[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ponies are surprised at completely normal human things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 32
> "A-Anon!"
> "This.. do you have any idea of what you have done?"
> "It's incredible! A truly revolutionary concept!"
> "The nutritional value, the portability! This is incredible, how in the hay could we have lived so long without this-"
> "For fuck's sake, Twilight. It's only a peanut butter and jelly sandwich."

ITT: ponies go batshit crazy about mundane human stuff.
>>
>>25803844
Why do people insist on making the ponies brain dead retards when a human is involved?
>>
>>25803886
because they want to feel special in some way
>>
> "WHAAAA-? "
> "THEY LOOK SO PERFECT!
> "NONNY! WHAT KIND OF SOCERY IS THIS?"
> "I just used a straw to remove the strawberry stems."
>>
>>25803886
Because apparently Equestria is in the same year as us, yet they have technologies that are fucking rudimentary as hell, except for a few things.
>>
>>25803844
>"Sweet Celestia! This carriage can go speeds that only a few pegasus fliers can achieve! I've heard of a few machines in my world like this... but they've never accomplished feats like this mechanism is capable of. This is truly a marvel in engineering technology!
"Uh... yeah, Twilight, this is a car."
>she continues to nearly drool at the sight of your Toyota AE86
>its a good car, but she's acting like its the first one she's seen
>after being in this world for a few days, you'd think she'd be more impressed with that Rolls Royce that is parked nearby
>eh, ponies
>they're weird
>"Could I examine the interior?"
"Uh... sure you can?"
>the face of happiness is almost too much to bare
>she immediately opens the driver's door and hops onto the seat
>"Ooh, what does this button do? Oh, how about this one? Oh oh oh, what about this light right here? Those levers on the bottom make this go forwards, right?"
>without getting a chance to say anything, she uses her magic to put some weight on the gas pedal
>thankfully, it was to no avail
>"But... its supposed to-"
"Twilight, its not even on. Besides, you can't just drive my car. Its meant for people, not ponies."
>she blushes a little bit
>"Heh heh... sorry. I get this way when confronting something new and exciting. As Rainbow Dash would put it, this looks so... awesome."
"Huh... never thought I'd hear you say that."
>she starts to pet the steering wheel for a while, until she gasps, clearly having an idea
>"Can you show me how this works?"
"Uh... what?"
>"I want to see how this operates. you've spoken about the top speed of this 'car', but I need to see it to uh... properly believe your statements."
>you scratch the back of your head
"I don't know, Twilight. I have food in the oven, so I'll need to check on it in a few..."
>she starts to look at you with eyes filled to the brim with sadness
>you cannot say to no those eyes...
"Fine... one lap around the neighborhood."
>"Yes!"

continue?
>>
>>25803886
trust me, it's a lot worse when the subject of war is brought up, though that often comes with some nice flames to toast marshmallows on.

especially the overused "nuke vs magic" debate
>>
>>25804280
Nigga, you better believe it
>>
>>25804280
>Anons house is burning down when they return
>Twilight can now learn how much it sucks living in a car.
>>
>>25803844
>"IT'S A BAG."
>"YOU PUT OVER YOUR DICK!"
>"A TRASH BAG, BUT FOR YOUR DICK!"
>>
>>25803844
>"Come on, just let me see it! Please?"
"For the last time Twilight, I don't have the internet."
>"But you told me that the internet was in that black square you always carry with you! I just want to study it for a few days; I promise to bring it back!"
>>
>>25804465
>Calmly begin to explain how the internet is a series of tubes and your phone is no longer connected to it.
>>
>>25804498
>pinkie shows up with her straw collection, claiming to have found the internet
>>
>>25804525
Fluttershy shows up with a tuba, claiming the sage growing in her spit-valve is 4Chan.
>>
>>25803844
>Anon this machine is amazing!
>Twilight continues to gaze at your Lamborghini
Yeah it's fun to drive around Hollywood hills in.
>>
>>25804579
>twilight not being more interested in the bookshelves he had installed
>>
>>25803886
because they want to get a feeling of superiority for doing something a child can do.
they also don't have anything that can actually make them useful/admirable either.
>>
>>25804579
There is only one thing i value more than my Lamborghini Twilight.
>Oh? What would that be?
Knowledge.
>>
File: bottom blasted, darling.png (1 MB, 1536x863) Image search: [Google]
bottom blasted, darling.png
1 MB, 1536x863
>>25803844
>yfw you tell AJ Apple makes computers not apples
>>
>>25804465
>Be Twilight Sparkle
>On your table is "the internet."
>You feel bad for stealing from your friend, but he was being uncooperative
>If this was at least half as impressive as Anon made it out to be, then this would drastically improve all of civilized society
>Besides, you'll give it back
>Eventually
>Maybe
>Before your conscience overrides your scientific curiosity, you have to study this device
>Which leads to step number one on: How does it work?
>Well, looking at it from the front, there seems to only be one button
>So, obviously this button is meant to be pressed
>Which is what you shall do
>*press*
>Oh, look at that!
>The black square lit up like a scrying lens
>On it is a picture of... you?
>It's a close up of your face staring inquisitively
>Oh, this is the same picture that Anon took when he showed you how the black square also has a camera
>You're still impressed that they built a camera small enough to fit into it without a shrinking spell
>Although... you're not sure if you are flattered or concerned that he kept the photo as some kind of... background?
>You'll deal with it later, on to the science!
>On the lens, it tells you the date and the time
>You look towards the clock that is magically intuned to the sun and moon and see that the time is correct as well
>Below that, there is a little arrow that says "slide to unlock"
>Don't' mind if I do!
>.... Why won't it the lens slide?
>Is your hooves not able to operate the device like human hands can?
>Maybe if you use your nose...
>Success!
>Kind of
>The lens did slide when you used your nose in place of a human finger, but it seems like I need to input a four digit password to access the internet
>Why would Anon need to lock it? It's not as if somepony would steal it
>Sh-shut up...
>You randomly put in numbers, each time the little square would vibrate telling you that it was wrong
>There must be some way to override the lock
>Maybe if you hold the button, something will happen
>>
>>25804280
>you run back into your house
>grab the keys because you forgot them like an idiot
>and walk back outside
"Alright, move over, Twilight."
>she teleports to the other seat
>fucking magic, man...
>you get into the car, put the keys in, and start the engine
>this magnificent accomplishment is met with a purple horse clapping her hooves together
>it was majestic
>"This going to be so great! Finally, truly experiencing human transportation."
"Uh... yeah."
>you put the car in reverse and back it out of your driveway
>Twilight proceeds to giggle like a little cute
>it truly is adorable
>when you get on the road, you put the car in drive and...
>fuck, you should probably explain some of this shit
"So, Twilight... let's run through how this car works."
>she spawns a notepad from thin air
"This right here puts the car in drive, park, reverse, etc. Its pretty easy to understand. The pedals near my feet? They control how the car goes and stops. Again, simple. The steering wheel turns the car left and right, the windshield makes it so the wind doesn't get in your eyes, and I just realized I'm pretty bad at giving a good explanation."
>"Giving a good... explanation... right! So, let's go through with the test, shall we?"
>she didn't give much thought into that last statement
>though it does not matter
>you give a little force on the gas and get going
>you make a turn, which is followed by Twilight's eyes lighting up with glee
>damn, it's almost like she's never see a carriage in her world, which she pretty much said exists!
>alright, another turn
>everything is going fine
>just make a turn here and-
>shit, a red light
>can't turn on a red light...
>damn these driving laws
>so now, you sit at the stoplight
>this seems peaceful
>at least nobody is going to- ah shit
>somebody pulled up next to you
>in a Nissan 370z no less
>he... he's revving his engine
>you know what this means
>challenge must be accepted
>>
File: 1415582456235.gif (183 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1415582456235.gif
183 KB, 250x200
>>25804280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
>>
>>25803886
So they can relate to them
>>
File: sickburn.gif (46 KB, 278x121) Image search: [Google]
sickburn.gif
46 KB, 278x121
>>25804865
>>
>>25804818
>PRNDL
>2 pedals
autotragic confirmed
>>
File: Yu can see into forever.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
Yu can see into forever.gif
768 KB, 500x340
>>25804918
bare in mind, I know almost nothing about cars. my apologies if I make mistakes
>>
>>25804818
automatic transmission .....
fucking dropped
>>
>>25804944
shit, did I make that much of a mistake?
>>
>>25804957
it's a surprising one considering you seemed like you were going for an Initial D reference, but personally I'd just chalk it up to this being /o/'s trigger....like /k/ and their high capacity assault clips.
>>
>>25804970
well... yeah, I'm seriously bad when it comes to cars. If you could explain this to me, or point me in the right direction, I could use this information to further improve my story

anything to get better at writing this material
>>
>>25804957
for /o/? yes
for most of /mlp/ not really.
the US army made a few videos about cars and car parts in the 50s that simplify the explanations. they sound like something twilight would watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKHeqHMye4k
>>
>>25804957
you are triggering the /o/tist in me pretty hard m8. Enthusiast don't buy automatics unless your using it to drag race then it has to be completely rebuilt for that purpose otherwise its manual all the way.
>>
>>25804957
Autism.
I prefer manual but I realize automatic has a shitload of convenience as well.
Cruise control on long ass drives is nice.
>>
>>25804983
>>25805003
>>25805036
shit, fuck me. A manual transmission is used in this car?
isn't that the fancy term for a type of stick shift or something?
Believe me, I'm more than willing to listen, but... how does this work?
>>
>>25805036
Also I realize manual has cruise control but it fucking sucks compared to an automatic with a resume setting
>>
>>25805046
Are you Twilight?
>>
>>25805046
basically there's a third pedal next to the brakes on the left of them to be precise that you need to press on during the gear shift and during this time you also have to step off the gas and the brakes as you shift otherwise you could strip the gears and fuck everything.
>>
>>25805046
ok, so you have an engine spinning a shaft and wheels that need to be turned. you could connect the two, but the weight of the car would force the engine too much strain and it will stall. to counter this, a clutch is used. a clutch is generally two plates with operated by a third pedal. when you press the pedal, the plates separate, freeing the engine from the transmission and wheels. if you release the pedal gently, you slowly allow the two plates to slip against each other, allowing power to be applied without stalling the engine right away. after you begin moving, the plates can fully contact and it's much like a solid driveshaft.
>>
>>25805062
if you don't need to shift, the manual transmission cruise control is more accurate at keeping the same speed. DCTs are the future of cars though.
>>
File: THERE IS A POINT.jpg (162 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
THERE IS A POINT.jpg
162 KB, 1058x705
>>25805066
so its just first gear, drive a bit, foot off gas, press third pedal, gear shift, go as normal, do it for next gear?
I would imagine this allows for more control when slowing down and making turns, especially at high speeds?
>>25805076
interesting... but what benefits does this give in terms of high speeds? Wouldn't this conflict with some aspects of a race?
>>25805065
;)
>>
>>25805102
Real men start in second gear.
>>
>>25805102
the main benefit in the past was faster shifting than any automatic could do.
nowadays new automatics can get close, or even better if you spend a lot of money.
the other benefit is that it weighs less and doesn't require the fluid that is used in an automatic.
>>
>>25805113
you a trucker, or someone with a big engine? yes
an AE86 with a light clutch? no way
>>
>>25805124
ah, so its a manual gear shift that does not come with a loss of speed, given you are fast enough to shit gears manually.
how many gears are usually in these kinds of cars?
>>
>>25805153
>>
>>25805124
>>25805102
mfw $10k into an automatic trans in the drag car we run ....what have i done with my life.

i prefer manual because i can rebuild a manual easily and put a new clutch in easy, however automatics are witchcraft.
>>
>>25805153
modern cars are mostly 5 or 6 speeds, with another for reverse. some offering 7 now, and large trucks can have many more.
>>
>>25805153
4,5,or 6
>>25805164
not all of us are truckers
>>
File: spaghetti.png (30 KB, 183x161) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.png
30 KB, 183x161
>>25805164
>>25805179
so these gears must be switched, depending on what speed you are currently going? I would assume the smaller the cars, the less gears required. Would I be correct that the car I may or may not have used in this story has about 5 gears?
>>
>>25805177
>however automatics are witchcraft.
TORQUE CONVERTER DEMANDS A BLOOD SACRIFICE. and that's why ATF is red.
>>
File: 1450173724157.jpg (21 KB, 263x278) Image search: [Google]
1450173724157.jpg
21 KB, 263x278
> "Bad Dragon, anon?"
> Ten seconds later.
> "Daaaaaaaammmnn.."
>>
File: Hurst4life.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Hurst4life.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
hurst 4 speed out of muh muscle car
>>25805193
yep
>>25805192
an ae86 i believe has a 5 speed but the gears are short because its geared for rally.
>>
ITT we discuss how everyday technological science machines work.

which means that we are in fact the ponies the OP refers to.
>>
>>25805192
gears are used for 2 things, either:
>multiply power by reducing rotational speed
or
>multiply rotational speed by reducing power

the more power needed to move the car, the more gears or stronger engine you want. this is also an option to go faster, but keep in mind too many gears makes it overly complicated and heavy.
>>
File: YES YES YES YES YES.gif (2 MB, 608x347) Image search: [Google]
YES YES YES YES YES.gif
2 MB, 608x347
>>25805210
I see!
so its not exactly complex, its more like just following a sequence when the speed requires a certain gear. My question, however, is how this is done when slowing down, like when a turn is needed?
>>
>>25805213
she's not even my waifu but I'd love to nerd out with her.
>>
>>25805238
Let off the gas.
Apply clutch
Shift into lower gear.
>>
>>25805229
I've seen people shift into lower gears when going down hills. What's the reason for this?
>>
>>25805238
you downshift into the proper gear when you get down to the correct speed.

tfw used to race time attack with a vw but now im too sick
>>
>>25805249
engine breaking using the motor to slow the vehicle instead of using the breaks handy on mountain passes
>>
>>25805248
Also to clarify, you can use the clutch to slow down if needed as well.
You just gradually let off until your speed drops down were it needs to be.
>>
>>25805238
to match the speed of the clutch plates when slowing down smoothly, you need to rev the engine up with every downshift. if you are planning on slowing down several gears, you can be lazy and coast the car in neutral, then re-engage the transmission in the needed gear when at the desired slower speed.
>>25805248
this works if you can be gentle with the clutch
>>
tfw we havent even covered the difference between hydrostatic clutch and old school clutch
>>
File: Shut up, Adachi.png (66 KB, 282x254) Image search: [Google]
Shut up, Adachi.png
66 KB, 282x254
>>25805248
>>25805252
>>25805268
hmm... I see
gear shifting allows for more control with your car. You do the sequence when going into a higher or lower gear. your speed is dependent on what gear is needed.
this seems rather simple when you get right down to it. Its just memorizing a pattern and knowing which speeds are needed for a gear shift
now for the big one
the act of drifting
>>25805274
WELL FUCK
>>
>>25805036

IMHO the only real convenience with auto is if you're rock crawling, towing a large trailer up inclines and stopping frequently, or if you happened to break one of your legs.
>>
>>25805285
drift is a controlled slide, generally only for Rear wheel drive cars, but some AWD cars can too if they are set up right. it requires very high skill, and can get very expensive, to do the kind of drifting you see in movies. it also almost is never faster around a corner compared to slowing down to the appropriate speed and turning with tire grip. Unless you're a DOWNHILL CHAMPION
>>
>>25805124
I was told another benefit was that it had better gas mileage/needed less fuel. Is that true or was I told wrong?
>>
>>25805348

That really depends on the driver. I can still get better mileage with my beat to shit 5spd civic than most hybrid drivers because I probably spend about half my time coasting in neutral.
>>
>>25805323
There is also the fact that you don't need to dedicate one hand to shifting, leaving you room to hold a drink or some shit.
I went for a while in a manual without any cup holders and it was fucking suffering.
>>
>>25805348
until very recently, yes. now, some automatic cars can have better mileage, but you have to know which type of automatic transmission it is and how many gears.
most cheap 4/5 speed torque converter automatics are worse than any manual, a 6 speed might be similar, and more might beat the manual.
it depends on brand, and keep in mind the manual is still cheaper to own and operate, and you can improve mileage simply by "getting gud"
>>
>>25805356

...that's never really been a problem for me, all the vehicles I've driven I could slap the stick around with a drink in my hand easy. When I was a bus driver I'd just kick the stick too.
>>
>>25805399
That sound terribly irresponsible anon.
Glad I don't have to take the bus and end up with somebody like you.
>>
>>25805356
>I had a car with 1 cupholder
>it was an option from the factory
>a single cupholder was a luxury feature
Japan pls
>>
>>25805419

The glories of being asked to fill the role of a bus driver in a shithole country when you don't have a CDL that's legal there. And there's nothing all that irresponsible about it, especially when the thing has indicator lights.
>>
>>25805399
fucking kek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWK_SYFW6k
>>
>>25805439
>MULTI-BUS DRIFTING
always a good watch
>>
>>25804818
>there are several things going through your mind
>a pony is sitting next to you in a car
>you have been challenged to a race by an asshole
>you're so bad at explanations, you somehow imagined you had an automatic transmission
>and you may have forgotten something in your house
>all of this comes together when Twilight questions the noise she is hearing
>"Uh... Anon? Why is that other car making so much noise?"
>you take a deep breath
"Twilight... you wanted to see how fast this car can go, correct?"
>"Why yes! You can do that now?"
god, I hope I don't fuck this up
>you get a bit more comfortable in your chair
"Fasten your seat belt, Twilight."
>"Huh?"
>you point to the one you have, and then to the other one
>"Oh... alright."
>as soon as she clicks it on, the light in front of you turns green
>the car next to you instantly drives ahead of you
>your get into position and put your foot on the gas
>you make a slower start, but you quickly shift into high gear and get your ass moving
>well, gear 3 isn't high but...
>now is not the time for higher gears
>that comes later
>Twilight almost sinks into the seat as you go faster and faster
>you come across a turn you must make
>the car in front of you does a big stop, but turns cleanly
>you slow down and shift into second gear, but your turn is a bit faster
>even though things aren't so fast, you're already catching up
>...oh shit, isn't this close to the hillside?
>well... you did say you were going to go pretty fast
"Twilight."
>"Y-yes?!"
"Hold onto something..."

am I doing alright, /o/?
>>
>>25803967
Yeah
>>
>>25804779
Oooh, Twilight is a bad pony
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 220x250
>>25805609
>now is not the time for higher gear
>that comes later
>inb4 the car crashes with no survivors
>>
bump?
>>
File: LOL stars.jpg (59 KB, 540x509) Image search: [Google]
LOL stars.jpg
59 KB, 540x509
>>25804865
>>
>>25805323
city buses usually have auto transmission
can't imagine the pain in the ass the driver would have to endure if he had to shift gears every few meters as he went from one bus stop to another, 10 hours a day
>>
Not the original writefag but >>25805609 has no idea how a stick shift works.
>>
>>25804779
Please continue
>>
>>25804818
>"This right here puts the car in drive, park, reverse, etc."

>automatic
>not five-speed

You filthy casual.
>>
>>25804970
>high capacity assault clips
>assault clips
>clips

IT'S A MAGAZINE YOU RETARDED FUCK BEAST! RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>25806463
>not knowing about clip magazines
>>
File: twilights cellphone.png (34 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
twilights cellphone.png
34 KB, 1280x1024
>>25804779
>>
File: magclip.png (560 KB, 766x694) Image search: [Google]
magclip.png
560 KB, 766x694
>>25806465
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>25803886
Because humans are always superior to xenos.
>>
>>25806463
I'm not even from /k/ and I know "assault clips" is a /k/ meme. Step up your game senpai.
>>
>>25807000
I can't. That... that... thing triggers my autism too hard.
>>
>>25804865
sensible chuckle
>>
>>25805609
Awesome job
>>25804779
I need more, Anon.
>>
File: EikPx.jpg (607 KB, 1601x2676) Image search: [Google]
EikPx.jpg
607 KB, 1601x2676
>>25805258

You can also engine break with an automatic. If you do real mountain driving, you basically have to.

Some automatics also have a "manual" setting where you can specifically select which gear you want the transmission to be in more like an automatic. Pic related, the bit at the bottom to the right of D lets you select between 6 gears, though the vehicle itself does the switching, no need for a clutch. I drove a toyota tundra in the mountains of colorado, and it had 8 gears you could select between. Was nice to have good options for rolling down steep gravel roads at low speeds and a higher gear for interstate speeds. Just basically roll down the mountain without having to touch the brakes. Most lower end automatics only have L-2-3 selectable, and they kinda suck for going down hills at highway speeds

Though, most 'murricans don't even learn to drive manuals anymore. As a 28 year old, I can count the number of people I know who drive manual on 1 hand. I've never had a chance to drive one. My parents got rid of the manuals they had before I was 16.
>>
File: 1437234456706.jpg (115 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437234456706.jpg
115 KB, 819x1024
>>25803886
Ponies are brain dead retards.
Do you even watch the show?

Twilight is the smartest one there is, but if there's even the slightest mystery in the episode, it reveals her brain is made of toast.
>>
>>25803886
If you've ever been the reason why a child's face has lit up with unparalleled glee, you would understand perfectly.

If not, your life is miserable and I suggest you do something about it.
>>
>>25804779
More?
>>
invents the toilet, ponies go mad
>>
>>25803844

>"Anon, what's this?"
"Why are you digging through my wallet?"
>"I was just curious about learning more about you, but what's this piece of paper?"
"That's a five dollar bill, it's money."
>"Money? But this isn't gold, or any kind of metal. Is paper rare where you come from?"
"What? No, but it's worth money because we say it is."
>"I don't understand, what if you just drew more of these?"
"Well we made that illegal, shit I don't know Twilight. It's just worth whatever we say it is."
>"Humans are weird."
>>
File: plasticmoney.jpg (201 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
plasticmoney.jpg
201 KB, 480x320
>>25807766
>using paper money
>2015
Come on, it's practically shrinky-dinks here at this point.
>>
>>25805177
>i prefer manual because i can rebuild a manual easily and put a new clutch in easy,
right up until you have to replace the pressure plate, flywheel and clutch disc.

>however automatics are witchcraft.
Its a mix between voodoo, witchcraft, and hippie dancing
>>
ayy
lmao
>>
File: fluttershy this.png (90 KB, 862x666) Image search: [Google]
fluttershy this.png
90 KB, 862x666
>>25807651
>>
>>25806084
and you would be absolutely correct
>>
>>25807820
i take it youve never rebuilt an engine then either?
>>
>>25803886
Yeah, fuck those people trying to use their "imagination" to come up with "amusing scenarios."
>>
File: picarto.jpg (39 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
picarto.jpg
39 KB, 350x350
You guys think ponies are vulnerable to these?
>>
>peanut butter and jelly sandwich

You know OP, it's one thing to have ponies amazed by human technology, because we legitimately do have some impressive things that they don't, but for fuck's sake, I'm pretty sure they've eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the fucking show before. At the very least, they've eaten sandwiches (in fact I can distinctly remember Twilight eating a daisy sandwich in the third fucking episode), and I know they have jam/jelly because of zap apple jam.
>>
>>25807788
>thinking it's paper
it's more cloth than anything
>>
>"ANON, YOU BREATHE ROCKET FUEL?"
>>
>>25811150

and then anon was a rocket.
>>
>>25807632
Anon, engine breaking is standard practice on UK roads. I can count the amount of guys know with automatics on one hand.

Thinking about driving without a clutch just makes me uncomfortable
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101 KB, 1366x768
>>25811280

There's enough hills there for it to really be a thing, yeah. But like I said, with an automatic, you can still engine break. Pic related would probably use 1 for gravel roads, 2 for lower speed, and probably be fucked on a motorway. My own car i dont have a picture of has L-2-3, with L for gravel, 2 for slower roads, and 3 for interstate. It gives the same functionality, so people with automatics don't fuck their brakes. I live someplace so flat, you don't ever need to worry about engine breaking, however.
>>
>>25803844
What, do you ponies not recycle your aluminum cans?
>>
File: 1450472714281.gif (1 MB, 178x274) Image search: [Google]
1450472714281.gif
1 MB, 178x274
>>25809549
Yah! Fuck things like "canon" and "character consistency!"
>>
File: 1371922528525.png (287 KB, 695x549) Image search: [Google]
1371922528525.png
287 KB, 695x549
>>25803886

Because they're brain dead retards when humans aren't involved, too?
>>
>>25803967
Not only that, they've got literal gods running things who *don't* need to re-learn a lifetime of qualifications every generation in order to keep doing their jobs.

They should be more advanced than us, if anything.
>>
>>25813476
Just further proof of Celestia's incompetence.
>>
>>25811280
Right? I tried driving my cousin's car last week or so. Damn near ripped off the selector handle.
>>
>>25813476
>>25813502
Well, to be fair, a lot of technological advancement came from war and competing nations.
From what we can tell, there hasn't been a war or conflict in a thousand years, so there isn't much incentive to advance.
>>
>>25807660
wow... fucking this.
>>
File: 56546546546546546.png (304 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
56546546546546546.png
304 KB, 1920x1080
>>25804818
>AE-86
>Automatic Transmission
>>
File: applebloom smirk.png (157 KB, 416x697) Image search: [Google]
applebloom smirk.png
157 KB, 416x697
>>25810982
That's a picture of Canadian bills.

We switched over to polymer bills a few years ago.

The $100 bills are scratch and sniff maple syrup.
>>
bumpan
>>
>>25803886
It's not so much about them being stupid as it is about how they're an intelligent species with a society totally different from ours. People like to speculate on how an outsider would respond to things we consider normal.
>>
someone show twilight a ball point pen instead of a quill
>>
>>25809655
Ponies are susceptible to boops because of the same anatomical quirks that allow those devices to work.
>>
>>25811180
Anon is team rocket
>>
>>25803886
It's cute
>>
>>25805439
Made my day.

...but will there be any more green? Was the writefriend scared away by the new knowledge of transmissions?
>>
>>25804325
>"nuke vs magic"
Its whoever fires first. Magic can level multiple mountains. Castle bravo can spread radiation over thousands of miles.
>>
>>25815563
no I meant Anon and you referring to US currency as paper. It's mostly cotton
>>
>>25819859
>castle bravo
>not the originally designed Tsar Bomba
>100MT yield
it's like you want them to live
>>
>>25809663
I missed you
>>
>>25819900
Well, we canf irradiate ALL of their resources. How would we get the free shit?
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.