[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Derpy's new voice or old voice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1291021351967.png (77 KB, 320x317) Image search: [Google]
1291021351967.png
77 KB, 320x317
So I just recently started watching the show and did some researching and found out that they end up changing Derpy's voice. I think that's pretty fucked. I watched that scene in the ep 'Slice of Life' and her voice sounds fucking bare. It's like all of the Mane 6 have a unique voice that perfectly fits them and many minor characters do, then they give Derpy a mix of Fluttershy and Pinkie's voice.

Which voice do you guys like better? The new voice really does not fit her at all. It makes no sense for her to be all 'ditsy' and clumbsy with walled eyes yet have some sweet innocent voice, it sounded much better with her boyish original voice. Kinda pisses me off when show creators do this because people get angry, they seemingly ruin the experience. Not that it's super important, but shit, they might as well remove her compltely and give Pinkie Pie walled eyes, it'd make more sense now that they she sounds like a toned down version of her.

Whoever called the changed fucked the fans.
>>
>>25980580
>Derpy
Who?
>>
>>25980580
Her old voice was better in my opinion, but the new one is fine too. In the scene they redid though, my issue is with them re-recording the lines for RD as well. They were shittily done the second time and didn't flow quite as well.
>>
>>25980595
Don't fuck around m8. Derpy, Ditsy, Muffin, nameless. Whatever the fuck you wanna call her, they really fucked it up imo.

Not the biggest fan, but when I found out about this it fucked with me. I watched the clip of the Round Up when it was livestreamed and seeing the reactions from a bunch of bronies was cool, I'd love for something like to to happen to one of my favorite shows, but shit, you don't give the fans something they really want just to take it away.

Honestly, changing her voice was more retarded than how she was portrayed. Fucking stupid in all honesty. Really pissed me off for some reason.
>>
>>25980617
The new voice isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but after hearing the old voice and how she was originally intended to be, her new voice doesn't give off the same feel. Honestly, they could easily make an exact copy of her named Doopy Ditz and give it the original voice and they'd seem completely different, that's how big a change a voice can make.

I'm sure some will disagree, but fucking Christ some companies are fucking stupid. Should've just either A: Kept her voice, or B: don't show her again. It's better to kill off the character than change the character into someone unlikeable.

Thank god I wasn't a fan until now, I'm pissed off just by the idea, I can't imagine how fucking mad I'd be if I found out they just canned my fav character because of some complaints.

Pure fucking bullshit.
>>
bump for opinions

just a simple which you like more.
>>
Old voice was a voice of a clumsy fool that wanted to help.

New one is a voice of scatterbrained, idiotic blondie.

I liked the old one better, it had a warm feel to it.
>>
The Last Roundup, pre-edit: Eh. Kinda bad.
The Last Roundup, post-edit: I like it more
Slice of Life: Much better than the previous two.
>>
>>25982597
I personally can't agree. Maybe the voice was bad to some, but I liked it, and one thing you can't do is change a voice that's already established. At that moment, the pre-edit Last Roundup voice WAS Derpy, any other voice won't make the cut. Especially when Last Roundup Derpy and Slice of Life Derpy are essentially two different characters. The voice makes 1 fuck of a difference.

Sucks that Hasbro caved in, but it's whatever. No matter what they do Derpy's voice, her original voice is still her true voice, it'd be like trying to change Twilight's voice, no matter if it sounds better or worse, the official Twilight is Tara Strong/and the given pitch. Headcanons aside, you can't change what;s established, especially not when the changes is because of complaints about mental retardation, fucking.
>>
>>25980580
I think I was too preoccupied with the fact that they underped her eyes and censored Dash saying her name to care much about her new voice. I remember watching that episode on a livestream and it was priceless seeing everyone lose their shit when Dash said "Careful Derpy". I didn't get too involved in Derpygate since I never cared that much about Derpy in the first place, but the immense butthurt that followed was fucking hilarious.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 208x250
>>25980580
I like the her new voice.
Derpy Quinn is best Derpy
>>
>>25983232
However, Tabitha was trying to do a boy's voice at first since she didn't know that Derpy was supposed to be female, so I'm not sure how good Derpy's original voice is. It just sounded too retarded.
>>
File: 527468.png (285 KB, 1280x663) Image search: [Google]
527468.png
285 KB, 1280x663
>>25980580
I actually liked her voice in Slife of Life more. In The Last Roundup I thought her voice was much too deep, and along with that the semi-slow way she spoke was waaay too retarded for my liking.

I found her personality better in Slice of Life too. She wasn't a rambling shit-brain who ruined everythng she came into contact with, but more of an airhead who could still reasonably function.
>>
>>25983439
This guy gets it.
>>
>>25980595
Daapy
>>
>>25983439
>rambling shit-brain
That's something I personally enjoyed about her. Her entire gettup was that she was slow. Extreme clutz, gets in the way of things, messes things up, wall eyes, and deepish/slow voice, considering that it was her first personality it fits her more imo.

Though, you can't lie, she isn't nearly as unique as she was before. The new Derpy is essentially a clutzed Pinke Pie. At its core, old Derps and new Derps are 2 very different characters, with Old being more retarded and the New being toned down and more reasonable. Not a bad voice, but huge change of pace as of what she originally was, can't complain. At least the fans actually get to keep the character.
>>
>>25983655
Sure, the differences between old and new are pretty big, but the new one fits what I've always expected her to be like more.

Yeah, she was always meant to be stupid and a clutz, but Last Roundup took it to its extreme.

It's not difficult for me to imagine that Slice of Life Derpy is capable of dropping a bunch of furniture on top of Twilight.

This seems to be a discussion about personal taste, though.
>>
>>25980580
Her new voice is cute, but I miss her original one.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.