008768
>Kind of retarded to the movies before the seasons that they correspond to, though; a lot of things wouldn't make sense

If TV Tokyo doesn't want to air the show anymore, Netflix Japan could air it.

The Equestria Girls films may just be testing the waters to see if there's still interest. If Netflix Japan DID pick the show back up, then that would mean no more time edits and the show could be released there uncut.

But it would also mean no more Cardboard Japanese Twilight segments.
>>
File: nf.png (648 KB, 1010x524) Image search: [Google]
nf.png
648 KB, 1010x524
>>26008595

>Dat Japanese Midnight Sparkle

NNNF.
>>
>>26008737
>>Japanese prefer magical schoolgirls over talking horses

No shit.
>>
>>26008595
Is that really true? Japan edited all the girls to have larger breasts?
>>
>>26009321

Uh, no.

The image was a joke.
>>
>>26009391
lol ok. i wouldnt have been surprised if it were true anyway, i guess.

>>26008997
I know, something about that voice. I don't understand why, but she was already hot, now she's even hotter.
>>
>>26008794
They didn't subtitle or photoshop the credits with romaji or anything at the beginning either. I guess they didn't want to spend a lot of money. They just had a lady dub over the title splash with "Equestria Girls 3!"

Pretty silly, but whatever. Maybe they subtitle the official version or something.
>>
FiM is kill
>>
do you think if they reference nukes in mlp japan will lose interest
>>
>>26008595
So the EqG movies did well on jap land but the show failed?
Interesting. Lads were going on how EqG would be poorly received with the chinks
>>
Guys, give up, chinks couldn't care less about MLP and derivates.
>>
File: fluttershy pepe ree safe.jpg (248 KB, 1650x1374) Image search: [Google]
fluttershy pepe ree safe.jpg
248 KB, 1650x1374
>>26008595
>Taking my DFC waifu and making her a cow
>>
>>26013563
It's fake, anon. It's a silly edit dating back to the first days of EqG
>>
>>26013230
there was a lag for both, it seems corporate CHOSE to push EqG first. I'm guessing they're trying to predict the market, but I could have sworn there was a contract for more FiM episode dubs recently
>>
>>26013571
I remember seeing it long ago, but never checked if it was legit. Good to know...
L-leave my teeny titty waifu alone. shes perfect as is
>>
>>26009391
"Damn it"
>>
Watching it again reminded me, is there any art or stories featuring that qt drum major?
>>
>>26013578
Yeah I've heard they were pushing more episodes based on how well the first eg did on Japan's Netflix. There was a post on ED on it I think
>>
>>26013748
I remember they said japan wanted a 52 episode block, which would leave out half of a season that they haven't seen yet
>>
>>26008737
That's literally their main genre
>>
>>26008997
really?
I just listened to it, and, the voice actress barely tries to sound different at all. Tara Strong really pulled off the villain voice, but this one, meh

But i didn't really expect anything else, even though i count japanese voice actors as the best in the world personally, for some reason they seem to suck when they try to voice american cartoons. The translations aren't good as well. Why do they feel the need to insert american terms like "princess"?
>>
>>26014759
The word princess is a selling point on the show.
>>
>>26014884
for english speaking folks, they could just as well use "hime", same shit for them
>>
>>26014100
Chale homes
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.