[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Satyr Abomination Thread #144:Loudly Shitposting Satyrs Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 108
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
PREVIOUSLY ON THE CRIMES AGAINST NATURE PROGRAM
>>25738819

>What is this thread about?
Half human and half pony/other Equestrian species offspring.
>What are the rules?
There are no thread specific rules, do what you want.
>What is the continuity (world/characters/attributes)?
Whatever you want it to be. Everything is a variable, there are no absolutes. Characters, names, genders, personalities, relationships, backgrounds, writing style, genre. If you want to know the common headcanons of certain characters, read some stories or ask the thread.

Searchable Archive:
http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/search/?tags=satyr
Story by Parent:
http://pastebin.com/qFf46ep5
Author List:
http://pastebin.com/RFgtrECq
Satyrs by Parent:
http://pastebin.com/uBqbm6eq
Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d94jlx7pgl5gg34/AABM4w-okI70GyrbCsVNee9Ga?dl=0

Need some proofing done? Or want to throw ideas around?
Add one of the Skypes below!
[NEEDS UPDATING]
>>
First
>>
First for please stop being even more faggoty than we usually are
>>
File: Starburst 6.png (333 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
Starburst 6.png
333 KB, 700x900
Witness my selfie!
>>
>>25818423
That's good, Ding. We're proud of you.

>>25818433
Witnessed and checked. Is your brother home?
>>
>>25818441
>ding
>compared to the baby of the family
This hurts. Maybe first is worst.
>>
>>25818441
Yeah, he's got himself in the shower again
I keep telling him, he's gonna get caught with that monster of a toy
>>
This is you right now
>>
>>25818441
How are you even typing right now?

>>25818458
Aw, Misty, first just means you're #1

>>25818468
Ha, gaaay!
>>
How did your young satyr kid react when they met Santa for the first time?
>>
>>25818497
Text-to-speech configurations are a thing
>>25818523
Not well
>>
>>25817179
very nice. If I might continue this trend a little...

Simmer and Broil:
>Gorgon (A hideous snake-woman whose cursed gazed turns people to stone. Is actually depressed, lonely, and victim of asshole divinity.)

>The Gaians (A cabal of shamans and nature spirits from the Everfree who seek to destroy industrial civilization. They have legiy grievances about the disregard for nature's well-being though do take it more than a bit too far)

>Echidna (The mother of all monsters who loves her children dearly and wants revenge for Fizzle's family thoughtlessly murdering her children as a passtime)

>Kimmy and Mera (Wrong place, wrong time, now Simmer and Broil are hunting her because she's a monster therefore die.)

The theme here is: being a 'badass monster hunter' is pointless since what they need to do is sit down and talk with their enemies than keep trying to kill them. Friendship is still magic.
>>
Has there been any photos of Utah posted lately? M.maybe in swim trunks?
>>
>>25818978
>M.maybe in swim trunks?
Nope.
>>
>>25818978
I've seen your nudes
disgusting desu senpai
>>
>>25819539
>desu senpai
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>25818759
I don't think most monsters have the intelligence or sentience to be reasoned with, besides that one manticore and cockatrice that Flutterbutter turned with her animal empathy. Don't we see the Mane Six fend of monsters all the time? And I don't think they would get on Kimmy's bad side since they'd know she was intelligent right away.

But I do like the implications of the twins fighting troubled monsters and questioning whether or not something is truly evil. Maybe the townsfolk's report of a ferocious pony-eater among the hill was overembelished by disdainful rumors of the creature. Maybe the cabal of sorcerors have a point with humanity's more lax approach of stewardship than ponies (though most of them seem to be excellent caretakers and cultivators of the land, so I don't really see a case here). You and I have the same idea using the Mother of Monsters as an archnemisis (mine was Lamashtu). Though I might say that calling their hunting "thoughtless" would be the result of her skewed perspective on the cost of life, she might tempt them with thoughts or visions of what might happen if their bloodlust was left unchecked and question the price of restoring order (yet she would see it as a commendable thing at the very least; even hell has an order). All in all, I like this take on the monster hunting thing. If you're interested I could spout my take on how their enemies would look like.
>>
>>25819550

>he doesn't know about the word filter
>>
>>25819696
Shut up, you piece of krap! I'll have you know I have 300 confirmed shitposts, and I won't stop because of some word filter senpai!
>>
>>25819660
Sure, you can share your ideas, the thread needs content anyway.
>>
>>25819762
W-well we can talk more about my girlfriend. She deserves it, r-right?
>>
>>25819826
How do you stutter with text? I mean really.
>>
Yeah. I'll come back in a few days when you nerds have worked this out of your system.
>>
>>25820111
Nerds? Where?
All nerds should come and hang with me and Pebble.
>>
>>25818556
Did it get better?
>>
Warning, vague Force Awakens spoilers.

>Be Hope
>Come out of Force Awakens with your mom and dad (and several other families)
>Would by hype as fuck except...
>"Aghbluhmanblgu!" Your grown, adult, male father cries in an incoherent babble your mother miraculously understands
>"Honey, it wasn't that bad, they did make some polite nods to the old EU..."
>"FHGUDPSBLAAAAAAAAAA! ABLOO ABLOO!" He screams between sobs
>This is getting embarrassing...
>Oh, great, more human parents are coming up to your father, speaking in the language of sob. "Aghnabagabuuuuuuh!", "Blhehmememenaaah!", and "Egbawa chewie peecha twakka no thranta boonowa, solo!" were all cried out in despair
>You're tired of this shit...
"Can anyone just enjoy something for what it is?"
>Suddenly, everyone is glaring at you
>Including Alex who had been holding Muddle in a Not!Force Choke and beating him with her lightsaber toy
>Including Emma, dressed in a surprisingly good Hutt costume
>"NO!"
"Well, can't blame me for asking."
>You shrug off the nerd rage and decide to get in a quick barb to spite the entire fandom:
"NEEDED MORE DARTH REVAN!"
>You scream and quickly teleport away
>>
Sorry I haven't done much on the rom hack in a while, just have a lot of other stuff going on, but the rom hack is definitely still a thing
>>
File: 1439912624315.png (219 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1439912624315.png
219 KB, 600x709
>>
God damn these threads are dead right now. Alright, more rogues galleries.

Thistle:
>Katie (Human transfer student. Typical stuck up, rich bitch. Thankfully held back because wealth doesn't actually help her popularity too much when she has the personality of shit.)

>Fairest (bisexual satyr prettyboy who keeps stealing the attention of every guy (or girl) Thistle has interest in. Prone to his shirt inexplicably coming off. Often in trouble with teachers because of it, inexplicable access to unlimited, thornless roses)

>Dinkleberry (An earthpony who seemingly doesn't know Thistle exists and means her no harm, but a lot of his successes and avoided failures tend to come at Thistle's expense or push her down into second place. Considered Thistle's greatest enemy.)

>Tonbo (Playful rival frienemy. Often end up teaming up to tackle tough battles like a twenty page book report on Canterbury Tales.)
>>
>>25820128
Not that I would, but where are the nerds hanging out?
>>
File: 1450068197163.png (283 KB, 1437x846) Image search: [Google]
1450068197163.png
283 KB, 1437x846
>>
Can we stop with the useless namefagging now?
>>
>>25826457
No
>>
>>25826529
Because it's retarded to roleplay as satyrs.
>>
>>25822158
Good to hear.
>>
>>25826457
>>25826560
Let the baby have their bottle. And if you really are that butthurt about it, maybe create something to fill in that echoing void in the thread, perhaps?
>>
>>25826670
Yeah
>>
>>25818523
Who would dress up as Santa?
You? Another human? Or a pony since we're in Equestria?
>>
>>25827374
Pony Santa isn't real!
>>
>>25827536
You made satyr cry.
>>
>>25825778
Does she like belly rubs, or is it sort of a touchy subject for her? Is it like, she'll let you do it and she'll enjoy it, but it's really awkward for her and she'll look away and refuse to make eye contact whilst you're doing it.
>>
Post cutest satyr.
>>
>>25828763
Laika doesnt really enjoy belly rubs since diamond dogs dont belly rub one another and her mother prefers to hug.

She does however enjoy being petted and having her head rubbed. Belly rubs arent even for sexual she just doesnt personally enjoy them. What does get her sexually aroused is when she gets love bites or kisses on her chest and neck area.
>>
File: Popper.png (1 MB, 1024x1412) Image search: [Google]
Popper.png
1 MB, 1024x1412
>>
>>25813368

>that one Sombra satyr dude

I mentioned a while back about wanting Sombra to have a son in addition to the other two, but I didn't really think anyone paid attention to that.

Though I had him, in my mind, more of a benevolent yet iron fisted dictator instead of a true villain. Think along the more positive interpretations of Doom.

But I was also doing my own version of the Umbrum (an offshoot of the Unicorns who became twisted after several generations of exposure to dark magic), and I still have a lot to do in terms development with them as a race (food sources, naming conventions, a bit more on history, etc).

I even decided to borrow some stuff from Tolkein in their development. Even the Satyr in question is named after a song from an album based off the Silmarilleon, and I was planning on quoting a few lines from the song in one story. But all of that is further down the road from where I am now.
>>
>>25830295
I just thought he meant this guy here. The stuff with the Umbrum is cool, but anything with them and that comic leaves a shitty taste in my mouth.
>>25823941
This is cute, I like the more social villains that satyrs have.
>>
>>25830458
Who is that asshole? Who is his parents? Is he Sombra's kid?
>>
>>25830477
It's sort of obvious, isn't it? I just remembered seeing it in the dropbox some time ago, but no one talks about it.
>>
>>25830458

I forgot that picture even existed. He never was given a name, right?

The one I had in mind was Nightfall. He would be the youngest of the three.
>>
>>25830531
I think Scuro would be a better name as I imagine Sombra would want his only son to be named after his Spanish themed heritage.

And is he a straight up edgy bastard like his old man was? Or is he a misunderstood guy who happens to be mean like his old man?

I personally like the idea of ponies shunning or thinking he's evil but he's not. More anti hero imo
>>
>>25830899
Scuro should be in a wheelchair.

His father disowned him, because Scuro HATES staircases.
>>
>>25830899

I liked the name Nightfall, as I said, because it's a reference to a song based from Tolkien's works. Its also the second best song from the particular album it's from. Here's the sing incase anyone is particularly interested in it.

http://youtu.be/hCk-4o2zPs4

Also the lead singer is where the son of Adagio got his name from.

They said they wanted Sombra to be like Sauron, so I figured something from the vein of Tolkien would be pretty cool. But then I realized a direct rip would make no sense if there wasn't a human involved (and in my case, there isn't), so I decided to go for something less direct. Then as I was thinking, it hit me: Nightfall. It fit the darkness theme without sounding overtly edgy or evil, and it kinda grew from there.

He's driven, willing to do just about anything to make sure his vision comes to fruition including kinslaying. What he wants is to make peace with the surface, as the Umbrum are in a state of decline after being underground for so long. They can only upkeep their city, as they lost the ability to create wonders like they used to have. Even then it's slowly eroding, and within a few generations they will suffer from a collapse, and fade without the surface even knowing about it.

Then there are Nightfall's kin. His father who is slowly regaining strength in the caverns beneath the Crystal Palace. Salai, who would continue her father's mad schemes. And Annie, who only cares about the here and now at the cost of the future.

So it's between keeping the status quo, or a faster spiral towards oblivion. And Nightfall believes that the only way to save his race is with ending the hostilities between the Umbrum and the Crystal Ponies.

Their history still has some holes in it, but I have Nightfall as a character somewhat down. Proud, solemn, and a little bit hammy He at one point says "I am Nightfall, I do as I please!
>>
>>25831134
Mmm. Eh.
>>
>>25832244

What's that supposed to mean?
>>
File: Caim_in_bird_form-1.jpg (41 KB, 330x363) Image search: [Google]
Caim_in_bird_form-1.jpg
41 KB, 330x363
>>25819762
Alright, so after many revisions, here's my take on Simmer and Broil's enemies:

>Caim: A large black thrush that carries a sabre. Imprisoned in Taurtarus for his blood and black magic, he escaped to the surface and is currently subjecting both beasts and birds to his dark experiments, twisting their forms into something abberant and monsterous, filled with unholy rage. Adept with sword and sorcery, the twins have tried tracking him down in order to drag him back to Taurtarus, but with a bounty of his experiments in their way and his spellcasting proficiency, it's going to take a lot to bring him in.

>Ichneumon: This hybrid is a mix of a wolf and a mongoose, and is covered head toe in long sharp quills. This extraordinary agile creature hunts down small and adolescent dragons with its quick speed, knife-like claws, and bone crushing jaws, but it's main weapon is the ability to generate electricity all over its body. In doing so, Ichneumon can either shoot out his charged quills and paralyze his target, or channel it into a blast of lightning from its mouth. They're frightened by how ironclad its defenses are and have to rely more on their training and ingenuity as monster hunters rather than their natural enhancements to survive it's onslaughts.

>Mara: Once a proud shieldmaiden in Celestia's army, she was cursed to live as a dullahan and now seeks vengence on the ones who hexed her. She wields the power of necromancy and raises all manners of ghouls, ghosts, and demons to serve in her army. Though sympathetic to her plight, both drakes are often at ends with Mara, as her methods cause havoc to the unlucky settlements in her path. While they can fell the demons and skeletons, their more ethereal enemies need to be dispelled by either Asha or Dawn.

(1/2)
>>
>>25832295
>Skrik: While most dragons are isolationists and are apathetic to the state of other races, a small number of them feel that their apparent superiority is grounds for total global takeover. Skrik, a budding adult dragon, wants to lead a handful of his like-minded fanatics to break into Taurtarus and free Nidhogg the Imprisoned, a primordial dragon that sought the destruction of the world. But with his dwindling numbers, they've shifted focus on taking over territories of land, and require more than a couple of monster hunters to bring them down. The twins, along with their mother and two other experienced hunters, helped bring one of his followers down once after the razing of a village. Skrik absolutely loathes drakes and view them as tainted monstrocities birthed by kin betrayers.

>Lamashtu: The Mother of Monsters, the prime evil herself, she is the source of all monsters, large and small, and public enemy number one of the monster hunters. Rather than raise up scores of monsters to overwhelm the countryside, she plays the long game and prefers to wait out the eventual downfall of modern society. She creates these monsters by the force of corruption and perversion, taking a creature's original form and molding it into whatever she likes. Whatever Caim could accomplish with a lifetime of study, she can do better in just a single week. Though sources vary wildly on her appearence, the consensus described her as a torturing sadist and a masterful seductress. She despises the organization that hunts down her children, but takes delight whenever one wanders into her presence. Most hunters who believed they found her lair are never heard from again, presumed to be either dead, tortured, or turned into a monster themselves. The few that escape (or maybe dumped by Lamashtu) either have their minds or their bodies too broken to talk coherently.

(2/3)
>>
>>25832384
She's never met a satyr before, but she thinks they're a rather adorable specimen, and would be conflicted between keeping them as toys to torture, or slowly start corrupting them into monsters.
(3/3)
>>
File: 1405638954676.jpg (207 KB, 432x1191) Image search: [Google]
1405638954676.jpg
207 KB, 432x1191
>>25830458
Thanks, I figured Thistle isn't some badass action heroine, so she gets more sitcom-like enemies.

>>25830959
>Wheelchair
Tumb-
>Because he hates staircases

Okay, I can get behind this.

>>25832295
>>25832384
>>25832424
Not bad, I like the use of mythology in each of them ranging from Native American, Celtic, Ars Goetia, etc.

The idea of Lamashtu creating some corrupted satyrs too could be an interesting plot concept.

For me though, the big bag of the my satyr-verse setting remained Grogar The Necromancer. (Who I've come to admittedly characterize as like Corypheus in DA:I)
>>
>>25832271
Not him, but I think he means that the backstory and this take on the character is rather lack luster. Even when I was reading it I was basically forcing myself to finish it as it seemed rather uninteresting. I like the idea of him trying to restore relations with the Umbrum and crystal ponies but everything else fell kind of flat. Also, I really dislike him being named Nightfall as that just doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Twilight or sunset. So it adds another level of indifference. Just like Tolkien, I find the written works to be boring and hard to get into and that seems to carry over to this interpretation of Sombras kid known as Nightfall. I do like the idea of him being the youngest tho, seems kind of cute that he's bigger than his older sisters.
>>
>>25832697

It's a work in progress. I'm still toying with a lot of ideas that I need to flesh out. Still quite far down the road with stuff I'm working on now I sat down for an hour yesterday to write and only got through part of my story, and I haven't even proof read what I've got, so you're probably not going to hear about him for a while unless you would like to discuss how to improve him and the ideas and stuff behind him. Plus you can only get so much through with two thousand characters.

>I really dislike him being named Nightfall as that just doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Twilight or sunset

I like it personally, but that's just my opinion. I don't particularly care for Salai or Annie's names, as I never understood where they came from.

>I do like the idea of him being the youngest tho, seems kind of cute that he's bigger than his older sisters.

I had that same idea myself but I don't believe I ever said that here. Sombra was shown to be huge, and while I always considered Unicorn (and Umbrum indirectly) Satyrs to be petite and elf like in build, Nightfall would be one of the exceptions.
>>
>>25832543
Thanks, and I like your take on Grogar as the BBEG in your setting. I tried to based most of their villains using natural predators of the snake (birds, mongeese, other snakes) and highlight their physical weaknesses. But what often hurts them the most is emotional and psychological attacks on their psyche. You can't really swing a sword at insults or your own negative thoughts.
>>
>>25833124

>But what often hurts them the most is emotional and psychological attacks on their psyche.

So you bant them to death?

>You can't really swing a sword at insults or your own negative thoughts.

Says you.
>>
>>25833164
Yes. Slowly, over the course of the year. The ideal villain would be rejection, ostracization from friends, an ousting of a terrible secret, crippling their self-esteem, and prolonged seperation from each other.
>>
>>25833369

That sounds like my own life
>>
File: 1425025496426.jpg (315 KB, 700x1244) Image search: [Google]
1425025496426.jpg
315 KB, 700x1244
>>25829702
She could pop my cherry any time she likes. I don't have any Cherry Jubilee, so have an unf-tastic Flutterbutter.
>>
What is [Satyr A] getting [Satyr B] for Christmas?
>>
>>25834478
He got her a nice dress. Both keep their feelings hidden when they're in public, but on Christmas day, he decided to kiss her under the mistletoe.
>>
>>25835188
Sounds like Green material for me.
>>
>>25835188
Let me guess, Simmer and Broil?
>>
>>25835486
No. Utah and Petunia
>>
>>25833860
>"Ohhh, baby, you're all dirty. Come, let's take a bath together."
"Mom! I'm fifteen! I don't take baths! I'm a big boy!"
>"Yes, you're momma's big boy."
"Damn straight..."
>"Now come take a shower with me."
"I don't wanna."
>>
>>25835188
Pogo and Alex?
>>
>>25835625
AWWWW. Dorable.
>>
>>25835486
>>25835625
>>25835697

Come on guys, we all know it's really Milk and Salty Coins
>>
>>25835486
Or Presto & Melody. Or Jay & Thorn. Or Cider & Garret. Or Simmer & Blare
>>
>>25835880
>Simmer and Blare
PFFFTAAAAHAHAHA! Aaaahahahaaaa, O-Oh god. That's fucking hilarious man.
>>
>>25834478
Utah
>Gets gun stuff from his human father
>Special bullets from aunt Applebloom
>Law enforcement stuff from his mom (including a spare gun)
>Gets gift basket of Sweet Apple Acres food and drinks from the family (there's gun stuff at the bottom)
>And absolutely HIDEOUS and itchy sweater (and a new holster (it's just as hideous and itchy))
>Darcy gets him gun accessories
>Cider buys him a high quality cleaning kit
>Lil'Mac found for him a a rare knuckle/knife/gun combo weapon
>Scarlet got made a crappy little keychain that's extremely country arts and craftsy
>Everyone else got him MORE gun stuff including new rifles
(except Hope)
>Utah throws everything gun related into the trash and sighs as his Christmas wishlist for some DnD books have gone ignored for the third year in a row

Side note:
>Hope is a shitty gift giver
>She just buys everyone gift cards and magazine subscriptions
>Also tends to get things wrong and give the wrong ones to the wrong people, including but limited too...
>A gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond given to Icarus
>A subscription to Popular Mechanics for Garret
>Snapshot gets a gift card to a Christian Bookstore
>Eventide received a subscription to "Gayboy" Gay pron magazine
>Utah got a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens (he actually loved this and now has a nice flower bed in front of his house. And it's not gun stuff.)
>A gift card to William Sonoma for Muddle (And only 25 bucks)
>Martha Stewart Living subscription to Stormwalker
>Guns and Bullets sub went to Rory (He's now making his own magiguns. God help us all.)
>>
>>25835625
I like this. This works.
>>
>>25836087

>Guns and Bullets sub went to Rory (He's now making his own magiguns. God help us all.)

>Rory becomes the Farnsworth of the Satyrs

I like this more than I should.
>>
>>25836121
welp...
>"Good news, everyone!"
>These were the only words Rory needed to say these days (namely since he made the MIRV Fatman from Fallout real) to clear out the living room of family
>"OH, GOD, RUN! HE'S MADE ANOTHER DOOMSDAY DEVICE!" Glimmer screamed and teleported out.
>Rory's father jumped onto his pony wife's back and they flew out through the window
>Thistle and her mother shoved a bunch of random garbage into Spike's face to turn him into a greed monster strong enough to punch out a wall for all of them to escape
>When the dust settled, Rory waves his hands to repair the damage, flopped onto the couch and finished his sentence: "You're all going to leave me alone in the living room for a few hours while I watch the playboy channel." He said grabbing a box of tissues and lube.
>>
>>25836087
>Petunia sneaks into his room.
>One last gift.
>The latest DnD starter kit and an expansion.
>Utah tears up.
>He didn't get her anything.
>She doesn't mind.
>She just wanted to see him happy.
>>
>>25836194

There's always the dick
>>
File: eyeliner.png (203 KB, 922x489) Image search: [Google]
eyeliner.png
203 KB, 922x489
>>25836081
I like this co-dependent ship, I still think they look good together. Though I admit, I have a fondness of turbulent relationships in general, such as Simmer and Broil., and Utah & Petunia, and even Muddle & Misty.
>>
File: 21882531.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
21882531.png
164 KB, 500x500
>>25836306
Wait, I meant Muddle and Melody that last one.
>>
>>25836374

I liked Presto and Melody because of the bittersweet aspect of it despite going to every show she physically can, she never has seen his act, but that's me.
>>
>>25836485
Yeah, that does sound upsetting. Makes me wonder if Presto is going to make a more tactile-visual magic show just for Melody.
>>
>>25836594
Magic that allows one to interpret vision into thought?
>>
>>25836635
Oh thought into sound and vibration.
>>
>>25836680
She's not a bat.
>>
MT's streaming
>>
>>25834478
>Alex gets Pogo some tickets so they could see the Pone-Pone Palooza, greatest circus in Equestria
>Pogo gets Alex tickets so they could watch Nock Gun Nathan vs. Raptor Joe fight in the Hexagon
>Both of the tickets are on the same weekend
>>
File: 20766194.png (42 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
20766194.png
42 KB, 700x700
What do you think [Satyr A] does when their [Depressive Satyr B] gets the blues? Are their any tried and true methods of getting them to smile?
>>
>>25837591
Hugs, cuddles, just silently enjoying each other's closeness.
>>
File: 21015622.png (1 MB, 2000x988) Image search: [Google]
21015622.png
1 MB, 2000x988
I've got a strange idea, but is anyone else interested in making playlists about satyrs? It could have songs that you think would fit a certain theme, pairing, feeling, piece of art, story, ir whatever. Just make a title, give a short description of what it's about and choose the way your gonna post the songs (though I think youtube mighy be the easiest). I don't know about the maximum limit, but I'm thinking eight to ten. What do you think?
>>
File: 1438202742517.jpg (142 KB, 745x1024) Image search: [Google]
1438202742517.jpg
142 KB, 745x1024
>>25837908
Hope (in line with my tendency to paint her as a cool big sis, yet minorly melancholy type...)
>Carry on my wayward son, Kansas
>Long time, Boston
>Some Nights, Fun
>A Lifetime of Adventure, Tuomas Holopainen
>Hvis, Dina
>Pretty much all Yuki Kajiura's stuff

Which, now makes me want to see Hope cosplaying as Kite from the .hack// games.
>Topless, bodypainted Alex for Orca, is this a good idea?
>yes/yes
>>
File: 21888325.jpg (1 MB, 1811x1028) Image search: [Google]
21888325.jpg
1 MB, 1811x1028
Here's some general mellow folksy stuff for Cider and the other Apple satyrs.

Lion's Mane--Iron & Wine: https://youtu.be/zta1y_vHZBg

Beach Baby - Bon Iver: https://youtu.be/IKbicxHtxWg

From The Morning - Nick Drake: https://youtu.be/Q2JjJPDz3EE

Isles - Fleet Foxes: https://youtu.be/WDhAlcuePTE

Fake Arms - Foreign Fields: https://youtu.be/R5mp4hPiN20

re: Stacks - Bon Iver: https://youtu.be/GhDnyPsQsB0
>>
>>25830531
>He never was given a name, right?
His name is not important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg
>>
>>
File: Satyr - Chimera 6.png (132 KB, 906x1024) Image search: [Google]
Satyr - Chimera 6.png
132 KB, 906x1024
>>
Why is the thread so dead lately?
>>
>>25840519

Lack of content.

We have a few Drawfags and most of the writefags have left.
>>
>>25840554
Is this it then? The fated last hoorah?
>>
>>25840519
I'm guessing it's because Christmas is close.
>>
>>25840590

So long as people are willing to circle jerk over prompts and discuss Satyrs we should be fine, if kinda barren.

Our problems are we're incredibly niche, and we had a time where people left due to arguing and shitposting. First can't really be helped much but the latter can.

Plus if people just write or draw something it's better than nothing.

>So why aren't you doing anything?

I am, I bit off more than I thought I could handle. So it's taking longer than I thought it would.
>>
>>25840622

I forgot about that. I even said the same in another thread.
>>
>>25840590
That's what was said four threads ago. No, we may slow, but so long as people want satyrs, we'll be around.
>>
File: Hope - Dog.png (216 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hope - Dog.png
216 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>Be BibleBelt Anon
>Be sweating bullets because after a lot of coercion and and strongarming, your pony waifu Applejack finally convinced you to take the family through the portal and meet your old family
>Your mom is going to break down crying and call you a freak after all these years and you turn up with a horse wife
>Your father is gonna done his KKK Grand Wizard hood and lynch your poor satyr kids with "Billy Jim Bob"
>If it comes to that, your kids are strong, Utah's quicker on the draw than you
>And just in case you smuggled your 'Hill Billy Dueling Pistol' in your favorite pair of jeans
>"Ma?" Cider spoke up, her own voice trembling. "Will Granma and Granpa really not like us?"
>"Well, shoot, sugarcube, where'd ya'll get that idea?" Applejack dismisses.
>Utah rolled his eyes, unappreciating of the assumed naivety. "We've only overheard the two of you arguing about this every night for last..."
>"Three years." Scarlet scoffed. "I ain't worried either way. If they hate us then we can go to some place more exciting like Georgia or New Orleans."
>"Why don't we all go there right now?" You turn to your family with a big, nervous smile. "Who wants crawdads, fresh from the gulf?"
>Bucky and Scarlet's eyes light up but Utah and AJ give you a hard look.
>"We can do that AFTER we meet my in-laws, 'Non." Applejack says firmly. "Look, your folks even got onna them RVs, we can make it a big family trip."
(1/2)
>>
>>25841663
>"If they approve." You point out. "My dad's kicked people in the balls on the street and nearly killed ANOTHER HUMAN just because they had different skin color. They weren't even black, just slightly tanned and from California."
>"Can' blame 'em there." Utah joked.
>"'Non, have ya'll ever considered for one second maybe your parents genuinely loved you and have missed you after vanishing for twenty five damn years? Ponies AND people change."
>"Look, I hate to discourage this family more than even you, AJ, but my parents are not open minded like other people. They've hosted Stormfront meetings, KKK meetings, and voted for Donald Trump."
>"But he's not even a candidate yet." Scarlet blinked.
>"They used the 'vote for other' space on the ballot." You explain. "It's not too late, we can all just turn around and-"
>DING-DONG-DING-DONG! DONG-DONG-DONG-DING-DONG!
>You turn and see Bucky's already gone up and rang the doorbell
>Your blood runs cold
>Your memories have just been sold
>Your angels are about to be ripped open like a centerfold!
>The door slowly opens
>You can see even Applejack's tense now as two doughy, elderly people step out
>They've... Aged really badly
>You're fighting your instincts you ask them if they're okay
>They look at you
>Their eyes light up
>"Anon? Anon, is that you?" Your mom asks while your father steps forward
>You nod slowly.
>"HON, OUR SON'S HOME!" Your father pulls you into a hug far more affectionate than anything you recall in childhood.
>"And who are these? Are these my grandbabies?" Your mother asks, scooping up Bucky into a hug
>Applejack smirks at you and steps forward. "Yep, and I'm their mother, name's Applejack!"
>"Oh, you're one of those horse people! Oh, my goodness, aren't you just a dear? Come in, all of you! I need to make a bigger dinner! We never expected our son to come home, much less with a family!"
>Before going inside, you see applejack giving another 'told you so look'
(2/2)
>>
>>25841674
I am extremely unfamiliar with Bucky and Scarlet, but that story still made me smile. Love reading stories where satyrs meet their grandparents.
>>
>>25841984
Scarlet doesn't exist.
Bucky is... does he exist?
>>
Is there any art of a satyr meeting their grandparents? Like Twilight Velvet pinching Glimmer or Rory's cheeks with magic and commenting on how they've grown? Or Granny Smith telling stories to a young Cider?
Garret getting a hoof-knitted christmas sweater from his grandma and being forced to wear it while they're visiting.
>>
File: .png (269 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
.png
269 KB, 1000x1000
>>25842250
I think Bucky exists. I remember a story or two that had Cider, Bucky, and Utah in it.
>>
>>25842759
Man, that sounds cozy as hell
>>
>>25842759

>Garret getting a hoof-knitted christmas sweater from his grandma and being forced to wear it while they're visiting.

>Not a pink bunny onesie

One job.
>>
File: 20860556.png (251 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
20860556.png
251 KB, 500x750
Huh. I had a story about Rory and Glimmer hugging an underdressed Thistle while on their way to school because it was snowing out and she stays super warm, but my comp froze...
So instead, do satyrs like the cold or snow like other ponies? Have they ever been in a snowball fight? Who makes the best hot cocoa?
>>
>>25844355

>So instead, do satyrs like the cold or snow like other ponies?

Like people, some love it and some hate it.

Drakes usually don't like it that much. They can live in it but not if they don't have to.

Sphinxes fair a bit better than Pony Satyrs, but some still don't like it.

If we had Yak or Caribou Satyrs they'd love it.
>>
>>25844355
depends on the satyr.
>Utah
Hates snow. Hates heat. Hates cold. Hates sand. Hates clay. Hates porcelain. Hates leather. Hates velvet. Hates satin. Hates chocolate. Likes family togetherness.

>Cider
Loves the cold
It does not love her
Poor girl regularly ends up sick as a waifu every winter.

But she makes orgasmic hot chocolate.

>Scarlet
Loves winter fashions, loves the snow, not much one for snowballs without warning. But she gives as good as she gets.

>Bucky
The terror of snowball fights everywhere. Ever been hit by a snow tsunami? Kid will cause avalanches on even ground with a hard kick.

>Obligatory Hope
She adores the snow and winter, doubly so when she gets to spend it with others. Very prone and happy to curl up with about anyone in a friendly way. (Except Diamond Tiara's mom who can "jump up her own ass and die")

She also makes decent hot chocolate, but is better at making other warm, wintery snacks.
>>
File: 21311987.png (721 KB, 833x1280) Image search: [Google]
21311987.png
721 KB, 833x1280
>>25844355
Drakes fair well in the snow and cold, but usually have to eat more to maintain their warm temperature. Sphixes hate hate haaaate the cold and would rather stay cooped up in the house than go outside. Out of all the equine satyrs, pegasi fair the best since they're used to the nippy air of higher altitudes. They could live on a plateu and adjust really well. Darcy or Pogo probably make the best hot cocoa, and ambush snowball fights are a real threat, especially if they're caught between any of the twin factions of Fiddle-Faddle, Flora-Fauna, or Rocket-Ratchet. They take their snowball fights very seriously.
>>
File: 21825369.png (632 KB, 750x1200) Image search: [Google]
21825369.png
632 KB, 750x1200
Who would sing the most boner inducing version of Santa Baby?
>>
>>25845120

Ace.

I like to think she has one of the best singing voices of the Satyrs
>>
>>25845120
>>25845249
>all the satyrs have beautiful singing voices
>too bad they suffer from a terrible case of the giggles while singing
>Maybe if you get boners from hearing cute girls giggle nervously?
>>
>>25845249
fuck off with your fucking spitfire satyrs, faggot. you're the only one that gives a shit about them
>>
MSOB commissioned me for a drawing so let's warm up with a few drinks and requests.
The drinks have already been drunk and there's another pending, so let's do this
>>
>>25846322
What about something around this?
>>25835188
>>
>>25846344
The kiss? The dress?
>>
>>25846506
The dress
>>
Goddamn...I hate to admit it, but I drank too much too early, and now I'm fighting off sleepiness. I guess I'll sleep now and draw later. Sorry, guys. I''l try to have something up tomorrow.
'night, guys.
>>
>>25846631
Vintage DJ!
Sleep well.
>>
>>25846631
It's alright, g'nite
>>
>>25845837
I wanna hear gigglesongs
>>
Filly fiddling emergency bump
>>
>>25844599
Caribou?
>>
>>25848779
also known as moose.

>>25848143
>Filly fiddling
Well, great, now I'm wondering which femsatyrs would be most likely to end up engaging in straight shota.

My money says Hope be necessity as I tend to place her as ten to fifteen years old than the other satyrs.
>>
>>25848804
Ace, Ivy, and Tonbo are regularly called /ss/ers. Technically Celestia and Luna are too. Funny how all five of them have wings.
>>
>>25848875
Wings make mares crave young colts.

this is also funny since I actually imagined Twilight's human husband in my multi-satyr verse as being five years or more younger than her.
>>
Do each satyr's family have any special Christmas traditions?
>>
How do you think Broil would look with Simmer's haircut?
>>
>>25850021
Like Simmer with boobs, a prettier face, and wider hips.
>>
>>25850019
Twilight wants to take Rory and Glimmer to one country during Christmas to observe how they celebrate, but being the Princess it isn't wise to leave her kingdom, so she just gets them books on it instead. Anon tries his best to convince her to go through, but Celestia's word is law in her mind.
>>
>>25850044
I think they look about the same in the hips department, but it's hard to argue with those dubba dubs.
>>
>>25850067
Similar, but not the same. Broil IS a girl after all. Simmer is just more feminine than a normal guy looks.
>>
>>25848779

Had an idea about Caribou being cartoonish versions of Vikings a while back that I kinda wanted to do. Then I toyed with the idea of Satyrs and I came up with a set of twins that are pretty much Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan.

They even use wrestling moves when they fight.
>>
>>25850113
Wouldn't it be better to use the Buffalo as grapplers though?
>>
>>25850089
Like all satyts, they're both connectedby the power of butts. Not blood. Not comraderie. Glorious butts.
>>
>>25850248

I'm not really sure how I made the connection, just thought of something that would be fun.

We only have like one buffalo Satyr and even then she's kinda in limbo.
>>
File: 23337629.png (2 MB, 2720x3400) Image search: [Google]
23337629.png
2 MB, 2720x3400
>>25850624
We should probably write about her then. Maybe she travels to Appleloosa to get Anon's help with a chupacabra problem and Utah strings along and they form an uneasy friendship along the way?
>>
>>25850668
That kid has big ass feet for a 10 year old
>>
>>25850829
Big feet, big shoes
>>
>>25850668

Why must monster hunting be so prevalent? Can't Satyrs just enjoy a quiet life and not have to fight something big and nasty?
>>
File: 19689285.png (1 MB, 1460x1354) Image search: [Google]
19689285.png
1 MB, 1460x1354
>>25850926
Most do, there's only about eight or nine satyrs who are the action-adventurers in the thread and that's if you're generous (Hope, Utah, Hotshot, Ace, Asha, Simmer, Broil, Atlas, Aeon). Not everyone is jusr content with a normal life. Not to say that it's bad or anything. But if you're that troubled about it, maybe just have miss cutie patootie buffalo satyr visit the Apple farm to learn more about pony culture, or have her stay in Ponyville after her parents sent her there for a better education.
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea that Utah is a professional gunslinger who doesn't actually want to be one? It just seems so damn stupid.
>Aj and her husband has a second child
>"Oh boy! Time to raise him to be a pro gunslinger and give him nothing but guns and ammo everytime it's his birthday, even though he has never mentioned that he wanted any of it!"
>"Fuck Cider. This child needs to know how to hunt outlaws and gangsters in Equestria."
>>
>>25851121
I thought of it as he likes to be one, but it's not all he is. Like the posts here (>>25836087
>>25836194) imply, Utah's a multifaceted guy. He enjoys a nice game with friends wuite often, enjoys to listen to music, pigs out on occassion, ect. He's a really good gunslinger, but that's not all he is.
>>
>>25851033

The whole concept seems like a cheap way to make a character seem like a bad ass withou having to put much thought into it.

Though I'm not saying some Satyrs don't get a wanderlust, but there are more ways to go about that than "X goes out and kills monsters." No exploring different lands and seeing their inhabbitants, or going into long forgotten dungeons and caves to unearth their secrets, nothing. But it's my personal opinion those would require more effort to do than hunting monsters, and some people prefer to go for the low hanging fruit
>>
>>25851165
Those posts were exactly what I was thinking about when I said "give him nothing but guns and ammo even though he doesn't want it". And this post >>25836087 even said that he threw away everything gun related.
>>
>>25851233
But Anon, out of the nine there, the only satyrs that hunt monsters are Simmer and Broil. The difference between monster hunting and exploring is the difference between getting deployed for combat and being a hiker, or having a job as an archeologist, anthropologist, or treasure hunter, though there are threats in those fields of work as well from time to time. Asha lives in and explores the Everfree, Ace and Hotshot frequently go inawoods, Hope probably travels all over the place when she grows up, Atlas is the daughter of a world renown explorer, and Aeon probably has some future stuff that allows her to travel to different planets. Utah primarily stays to protect his town from rival desperados, but I'm sure even he goes exploring the desert if there's something interesting.
>>
>>25851362
>the only satyrs that hunt monsters are Simmer and Broil
Only in your dumb headcanon where they're the most epic monster hunters in all of Equestria.
>>
>>25851400
But they aren't, I thought I reitetated this three threads ago.
>>
>>25851400
Yo. I love me some Simmer and Broil, but that headcanon, and the other "adventure" headcanons, to me are the dumbest shit. Only slightly less retarded than the single Anon harem "not harem" headcanon.
>>
>>25851362

I misread the initial post, thought you meant those nine did the hunting.

>the only satyrs that hunt monsters are Simmer and Broil

This in particular is what I meant. You take the biggest wimp in the thread and all of a sudden he's some bad ass monster hunter. Yes I know everything is variable, but to have a guy who has been shown to be a massive pushover suddenly become the most awesome guy around with the reason of "he just is," is really uninteresting. Though if there was more than that written somewhere I apologize as when those two are brought up I usually just skip the post.

If Simmer and Broil were just starting out and trying to overcome their own faults and insecurities (Broil doesn't look before she leaps and Simmer usually turns tail and runs at the first sight of danger, for example), that would be a hell of a lot more interesting. But just saying "they are awesome because they are," (with a liberal amount of paraphrasing on my part) is silly.

Make it a journey on their part. If you're talking about the endgame that's fine and dandy, but it would be so muh more interesting if they were shown to be a couple of no bodies who are trying to make a name for themselves.

>>25851419

Adventures are fine, but balance it out with other stuff too. I'm the guy who had Hot Shot join the guard and even then it wouldn't be all him doing guard stuff, but his life in Canterlot (hanging out with friends and the like), as well as a bit on the other Satyrs who are with him. Have some adventure but also have some slice of life
>>
>>25851400
They aren't. That's because it's actually Bon Bon
>>
>>25851518
But he's still a wimp around people though. He still has a host of other problems with him concerning his social skills and state of mind. If you want, I could write more about when they started off. I'm basing this off of when they're 14, after they've gone through most of their training.
>>
File: Satyr - Fizzle's kid 3.png (282 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Satyr - Fizzle's kid 3.png
282 KB, 800x600
I miss when Simmer was a shy and kinda cute guy who DOESN'T hunt monsters and fuck his own sister whenever he can.
>>
>>25851033
I add Stormwalker to that list, but that's because in my head she strikes me a shonen action hero character.

to that end, I also take it to ridiculous levels and imagine she's actually the strongest. Not just satyr, but anything. We're talking she's destined for One Punch Man levels of insane power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlztaiUJNaQ

>>25850405
>Those suits
Random piece of random because I watched an episode of the old cartoon series...

>Be Simmer
>Be swearing your mouth off because you and your family CAN'T
>FUCKING
>KILL
>THIS
>SPECTER!
>Your thrice blessed silver sword ends up going right through it, and he decides to fly right through you
>It would be an exaggeration to say it felt like face rape
>But it felt like face rape
>It was also cold and...
>"HE SLIMED ME!" You end up screaming as he taunts on his way to freedom
>Your family calls it quits on this one
>We're just not equipped for it.
>"So... Holy weapons don't work on this beast." Your mother points out the fact made obvious in the past hour
>"I think I know someone who'd know what would!" Broil perks up and piques everyone's interest.
>A few hours later, you'r before your friend Glimmer who snaps her first edition copy of the Ars Goatia closed. "It sounds to me like you all are dealing with a class 7 full body manifestation, and for this, you're going to need better weapons... And to get rid of those dumb tights."
>Thank god.
>"What's wrong with them?" Your mother crosses her arms.
>"They're not big enough to hold a lead lining." Glimmer explained and led us into her lab. "When I mean new weapons, I mean something that will protest us from the worst of the energy backlash of a my new proton packs."
>"You mean?!" You feel hopeful.
>"That's right, Simmer, we're going busting."
>>
>>25851714
I miss when he was shy and either getting fucked by or fucking a Shy.
>>
>>25851724
Stormwalker feela like if Rainbow Dash gave up on being a Wonderbolt and wanted to be a Kamen Rider instead. Her special kick would be called Maelstrom Impact.
>>
File: 1428478466744.png (328 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1428478466744.png
328 KB, 1000x1000
>>25851780
>>25851714
But Anon, that's heretical! Don't you know incest is the purest form of love in this thread? /s
>>25851724
Kek, I like this short. I always figured either Asha or some other magiuser like Glimmer would help them when they're up against spook'em enemies.
>>
>>25851870
>incest is the purest form of love in this thread
I honestly can't tell whether or not this is some form of shitposting at this point.
>>
>>25851674

>But he's still a wimp around people though.

Yet he becomes a badass when he fights.

Just because he has the training and even the gear to be a great hunter doesn't mean he won't panic when shit hits the fan. Just look at the Iraqi army: despite having been trained by the US Militairy and having better equipment, they ran like cowards when ISIS was making their way towards them.

It seems like you're wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

So why is Simmer Mr. Awesome when it comes to being a hunter yet is a wimp everywhere else?

>>25851714

I have a theory that people want their Satyrs to be perfect and awesome in every way while not being shown in a negative light, but that's just me.
>>
File: 1437264134909.jpg (570 KB, 1000x603) Image search: [Google]
1437264134909.jpg
570 KB, 1000x603
>>25851939
As someone from the frozen generals, I'd say it's more just a meme fetish. You'll find the "incest is wincest" just about everywhere. /co/, /tg/, /vg/, /v/, /a/, and probably a few others.

>>25851803
>gave up on being a wonderbolt
More like decided being a wonderbolt was too confining.
>"You mean you people DON'T punch things in the face?"
>"Miss, we don't even have hands to punch with."
>"If you can't punch with your legs you're not trying hard enough!"
>"But that makes it a kick-"
>"PUNCH WITH YOURT GODDAMN LEGS!"

>>25851946
Well, if you want my outlook, Simmer's a bundle of issues. He's badass (mostly) in a fight because he does care about his family and takes protecting them seriously (in that respect, he's way better at defending friends than beating enemies).

On the otherhand, he hates his life because he never wanted to be a Monster Hunter, he thinks his mom's retarded ("let's all fight a leviathan in a boat in it's natural habitat!"), his dad is pathetic for never once calling his mom out on child endangerment, and dammit, much as he loves his sister, she's a damn idiot who never realizes how close to death they come every day.

So once the fighting's over and he's taken his anger and frustrations out, what's left is the tired, depressed shell of a drake who feels he's suprefulous when people like Dawn, Glimmer, Hope, Alex, and Stormwalker are running around who can easily handle problems that come their way than the need to seek out trouble.

Also, child soldier issues. Because when you pick it all apart, that's what Fizzle's wife made their kids.

I don't think of her as actively malicious, but definitely short-sighted and not a terribly good mom. (neither is Fizzle, really, but dragons in general don't even stick around for their kids)
>>
>>25852141
>Also, child soldier issues. Because when you pick it all apart, that's what Fizzle's wife made their kids.
...Yep, definitely a dumb headcanon.
>>
>>25852141

Alright, that explains a lot, but I still don't see why he has to be such hot shit.

He has no room for growth or mistakes. Have him and Broil start small and work their way up from there, arguing about making it on their own or something. That also gives Simmer a chance to be both a wimp and get over his insecurities.

Try to play it like Courage the Cowardly Dog instead of something out of Metal Gear.
>>
File: History Repeating.png (183 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
History Repeating.png
183 KB, 700x700
>>25852182
And that's why I sort of see the "monster hunter thing" for Simmer at least, as only something lasting until he's in his late teens at the most.

Then comes the tragic breaking for brother/sisterhood between the him and Broil. Born together, but must live and die seperately. Simmer leaves home and settles in Ponyville working as a janitor for a time until Glimmer offers him a job as an assistant to her research.

Then comes drake on nerd sex.

That last part isn't really necessary.
>>
>>25852182
One of the dumbest.
>>
Can't Broil alone become a monster hunter while Simmer remains innocent and shy because he just doesn't have it in him to kill anyone?
>>
>>25852182
>>25852309
The dumbest!

>>25852332
Honestly, and this is just the way I paint it in my head mind you, I don't think Broil would have much a spirit for that sort of thing without her brother.

Sure, Broil can find her own things in life, but putting her life on the line is only "adventure" and not "oh, fuck, I'm gonna die!" because she has faith she and her brother can handle anything together.

Meanwhile, I tend to see the monsterhunting as more like modern, recreational hunting. In otherwords; Fizzle's family isn't exactly hunting things that are a danger to people, they're only quasi-knowingly being dicks, kicking in the doors of monsters' homes and butchering them because mom's got a Gilgamesh complex.

It's also why I tend to envision them as a lot less effectual than someone like Utah or Sirius who fight to protect others.

"The defense wins" is sort of a nominal narrative law in my head.
>>
>>25852373
>they're only quasi-knowingly being dicks, kicking in the doors of monsters' homes and butchering them because mom's got a Gilgamesh complex.
That's one way to make every single "monster" in Equestria, and maybe Fluttershy and the princesses, hate your guts.
>>
>>25852418
pretty much. but take it with a grain of salt. Write how you want to write.

I might be interested in seeing people instead depict Simmer and Broil and more like Mabel and Dipper in terms of adventuring. More mystery and silliness than SLAY AND PURGE. Also, Awkward sibling hugs.
>>
>>25851939
That's the exact reason I put the /s in there, it's generally indicated to mean it's sarcasm.
>>25851946
Because it's something he's familiar with enough for it to be comfortable and enjoyable at times, while thinking that it's atleast a little bit helpful for other people. Again, it's my headcanon that Fizzle's family hadn't set foot in Equestria until their early teens and lived most of their lives outside regular society (dragons don't like drakes, and griffons don't like dragons). They had to use their family's experiences as a crutch for their social expectations, which admittedly might come off a bit skewed when their only references are a stigmatized dragon and a woman who's entire life purpose was shaped around binging on fantasy novels. Both of them are overly reliant on their mother for guidance (up to the point of endangering them at times) and each other but don't really view it at such because that's the way things are in their household. It leaves them with stunted social development. The times that they do venture out (like with school) don't go well due to dragons notoreity of being dicks, which gives them a lot of self-esteem issues.
>>25852332
I don't think they'd go into monster hunting without the other's support.
>>25852373
>>25852418
I'm not against it a whole bunch, but I mean Equestria isn't all that safe of a place like a utopia. There are monsters that get out and terrorize Ponyville. Heck, even the parasprites can be counted as monsters if you think about it. They're a legit threat, and the mane six can't be everywhere to solve problems.
>>25852440
I'd like both, but that's just me.
>>
>>25852688
>They're a legit threat, and the mane six can't be everywhere to solve problems.
Maybe not, but at least the mane six don't solve their problems with a damn sword through their problem's chest.
>>
>>25852870
Right, they immediatelly forgive then befriend their problems. Every time. Even if said problem literally killed everything over a hissy fit. Are you serious? You would rather have THAT than a sword through said problem's chest?
>>
>>25852909
>Even if said problem literally killed everything over a hissy fit
>literally killed everything
When has said problem ever killed everything?
>>
>>25852939
Did you watch the season finale?
>>
>>25853003
You mean the one with all the time traveling stuff? Yeah.
Are you saying that all monsters knows how to travel through time? And that every single one of them should all die for it, even though anything they do can be fixed if you also know how to time travel?
>>
>>25853003
>>25853064
And of course, let's not forget the one who cause this sort of thing wasn't even a monster. It was Starlight Glimmer, a perfectly sapient pony of human-like rationale.

Thus, in terms of "what kind of satyr would go and push her shit in" it would probably fall to someone like Utah, Hope, or even her own son.

Then there's the fact that a bulk of what had taken over in each alternate timeline was debatable in whether it was a monster or simply a like Glimmer. (I mean, sure, Japanese did shitty things in WWII, but the scary part was that they were human, just like the people fighting them, not some inhuman monster humans could in no way become.)

Of course, that all also depends on what is one's criteria for monsters. Earlier someone said monsters "were not capable of intelligent thought and were basically beasts" though I myself am a bit more lenient despite my liberal, left-winged outlook. Also /tg/, too much /tg/.
>>
>>25853064
You saying you wouldn't kill pony Hitler? You some sort of pony Nazi sympathizer?
>>
File: 1008075.png (398 KB, 664x1034) Image search: [Google]
1008075.png
398 KB, 664x1034
>>
>>25854031
Wheelie has a dog?
>>
>>25852870
Because most of their problems can't typically be solved with swords, since Discord can't be killed and stabbing ponies is uncouth.
>>25854063
Doesn't Pogo have a dog too? Dog girl abomination when?
>>
>>25854605
>What is Laika?
>>
>>25854713
Regular dog girl, not diamond dog with a club for a tail
>>
If satyr had access to the Force, which ones would be Jedi and which ones would be Sith?
>>
kk
>>
File: He+s+soda_ed483d_5773545-1-1.jpg (20 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
He+s+soda_ed483d_5773545-1-1.jpg
20 KB, 245x230
You fucking weirdos. Fizzle was just a cute little gay dragon and all of you are turning him into shit with all this satyr crap. He might not have been popular very long but now this is what he's probably gonna be remembered by.

Also he's "gay" so idk where ya'll are getting kids from
>>
File: 19958982.gif (208 KB, 272x213) Image search: [Google]
19958982.gif
208 KB, 272x213
>>25856758
>Implying that he was popular to begin with
>Implying he's "gay"
>Implying that people will care about what a niche thread does to a nameless one off character
wew
>>
File: 519431.png (512 KB, 1500x1800) Image search: [Google]
519431.png
512 KB, 1500x1800
>>
>>25857249
kissing cousins
>>
>>25855367
Funny enough, I already basically imagine Hope as basically using a mix of Ataru, Niman, and Djem So. Basically, Hope being pretty average at magic except for telekinesis, which she came to use extensively in fights to augment her strength, agility, and defenses, as well as occasionally do things like throw people around like ragdolls before stabbing them.

In summary:
>Satyr Jedi Order
Hope, most Apple Satyrs, Selena, Herc, Mistake, Narya, Treble, Clef, Jay, Tonbo, Ivy, Thorn, Flora, Orion, Icarus, Sapphire, Maverick, Salai, Gale, Jetstream, Dawn, Radiance, Asha (goes full yoda), Kimmy

>Satyr Sith Order
Glimmer, Prism, Irissa, Garret, Timber, Fauna, Presto (goes full UNLIMITED POWAH!), Eventide, Darcy, Ace, Hotshot, Misty, Amelia, Sirius, Misery, Annie, Alex, Kaos, Concerto, Dee, Stormwalker (waaay too passionate to be anything but), Mera (Yeah... it gets complicated)
>>
>>25857348
Alright, I'm gonna need an explanation why best Apple satyr joins the dark side. Along with Prism, Concerto, Misty, Timber, and Amelia.
>>
>>25857461

I'd like to expand on this and ask why anyone who isn't the spawn off major villain is on the Dark Side.

Also why is Thorn on the fucking Light Side of all things? She seems like she'd enjoy being the edgy special snowflake.
>>
Muddle is the best dork.
>>
>>25857348
Presto did it for Melody. The power to give her sight, to give her a gift no one else could. Then Houdini has to kill him because of a horrible plotline that doesn't make a lick of sense with the "established" prequels, yet on its own is decent.
>>
>How was each satyr's first time?
>Or, for a cleaner question, what would be the reaction of each satyr when they're significant other (or secret crush) suddenly asked to marry them?
>>
File: HanSoloPostOp.jpg (130 KB, 776x1136) Image search: [Google]
HanSoloPostOp.jpg
130 KB, 776x1136
>>25857461
Everyone always picks at her for being too much "perfect waifu", so why not make her nuts and gradually becoming ugly from darkside corruption?
>>25857548
And mostly for the drama of families being split apart by ideological differences and cosmic forces. There we a few that I had reason for, like Glimmer basically suffering massively from "pride before the fall" (everyone's always been so proud of her as the prodigy, then Orion proves better than her in a few things and her insecurities spiral out of control), Presto is actually covered fairly well by >>25859073, Dee took 'the partying' too hard, and that's about it.

For something that binds the universe together, it is is funny how often force user siblings will split between jedi and sith, no?

Though, in reality, I was also tossing out names for the most part, if I had to narrow things down:

>Jedi
Hope, Asha, Dawn, Selena, Broil, Orion, Salai (the 'sith seeking redemption')

>Sith
Kaos, Annie, Glimmer, Sirius, Presto, Stormwalker

>Underworld smugglers
Utah, Dee, Jay, Garret, Melody (she will be the cutest smuggler!), most pegasus satyrs, Misery

>Mandalorian Clans
Alex, Narya, Simmer, Broil, Muddle, Herc, Icarus, Mistake
>>
File: 1007257.png (349 KB, 1966x1190) Image search: [Google]
1007257.png
349 KB, 1966x1190
>>25855367
>>
File: Satyr - Gilda's kid Alex Pogo.jpg (503 KB, 1106x1168) Image search: [Google]
Satyr - Gilda's kid Alex Pogo.jpg
503 KB, 1106x1168
>>
>>
Satyrs sing your favorite Christmas carol. What do they sing?
>>
File: Caroling Satyrs.png (2 MB, 1841x1647) Image search: [Google]
Caroling Satyrs.png
2 MB, 1841x1647
>>25861568
(insert youtube link here)
>>
>>25861568
Is there a difference between Christmas carols and Christmas music? Either way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfT06kHnHQM
I can really imagine Ace singing this.

>>25861791
That is wonderful.
>>
>>25861791
Pfft, Snapshot WOULD be an idol
>>
>>25859348
>Satyr smugglers work in groups
>Garret does most of the talking
>Melody is last resort if they want to convince them that they are shipping filly scout cookies.
>>
>>25861791
all I need to do is spike the holiday punch and I'll have red, green, and blue streaks all over my cock
>>
>>25861791
Marry, fuck, kill?
>>
>>25861791

That's hella cute and kinda hot too

It also took me a minute to realize that was Mistake in the middle. Thought she was taller.
>>
File: satyr besties.png (192 KB, 763x904) Image search: [Google]
satyr besties.png
192 KB, 763x904
>>25862171
Not sure why, but I've always imagined Mistake as being rather short and petite. Even though she is about the same age as Yuzu, Mistake's a full head shorter than her. She's also laid back and a bit snarky like her father, though he tends to edge closer to the asshole side of snark than his daughter.

That's my headcanon anyway.
>>
>>25862238

I always thought of her as long limbed like her mother. Agree on the petite thing.

Despite being fairly quiet she can be insanely spiteful when crossed.

Like a lot of Satyrs I really don't have a solid personality for her, just a few general ideas. Characterization is hard.
>>
>>25861791
>"All I want for Christmas is yooooooooou!"
>>
>>25861791
>>25862166
>marry
Yuzu
>fuck
Mistake
>kill
Fagshot
>>
>>25862166

>Marry

Yuzu

>Fuck

Snapshot

>Adopt

Mistake
>>
>>25862166
>>25862384
Fuck: Snapshot
Marry: Yuzu
Kill: Mistake
>>
>>25862449
this nigga gets it
>>
File: Hope - Jul.png (672 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Hope - Jul.png
672 KB, 900x900
>>
What kind of presents would you buy your young satyr kids for Christmas?
>>
>>25863473
Nothing. Christmas is a repurposed pagan holiday.
>>
>>25863624
>it's a pagan holiday
So?

You know just because something's got origins in something else doesn't make it right or wrong. Do you think the ancient pagans who celebrated Yule would go "I'm not celebrating Yule, it's an arbitrary day"? No, they got shitfaced with everyone else because celebrating and fun wasn't exactly a common gift when you had Romans breathing down your neck every five minutes.

And then it's been commercialized so heavily it resembles nothing like even the christmas' of a few hundred years ago.

Christmas and any holiday just is, and what it is ias what we make of it. So you wanna spend it sulking and being contrary? Or you wanna seize that day by it's tits, make it moan, and make it yours?

Besides, Yule celebrates Winter Solstice, that was about a few days ago.
>>
>>25863473
The most memorable christmas gift I ever got from family was the audiobook (on tape) for Harry Potter and the Philospher's stone.

At the time, I had read the book, and loved it. But I wasn't really into audiobooks. I didn't dislike them, I just didn't use them.

So the present was memorable because it filled a gap I didn't know I had hue hue hue. I spent the whole day listening to the story.

So it would be something tangential to the satyr's interest, but relevant enough that it would hopefully draw them in. Also, it can then give you a new thing to do presents for the future (since then I have always got an audiobook of some sort. Often several)

Mistake would get a book on NLP, and body-language. How to read people (and therefore, how to send a specific message). It's useful for pranks, shapeshifting, but also could open up a whole new avenue of bio/psychology.

Laika would get a Equestria-wide trip to museums and galleries, maybe a trip to a presentation or two. Like all Diamond Dogs, she has interests in gems. But it would help foster a greater knowledge of how gems form, and geology.

Ace would get a paper-plane set. It sounds shit, but they actually show all sorts of interesting things on how weight distribution can change flight patterns.
>>
>>25864289

If I recall right, the Christians repurposed Yule to help with converts. It's hard to win over people when you tell them they can't celebrate their favorite holiday anymore.

Hell that's pretty much why they repurposed a lot of pagan traditions.
>>
>>25863473
lube. for all the "bonding" we'll be doing together
>>
File: 960760.png (165 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
960760.png
165 KB, 600x709
>>
File: 20698460.png (832 KB, 1372x1306) Image search: [Google]
20698460.png
832 KB, 1372x1306
All I want for Christmas is a Satyr TTRPG
>>
>>25861791

So it kinda dawned on me what feels off with Mistake and Snapshot.

They don't have teeth showing. If you Smile like that in real life your teeth show. Even having the back teeth show at the angle Snapshot is at.

It could be a style thing (DJ's style is pretty anime like and they sometimes have mouths like that in anime), but that was just something that felt off to me.
>>
File: teeth.png (2 MB, 1841x1647) Image search: [Google]
teeth.png
2 MB, 1841x1647
>>25866797
>>
File: tonbo commission.png (658 KB, 2945x4057) Image search: [Google]
tonbo commission.png
658 KB, 2945x4057
A commission I drew for MSOB
>>
>>25866882
Oh fuck...I completely forgot her tail...FML
>>
File: Christmas Yuzu.png (263 KB, 901x827) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Yuzu.png
263 KB, 901x827
>>
>>25866337
I was part of a team that was doing a Fate hack for Satyr. We never playtested it,though.
>>
Just doodling.
>>
>>25867710
Who could best explain "cheer" without being overly ambitious or depressingly flat?
>>
>>25867710

>The only Crystal Satyr

Man nobody gives a fuck about them.
>>
>>25868182
To be fair, their vaginas ARE jagged and pointy.
>>
>>25866337
Tactical Turn-based RPG?

Well now i'm more thinking like Disgea.

But what would be the plot?
>>
>>25868388
Silly or serious? Or a silly serious Nippon Ichi mix.
>>
File: 1437219600113.png (2 MB, 1533x1485) Image search: [Google]
1437219600113.png
2 MB, 1533x1485
>>25868409
well, since I used Disgea as an example, I say silly serious. plus, satyrs feel like they'd do silly-serious more than one or another.
>>
>>25867979
Pogo
>>
>>25867105
I love you so much right now.
>>
the things I would do to yuzu...
>>
Do people enjoy unfinished stuff being posted? Like sraps of greens and WIPs of art?
>>
File: wat.jpg (110 KB, 1280x1097) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
110 KB, 1280x1097
>>25869847
I can only speak for myself...

If it's a WIP of art, seeing the different stages is interesting (IE, basic line sketch, contours, sketch, final piece). But I wouldn't post it when it's half-way coloured and you're just taking a break.

Scraps of green maybe, if that's all you're writing for it. Otherwise, breaking it down into chapters works well - there's somebody who was writing something, and would add less than two posts of green each time, but would still repost everything, and then say "tired now, bye".

Being honest though, I don't think it matters too much. Do whatever you like, just have fun.
>>
File: 609444.png (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
609444.png
20 KB, 500x500
>>
>>25836306
I guess this explains why Simmer looks like a girl.
>>
I'm amazed at how slow this thread is when I'm away
>>
>>25871413
>When I'm away
Well, aren't YOU special. The thread is always slow, especially when people are asleep.
>>
>>25871413
It's slow when you're here too, anon
>>
>>25871425
I am special, yeah. And they're not sleeping, they're already dead.
>>2587143
>>
>>25871425

It's 1 in the afternoon in America on the east coast, on fucking Christmas.

People are spending time with their real families, not their Phantasmal ones.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 108

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.