[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ponies Play Pen and Paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 22
Now back for a limited time.
Though ponies can be nerds year-round, this probably won't be.
>>
I started 2015 with this story.
I'm going to end it with this story.

Prior installments can be found here: http://pastebin.com/u/twilight_game_night

>Be Anon, though it's kind of hard to remember that with the blaring k-pop threatening to pulp your brain.
>You've got to ditch this party before your eardrums burst or you develop aural diabetes.
>That's definitely one of the reasons you and Twilight are heading for the door, but not THE reason.
>You've got a game.
>Your wife has given up on one of her sleeves entirely - no doubt she'll complain about these "silly human arm things" later - and is reaching for the doorknob when you hear a shout over the Jolly Rancher noises.
>"HEY, ANON!"
"What!?"
>Brett has abandoned his controller to chase after you - giving his opponent an easy victory which they're going at full-force.
>"Leaving already?" your friend huffs in disappointment.
>You put your hand on Twilight's arm to stop her before turning back to him.
"Yeah, sorry. We've got other parties to get to."
>Other parties with -
>You can't believe you're thinking this, but it's true.
>- other parties with slightly LESS diabetic music.
>Never would have expected that from ponies.
>You flash Brett an apologetic smile, but he still slumps despondently.
>"Damn, man," he grumbles, looking for all the world like a young, psychopathic Santa in his shitty death metal themed Christmas sweater.
>He doesn't care that it's a week after Christmas - something about it being a state of mind.
>"You can't stay until the ball drops?" Brett asks, sighing when you shake your head. "Well, at least tell me your hottie roommate is staying?"
>>
>>25950739
"You mean Bee?"
>"You mean Trixie?" Twilight asks at the same time, still struggling with her coat's sleeves.
>Bee - Trixie - same thing.
>You shrug internally.
>"Yeah. Beatrix."
>"She... didn't come tonight..." Twilight answers, her brow furrowing.
>You don't often spend time together on this side of the portal, but you can still read her thoughts from the creases.
>Even with the lost year you spent apart, you know her well enough.
>Your wife is trying to decide if The Wookie is drunk.
>Either that, or she's still trying to figure out why everyone calls him The Wookie.
>She hasn't seen those movies yet.
>It's impossible to cram a lifetime of human nerd culture into under a year and - frankly - other things took priority.
>But, hey, what else are you going to call a seven-foot tall son-of-a-bitch who's THAT hairy?
>"Bee didn't come?" he repeats back with a sigh. "Damn."
"Sorry."
>"Well, good news I guess," he grunts, running a hand through his long hair to brush it out of his face. "Explains why I haven't seen her. At least that means she isn't avoiding me."
"Actually -"
>"No, it's not that at all," Twilight cuts in diplomatically. "Besides, you've been busy kicking everyone's butt at... um..."
>You don't blame her for not knowing what the others were playing - video games aren't really her thing.
>"Didn't mean to ignore you guys," Brett growls.
>Not angrily - that's just kind of his default tone.
"Don't worry about it. Maybe next time?"
>>
>>25950771
>"Yeah, definitely. We gotta get together more often. Maybe play a few games of Super Dungeon or something."
>Twilight nods, thought that may just be because she finally figured out how sleeves work.
>"I'm sure she'll be available then," your wife adds, pushing up the cuff of one sleeve to glance at her wristwatch. "But right now..."
>"Are you guys sure you can't stay until midnight?" Brett asks again. "I've got some good stuff lined up... or... or are you worried your car will turn back into a pumpkin or something?"
>He grins at his own weak joke.
"No, but my wife might turn back into a horse."
>The Wookie raises an eyebrow and laughs awkwardly.
>He doesn't know.
>None of them do.
>"Dude, you should talk about her like that," your friend mumbles. "I mean, she's..."
>"Don't worry, I'll punish him for it later," Twilight laughs, bumping her hip into yours. "But we really need to get going."
>"Gotta get back to your daughter?" Brett asks with a sigh. His eyes suddenly pop open as something behind them clicks into place. "Oh, did Bee stay home to take care of your kid?"
>You exchange glances with Twilight - you're smiling, but she can't hold it in.
>"Something like that," she giggles hysterically, grabbing your arm with both hands and pulling you towards the door. "Come on, we can't be late!"
>You wave goodbye to your friend as a woman half your size physically hauls you outside, laughing all the way.
>>
>>25950791
>Once you're safe in the car, you can't help but laugh, too.
"Something like that?"
>"Hey, she's with Rainbow Dash," Twilight answers with a shrug. "That's pretty much the same as taking care of a kid, right?"
>She grins viciously as you mumble, conceding the point.
>"Anyway, we better get home before one of them wrecks the castle."
>You start up the car, and she sighs.
>"I don't know which one of them is worse..."
>It’s Dash – definitely Dash.
>No question about it.
"Is it my imagination or are you being snarkier than usual?"
>"... blame the hormones...?" your wife answers with an innocent shrug.
"Decima was born a year ago. There's a statute of limitations on post-birth craziness."
>"I stand by my answer."
>wat
"You... you aren't pregnant again, are you?"
>"If I was, I wouldn't tell you," Twilight snaps back playfully, sticking her tongue out at you. "Knowing you, you'd just run off for another year so you wouldn't have to deal with it."
>You stare at her out of the corner of your eye until she blushes and looks down.
>"No, I'm not pregnant," she sighs, "and I know you wouldn't do that, but I still think it’s the hormones. Different body means different body chemistry…"
>Oh, right.
"And that means you act different."
>"Almost like I’m a little buzzed," she amends, glomping on to your arm. "A little confused, easily distracted -"
"Horny?"
>"Just drive!" Twilight laughs, releasing your arm and giving you a little shove. "We've got less than an hour to get back to Ponyville!"
>>
>>25950814
“Sure thing, my princess.”
>With the annoyed rumble of a cold engine, the car starts up and pull out of the parking space.
“You *do* know they won’t start without us, right?”
>”Drive!”

>Your apartment isn’t too far away – you’re chasing Twilight up the stairs with a full thirty minutes left.
>Ponyville is further away – about two realities and a sub-plane to the left… or something.
>Twilight’s explanations never make any sense, not even to Celestia or Luna.
>Luckily, you have a shortcut.
>Your wife makes a beeline straight for your room – she’s already half undressed by the time you lock the front door and catch up to her.
>She’s just stripped off her dress and is sliding it back on the hanger.
“I can wash that, you know.”
>”I only wore it for an hour,” Twilight answers, putting it back in the closet right next to her coat. “However, *these*…
>A purple-striped thigh-high flies through the air to bounce off the edge of your laundry hamper.
>Its twin follows shortly, with greater accuracy.
>”Aren’t you going to get ready?” Twilight asks as she slides off her black panties.
>They fall to a tangle at her feet, leaving her wearing only a long, purple scarf.
“I’m ready.”
>”But – oh, right,” your wife laughs, rolling her eyes. “Never mind, I’m an idiot.”
>You laugh along with her – you weren’t there to see it, but you heard of what happened the first time she tried to cross back into Equestria wearing human clothing.
>>
File: twibutt.png (454 KB, 592x1024) Image search: [Google]
twibutt.png
454 KB, 592x1024
>>25950864
>Spontaneously turning back into a pony while wearing clothing that is most definitely *not* pony shaped was not a good thing.
>”You have no idea how lucky you are that you don’t have to do this.”
>Twilight sighs and stretches, thrusting out her bare chest in the process.
“Nah, I’m lucky because you do.”
>Did you say that out loud?
>”That too,” Twilight leers.
>Yep, you said it out loud.
>“We need to spend more time together on this side of the portal.”
“Maybe make Decima a little brother?”
>”I *was* going to say for research purposes,” your wife teases with a wink. “I doubt Princess Celestia will cut back on my workload just so we can fuck like rabbits in a different world.”
>You’re not so sure of that judging from the amount of time “Sunny Smiles” spends playing with your daughter, but now isn’t the time for arguing.
>Now is the time for ogling.
>”Come on,” Twilight groans, rolling her eyes at you. “You can still see me naked on the other side of the portal.”
“It’s… not the same.”
>Pony Twilight is cute and all, but human Twilight has boobs.
>Your princess freezes, her bottom lip clutched between her teeth.
>”Are… are you saying you don’t find me attractive anymore…?” she whimpers.
“No, I –“
>You done fucked up now.
>Or… she’s teasing you.
>She’s teasing you, right?
“Too bad, you’re stuck with me forever!” Twilight laughs, skipping over to you and giving you a quick kiss. “Time to go!”
>>
>>25950913
>Nevermind, apparently it’s not the time for ogling either.
>She shoves aside the clothes in your closet and steps through to the other side.
>The assorted shirts and such swing back before she can cross over the portal – all you see is a flash of light, followed by the sound of hooves striking stone as your wife falls to all fours.
>”Hurry up!” Twilight whines from the other side. “We’re going to be –“
“Only slightly early?”
>”Yes!”

>You get downstairs with twenty minutes to spare, according to the clock in the game room.
>According to your princess, you’re late.
>From the mess Dash has made of the place, you’re inclined to silently agree with Twilight.
>Silently, because you can’t actually admit it.
>Crumbled character sheets surround the pegasus – and she’s *still* scribbling away furiously.
>Trixie – for her part – is doing her best to ignore the other pony.
>It can’t be easy – even as you watch, another balled up sheet bounces off the GM screen.
>”Dangit!” Dash growls, shoving a stack of splats away angrily to make room for a new stack. “Why can’t you just make my character? Or Anon?”
>”Yes, yes, good idea.”
>Trixie isn’t listening, but that’s okay – neither is Rainbow Dash.
>The pegasus grabs another sheet and goes right back to building her character.
>She’s had two weeks to get something written up – so she *had* to wait until the last minute.
>You share a glance with Twilight before approaching the table.
>>
>>25950927
>She wishes she was running this game – your groups very first game of Burrows and Basilisks’ sixth edition.
>Possibly the *first* game – it’s not even released yet.
>You’re playing using proof copies.
>Sure, the playtesters had their go at it already and it’s not really a game change so much as a setting change, but still…
>This will probably be its first game out in the wild.
>When you opened the unmarked box Derpy had dropped off this morning, you just *knew* you were going to end up playing this tonight – not the campaign Trixie had been planning out for weeks.
>At least she doesn’t look too put out about not getting to run that.
>Maybe.
>When you sit down beside the unicorn, you notice the somewhat horrified expression on her face.
>Your princess joins you a second later, sitting on your right.
“Well, Bee? What do you think?”
>”I *think* you should have given me this book earlier,” Trixie grumbles.
>”How was I supposed to do that when they only arrived today?” Twilight huffs, leaning forward to snatch one of the new books off of the table. “Even I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet!”
>”That is not Trixie’s problem!” the other mare snarls. “How do you expect even the Adaptable and Spontaneous Trixie to run a game in a brand new setting with only a few hours’ preparation?”
>”Are you saying you can’t?” Twilight needles back. "I thought better of -"
>"OF COURSE TRIXIE CAN!"
>>
>>25950948
"Calm down, Bee."
>It's never a good thing when she falls back on speaking in third person.
>Sometimes amusing, but never a good thing.
>Like right now – she’s starting to panic.
>Could be hilarious, if she wasn’t going to her old habit of antagonizing Twilight.
>Which could still be hilarious, except that’ll leave you with an angry alicorn to placate.
"I'm sure your campaign can be adapted, or that you've already got a dozen ideas for a one-shot."
>"Well, *yes*,” Trixie snaps back, sitting up a little taller. "The difficulty is coming up with something that you *might* have a chance of defeating."
"I'm sure you'll think of something."
>You elbow Twilight, but your wife doesn't take the hint.
>She's too engrossed in the new book to offer the unicorn any encouraging words.
>Looks like it's all up to you.
>Princess of Friendship your muscular left cheek.
"Besides…”
>You shrug and flash Trixie a confident smile.
“…how different can it be? You were there when this setting was created."
>You all were.
>"Not all of it," Trixie answers with a frown.
>Behind her GM screen, the mare flips back through the book.
>"Princess Perfect over there -"
>Trixie jerks her head towards Twilight. Your wife is either too tactful or too engrossed in her book to notice.
>You know which of the two it is.
>"- disinvited me from her games, remember? So I wasn't here when you pulled your little stunt and killed the unkillable."
"Well, yeah."
>You shrug again.
>>
File: Twilight reading.png (174 KB, 1024x862) Image search: [Google]
Twilight reading.png
174 KB, 1024x862
>>25950981
"But that's just backstory, right?"
>Important backstory - it's what prompted Tia to move the setting forward - but still just backstory.
“All the actual changes happened during the CanterCon games, so we should all be familiar with the basics.”
>In theory.
>You weren’t exactly paying much attention to the other parties.
>"Actually, I don't recognize some of this either," Twilight mutters softly, rapidly leafing through her copy.
>Curious, you reach for the book, but your princess pulls it away from you with an angry growl.
>You try again - your fingers barely brush the edge of the glow surrounding the book when Twilight's mouth snaps shut a hair's breadth from your hand.
>SHIT!
"Did you just try to bite me!? I only wanted to see!"
>"Mine!"
>Your wife glares at you and hugs the book tight to her barrel.
"Fiiiiine.”
>You groan wordlessly and slump forward against the table.
“I really should have known better."
>All three mares nod.
>Even Dash – and she's not paying attention.
>Yeah, you should have known better than to try to take a new book from Twilight.
>There's still one copy unclaimed – it just happens to be on the *other* side of the table.
>With a sigh, you crawl partway onto the table and snatch the book up.
>Better take a look at it while you can.
>You grumble internally as you settle back down on the floor.
>Celestia knows Twilight’s playgroup has seven players – well, eight now – so why did she only send four copies?
>That bitch.
"Is there a timeline or something that summarizes the changes?"
>"Kind of. It starts on page 36," Twilight answers immediately, not pausing to check the number because of course she already has that memorized. "Though… it's called a ‘timeling.’"
“Typo?”
>She shrugs, a slight movement of her wings mirroring the gesture of her shoulders.
>>
File: Twilight reads Gaunt's Ghosts.gif (250 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
Twilight reads Gaunt's Ghosts.gif
250 KB, 500x330
>>25950997
>”Has to be.”
>You've just reached the right page when your wife's eyes pop wide open and she lets the book fall to the floor with a thud.
>"Should I send a letter to Princess Celestia letting her know!?" she asks, looking around frantically. "She sent us these to proofread, right? I mean, they are *proof* copies, so - Spike! SPIKE!"
>You grab her by the shoulder as she tries to rise, gently pulling her back down.
"Don't worry about it, Twi."
>"BUT -"
"No, really. Don't. Remember Tia's letter?"
>"Yes, but -"
"These are for us to enjoy, not to make more work for you."
>"I'd... I'd still feel better if I took notes for her."
"I'm sure she has all the proofreaders she could every want already lined up and -"
>"Don't waste your time," Dash groans, looking up from her character sheet to shove some blank pages Twilight's direction. "She's an egghead. She'll always be an egghead. How are you married to her and not know this?"
"Well, excuse me for wanting my wife to relax a little."
>Your DOOMGLARE is a second too late - the pegasus is already back at work trying to come up with something playable.
>It pains you to admit it - even to yourself - but the idiot is right - unless you let note down every spelling error and inconsistency, Twilight will just get more and more worked up.
>With a sigh, you reach over and snatch an extra pencil for Twilight.
>You don't know why she didn't just do it herself, but she stops fidgeting as soon as you hold it out to her.
"Try to enjoy yourself tonight, okay?"
>"Mhm!"
>You leave her to her notes and open your copy of Sixth to the timeline.
>So far everything looks pretty familiar.
>>
File: Twilight Game Night.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Twilight Game Night.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1600
>>25951010
>There's a brief summary of the Rise of the Second Moon and the events that followed.
>Heh, a two-page spread on Paladin and how he began - and ended - that age.
>You hadn't even put that much thought into your character's background - when Tia started asking questions, you had to make up answers on the spot.
>The contents of that section will be as much a surprise to you as anyone else.
"Hey, look -"
>"Yes, I saw. You're special," Trixie grumbles. "Shut up."
>Well, at least she recognized that you're better than her.
>The next few pages run through the events of the CanterCon games and you see even more names that you recognize.
>You assume all of the PCs from those games are mentioned – there certainly seem to be enough – plus a few pieces of art filler.
>There’s a rather… *interesting*… illustration of Abdul Goldberg.
"Well, it seems like everything is here - the Star Arising -"
>You turn the page.
"- Fall of the Order of the Blood Moon... that... needs a better name."
>"Agreed."
>Twilight jots something down.
"Oh... the Redemption of the New Moon?"
>"One of the other parties started that," Twilight answers distractedly. "The... Manehattanites?"
"Right, right."
>Now that you think about it, that does sound familiar.
>You skim through that section, but it doesn't seem like they managed to finish their quest.
>Maybe that was intentional.
>Leaves a good adventure hook, plus it really opens up the possibilities of PCs from that order.
>Once you’ve finished looking it over, you turn to the next page.
>The New Griffon Empire.
“What.”
>”The griffons?” Trixie asks, peering over the screen to see where you are at.
“Yeah. Where the hell did this come from?”
>”Remember the griffon players whose characters we hired as mercenaries that first year?”
“Of course.”
>>
File: Twilight_Sparkle_reading_S4E09.png (777 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_Sparkle_reading_S4E09.png
777 KB, 1280x720
>>25951024
>”They took your pay and pursued their own goals next CanterCon,” the unicorn explains. “They probably assumed that you would disappear again and weren’t going to waste their time backing Goldberg.”
“Oh.”
>You probably should have noticed that.
>Meh, you had a good excuse.
>Ten Sider had wanted to spend time with daddy.
>As you flip through the pages, you see more and more changes to the setting.
>Some you recognize – at least in part.
>The assassins Doom Eater and Wild Light did well for themselves – and the Moon – helping to take down the Bandit Lords and restore order and law.
>You’re just about to turn to the next page when a purple wing brushes against your side.
>Nose buried in the book, Twilight is fidgeting restlessly.
>Her wings aren’t quite at full-mast, but any minute now –
>You lean to one side as your wife squirms happily.
>Even so, her wing nearly clips you again.
“Hey, careful there.”
>”Sorry, but I’m just so excited!” she responds, looking up from the book with a gleam in her eyes. “To think *we* did this… I mean, we literally changed the world!“
>”You’re a princess,” Dash mumbles around the pencil stuck in her mouth. “You do things like that every single day.”
>”And that makes it routine, don’t you think?” But this - *this* is different! It actually affects people!”
“So does your princess stuff.”
>”It’s not the same!”
“When was the last time you saved Equestria from certain doom?”
>”Um…”
>Twilight taps her chin with a hoof – you can see her thinking it through.
>”Like… absolutely certain doom or just normal –“
“Twi…”
>”Tuesday, I think,” she giggles. “Honestly, I’m starting to have trouble keeping track, it happens so often. But this –“
>She grabs her book out of the air and holds it up high.
>>
>>25951043
>” – this is the first time I’ve ever changed a whole *world*!”
>Is she serious?
>You stare at your wife for several long seconds.
>Yup, she’s serious.
“Fair enough.”
>She smiles and leans over to nuzzle your cheek.
>”I knew you’d understand.”
>”Trixie doesn’t.”
“Just come up with a game for us.”
>”Trixie is working on it!”
>”Don’t be jealous,” Dash grumbles at the unicorn. “Fluttershy should be here soon."
>The magician stammers wordlessly before hopping to her hooves.
>With her forehooves braced on the tabletop, she looms over the GM screen.
>"Trixie - TRIXIE IS NOT -"
>"Shut it, loudmouth!" Aredee shouts, bouncing yet another crumpled character sheet off the unicorn's face. "You're distracting me!"
>With a loud and dramatic harrumph, Trixie sinks back down to the floor.
>"Trixie has more important things to do than indulge your fantasies."
"But... you're the GM..."
>You shrug off her furious glare.
"Indulging our fantasies is basically the only reason you're here."
>Trixie's face goes flat and impassive.
>Yeah, you've still got it.
>Better go call the burn ward, because -
>"Are you *really* fantasizing about other mares when your wife is right beside you?"
>Shiiiiiiiiiiit.
"Um... no?"
>"So you're going to wait until she's left the room?" Trixie asks with an amused sneer.
"I don't fantasize about other mares at all!"
>"Oh," the unicorn murmurs. "Human women, then? Or is it stallions?"
>She's looking all too pleased with herself.
"Um... Twilight? Help...?"
>Your princess glances up from her book for a fraction of a second.
>"Bad husbando," she mutters distractedly. "Bad."
>She lightly smacks the back of your head with the edge of her wing.
>"Don't fantasize about my friends like that. Or her."
>You love your wife.
>Trixie groans and rolls her eyes at the both of you.
>>
>>25951043
"Because I made you waffles once?"
>"Because I'm the Princess of Friendship and you don't have a choice?"
>You point to your wife.
"She has the better answer. I'm changing mine to that."
>"I know, right?"
>Trixie's eyes dart between you and your princess.
>You can see the exact moment when she runs out of fucks to give - her shoulders relax, ears droop slightly, eyes stop bouncing around.
>"You two are impossible together," the mare groans before picking up her notebook. "Stop distracting me; I need to work on this."
>Twilight is already back to her book, speeding through the pages as fast as her eyes can go.
>You follow her example – though at a slightly less insane pace.
>Trixie is right – so much has changed.
>This… this *isn’t* the same world Twilight introduced you to two years ago.
>Perhaps that isn’t fair – it’s not like Celestia Sigmared the game.
>Oh, yeah – THAT was a fun little surprise waiting for you back in your world.
>Fuck those guys.
>But it’s… similar.
>Not really, but enough.
>At least in one way - no longer are the heroes outnumbered and doomed to failure in time. Their gods stand with them.
>Well - *goddess*.
>It’s odd, but in many ways this edition sounds more hopeful than the last – which… didn’t really feel dark until now.
>Huh.
>Yeah, Trixie is right.
>This is different.
>You close the book and drop it on the table.
>You’ve read enough.
“I see your point, Bee. Why don’t you just run something generic?”
>”If I do that, why even bother to play Sixth?” the unicorn snaps back without looking away from her book. “Why not just run a game of Fifth? Or Deathwatch?”
>She looks away from her work just long enough to glare at you with all the hatred any one pony can muster.
>>
>>25951101
>”I know how much you want to try out your new Deathwatch character.”
“Yeah, but –“
>”He’s bullshit.”
“You’re one to talk.”
>”BULL. SHIT.”
“Ancient Spooky is awesome!”
>”He’s bullshit, sweetie,” Twilight mumbles even as she buries her muzzle in her book to examine some detail that caught her eye.
>”Besides, we ARE playing Sixth tonight,” Trixie hisses. “We must explore what we have created.”
>”Heck yeah!” Dash adds. “Why the heck do you think I’m still working on my character!? I’ve got to make her fit the setting!”
>Oh.
>Okay.
“Carry on, then.”
>Deep down, you knew that was going to happen.
>Their eagerness is understandable – you feel it yourself.
>After all, how many games have you cracked open and started playing without even fully reading the rules?
>Too many.
>Too damn many.
“I think I’ve read enough, though. Enough to adjust my character, at least.”
>You’ve got a few generic ones written up that can be modified fairly easily.
“Be right back.”
>They’re upstairs – in the library.
>”Could you grab my notebooks while you’re there?”
”Sure, Twi.”
>She’s probably going to do the same as you.
>Hell, hopefully everypony will too.
>You take your time climbing the stairs and grabbing everything – there’s no reason to rush.
>Sure it’s about time to “start”, but no gaming event ever starts on time.
>Ever.
>Besides, everypony will want to take a look at the new edition.
>With lucky, you’ll start in about an half an hour. Maybe more.
>It’s never fun waiting to start the game because some lazy ass couldn’t make their character beforehand.
>But they all know that; you trust your friends.
>Except Aredee.
>Maybe Twilight can help her out.
>You reach the library and not respectfully towards Spike – a gesture he returns before looking back down to his comic books.
>>
>>25951121
>Little guy has had enough of gaming for now, and you can’t really blame him.
>Once you have her notebooks and your character sheets, you head back down to find the table significantly more crowded.
>Rarity and Applejack are sharing the book you had thrown on the table – Fluttershy is reading over Trixie’s shoulder.
“Awesome. We’re just missing Pinkie?”
>Rarity looks away from the book and nods at you.
>”Indeed, though she *was* just behind us,” the mare answers. “She said there was something she had to –“
>”I’M HERE! I’M NOT LATE!”
>A pink pony skids into the room from the kitchen, a tray of cookies balanced on her back.
>She skids to a halt just shy of the table and throws the tray onto it with a flick of her hip.
>”NOT! LATE!” Ponka repeats, panting heavily. “CAREFUL! THEY’RE HOT!”
>You raise an eyebrow and point towards the kitchen.
>Rarity just shrugs.
>”I must have been mistaken,” the unicorn sighs, though she obviously doesn’t believe it.
>She’s only trying to pretend that reality wasn’t just violated like a lolli at a pedo convention.
>You reach for a cookie, but Panko bats your hand away with her hoof.
>”I said they’re HOT! I *just* got them out of the oven.”
“Twi, the oven is still broken, right?”
>”Yep.”
“Thought so.”
>You really should do that less – the thinking thing. You’ve known Penki Poe long enough to know better.
>"Where's Ten Sider?" Ponka whines, looking around the room frantically. "I want to play with her before we start!"
“We spent Hearthswarming in Canterlot and she had so much fun she didn’t want to come back yet. We left her with Twi’s family –“
>”And Auntie Tia,” your princess adds with a gentle smile. “They can’t seem to get enough of each other.”
“Yep.”
>>
>>25951157
>When you get your daughter back, you’re going to have to make that bitch didn’t swap her for a changeling.
>”Oooooh.”
>Plenka plops down between Aredee and Rarity – her hair doesn’t quite lose its shape, but she does rest her chin on the tabletop.
“Don’t be like that.”
>Without moving her head, Prenkle’s eyes look up hopefully.
“Twilight has to head back to Canterlot tomorrow for princess stuff. She’ll be back the day after with Ten Sider and you can play then.”
>”Yay!”
>She clops her forehooves together excitedly – she only stops when Dash shoves her copy of Sixth in her direction.
>”Here,” the pegasus grunts. “Update your character so we can get started kicking ass!”
>”I LOVE kicking ass!”
>Ponkle’s eyes literally sparkle as she opens up the book and starts reading.
>”Oh, I also chewing bubblegum,” the mare adds after a second, “but I forgot to bring any.”
>She sighs.
>Well, not like you have any.
>You begin looking through your characters to find something you can adapt.
>There – that one’s doable.
>You sit down and get to work.
>The next time you glance in Ponka’s direction, she’s chewing on her own tail.
> Maybe you should go out and buy her some gum…
>You’ve just opened your mouth to say something when Trixie drops her notebook on the table.
>”I’m done,” she announces. “I assume everypony is ready?”
>To your surprise, there are six nodding heads in response.
>All of the ponies are done modifying their characters.
>Huh.
>”Anon?”
>Oh.
>Right.
>You’re ready.
“Good to go.”
>”Excellent!”
>Trixie smirks – and smiles when Fluttershy nudges her magician’s hat towards her.
>”Thank you.”
>>
>>25951185
>She puts it on – between the DM screen and the brim of her hat, all you can see are her glowing eyes.
>Twilight could learn a thing or two about showmanship from her – though you’d never actually *say* it.
>Or actually want her to.
>She’s perfect just the way she is.
>Perfect enough.
>Or something like that.
>Trixie pauses a moment, letting the last of the papershuffling and bookfondling to die down.
>”Who amongst you dare to face the terrors of Satan Klaus’s dungeon and his army of vicious reindeer?”
>wat
“First off, you’re a week late for a Christmas-themed adventure, and second you got the name –“
>A light blow to the back of your head shuts you up.
>”No out-of-character knowledge,” Twilight murmurs with a wink.

end for tonight
http://pastebin.com/CH6CDPWk
requests/suggestions/demands for their characters?
if there isn't enough interest to keep this alive - and hopefully some of the other writefags coming back to finish their green - I'll either put the rest in AiE or fuck off back to slaveponeland and finish that story instead.
>>
>>25950739
You would post this when we're running 5e, faggot. Looking forward to reading after; thanks again for all the green.

For he who writes good green, shall be my battle-brother eternal.
>>
So, after consulting with /tg/n and setting up a 5e game based on his game world, we're gonna storytime it up in this bitch. Expect green tomorrow
>>
>>25951425
Will thread be able to survive the night?
>>
>>25952066
It had better, I wanna read the storytime for the game I've been running. The dice gods are cruel, but they have a wonderful sense of humor.

Also, edits for the pastebin:
>>25950913
>“Too bad, you’re stuck with me forever!” Twilight laughs, skipping over to you and giving you a quick kiss. “Time to go!”
Forgot to green this part, boss.

>25951010
>"I'm sure she has all the proofreaders she could every want already lined up and -"
Speaking of typos
>every

>>25951101
Did you leave out a chunk between this post and >>25951068? I feel like there's a few lines missing before the waffle callback.

>>25951121
>>You reach the library and not respectfully towards Spike – a gesture he returns before looking back down to his comic books.
>not

>>25951157
>>She’s only trying to pretend that reality wasn’t just violated like a lolli at a pedo convention.
Uh, loli? Unless someone raped a lollipop. Someone's probably managed it at some point.
Also, kek.

>>25951185
>>”Oh, I also chewing bubblegum,”
I also love? Or is she being extra silly?
I probably should have seen the bubblegum line coming, after that setup.

>>25951296
>requests?
As always: moar BonBon. I'm convinced she stalked him at CanterCon, and was just stealthy enough to avoid notice. Not like Anon has Perception worth a damn anyway.
>>
File: newyears_2012.png (236 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
newyears_2012.png
236 KB, 800x450
Oh yeah, and happy new year, TGN.
>>
Bump for the bump god!
Green for the green throne!
>>
>Be the Sun
>Be bored out of your flaming mind
>Get it? Flaming?
>You're so lonely.
>Well, that's not quite fair. You have your "sister". She's really you, but a different part of you, and you can argue....boy, can you argue... so you're kind of different people too.
>And Paladin is kind of cool, even though he's stuck up Moony's ass all the time.
>But, during the day, it's just you.
>So, you pass the time watching mortals.
>I-its not creepy! They know you're watching, and they know you only want to help!
>Besides, Moony gets to see all the good stuff anyway.
>Oooo, speaking of mortals, this could be interesting.
>A human Monk of Shadows and a thestral, out in broad daylight.
>This could be worth watching.

>Agni Belkarian, human monk of the order of the New Moon, and his partner Scarlet the thestral stand in a dirt paved alley.
>"Remind me why we're out at this ungodly hour of the morning again, Agni?"
>The town of Gristmill is not large, by any standard, but it is an important trading hub.
>This means plenty of opportunities for thieves targeting caravans, and for monks targeting thieves targeting caravans.
>"Because we have work to do. And you need to get used to the sun anyway, this is good training. I did the same thing when you were training me to work in the dark"
>Scarlet rolls her blue-grey eyes.
>"You're just a sadist, admit it"
>While the two argue good naturedly and scan the street, a peach colored filly trots up to them and stares.
>Agni kneels, so as not to frighten the filly.
>"Hello little one. Do you need something?"
>The filly shakes her head slowly, eyes never leaving the human for even a moment.
>Agni frowns thoughtfully. "Then you should be on your way. Eavesdropping is rude, and I am certain your parents are missing
>>
Oh, this is my first serious attempt at green, so suggestions, critique, calling me a faggot, it's all appreciated
>>
>>25953882
Missing you*
HURR DURR I SUCK COCKS
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.