[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TOWN QUEST: Pony town builder CYOA!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 22
File: TownQuest_1.png (101 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
TownQuest_1.png
101 KB, 640x600
You wake with a start as you hear the urgent pounding of hooves at your door.

You get up from your warm, comfy bed angrily and walk towards the entrance to your small flat. Glancing out the window quickly, you realize that you are going to have to be at your part time trash collector job soon. Whoever this is is going to get a piece of your mind. It's only been fortnight since you moved to this bustling metropolis from your podunk town and you are already regretting it. Not only have you made no friends, but you are having trouble find a job and are starting to fall into debt.

Opening the door you shocked to find several soldiers and what looks to be some sort of government official. You can see all of them looking up at you through their light of their torches, and as you stand their stuttering the official says,

"There has been a prophecy made. You will come with us to the College of Magi."

You gulp. Even though you've only been here two weeks you've heard of the College of Magi and their Great Oracle Clairvoya. Apparently the ponies she makes prophecies of either reach great fame and prestige, or die... Or wish they were dead.

You start to stutter about needing to be at work, but the official waylays you and says, "You will not need to worry about that. Come with us.

You sigh. You can tell that neither the official nor his guard will take no for an answer. You lock up your apartment and then make your way with them to the College of Magi, an imposing, several story high brick building near the center of town. They quickly usher you inside and up a staircase. They then lead you to an office, which all of you cram inside.

There is little more than a desk and a chair here, on which sits a withered, old unicorn mare. She seems to blend into the room so much that were it not for her bright purple robes you may not have even realized she was there.

"It is you." the mare says in a raspy voice.

You nod, unsure of what to say.

[Continued Next Post]
>>
>>25913263

"I am sure you have heard of me, child." The mare continues, "I have seen many snips and snapshots of the future. A future where our glorious kingdom shines like a jewel over the entire world, and another where it is ground away by the monsters, barbarians, and other kingdoms that surround us. In both these instances you are one of the causes of that. And one of the bigger decisions in those futures comes from the one you will make right now. We need you, child. We need you to build a city."

You are a bit confused. You are certainly not the pony to be building anything like that. You are no carpenter, or engineer, and express that fact to her.

"You misunderstand. You will not be building it in the literal sense. We need you as something of a mayor. Someone who will make the final choices on how exactly the town grows and prospers." The Magi says with a warm smile.

You still insist that you are certainly not the right pony for this job, but then the government official pipes up and says,

"We understand that you have gotten yourself into some debt lately. Agree to do this and we can wipe it away."

[Continued In Next Post]
>>
>>25913323
Are you writing this right now or you're just waiting for someone to answer ?
If so, seems interesting. I'm lurking.
>>
File: Mapu.png (302 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Mapu.png
302 KB, 640x600
>>25913323

You groan, and then ask what you need to do to get started.

"Wonderful!" The unicorn says clapping her hooves, "My vision was a little vague on which town you needed to be the mayor of, but it could possibly apply to the towns located on the map here. So pick one of these." She says, pulling one out.

-PLAINS: Closest to the neighboring kingdom to the south. Gets lot's of foreign traders and is good for farming, and also has very few reports of monster attacks, but has poor resources otherwise.

-INTERSECTION: Most of the other towns come here to sell their goods, attracts lot's of different kinds of people, especially merchants, and reduced prices for purchasing materials. However has the highest crime rate.

-SCHOOL: This town contains a magical school, and attracts many wizards as well as tourists. The school has magical accidents sometimes.

-MOUNTAIN: Very high in metals, but low in farming and forests.

-DUNGEON: This town is built next to the ruins of an old fortress that it said to house valuable treasures, but is also cursed with monsters. This town attracts a lot of adventurers and tourists, but you have to deal with the occasional monster wandering out of the ruins.

-SWAMP: High in wood and good for farming, however it isn't very interesting, and it will be more difficult to attract settlers and travelers. There are also monsters in the woods.

Which do you pick?
>>
>>25913352
Dungeon.
We be kings now.
>>
>>25913375
WE
>>
>>25913352
Dungeon.
>>
We need to live in the swamp.
>>
>>25913352
Dungeon.
>>
>>25913352
>Plains
Seems fine at the beginning, but in the long run, a lack of ressources means it'll suck
>Intersection
It is an option, reduced prices means that whenever we'll a shitload of materials, we'll still have some money left
>School
This could be perfect : Wizards'n'shit to protect us and a school to teach kids.
And wizards are fucking cool, if we need shit they can create it for us.
But tourists+magical accidents=problems and we'll have to make sure the town is attractive, because tourists brings a lot of money
>Mountain
Shit, several ressources are missing and we'll be in no time without money and ded
>Dungeon
Same as school except there is more stuff to be found but less protection for our city.
>Swamp:
It's a place for mudpones. And we are not a shitty mudpone.

So i'll say, go with dungeon or school, but mostly dungeon
>>
File: 644196_1310555707635_500_275.jpg (15 KB, 499x275) Image search: [Google]
644196_1310555707635_500_275.jpg
15 KB, 499x275
>>25913352
We shall build it on the swamp
>>
>>25913352
I really like the intersection because dealing with crime would be easy and it should be the most beneficial to us.

Mountain because it has metal and we can make armor and weapons with it

and dungeon because those treasures sound tempting.

First vote is dungeon
then mountain
third vote is intersection.
>>
>>25913390
WUZ
>>
>>25913352
Intersection.
>>
File: Update_1.png (167 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_1.png
167 KB, 640x600
>>25913375
>>25913392
>>25913407
>>25913418
>>25913459

You decide on the dungeon.

You feel a hoof on your shoulder, and looking around you see the government official looking at you.

"Excellent, then we shall be on our way immediately. Come." He says.

He wasn't kidding when he said immediately. You are forced into a carriage, and the whole company departs. Though, a messenger is sent ahead of you to inform the town.

A few days travel and you find yourself in the small town. Town might be a bit of an overstatement. it seems to consist of a few small wooden houses, two small farms, a blacksmith consisting of little more than a few tools and an anvil, and what appears to be an inn and supply store, which is easily the most prominent house in the town. While the residents houses are mere hovels the inn is two stories with shrubbery decorating the entrance. All the windows have deep red shades, and the whole place has an air of being well cared for.

You are led into this house and come to find the inside is not quite as nice looking. It has nicely waxed floors covered with a scarlet carpet, but there are deep hoof scratches in it, and stains that show it has been well used. Similarly, the room is well furnished with decorative, but warn and ripped couches sitting behind scratched coffee tables.

At a desk nearby sits a pretty mare, and as you enter she greets you kindly. She is dressed well, with a white hat and white dress that goes well with her pink fur and mane.

"Greetings, I'm Flounce Frills. You must be our new Mayor!" She says, holding out her hoof, which you hastily take and plant a kiss on.

"Thank goodness, because the thought of that... Rapscallion taking charge is enough to-"

"Now now ma'am, Ain't very fair to speak ill of me when you think I'm not around." A gravely voice says as a large stallion appears from the doorway. "M'names Rough. Rough Edge."

You shake his hoof, and he almost crushes it.

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
File: Update_2.png (113 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_2.png
113 KB, 640x600
>>25913684

You must admit you feel a bit intimidated. Rough Edge is quite tall, tall as Flounce, but not nearly as bulky, and is wearing some sort of leathery armor and carrying a rather large sheathed sword. He has the air of someone who knows battle.

"Let me show ya around town." He says, nodding.

"Really, Mr. Edge. I was just about to do that myself."

You hold up your hands as you can see the start of an argument. You ask who the two even are.

Flounce fixes her dress, and then says, "Well, seeing as you are new in town you may not have any idea of the... Let's say political climate around here."

"Ah think you mean extortion." Rough Edge says.

"We..." She continues, pretending not to hear, "Had the idea of being your advisers. I shall speak for the townspeople. Having services for all the adventurers that come through is not cheap or free, and I will make sure to voice my opinion on that matter."

"That's rich, saying that I don't care for the town." Rough Edge says cutting in, "The adventurers and tourism are the main selling point to this town. We have nothing else, and we need to make sure to keep them happy. If the services here get too expensive, then no one will even bother coming here."

You nod, and to curtail another obvious brewing fight, you ask where you should start.

Flounce says, "Point us in the direction we should build. We have enough ponies to get some kinds of projects done, but remember that they may take a week or two to complete. The amount of money we have to spend on infrastructure will be represented as WP or 'wealth points', and these combined with resources are how we build or fund improvements to our town."

You nod again, but say you aren't sure where you want to start yet.

"Well, we can both show you around town, and you can make a decision then, if you'd like." The stallion says, eyeing the mare suspiciously.

What do you do?
>>
>>25913742
Examine self. Who are we?
>>
>>25913742
Examine town layout
>>
>>25913742
>your hands
we're human? or maybe a Minotaur.

Yeah, show us around town so we can decide whether we should improve on what we have or adding something we could really need.
>>
>>25913755
this
examine what's between you legs.
>>
>>25913742
let's get a map of the city and it's surrounding
>>
>>25913785
Are we a Minotaur?
>>
>>25913822
That would be sick as shit. We need more minotaur MCs.
>>
>>25913832
You make it sound like there have been ANY.
>>
>>25913832
Yes anon,it would be interesting as shit.
>>
>>25913832
I agree, being a minotaur would be kind of sweet.
And in the instance of this cyoa, we'd probably get a really nice bonus to fighting monsters and pony bandits.
>>
>>25913868
>>25913848
>>25913847
>>25913832
No, it would be shit.
First, the creator planned lewds for the quest, do you really think lewd with a minotaur will be interesting ?
Second, it's shit. what the fuck would make it better ?
There is no 'nice bonus" we can just wield weapons and scare people better than ponies, but we're a mayor and we're probably going to stay inside the office and hide when bandits or monster attacks
It's better to be human or pony, not shittotaur
I'll go with pony, or Human if other people want it.
also,
>>25913848 (you)
>>25913847 (you)
stop samefagging
>>
>>25914004
i meant >>25913848 and >>25913868
>>
>>25914004
>human
WEW
>>
>>25914004
>Implying that >>25913868 is samefagging.
>>
>>25914004
I do not see how having one single random human in the story would be better than to have an already established race as a character. Unless the creator plans to have a world where humans and ponies both exist.
I didnt know about the lewd planning either. But again, I dont really see it as being different from a human character.
>>
File: Update_3.png (267 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_3.png
267 KB, 640x600
>>25913755
>>25913774
>>25913785
>>25913795
>>25913810
>>25913822
>>25913832
>>25914004

You examine yourself. You are a pony.

You look between your legs and see exactly what you expected to see, which is most favorable.

You decide to take a look at the town with your two advisers.

To the north are the ruins that all the adventurers apparently go to. To the south is the road out of the town. There are still plenty of places to expand and build here. You ask what sort of resources you have to work with at the moment.

Rough Edge responds, "Our... Tourism has been a bit down lately. At the moment we only have about 5WPs to spend. We have plenty of wood we can chop down, but none in storage for building at the moment, and though we do have a small mine at the moment, we don't have the manpower to supply more than what we need for upkeep plus a little on the side. As for man power, we only have about 12 people living here at the moment. 4 on the farms, 4 in the mine, 3 at the inn including Flounce, and I-"

"Do nothing." Flounce says.

"...Act as sort of a peacekeeper around here." Rough Edge finishes.

You are still confused about what exactly 5WPs, and ask for an example.

"Hmm... I understand your confusion, but here are some examples of how much various things cost to build to give you an idea. We developed this after some... Discussion between ourselves before you arrived, and it's things we think our town may need at the moment. If you want something on the list, just tell me and we can work out the cost.

Hovel (X2): 1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Citizen
House: 1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 Citizen
Advertise: 1WP, 1 Citizen
Upgrade Inn: 3WP, 5 Wood, 3 Stone, 3 citizens
Upgrade Blacksmith: 3WP, 5 Wood, 10 metal, 2 Citizens
City Walls (wood): 1 WP, 10 Wood, 1 Citizen
City Walls (Stone): 3 WP, 5 Stone, 2 Citizens
>>
>>25914146
I think we should upgrade the blacksmith so that the adventures that pass by here buy our stuff and we can also make some good money if we repair their weapons and armor.
>>
>>25914146
Check supplies
>>
File: TRUMP.jpg (399 KB, 4806x2403) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP.jpg
399 KB, 4806x2403
>>25914146
BUILD WALL!
>>
>>25914181
This.
We should advertise too and build one more house.
Like this, adventurers and tourists will come, tourists can live here if they like the place and adventurers can settle down at the inn (or in the house if they have the money) before going to the dungeon
and upgrading the blacksmith should provide us enough monies to get more WP next time
>>
>>25914183
This, we only have a tally of WP and citizens.
>>
Can we offer a bounty for rare loots inside of the dungeon, then gouge newbie adventurers with our prices?
Also, is the innkeeper a nympho?
>>
File: Update_4.png (135 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_4.png
135 KB, 640x600
>>25914181
>>25914183
>>25914189
>>25914331

You remember seeing a supply store connected to the inn, and ask to see it. Flounce and Edge show you to the store, and you look inside.

The store seems to contain various dried foods and sundries, as well as camping supplies. There are also torches, ropes, ladders. On a separate shelf there are a small smattering of medical supplies, as well as a few bottles of red liquid. You ask what the bottles are.

"Health potions. They are in pretty big demand so I make a pretty penny off them, but I can only purchase them whenever a peddler comes by or whenever I go to the trading post. I don't know anything about alchemy myself... Perhaps we can find one?"

>Advertise (Mage) added! (5WP, 1 citizen)
>Research: Alchemy lab added! (3WP, 2 Stone, 2 Concentrated Mana)

You mention that upgrading the blacksmith might be a favorable thing, as well building the city wall, and perhaps even advertising.

"Ah, well we'll need more resources than won't we, especially wood! It takes about 1 day to gain a resources, and the amount we gain depends on how many ponies we put on the job. As for the advertising, we'll have to send someone away for about a week, and it isn't guaranteed anyone will show up... But it is the quickest way to get small bursts of people."

What should you do?
>>
>>25914456
Half on wood and half on stone. Can we upgrade other existing structures like the hovels and farms?
>>
>>25914456
Still voting on upgrading our blacksmith. I don't think we should advertise yet. Having a wall built might be good though so I'm voting for that too. We only have one point remaining but we can use it later.
>>
>>25914505
this, but building a house would be a good use of that last point remaining
>>
I'm sure we'll have everything under control.
>>
>>25914505
Vote this
>>
>>25914505
>>25914525
We don't have anything to upgrade with.
>>
>>25914565
I thought that was part of upgrading? Telling the people to get the necessary materials so we can do it?
>>
>>25914565
fuck i saw that
i suggest that we wait some days so that we gain wood+metal+stone, and gain some WP
Let's build only one house then
>>
>>25914602
>It takes about 1 day to gain a resources, and the amount we gain depends on how many ponies we put on the job.
>>
>>25914643
Alright, how about we take one of the ponies working on the farm and put him in the mines.

That way they can work for 2 days and then have 10 metal.
After that they can work for one day to get wood and then they'll have 5 wood.
>>
>>25914661
Or we could just take the guy in the inn who isn't doing anything so we don't skimp on our food supply.
>>
File: Update_5.png (140 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_5.png
140 KB, 640x600
>>25914502
>>25914505
>>25914525
>>25914542
>>25914545
>>25914565
>>25914602
>>25914632
>>25914643
>>25914661
>>25914688

You decide to not build anything for the moment, and instead work on gathering resources.

"Alright, and who shall we send out on the advertising?" Flounce says, pulling out a clipboard and jotting notes down.

You say you are going to hold off on that as well. She looks a little disappointed, but shrugs and the three of you start to gather everyone up.

You decide to take one pony from the Inn and put him in the mines, giving you...

5 Miners
4 Woodcutters
2 Inn Employees
1 Peacekeeper

and decide to go to work. As it turns night, Flounce decides that you should stay at the inn since you do not have a house yet.

-SPRING, WEEK 1, DAY 2

>The miners return, you gay 3 stone and 2 metal.
>The woodcutters return, you gain 4 wood.
>There was no business at the Inn yesterday.
>There was no crime to report today.

-Total Resources-
WP: 5
Wood: 4
Stone: 3
Metal: 2

(Note: if you want to pass more time than a single day, simply reply saying so. It will probably save us some time.)

What do you do?
>>
>>25914856
Let's pass another day. Getting a stock of wood will help us. Though on day 4 they should be moved to the mines until we get the ten metal.
>>
>>25914856
>you gay 3 stone
H-hey now
>>
>>25914856
>>25914926
This. Shall we find a motto for the guy who will advertise in every town or you take care of that, townquest ?
>>
File: Update_6.png (85 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_6.png
85 KB, 640x600
>>25914926
>>25914928
>>25915101

(If you'd like. To come up with a motto, that'd be fun! Also, going to go run some errands, be back in an hour or two.)

You continue the work from yesterday...

-SPRING, WEEK 1, DAY 3

>The miners return, you gain 2 stone, 3 metal.
>The woodcutters return, you gain 4 wood.
>A group of five adventurers stop at the Inn, but leave for the ruins almost immediately.
>Rough and Flounce get in an argument, but it is settled amicably.

-Total Resources-

Wood: 8
Stone: 5
Metal: 5

What do you do?
>>
>>25915255
Two of the woodcutters can be moved to the mines. We should now have 10 wood needed for that city wall
>>
>>25915255
Ask some folks what it's like to live here.
>>
>>25915277
no nigga
we need one more for the house, 2 more for the wall and 5 more for the blacksmith
i suggest we wait two others days and come back at day 5
>>25915424
This
>>
CONVINCE THE TOWNSPEOPLE TO BREED.
WE ARE MAYOR.
IT IS OUR RIGHT.
>>
I suggest we hire workers from outside.
We should not (immediately) advertise the town as a place to live, just as a temporary workplace. I'm sure there are unemployed, strong
stallions in neighbouring towns looking for a quick penny. They would be staying at the inn for free, that way we don't have to pay them as much.
This would be, of course, a temporary solution for faster resource gathering and building. After their work is done, they may leave or stay at their own expense. If they decide to return to their homes, well, that's just free advertisement via gossip.
>>
File: 1419048150952.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419048150952.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Update_7.png (97 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_7.png
97 KB, 640x600
>>25915424
>>25915454
>>25915511
>>25916152

You wish you could make ponies breed and get more people that way, but that would take some time, seeing as it takes almost a whole year for a pregnancy, and then it's not like they would be able to work right out of the womb.

You ask Rough Edge if it would be possible to hire people from the outside as temporary workers. If we're lucky, maybe they'll stick around.

"Sure, we could do that. I'd say 1WP per week would be enough to pay temporary workers.

>Hire Temporary Workers (Normal) added! 1WP/wk

You decide to go walking around the town and ask the townsfolk how living here is. Seeing as a lot are at either the mines or out in the forest collecting wood, you decide to head over to the farmers. You walk out to a nearby field and see a pony working among a field of what appear to be tomatoes and ask him what he thinks.

Leaning his hoe against his shoulder he says, "Can't complain. We can eat, we can drink when we can afford it, and we get business, news, and stories from all those adventurers that pass by. I guess I wouldn't know for sure how great it is to live here though considering this is the only place I've ever lived."

You seem to get similar answers from other ponies, but one in particular, the one that both works the fields and part-times as the blacksmith has this to say.

"I was made blacksmith after our last one died when some goblins came out of the ruins. I'm not saying I'm terrible at the job, but I'd need a little more training if I'd want to do anything really worthwhile."

>Blacksmith Training (Unskilled -> Amateur) added! 1 citizen, 1 week
>Blacksmith Training (Amateur -> Skilled) added! 1 citizen, 1WP, 1 week

What do you do?
>>
>>25917036
Well don't you worry about them m8. We'll get a wall built in no time.
>>
>>25917036
We need to get walls up as soon as possible then.
>>
Fuck, we've been in this town for three days and don't even know what it's called.
>>
>>25917036
Lets give our blacksmith some training.
>>
Not only will we need an alchemist but we'll also need a doctor to treat injured adventurers. It's also hard to come up with a slogan for a town that's only a pit stop.
>>
File: Update_8.png (125 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_8.png
125 KB, 640x600
>>25917084
>>25917107
>>25917179
>>25917245
>>25917305

There are so many things this town needs! You want to make a proper wall, at least around the ruins and maybe the whole town. You can definitely afford to make the stone one right now, but maybe the wood one would be a better option? You'd only need to wait one more day. In addition, it'd be nice to have a proper blacksmith, especially if they are dealing with lot's of adventurers. And speaking of the adventurers, it'd be nice to have a real hospital or at least a clinic to treat the ones who come through. Flounce has some medical supplies but not tons. You want to make sure you do the town of... The town of...

You ask Flounce and Rough what the name of the town is.

They both smile and Rough says, "Well... We were thinking that since you were reinventin' the town that maybe you could give it a proper name."

What is your plan for the rest of the day?
>>
>>25917416
Name the town "Riches".
>>
>>25917416
Dungeon Keep
>>
>>25917416
my submission for a name is "gallopton"
though dungeon keep works too.

I have no plans.
>>
>>25917468
This.
>>
>>25917427
>>25917468
>>25917577
>>25917587

http://strawpoll.me/6390248

Also, would you like to do any building? Make sure to be specific.
>>
>>25913263
so no colt quest for a while i'm guessing.
>>
>>25917669
we need four days of wood collecting before we can start building anything.
then we can build the blacksmith upgrade and the city wall at the same time.
At least that's what I think we should do.
>>
>>25917692

(I'm testing this. After this thread finishes I'll go back to CQ.)
>>
>>25917716
this seems like it could be awesome, but i also love CQ.
>>
Thought of an action, let's ask what flounce and rough were fighting about the other day. We can also get their opinions on what they think is the most important to build.
>>
File: Update_9.png (155 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_9.png
155 KB, 640x600
>>25917427
>>25917468
>>25917577
>>25917587
>>25917669
>>25917713
>>25917833

(With a whopping two votes, Gallopton wins!)

You decide to name the town Gallopton. The two nod in agreement, and then you ask them what they were arguing about before.

"Ay, that was something that we were going to talk to you about." Rough says, grinning.

"Yeah, we were having an argument over what we believe should be the focus of our development efforts." Flounce says, smiling, "We think that maybe you should decide."

"I was saying that we need better services for all the travelers we get. We need a blacksmith who is worth his salt, and a proper supply store instead of the one room closet we have at the Inn. In addition, perhaps something to take the adventurer's mind off their ordeals. Perhaps some sort of proper bar, or gambling tables." Rough Edge says.

"And I think that we need to increase the number of people here first and foremost. I think that if the town grows, so will it's reputation. People need a reason to stay here, not just to visit and maybe get rich quick by spelunking." Flounce Frills remarks with a nod.

What do you do?
>>
>>25918267
MORE PEOPLE MEANS MORE WORKERS
MORE WORKERS MEANS COOL SHIT
>>
>>25918313
MORE ADVENTURERS MEANS MORE MONEY.
MORE MONEY MEANS MORE PEOPLE.
>>
>>25918267
I do want this town to be more then just a place to rest but we should stick to pleasing the adventurers since that's what we're known for.

I also don't see how having more people live here builds our reputation other then them saying " oh that place that's near the goblins? keep away from it. "

We should think about getting an experienced chef and building a restaurant too.
>>
Thinking about it having a town that relies on there being a dungeon to explore, we really should start getting more ponies to live here sooner rather then later because once that's gone we'd be boned.
>>
>>25918596
>get seasoned ponies to stay
>build training grounds
>recruit vets to teach
>???
>profit
>>
File: Update_11.png (120 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_11.png
120 KB, 640x600
>>25918431
>>25918446
>>25918650

You decide to stick with using the dungeon as a draw point and getting money off of the adventurers.

>Rough Edge liked that.
>Flounce Frills Disapproves.

"Great! I knew you'd see it my way!" Rough Edge says, "Now, here is what I had in mind..."

>Casino Added! (3WP, 5 Wood, 5 Stone, 5 Metal, 2 citizens)
>Supply Store Added! (1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 Citizen)
>Bar Added! (1WP, 3 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 Citizen)
>Inn Upgrade: Bar Added! (1WP, 2 Wood, 1 citizen)
>Inn Upgrade: Item Shop Added! (1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 citizen, requires one "Alchemist")
>Training Grounds Added! (1WP, 3 Wood, 3 Metal, 1 citizen, requres one "Trainer")

What do you do?
>>
>>25918814
Construct the Bar
>>
>>25918814
>Flounce will remember that
We still need to BUILD WALL
>>
>>25918814
Let's make a supply store for the travelers.
>>
>>25918814
Aren't we still working towards a better blacksmith? Not only does that mean better equipment for the adventurers, it also means better tools for the townsfolk.
>>
>>25918846
>>25918862
>>25918872
>>25919007

We can do all of these, but I need to know where you want to pull the citizens to build these things from.
>>
>>25919028
Can we get a list of current resources, assignments, and projects?
>>
>>25919053

(I just realized I messed up the number of people a bit. I'm going to fix it by just adding two more ponies.)

Resources:

Wood: 8
Stone: 5
Metal: 5

Assignments:

2 Farming,
4 Woodcutter,
5 Mining,
2 Inn,
1 Guard Duty

Projects:

Advertise: 1WP, 1 Citizen
Bar Added! (1WP, 3 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 Citizen)
Blacksmith Training (Unskilled -> Amateur) added! 1 citizen, 1 week
Blacksmith Training (Amateur -> Skilled) added! 1 citizen, 1WP, 1 week
Casino Added! (3WP, 5 Wood, 5 Stone, 5 Metal, 2 citizens)
City Walls (wood): 1 WP, 10 Wood, 1 Citizen
City Walls (Stone): 3 WP, 5 Stone, 2 Citizens
Hire Temporary Workers (Normal) added! 1WP/wk
Hovel (X2): 1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Citizen
House: 1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 Citizen
Inn Upgrade: Bar Added! (1WP, 2 Wood, 1 citizen)
Inn Upgrade: Item Shop Added! (1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 citizen, requires one "Alchemist")
Research: Alchemy lab added! (3WP, 2 Stone, 2 Concentrated Mana)
Supply Store Added! (1WP, 1 Wood, 1 Stone, 1 Citizen)
Training Grounds Added! (1WP, 3 Wood, 3 Metal, 1 citizen, requres one "Trainer")
Upgrade Inn: 3WP, 5 Wood, 3 Stone, 3 citizens
Upgrade Blacksmith: 3WP, 5 Wood, 10 metal, 2 Citizens
>>
>>25919101
take one off woodcutting or mining and build supply store
>>
>>25919139
Take off of wood since we only get 1 type of resource from there.
>>
>>25919101
Supply store. We need a good way to get income, and the sooner we get it the better. Blacksmith training is also good.
>>
File: Dolan.jpg (64 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
Dolan.jpg
64 KB, 1180x842
>>25919101
Stonewall!
>>
Yeah, taking one of the woodworkers and making a supply store seems like a good move.
>>
File: Update_10.png (84 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_10.png
84 KB, 640x600
>>25919139
>>25919162
>>25919182
>>25919225

You move 3 of the woodcutters to building a bar, a supply store, and one to take over the farming so that the blacksmith/farmer can go learn to be a better blacksmith.

>Bar Complete: 3 days
>Supply Store: 3 days
>Blacksmith Training (Amateur -> Skilled): 1 Week)

>You spend 3WP, 4 Wood, and 2 Stone!

-SPRING, WEEK 1, DAY 4-

>The miners return, you gain 4 stone, 1 metal.
>The woodcutter returns, you gain 1 wood.
>The group of five travelers return with bumps and bruises, but alive. They seem to be leaving soon.
>A lone adventurer stays at the end. He seems friendly.

>Bar Complete: 2 Days
>Supply Store: 2 Days
>Blacksmith Training (Amateur -> Skilled): 6 days

-Total Resources-

WP: 2
Wood: 5
Stone: 7
Metal: 6

-Assignments-

2 Farming,
1 Woodcutter,
5 Mining,
2 Inn,
1 Guard Duty
1 Building Bar
1 Building Supply Store
1 Training (Out of town.)

What do you do?
>>
>>25919356
Talk to that friendly adventurer and ask what the dungeon was like. Ask why they're staying behind.
>>
>>25919356
time skip 2 days
>>
>>25919379
This
>>
File: Update_12.png (192 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_12.png
192 KB, 640x600
>>25919379
>>25919493
>>25919653

There isn't much to look forward for another two days, so you decide to go down to the Inn and speak with the adventurers there.

You find the friendly looking one leaning back on one of the beaten sofas with his legs up on the coffee table. he looks incredibly relaxed. You ask him what the dungeon was like.

"Haven't been there yet, buddy!" The adventurer says without the happy look leaving his face, "But I'm going to go scout it out, then maybe find some guys to go spelunking with me. There are tons of rumors going around about the treasure you can find in that place."

You ask what sort of rumors.

"Well, from what I understand the place was a tyrant king's fortress long ago. Wish I could say who but I'm not much of a history buff. Anyway he robbed and raided the surrounding kingdoms until his entire army was eventually stopped by an alliance between another now dead kingdom and the the current kingdom to the east. No one found where he head his massive amounts of treasure until these ruins were discovered and some of it was brought back. It's been deemed too dangerous for survey teams, so it's open season for us adventurers!" The happy looking traveler says.

You thank the traveler, and go to the group of five sitting around a table and loudly drinking. Four of them look happy, but one doesn't.

"I can't believe we got out of there... No more. I'm done adventurer, I can't believe I thought I could do this." A stallion says, rubbing his gauntleted hoof through his mane.

"Come on man, it was just one set back. So this is a bit too much for use now. We'll go find something easier and-" Another armored stallion says, putting his hoof on the others shoulder.

"No! No more, damnit!" He says, knocking the hoof away.

"Knock it off you too! You are killing the mood!" The robed one among them says, slopping some of his booze.

What do you do?
>>
>>25919803
Find out what happened in the fortress and see if this guy is whining or has a good reason for wanting to quit.
Ask the stallion why he became an adventurer in the first place.
Ask what he'll do if he doesn't want to adventure.
Wanna become a citizen of this town if you don't have a home to go back to?
>>
>>25919803
oh fuck a wizard
Don't mess with him
>>
>>25919876
Lets seduce him. He's probably got mad magic power we can use.
>>
File: Update_13.png (98 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_13.png
98 KB, 640x600
>>25919864
>>25919876
>>25919912

(last for the night.)

You ask what happened at the fortress.

The pony puts his head in his hooves and says, "God... We all heard there were monsters in those ruins, but it doesn't really prepare you for just how many there are. We never got more than a moments rest, and they are dead clever as well. Many times they set traps and ambushes for us..."

You ask what sort of monsters are down there.

"All kinds." He continues, "Kobolds, Goblins, slimes, giant spiders, giant bats... And that's just the ones we saw... I can't even imagine what might be deeper in that god forsaken place!"

You ask what he'll do if he doesn't want to adventure.

"Go home. Go home and be a farmer like Ma wanted me to be and be happy about it."

You ask him if he'd like to stay here.

"You couldn't pay me to stay near that ruin. I'm going as far east as I can and I'm never coming back.

You obviously aren't getting anywhere with this guy, so you turn to his mage looking friend and ask the same thing.

"Nah... I'm going to stick with my buddies here. I think we are going to head south. I heard the swamp around there also has some sort of lost treasure. Can't be any worse than this place!" The robed pony says, knocking his cup against his friends in a fake cheer.

What do you do?
>>
>>25920187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizCMO-mI1Q
>>
>>25920187
Tell them to enjoy their time while they're here and let's go.
>>
>>25920187

If only there was a cute mare among them for us to comfort with our dick
>>
>>25920833
gotta up that population yo
>>
Bump
Lets wait one more day
>>
Bump
>>25921172
>>25920833
this
>>
Let's hope the bar and supply store can attract more ponies.
>>
>>25922725
they won't attract more ponies, but they will make us able to provide services to adventurers'n'shit=>gain money or WP=>use supply store to store shit while we gain some nice WP=>build the perfect town
>>
>>25920187
Tell the raid party to enjoy themselves and inform them about future town upgrades,
in case they might be interested in returning.
>>
>>25922734
Perhaps we can ask them that should they come across devastated farms or villages, some traveling merchants or anypony that has a desire to start a new life, they can direct them to us.

Also, if they "Happen" do dispose of some evil cultist leader and now have to deal with a whole lot of aimless and harmless cult members, they can direct them to us to be reintroduced to society.
>>
>>25924896
yeah but the problem is that they are probably going to forget if we don't make sure that they say it
and why would they ?
but eh, it's worth to try
>>
>>25924936
Throw in free boarding in the inn if they direct a few here? Or maybe just promise to give them a free drink for every pony that goes to the inn and says "A-A-Adventurers sent m-me here...."

Lets just package it as a side-quest to them, and they will probably make it a point to contact every single npc they meet.
>>
>>25924959
Yeah, offer them free shit like free weapon and stuff if they bring like 5 people into the city saying "sddlsq sent me here !" even if they're not here to stay
That'd be a really interesting side quest for them and yeah, that's what they would do.
nice idea, Anon
>>
Bump, probably last bump
>>
You know what we should do? Put up a monument or something and sell t-shirts
>>
File: Update_14.png (86 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_14.png
86 KB, 640x600
>>25919493
>>25920606
>>25922725
>>25922734
>>25924172
>>25924896
>>25924936
>>25924959
>>25925000

You wish them a fond farewell, and say that you at least hope the time spent at the inn was worth it, and to tell others if they have the chance.

Not counting the sad pony, most of the others either give a nod or a smirk of conformation.

You wait for two days...

-SPRING, WEEK 1, DAY 6

>The miners return with 4 stone, 6 metal
>The woodcutter returns with 2 wood
>The lone adventurer left for the dungeon, but has not returned.
>A few groups of ponies stop by the inn before heading to the dungeon.
>There was a drunken dispute at the bar, but it was put down by Rough Edge before anything serious happened.

>Bar has been completed! The citizen who was building it is now acting as barkeep.
>Supply store has been completed! The citizen who was building it is now acting as the salesperson.
>Blacksmith Training (Amateur -> Skilled): 4 days

-Total Resources-

WP: 2
Wood: 7
Stone: 11
Metal: 12

-Assignments-

2 Farming,
1 Woodcutter,
5 Mining,
2 Inn,
1 Guard Duty
1 Barkeep
1 Salesperson (Supply Store)

What do you do?
>>
>>25926984
Put 3 of the miners to wood cutting. We need more wealth points before we can buy that upgrade blacksmith.
I think we can skip two days.
>>
>>25926984
WHEN YOU COME TO IT AND YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH IT AND YOU CAN'T KNOCK IT DOWN
YOU KNOW THAT YOU'VE FOUND
>>
File: Update_15.png (85 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
Update_15.png
85 KB, 640x600
>>25927034
>>25927103

You move 3 miners to woodcutting.

You attempt to skip two more days, but you are interrupted after one day.

-SPRING, WEEK 1, DAY 7

>The miners return with 2 stone.
>The woodcutter returns with 4 wood.
>A few tourists are staying at the inn.
>The tourists visited the bar and had a nice time.
>Some adventurers visited the supply store, but didn't buy anything.

>Blacksmith Training (Amateur -> Skilled): 3 days

Flounce walks up to while you are doing some paperwork at your makeshift desk at the inn. Sitting on the corner she turns to you and says, "End of the week! I have the taxes from all the establishments here, which for the moment is just mine. The bar and the supply store haven't been running quite long enough to get any WP out of them."

>You gain 1WP!

"Also, you probably don't know this but the town gets a lot more adventurers during the summer. I know you weren't keen on bringing more people into the town at the moment, but it'd be nice to have some before the last week of spring if possible."

-Total Resources-

WP: 3
Wood: 11
Stone: 13
Metal: 12

-Assignments-

2 Farming,
4 Woodcutter,
2 Mining,
2 Inn,
1 Guard Duty
1 Barkeep
1 Salesperson (Supply Store)

What do you do?
>>
>>25927409
THE WALL
>>
>>25927409
That should be the next thing we'll work on after building a wall.

Let's upgrade that blacksmith. take out the two ponies mining to do it.
>>
Hmm... Maybe I should just stick with Coltquest... This isn't quite going how i thought it would.
>>
If you're wondering "where are the lewds" I thought those would happen when the town was more prosperous and we could hit on attractive adventurers that came by.
>>
>>25927559

City/country builders always sound neat in theory but in practice I find they tend to lack compelling characters or story or anything to hold players' attention really
>>
>>25927744
I mean, look at JAD. We're trying to build a single inn and have gotten distracted by every single thing that exists.

Also I'm not sure if this is the real the QM or not.
>>
>>25927744

Hmm... Yeah, maybe I'll just pack it up and head back to Coltquest. It was fun experience though.
>>
>>25927793

JAD?
>>
>>25927559
Kbye
>>
>>25927810
Just another day. Its a quest about an Innkeeper opening up an inn in a city of adventure. Tons of fun, some of the best characters in CYOA, in my opinion, and really high quality writing.
>>
>>25927796
Maybe wait a little longer before you decide to stop. So far I think this has been pretty neat.
>>
>>25927409
We need to increase our workforce.
>>
>>25927559
aww
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.