[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New MAS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDgAKPnT7U8
>>
>>25937986
10/10 more when
>>
File: 1440218425015.png (420 KB, 1467x1964) Image search: [Google]
1440218425015.png
420 KB, 1467x1964
I'm just gonna leave this here...
>>
File: Shaggy.jpg (19 KB, 364x366) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy.jpg
19 KB, 364x366
>>25937986
>you will never have a loving relationship with MAS Fluttershy
>>
>>25937986
I think greg said in the commentary for bittersweet something about the scene with fluttershy showing why he doesn't like to have the character in the series very much. Something like that, it's been a long time since I watched it. I've always had the impression that he doesn't like the character. And to be fair, if you've known people like FiM Fluttershy in real life, you probably recognize how they can be annoying they can be. y'know, the person who is so relentlessly submissive that every conversation about where to get lunch becomes a ridiculous hassle. eventually you get to the point where you just say "fuck it, we're getting thai food" even though you know they don't like spicy food, and then you get into the habit of doing that all the time because you know the alternative is a twenty minute session of pulling teeth and it makes you feel like an abusive, selfish asshole, like their passivity, negativity and self-loathing is all a result of something you did personally. and they're not a bad person, and you know that they have a lot of great qualities that would shine if they were able to get out of their negative headspace once in a while, but at the same time they make you feel complicit in their depression.

Anyway this episode I kept wanting RD to just give Fluttershy a hug, or vice versa. I don't think it's that MAS RD is just SO narcissistic that she doesnt care about how Fluttershy feels (in fact, MAS/RDP RD actually seems a lot less self-involved than FiM RD, even though the trait is still there), it's that she's just so goddamn stupid that she doesn't really understand what's happening half the time and wouldn't know what to do about it even if she did.
>>
>>25938570
(continued)

I like that these two are friends. It would be nice if they could support each other, if RD could just reassure FS that at least one person genuinely likes and cares about her, and FS could encourage RD to pursue her love of flying outside of her compulsive need to measure herself against other ponies for validation. they have in common this underlying insecurity that they deal with in very different ways.

this was a good episode. made me feel for these dumb horses. I liked that there was a little continuity with the last episode. I'm digging the way the series is diverging from the "first season"/the original FiM episodes.

Also, greg mentioned that he would be posting the animations on patreon a week before making them public. Guess this thread kinda puts a damper on that plan, huh? I don't know how much his fanbase intersects with /mlp/ but I gotta think there's a pretty decent overlap.
>>
>>25938623
That's how I got the link. I'm a patron. The video won't be officially released until Jan 7, but I decided to share the patreon link with /mlp/.
>>
>>25938695
Yeah that's what I meant. If people just leak the link here every time, then it stops being the incentive it's meant to be. I support a comic thats really popular on /co/ on patreon, and it used to have each comic a day early but then people in the /co/ threads started hinting at upcoming developments, and there were some uncanny "predictions" people made, so the author just removed that as a reward.

not that rewards have ever actually been a part of why I support people on patreon. I just really love the idea of it in principle. I don't really know if most people care about rewards, or if the donations would be the same either way.

Not trying to say "shame on you" or anything though. I appreciate getting to watch this a week early. actually, you know what, I'm gonna start supporting him. He's made a lot of content I've enjoyed over the years, I think that earns a little loyalty on my part.
>>
>>25938791
Heh, see, the effect it had on you is exactly what I intended. I really think that my posting such content may help Greg more than hurt him. It advertises his material, advertises his patreon, and advertises one of the benefits of becoming a patron.
>>
File: image.png (28 KB, 762x718) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28 KB, 762x718
>>25938623
His fans outside of /mlp/ complain about clippers all the time, I was in a livestream and Greg was the streamer and they were drawing things, and I read a persons comment in the live stream saying that all cloppers should be put in jail, it was out of context and had nothing to do with the subject at hand. So I just don't look at the comment section on his channel at all or anything his fans do cause their all assholes trying to get replies on the Internet.
>>
>>25938860
Cloppers*
>>
>>25938860
One person's comment. Come on. Remember MAS Twilight?
>"Case studies aren't statistically significant!"
>>
ITT: Samefagging.
>>
>>25938817
okay, again I'm not trying to like shame you or tell you you shouldn't have done this or anything, but that is some internet-piracy-level rationalization right there.* you could advertise the material, the patreon, and the benefits of becoming a patron by posting a thread when the episode is actually released a week from now. in fact, when it comes to the last point, you're not advertising the benefit of being a patron, you're actively demonstrating why it's not a benefit at all. seeing the videos a week early is not a benefit if you can get the same effect by checking in on /mlp/ regularly.

the real reason I'm going to become a patron is that I really enjoyed this episode, and I was just thinking about his patreon after the video he made about it the other day. that plus the fact that he finally wrapped up mechwarrior and started doing legacy of kain videos again, and I want to encourage him to keep making stuff.
*to be clear, I pirate shit all the time, I just don't try to morally justify it, and I think it's pretty dumb when people do
>>
>>25938917
You don't know what that means. Samefagging is when one person pretends to be different people. A person who posts multiple times to a thread without pretending to be different people is not samefagging. Please refrain from posting until you familiarize yourself with 4chan culture.
>>
>>25938917
there are 7 unique posters in this thread.
>>
>>25937986
Fluttershy sounds like a frequent chain-smoker now.
I guess she's homo, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
>>25938860

I hate clippers too, anon.
>>
>>25938893
I think in this situation it would be better to say anecdotal evidence, not case study.
>>
>>25939070
Hm ok so in MAS universe it seems canon that:
- Rarity is straight
- Pinkie Pie is lesbian. yes.
- Fluttershy is lesbian
- Applejack is straight
- Twilight is bi
- Rainbow Dash is stupid
>>
>>25939089
I guess RD's stupidity would lead to bisexuality, because of her lack of concern of gender. Which would neatly balance the cast.
>>
>>25939089
>Twilight is bi
can't remember that one. when was that brought up?

Also, I don't think F-Shy is lesbian. She followed Dash around a lot and people wrongly assumed that they were a couple, but I don't think there's ever been any evidence that there was some kind of one-way unrequited love going on there. We saw that explicitly with Gilda. I think we would have gotten at least some kind of hint of regret on Flutters part if she actually did have a thing for Dash at one point.

I'd say that Fluttershy is the type of person who is nominally heterosexual, but she'd never act on it (unless someone asked, in which case she would probably do it just because she's so passive) and even if she did she would find the act of lovemaking extremely upsetting and would make the whole experience unpleasant. Crying, apologizing, vaginismus. muttering about what a disgusting pony she is to herself.

I know that RDP isn't exactly "canon" to MAS, but it at least features similar versions of the characters, and in "Bittersweet" we got that whole monologue about how Fluttershy had a crush on her uncle.
>>
>>25939199
The way Flutters reacted to Dash saying she was glad she wrote the no homo message made it seem as though she was lesbian.
>>
>>25939263
And it's implied that her parents thought that she was homo; that's why they grounded her saying "You can come out when you're normal", to which Fluttershy thought "I'm going to be in here for a very long time." However, her response may have been due just to her insecurity. That she did write that on the cast, though, implies something. I guess it's ambiguous. And as >>25939199 recalled, she did have a crush on her uncle. So she's attracted to stallions and was possibly (imo probably) attracted to RD, so she's probably bi.

>>25939199
Right. And RDP -is- canon to MAS; they are in the same universe.

As for Twilight's bisexuality, I was going off the following:
- She was attracted to Big Mac after he did his mating dance as a spider. Albeit, this was while she was a spider.
- As for being attracted to mares, I was going off this fleeting moment when she seemed to flirt with Rarity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeFnnnB2G0&t=7m32s
(mind the time-stamp)
>>
>>25937986
Let me know when they do a new RDP
I never did like the MAS
>>
>>25938791
I don't have a lot of spare money but I've also decided to join in on the patreon after reading your post and OP sharing the link with us.
>>
>>25939440
It's the same universe, same characters.

The first MAS sucks, and is not "canon" to the series. It was Greg's first work and it's not good. If it's the first episode that turned you off, I don't blame you. Skip it. Skip the first few episodes if you want, and start with MAS Episode 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeFnnnB2G0&index=5&list=PLbr-HVHOIZZssp-9YhtFJB9Jtk91lMS8i

It's every bit as good as RDP. Only difference is the animation.
>>
>>25939263
Fluttershy said "Well... I appreciate the thought that made those words come out of your mouth." Which I interpreted as her reacting to how dense and incomprehensible Dash was being. But I guess that could've been

>>25939355
>And it's implied that her parents thought that she was homo; that's why they grounded her saying "You can come out when you're normal", to which Fluttershy thought "I'm going to be in here for a very long time."

I took this as being a little bit of irony. Like, by "normal" her parents meant "straight" but Fluttershy was responding to it in the broader sense of "anything even resembling a well-adjusted, happy pony." I think it's a much more clever line that way, and I'm pretty sure, regardless of whether or not Fluttershy is MEANT to be gay, that that's the way Greg intended it. I mean, if you interpret it the other way, then "I'm going to be in here for a very long time" means "because I am gay and nothing can change that" which is an oddly confident thing for Fluttershy to think, IMO.

Personally I think Flutters' sexuality is very confused, which doesn't necessarily mean "bi" but more like... like she never got past the awkwardness of early puberty. That weird stage where bizarre shit is giving you wingboners and you have only a vague understanding of what sex is. Like Tina Belcher and her whole thing with zombies and touching butts.

Rainbow on the other hand, never really came into being a sexual being at all. She's stuck in early adolescence. She knows that grown-up mares like to kiss stallions, and probably has a vague idea that that's what she's supposed to want, but I can't imagine her ever actually having a sexual desire in her entire life. If she saw a dick in real life she'd probably know what it is, but she'd have no idea what to do with it.
>>
>>25939546
>I guess that could've been
her overlooking her friend's naive homophobia.
>>
>>25939089
I has a theory. RD is secretly an asexual genius who gets lulz from her friends' attempts to find out whether or not she is "from Lesbia".

Okay, I'll admit the asexual part is just a guess, but there is some evidence that Dash may be smarter than she's letting on. She has mentioned at times how much she hates paperwork. And since she loves flying, she pretends to be stupid, as she fears her bosses will stick her in a desk job if they find out how smart she really is.
>>
>>25939559
That's Twilight's theory too, from the last episode of the original MAS. She says that she secretly suspects that's what rainbow's been doing for years and that if she could do things over she'd try the same thing.

I prefer the version of rainbow that isn't GENUINELY mentally retarded, just kinda stupid in the same way all the ponies are.
>>
>>25939546
This is good. Headcanon adopted.
>>
>>25939584
No, Twilight just mused about if she had pretended to be retarded from the start. She never suspected RD were anything but stupid.
>>
Genuinely felt bad for Fluttershy, lads.
>>
>>25939355
>Right. And RDP -is- canon to MAS; they are in the same universe.
>>25939473
>It's the same universe, same characters.

Kind of. RDP was presented as a 4th-wall-breaking storytime done by MAS Dash. But the stuff that happens in the stories isn't canon to the characters in MAS.

This gets confused when talking about episodes like spiderses and haunting nightmare because in those episodes the characters are literally physically sucked into the stories that are being told.

Also, the MAS universe was completely rebooted with the current season, and that happened after the last RDP, so even if the MAS characters did actually retain knowledge of the stories they told, they wouldn't remember them now. That'll change when The Yellow whatever comes out, so we'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>25939355
Her comment could be interpreted that way, but I sort of got the impression that she was saying it in a broader sense. In a way that, no matter how hard she tries, she will never be "normal" in the eyes of society.

Although your point about the "no homo" line does make me think. Although I'm not sure what line exactly you're referring to. If it's where she states she appreciates the thought, I sort of interpreted that as her way of saying "that was the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard, but you're stupid, so I'll let it slide".

Also, to me personally, the bit where she questions why she still follows Dash around points to her not being a lesbian. That could just be her way of subtly saying that she's not worth anyone's time, but that's not the overall impression it left on me.
>>
>>25939355
Twi's supposed bisexuality seemed more like desperation to me. In the older episodes she just seemed like this jaded, borderline alcoholic loner.
>>
>>25939599
Ah, just rewatched it, you're right. I must've heard the headcanon before and just incorporated it into my memory of that episode.

Also, I really love that episode, it was nice to see twilight starting to mellow out at the end of season 1. Makes me wonder what Greg's long term plan for the character would be over the course of the series. Hopefully we'll be able to see that throughout the reboot.
>>
>>25939089
Also I still want someone to tell me where the "Twilight is bi" comment came from. Maybe it got lost in my overly long post, but I genuinely don't remember he ever showing interest in mares. Not that I think you're lying, I'm just curious where it comes from.
>>
>>25939701
See last line of >>25939355.

>>25939659
Heh, probably.
>>
>>25937986
I just realized that "five times more expensive" joke.
Kek
>>
>Fluttershy having an existential crisis
I can relate with that.
>>
it's shit
>>
I'm gonna take this opportunity to bring up a few thoughts I had about the last episode, the pinkie sense one. I was a little disappointed by it in comparison to the "season 1" version. It was funny, don't get me wrong. But one thing I liked about the original version he did was that it did a good job of articulating the ways in which Twilight was also, ultimately, "a dumb horse." It's something that seems missing from this iteration of the series.
>>
File: so beautiful.png (117 KB, 473x342) Image search: [Google]
so beautiful.png
117 KB, 473x342
>>25937986

I never thought I would live to see this day
>>
>>25940032
Greg brought that up in his stream a little bit back.

I can't remember his exact reasoning why, but he said the old series had a lot of moments here she got her just deserts for being an ass, but he's focusing on making her right more often in this series. Perhaps it's whatever knowledge she retained carrying over to this new reality allowing her to better react go various scinarios.
>>
I think this episode is full of ambiguity in the words that RD and FS say, which makes it funny.
Even the opening lines shows some, where RD states that it's been a long time since she's been to home, which in most media is coupled with remembering the good things, but here it shows her listing bad things, leaving it ambiguous whether she actually likes it there or not. Then we get numerous jokes playing with the ambiguity of words, like Dash saying they could have a long break, but only waiting for a short amount of time, leaving the audience to wonder if Dash thinks that's a long time, and whether that could actually fit any definition of a long time. Then we get to the part were Dash says she wants to ride the plane on a philosophical level, which leaves us to wonder how can riding a plane ride be philosophical? What does it mean to be philosophical? Could this actually be philosophical in some insane way? For example, does it say something about ponies, that even when they have flight, they still want to ride on a plane? Then we get to the part were FS says she doesn't remember anything good. This has a double meaning, it could mean she doesn't remember anything being good, or she can't remember well. If it actually means the latter, and I'll admit, this is bit of a stretch, but it fits a bigger motif, then it leaves us to wonder, who has a better recounting of the past, the moron that is RD, or the possibly forgetful FS. Then there is the RD saying boom, then FS replying you hit the ground joke. This obviously plays with expectations, we know RD is referring to the Rainboom, but for all we know, Fluttershy, being possibly scatterbrained, all she remembers is the hit, because it was more important to her, because it lead to her being grounded and the cast story. There is the slow joke, that plays with the ambiguity of the word slow. And the joke with the stick on the wheel deals with the ambiguity of pictures.
(1/2)
>>
>>25940982
Then we get to the most ambiguous, and in my opinion, the funniest jokes. FS says she would have to stay in her room for a long time until she is normal. This post shows why it's so ambiguous: >>25939546 . And also the part were FS says "I appreciate the thought that made those words come out of your mouth." The last joke I'd like to touch on before I come to my conclusion is when Fluttershy analyzes herself. The whole speech begs the question, is FS a proper pony. The word's pony and pegasi do describe her, but in a purely anatomical way. If you think what those words entail, she doesn't really fit them though. She describes herself as a parody, she was born with wings, but she wasn't meant to fly, so is she really a pegasi? Her talent is being horrible, which isn't really a talent, so is she even really a pony, or at least an Equestrian one? All you can really say is she's a yellow horse.
I think this whole episode goes to show how the ambiguities of life make it funny, but also sad. How Dash's ramblings can be insightful just by chance, how Fluttershy deals with what she should be and what she is. The unintended results of our words and actions can look almost like jokes when viewed as single moments, but also they can be viewed as just a couple more tragic blunders when taking into account the rest of our lives and other mistakes. I think this goes to show a theme which I find prevalent in this series, there is no difference in comedy and tragedy, only how we look at them.
I hope this wall of text makes sense to at least some of you.
(2/2)
>>
>>25940982
>Making me notice all the little grammatical flaws here and there

Damnit Anon.

>>25940996
>Making me question my entire outlook on humor

DAMNIT ANON.

Although you do bring up some fantastic points, some that align well with my own views quite well. In my mind, anything traumatic can be made humorous, and vice versa. One of my favorite subject matters to joke about is 9/11, purely because everyone who hears a joke about it processes to laugh, and then curse my name for making the joke in the first place. Or they do either of the two actions separately.

However, if we look at a form of humor, let's say slapstick, we'll find that there is true tragedy behind it. An anvil crushing someone, or something with feeling is nothing to make fun of, or even to really laugh at. That thing is in extreme pain. But it's presented in a humorous manner, so we laugh at them, despite the horror that is actually taking place.
>>
>>25939020
This nigga gets it. Fucking clippers ruining everything.
>>
>>25940916
I can understand the story logic of that, but it makes her more unlikable IMO when her actually being right all the time is paired with her same arrogant, disdainful personality. She's my least favorite pony in the second "season" of the series for that reason. In the original, the fact that she was bitter and condescending in her relationship with her "friends" was mitigated by the fact that she was also kinda a fuckup. She was more insecure, more paranoid, and way more prone to that thing smart people do where they're really good at arguing things so they're able to persuade themselves to believe really dumb shit. It's not that MAS took up the asinine position that "feeling pinkie keen" the actual FiM episode seemed to push--that empiricism is dumb and you should just take things on faith, but Twilight could still be fucked up by her inability to keep perspective or recognize when her own actions were motivated by something other than pure logic. The episodes where MAS Twilight "got her comeuppance" made me like her a lot more.

I guess this sorta mirrors criticisms of actual FiM Twilight post alicornification.

One thing that kinda contradicts what I'm saying is the new "suited for success" where Twilight manipulates Rarity to get dresses not only for herself, but also for Applejack and Dash. Which is pretty nice of her, all things considered. I dunno, maybe we're in a transitional period for the character and she'll come out on the other side a more likable pony.
>>
>>25941325
I'm with ya man. Although I think Greg said that's he's gonna further develop the character after he's done treading old territory. Or maybe that was in response to criticisms that the episodes are feeling more static overall. If anyone else who watches the stream could correct me here, that would be great.

Although touching on the whole issue of post-Alicorn Twilight, I love how Greg accurately predicted how little Twilight's acention ment in Season 4. I know it doesn't relate to the topic, but it still continues to impress me just how spot-on he was.
>>
>>25941097
These types of generalizations look good at first blush but they don't really hold up to scrutiny. It's been said that "comedy = tragedy + time" but that's only true for a narrow definition of "comedy." I buy your assertion that anything tragic can be made funny in the right light, but the idea that all comedy is derived in some way from tragedy is much harder to buy into. I mean, you picked the most obvious genre for an example--of course you can assign tragedy to slapstick, it's literally defined by violence. What about surrealism? parody? observational comedy? puns and wordplay? Sure, you could come up with examples of these types of comedy that are predicated on tragedy, but you'd have to contort your definitions beyond recognition in order to get all examples to fit your theory.

The most persuasive model for what comedy is that I've encountered is one that sounds inherently contradictory: that humor is a combination of "the unexpected" and "recognition." the theory goes that finding something funny is an involuntary psychological reaction similar to surprise.

I googled 9/11 jokes, here's one that follows an old formula:

>Q: What was the last thing going through Mr. Jones’ head when he was working on the World Trade Center’s 90th floor?
>A: The 91st floor.

This joke works by setting up an expectation, that when you say "going through" someone's head, we mean in the common, figurative sense. We are then surprised to find that it's being used in a way other than expected, and a split moment later, we come to understand what is actually being said, and in that recognition we involuntarily laugh. Now the fact that it's a joke about a horrible thing that really happened does augment it in some way, perhaps heightening the "surprise" in that they can't believe you'd say something so awful. But the joke (or at least one very similar in structure) could easily be told without any kind of tragedy present.

1/2
>>
>>25941679
Here's an old Groucho joke, because somehow that motherfucker is still funny even though he's been dead for 40 years:

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know."

This joke pulls the same trick as the 9/11 joke. It sets up an expectation, that by "shot an elephant in my pajamas" he means that he shot an elephant while wearing pajamas, and then surprising the listener with an alternative meaning. This is augmented by the absurdity of the image, an elephant in pajamas, which is obviously ridiculous. Surprise and recognition.

If you were going to be pedantic (and I'm not saying you would, but better to just anticipate that criticism here and now) you could say the tragedy in that joke is the death of an elephant. But I hope you'll agree that you could do basically the same joke with a nonviolent twist and it would still be funny (though probably not AS funny because you and I are not groucho "fucking" marx)
>>
>>25941764
You could say, although I'll admit it's a stretch, the person experiencing the pain is not in the joke, but in fact you.
>>
>>25941789
I should elaborate, the joke misleads you, making fun of you in a way. You assume something, but it's false, making you feel foolish. It's not a great pain, but pain none the less.
>>
File: huuv.jpg (44 KB, 451x591) Image search: [Google]
huuv.jpg
44 KB, 451x591
So how bout dat animation. The only thing that bothered me was those little hoofy flicks and that underhoofed thingy Dash does when delivering lines. Do the ponies flick their hooves that much in the actual show or is that a thing from fan animations? I've seen that a lot, not just in -MAS. But he's getting better at animating them, just needs to round out his style, obviously that doesn't happen overnight. Though he's coming along nicely now that I'm rewatching the first few -MAS.
>>
>>25941856
I think the animation is pretty good, too. I think it actually fits Greg's tone better than Petirep's or the show's. The other ones are to cute.
>>
>>25941789
>>25941808
dude...

to be clear the thing that you're identifying as the "pain" of "being made to feel foolish" is actually the moment in time when you find something amusing. before, you were saying that all humor in some way contains tragedy, but now you're saying that the process of finding something funny is itself, inherently tragic. I hope you can see how absurd that is.

maybe (MAYBE) you could philosophically argue in some pessimistic manner that any distraction we busy ourselves with on our inevitable march towards entropy and death is inherently tragic, but at that point we're not really talking about what makes things funny anymore. really I think you're doing that thing I said where you're contorting your definitions beyond all recognition in order to keep your theory consistent.
>>
>>25941856
personally I like the expressive little hoof flicks. I'm enjoying the style he's doing this in, and I think it's impressive how much hes improved in such a short amount of time.

I have a friend who hates when animators do the thing he does of just having open mouths and not animating lipsync, but that's never bothered me, especially if it means I can get videos more frequently.
>>
>>25941992
I did say it was a stretch.
>>
>>25942031
By the way, I'm this guy: >>25941789
Not this guy: >>25941097
>>
>>25938321

Anyone else read this in their voices?
>>
>>25942011
I guess they didn't bother me completely, more of I thought they happened just a tad too often. Or might just be my 'tism acting up, which is entirely possible.
>>
>>25940996
>The unintended results of our words and actions can look almost like jokes when viewed as single moments, but also they can be viewed as just a couple more tragic blunders when taking into account the rest of our lives and other mistakes.
Your ideas of comedy are wrong as >>25941679 said, but maybe this line says something about life in general. It may seem fun, but overall, it's tragic.
>>
Damn this one was great. Probably one of the best, if not the best of the negative series.
>>
>>25940996
It's good.

>>25941856
Like >>25942011 I like the cute little hoofie flicks.

>>25943126
My thought too. What do you find the other most memorable episode(s) in the negative series? I like Twilight's parts in the song in Episode -9.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (465 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
465 KB, 560x560
>>25938321
Is there more?
>>
File: 1440546591279.png (622 KB, 1348x966) Image search: [Google]
1440546591279.png
622 KB, 1348x966
>>25944009
1/3
>>
File: 1440369277528.png (120 KB, 1086x1807) Image search: [Google]
1440369277528.png
120 KB, 1086x1807
>>25944009
2/3
>>
File: 1440546786310.png (137 KB, 956x2480) Image search: [Google]
1440546786310.png
137 KB, 956x2480
>>25944009
3/3
>>
Hoofyflicks are cute, I tell you. Cute!
>>25943894
-11 (Fall Weather Friends) comes to mind, guide for touching hooves with Applejack, great episode overall. -6 (Look Before You Sleep) had also some fun moments. Oh, and Rarity in -12, whining about her "boutique" and the tickets.
>>
>>25943894
I think the Swarm of the Century parody was pretty good, as was the Look Before you Sleep parody. The latter of the two is probably my favorite of the minus series thus far, however I feel both are the strongest of the minus series.
>>
>>25943894
>My thought too. What do you find the other most memorable episode(s) in the negative series? I like Twilight's parts in the song in Episode -9

That's funny, I much preferred Dash's parts to Twilight's. DESU I'm not a big fan of Greg's lyrics in general. It seems like he's focused way more on getting good rhymes in than communicating coherently. Shit sounds pretty good (I really dig the way rainbow says "the birdies and the bears are made of pretty tough, tough stuff") but it can be frustrating if you get caught up thinking about what's actually being said. Maybe I'm especially spergy about this because I used to teach English but I really hate when people use the approximate meaning of words instead of more contextually appropriate ones. I disliked "sinking ships" for the same reason, even though I think it's a pretty catchy tune overall.
>>
>>25945182
goddammit I keep forgetting about the wordfilter
>>
>>25945191
>wordfilter
When was that implemented?
>>
>>25945358
Halloween.
>>
>>25945367
Yeah, Halloween they got added, somewhere this month they removed cuck filter because /pol/ cried about it filtering some URLs or whatever, the rest stayed. Because Hiro is our cute little funny admin who has no fucking idea what to do with the site.
>>
>>25946197
Don't forget about that 500,00 back loan too.
>>
>>25946214
>500,00 back loan
Que?
>>
>>25947391
Hiro took a bank loan to buy 4chan.
>>
File: american_clopper.jpg (30 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
american_clopper.jpg
30 KB, 720x480
>>25939020

>I hate clippers

What about Cloppers?
>>
Well, if we're speaking about MAS sexualities then the only thing we know is that we don't know.

Rarity seems to enjoy stallions and mentions that she might sleep with mares as well but both can be motivated by her shallowness and vanity.

Pinkie states she's a lesbian and constantly hits on Twilight but she's a compulsive liar so it might be truth, false or a half truth.

Twilight seems to be attracted to stallions but we don't know anything more.

Applejack is supportive of traditional marriage but that might be her sense of obligation speaking as with many other things with her.

The rest is unknown. Note that the characters weren't written with sexualities planned for them, they just turn out as they turn out along the way. I think Greg mentioned something like this as well, in the his talk time about the Mech Warrior LP IIRC. That or in one of the text walls at the end of an episode.
>>
>>25937986
Damn, why is MAS so much bettersuperior to any other parody series?
>>
>>25948462
I think you're just including rares and pinkie in your list for symmetry. The other ones I can buy, but those two...

We definitely know that pinkie is lesbians, yes. It's one of the few things that has been consistent about her character across not only the entire series, but also her alternative universe selves in the monkey universe, the skyrim universe, the mechwarrior universe, and the let's play universe. Saying "well she lies all the time, maybe she's secretly straight" you might as well say that maybe she's secretly a diamond dog in a pony costume.

Similarly, that Rarity is maybe possibly bi is certainly POSSIBLE, but the idea that she's faking her interest in stallions for "vanity" is an enormous stretch. It makes a lot of her behavior completely motivationless. The original "suited for success" MAS was based around Rarity being super depressed about a stallion not wanting to hang around her for a week after he fucked her, and it was resolved by her manipulating his friends by having sex with them. What was she doing that whole episode if she doesn't like fucking stallions?

Like I said, I think you had a thesis and then just contorted the characters in order to get them all to fit it.
>>
File: RDP lewd 2.png (1 MB, 2688x1512) Image search: [Google]
RDP lewd 2.png
1 MB, 2688x1512
>>25937986
You want me to talk lewd? i can do that
>>
>>25949899
you gonna link that soundcloud file from the end of an old episode?
>>
>>25950208
that wasnt from an episode. Greg made a vocaroo for us and I'm making an animation for it.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nQUIome0SH
>>
>>25949329
>Pinkie

You're mistaking Payton for MAS Pinkie, the former is based on the latter but not the same person just as with Rae and RD. They have similar personality traits but also differences.

Also it's MAS Pinkie so she just might be a Diamond Dog, just as her ability to teleport and coming from a city that's part of the HP Lovecraft mythos might be true as well.

>Rarity

You're saying that as if a person can't have sex with a gender they're not attracted to, won't feel pleasure from their erogenous zones stimulated and can't delude themselves into various things out of loneliness.

She is disturbed and insecure enough to sleep with her boyfriends friend just to have them avoid him so she can have him to herself for a week or two more, and that's because he didn't pay attention to her once. That should say enough about her issues with fear of loneliness and what she would do to avoid it.

Not to mention there were modern real life cases where a woman marries a man, has children etc because that's just how things work before realizing what her real sexuality is a bit later than usual.

She could be aware of this and doing it for companionship. Perhaps she doesn't and just fits in. Perhaps she's too shallow to care who she sleeps with as long as it feels as something that puts her a class above her friends, even if it's having the best boyfriend.

She might be bi, straight or lesbian - that depends on what they write for her and two episodes from now it will be all changed.
>>
>>25950248
>pinkie explanation
I wasn't "mistaking" them. I didn't rely entirely on the behavior of peyton to make my argument, I was just saying that since that is one trait that's universal across different versions of the character that it's probably pretty important to the makeup of that character.

I mean, is your argument that MAS pinkie pie is lying about her sexual orientation for *some reason* and pretending to be a lesbian, and yet by coincidence the character based on her (originally for the equestria girls movie parody they were going to do) just happens to ACTUALLY be a lesbian in each of the 4 alternative iterations that she appears in? or are they all lying too?
>>
>>25950248
>>25950592
2/2
>rarity explanation

using the fact that there are real world cases where people suddenly realize late in life that they're actually homosexual when they've been living ostensibly heterosexual lives to prove that a character could maybe be homosexual is an argument that could equally be applied to any character in fiction, or in real life for that matter. ditto the argument that things could totally change if the writer chooses to do so. you could take the most raging heterosexual character imaginable--oh wait you kinda already did that--and argue that maybe they're just compensating for their secret homolust. or that maybe down the line they'll suddenly realize that they were gay all along. those things are possibilities, but they are ALWAYS possibilities, for any character, ever. we have as much evidence that rarity is heterosexual as we could have for any character in any piece of fiction. that could change in the future, greg could do an episode where rarity gets so frustrated with blueblood at the gala that she goes to the garden and facefucks fluttershy, but greg could also have her take off her pony costume to reveal that she, like pinkie pie, has been a diamond dog this whole time. actually, all the characters are diamond dogs, and they didn't realize it. turns out nobody's a pony, ponies don't exist, what the fuck are ponies?

if your argument can be applied so broadly, then what's the point of even applying it to a specific instance? in that case it's not something notable about MAS, it's just a massive generalization.

to summarize, you've taken two characters whose respective sexual orientations are aggressively pushed in our faces all the time,and you're arguing that they might actually not be what they claim to be, using an argument that could be applied to literally anyone. I really think that you just included those two for symmetry. you had a point to make, and you wanted to include all six even though they didn't all fit.
>>
>>25950592
>pinkie
Perhaps, maybe not. Who knows. Again, just because Payton is a lesbian doesn't mean Pinkie must be and I'm not arguing that she's not, just maybe perhaps she is, she's not, it's in-between.

>rarity
In one episode she says, and I'm paraphrasing, "perhaps I should sleep with mares to not be as mono-dimensional". So that's all I have to say about my argument being unfound and her being staunchly pushed as hetero. Perhaps she is and wants to do it out of vanity and attention-seeking or just didn't really think it through before speaking. Or perhaps not. Nevertheless she casually though about fucking other mares.

You're writing your arguments as if I'm insisting on what their sexuality is. But the fact all I'm saying maybe they're this, maybe they're not.
>>
>>25950975
ah, the old agnosticism argument. kk.
>>
>>25950994
Yes:
>>25948462
>the only thing we know is that we don't know.

That and:
>Note that the characters weren't written with sexualities planned for them, they just turn out as they turn out along the way.
So 5 episodes from now and Rarity might become a lesbian a'la Bobby Drake and Alan Scott. As in gay, not that they became lesbians.
>>
So is Applebloom actually implied to be the daughter of AJ and Big Mac or was that a one time joke from Rarity ?
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.