[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Sci-Twi so much better than canon Twilight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1052773.png (774 KB, 1100x1800) Image search: [Google]
1052773.png
774 KB, 1100x1800
Why is Sci-Twi so much better than canon Twilight?
>>
>>25967664
>>25967664
Autism appeal.
>>
>>25967664
I feel like pony Twi had pretty much hit her top achievement when she became a princess, and even though she still has things to do, her struggle is kinda done.

Sci-Twi is more like how Twilight was in season 1, still learning and discovering things, trying to make friend. Faults make the audience want to root for them. If a character is already perfect or doing really well, it's not nearly as interesting.
>>
>>25967740
That, and human Sci-Twi is just cuter than human pony-Twi.
>>
>>25967740
>Sci-Twi is more like how Twilight was in season 1
No shitting on SciTwi here, but she is different than season 1 Twi. SciTwi is a lot nicer and humble than pony Twi was. Pony Twi could be a sarcastic bitch a lot (which, admittedly, made her a pretty good character at the time). Plus pony Twi definitely was less socially awkward than SciTwi is. SciTwi was pretty damn awkward in Friendship Games. Plus I got a vibe she wanted friends a bit more than pony Twi did. Don't know why, though.
>>
>>25967664
Because she turns evil like normal Twilight would if it wasn't for >muh friendship
>>
>>25967845
Yeah, you're right. I was concentrating on them both having missions of discovery, but personality-wise they do have their differences. Pony-Twi even had her own friends growing up and certainly seemed to get along well. SciTwi is more of a shut-in but still wants to fit in.

Hate to say it but I can't wait for the next movie, I want to see how they interact. In fact that's all I wanted ever since the SciTwi's introduction in Rainbow Rocks.
>>
>>25967740
>>25967904
>trying to make friend
>the SciTwi's introduction
I really should pre-read my posts.
>>
>>25967664
>"Anon? Is that you? I can't find my glasses, can you help me?"
>>
You know we HAVE a scitwi general already...
>>
>>25967672
/thread
>>
>>25967904
>Pony-Twi even had her own friends growing up and certainly seemed to get along well. SciTwi is more of a shut-in but still wants to fit in.
Yeah, this. Season 1 twilight, while she did have friends, didn't seem to have them as a big priority in her life and seemed perfectly content in being a shut-in. While SciTwi definitely seemed lonelier (I am now thinking back to certain scenes, such as Twilight lamenting having to do her research alone while singing What More is Out there, to being rejected while saying hello to Sugarcoat on the bus following that speech and saying that she at least she has Spike, to crying when Sunset berated her after what happened with that device, to being happy as fuck when Sunset accepted her after being saved from corruption).

Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong and SciTwi legitimately didn't care much for friends at first, just like pony Twi, I dunno. But that's how I like to see it.
>>
>>25968077
No, that's definitely a good perspective on SciTwi. I think fitting in and having friends is part of what she's singing about when she says "I know there's more that's out there, something to fill this hole inside." She's already gotten everything out of what her school had to offer, but friendship is a new world to her. She laments that she's such an outsider.

My god that song is really good, I wish the Sunset duet had been included.
>>
>>25968201
It might be why she was such a sobbing mess after Sunset called her out. Maybe she thought she was getting somewhere with those girls but after that, she thought she ruined everything, all because she wanted to understand.
>>
>>25967664
I think it's more like scitwi looks like a nerd. More than the the pony did. If the pony looked more like her with the hair bun and glasses, she'd be perfect. Wings or no
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.