[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crystal Warlock #2.5 CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 119
File: The Student.jpg (753 KB, 1920x1398) Image search: [Google]
The Student.jpg
753 KB, 1920x1398
Previous Thread: >>25723713

Previously:
>Your name is Aurora Flare.
>You are an apprentice of King Sombra.
>You are among the very few who serve King Sombra willingly.
>You were tasked with finding a way to destroy the Crystal Heart. Days Left: 6/7
>You are in a possession of a powerful, dark artifact named The Crystal Note.
>You found information about several magical artifacts which could possibly be able to do it.
>Royal Enchanter has asked you to check about a place called “Dread Layer” in the Crystal Mines.
>While visiting the kitchen, you have interrupted and followed a thief into the Underground Canals.

>================
Inventory:
>Butter Knife
>Peeling Knife
>Kitchen Knife
>The Crystal Note:
> [Spell] [Brightness Unfold]
> [Spell] [Telekinesis]
>>
>>25799433
Who did this thief take you for? After pushing some of the food supplies into the slow current you raise your head and peer around the area, searchingly. The only thing you manage to hear at first is the sound of the running water, echoing far in the long distance. You close your eyes and then… a quiet, almost silent breath and miserable misstep of something behind the further pillar can be heard.

You do not give him or her the reason to suspect you, but you still grip the handle of your knife and move yours weakened, hungering body for a prepared defense in case the figure wishes to attack first.

You had to do this delicately.
>>
>>25799437
Yell "Jumanji!". That should help
>>
>>25799782
no no no

Yell ''RULES OF NATURE'', that works everytime
>>
>>25799437
Have the crystal note trip them up so we can move to engage.

Would using emotions help, like the force or something? Channel our hate of this theif to cast the spell.
>>
You insensibly remove the Crystal Note from your backpack, making it seems as if you picked up some of the fruits. Holding it behind you with one of your hooves you turn the pages as silently as possible before moving your eyes straight towards the pillar and the pony behind it. With a loud, obnoxious shout of something incomprehensible you startle the thief making it jump straight towards you.

With cold, ordering tone you spell out the Telekinesis formula inside the Crystal Note trying to, if not reason, control the magic of the spellbook. You try to think of all the things you could hate about the thief, its arrogance, pride, how it ignored you or thought of you stupid enough to fall for its tricks.

The spell… works as usual, no worse or better. The field of magic surrounds the torso of the pony and with a whirl, like a release of a whip, sends head over hooves into the stone pavement in front of you.
>>
>>25800085
If they're stunned try to hold them down and threaten them with our knife. Ask them just what exactly they thought they were doing.
>>
File: tmp_24498-145029267830195074038.png (297 KB, 391x423) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24498-145029267830195074038.png
297 KB, 391x423
>>25799433
Reminder that sombra likes small fillies.
>>
>>25800246
This.
>>
>>25800085
Tell the thief to share or get shredded
>>
File: Shit Art #23.png (23 KB, 718x542) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #23.png
23 KB, 718x542
The moment the pony is slammed against the stone floor you rush towards him or her and push you long, heavy knife as far to its throat as you can. The thief, in response, forces its hoof on your way. You can see an angry, hostile glare in its eyes before it attempts to push your weak body off but you were not going to allow the thief the pleasure of bucking you. Moving your legs around its body you move the knife even close, ripping the front of the heavy robes as your sharp knife barely touches them.

“I’ve got you.” You say hastily, catching your breath.

The pony grunts in response and tries to crawl for one last time before it finally consents to its position.

With a heavy sigh, the pony looks at you with, probably fake, defeat and question with a very soft voice.

“You did,” she says.

“What do you think you’re doing?” you try to sound as cold and strong as possible. If this was really a mare and not some colt with a very femine voice, she was much bigger and stronger than you. You could not allow her to have an opening of any sorts.

“I’m stealing, what does it look like? That food belongs to everyone.”
>>
>>25800738
If it belongs from everyone, you are stealing from everyone. Don't you deserve a punishment for this?

What now, smart mare?
>>
>>25800779
to*
>>
>>25800738
I can't allow you to steal from his Highness' kitchens. You're going to come with me.

Make them take they're robes off.
>>
>>25800738
Has she stolen from the castle before? Are there other secret entrances she knows about?
>>
File: Shit Art #24.png (22 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #24.png
22 KB, 720x539
“If it belongs to everypony, which means that you just stole from all of them!” You say enthusiastically.

You can see the mare rolling her eyes beneath the shadow, after which she responds with a snarl:
“You think you’re so clever, eh? I’m sure that’s how logic works in Tyran’s universe.”

“Don’t speak of His Majesty like that!” you say, moving the sharp knife even closer, it’s edge cutting through the heavy linen of the fabric. “Have you stole before; are there any other secret entrances?”

You felt a sudden rush of power as you have a life of somepony in your hooves. You did not allow the strange sensation to cloud your judgment but you still felt really weird about this feeling. With a push you move closer than possible to the mare’s face. Your glare is filled with enmity.

“Yeah,” she begins, “Tons of them! I steal under yours and the tyrant’s nose all the time.”

You could not see it behind the face cloth and the long hood but you could swear the mare grinned at you after saying those words. She did not take you seriously at all, or she had some backup plan that you were not aware of. You spit the knife into your hoof and push it into the position you were holding it before with your mouth: her neck.

“Don’t try anything funny, or I won’t hesitate to do it. Undress, you’re going with me.”

She slowly stands up on her front legs under your precise gaze and the deadly weapon near her neck.

“What are you gonna do, Flare. Stab me?”
>>
>>25801127
Stab her.
>>
Only right answer>>25801238
>>
>>25801238
>>25801319

Yes.
>>
She asked for it, you did not think straight. With a swift motion the knife slices through the fabric and then… zings, as if hitting something that was not flesh. In your moment of hesitation the tall mare bites the knife with her teeth and then kicks you away with her elbow, making you fall on your rear.

As you attempt to stand up and do anything, really, the mare throws the heavy piles which were her robes at you and jumps straight into the canal current, beginning to rapidly swim away as she taunts you with a very annoying, insulting blabber that you can’t fully hear. She also showed you the hoof.

You could see that she had a dark-violet coat and surprisingly dark, green mane. It didn’t really matter how he looked as you had to act fast to catch her.
>>
>>25801127
How do you know my name.
>>
>>25801436
Let her go, we have a description and the fact that she knows our name.
>>
>>25801436

Make an inform about the case then move on.
>>
>>25801436
JUST report this to Sombra.

I already feel sorry for that mare.
>>
File: Shit Art #25.png (17 KB, 718x542) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #25.png
17 KB, 718x542
You decided against following an unknown mare that probably they knew those canals ten times better than you. You didn’t want to end up wet, hurt or dead. Giving some insight about the way the mare looked so that the guards could arrest anyone suspicious was a good idea but you were uncertain if the Fidelity Helm wearing ponies were even going to listen to you.

Telling all of this to the green earth pony was... well, you had to consider that very strongly. Reporting to His Majesty was a risky idea just as well. It would all be so much easier if Golden Shield was still around but... You sighed, looking around the area for the brown bag that the mare obviously left somewhere around here, as she didn’t have it with her when she jumped into the water. It took you some time, but you managed to find it. Your stomach rumbled as you saw all manners of food and preserves inside of it. You had to eat something and think of other things afterwards.

It was too heavy for you to bring back by yourself; will the slaves get here in time? Did you want to risk their lives?
>>
>>25801832
She probably won't hurt the slaves. It's Wax's job. Fucking psycho.
>>
>>25801832
Eat a little of the food then do the hardest to bring back the bag.
>>
>>25801832
What? How are the slave's lives at risk?
>>
>>25801884
Inform sombra about the bag and wax the psycho bastard.

Tell him that you are a little mare that wants to feel safe.
>>
>>25801900
There's a potential in Aurora's eyes that the Big Mare will attack them if she sends the slaves to retrieve the bag. Up to you, really.
>>25801922
>Wax the psycho bastard.
?
>>
You feast as much as possible on all the rich varieties of oats, berries, vegetables and fruits, filling your stomach with the much needed food. When you finally feel yourself full you estimate the heaviness of the bag and then you begin to push and crawl it all the way towards the entrance to the kitchen from the small hole that lead into the underground canals. How the thief managed to possibly push the bag through it you could not understand as any way you tried the bag would simply not fit.

This was good enough. The mare won’t dare to come here when the kitchen is working and all the slaves and guards are awake and active. By then you can simply order… ask the slaves to raise the bag! Good thinking Aurora! As you climb up the hole you observe the damage your little infighting did to the kitchen and just for a moment you feel just a bit guilty about the cleaning not-you was going to do.

Hardest part was stopping the thief, and you did that part masterfully. You leave the kitchen as soon as you can and silently trot through the empty halls towards the locked, tall door of the King himself. When you knock, though, you realize that the King is absent and is probably asleep in his private chambers. The first place he visits was going to be the kitchen…

Is there anything else you wish to do before heading towards the Crystal Mines?
>>
>>25802054
Is the new guard around to tell her about the thief? Anywho, equip robes before going into mines.
>>
>>25802054
Burp and talk loud about how perfect and handsome is the master.

>>25801930
Yes, I just read it loud. Sorry for the lewl image.
>>
>>25802112
Follow this suggestion.
>>
File: Shit Art #26.png (21 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #26.png
21 KB, 680x511
You say a few nice words about His Majesty and how much he needed his beauty sleep just in case he was watching or listening to you. You then visit your private chambers, still as dark as ever, to pull open the dusty and very heavy cupboard and take out the only noticeable and wearable cloth robe. Despite a few cuts and some itching marks, probably ewe’s bugs, it was still comfortable and would probably help you in the journey deep underground.

While you were heading through the corridors towards the exit from the palace you attempt to find either sight of any slaves, guards or the new Royal Guard but you fail to do so. Where you do end up finding the earth ferret is arguing with Wax Candle barely next the cavern entrance, her voice muffled by the heavy metal helmet she was wearing. It was Golden Shield’s metal helmet.

“I’m telling you, I’m not going anywhere until you let me see the ponies,” she said.

“And I’m telling you, I don’t care. Go away,” Wax Candle answered without any enthusiasm.

“I want to see-“

“-It’s a heavy job, but nopony is dying over there.”

“Let me in!” she shouted, taking arrogant steps towards Wax Candle, who was already raising his whip in return.

>What do?
>>
>>25802488
If Sombra wakes up and finds out that she was here arguing instead of dealing with the theft, she'll be in a load of trouble. Tell her to return to the castle to deal with it and the description of the thief. Ask Wax about the Dread Layer and if he can think of a slave with that description.
>>
>>25802564
This.
>>
Ask golden shower for help. It is guards job to take care tge thief case, not the slaves.

Tell wax candle to wax king sombra carrot because he order to.
>>
“Royal Overseer is right,” you say, making the two of them turn their heads towards you. “There was a thief in the Crystal Palace and you were not there to stop her.”

“A thief?” the green mare (you really had to learn her name) asks you, looking at Wax Candle for answers after your nod. The Overseer raises his shoulders nonchalantly. He gives you a wink.

“Yes, stealing food and kitchen supplies. Violet coat, green mane,” you describe, taking a step to stand before the two of them. “Green eyes as well, do any of the slaves fit the description, Wax Candle?”

“None of the injured and hoofless ones,” Wax Candle smirks, “I’ll check it for you, Royal Aurora.”

“…Thank you,” you say without any happiness in your voice.

“Stop calling them slaves, they are ponies just like you,” the earth mare says.

“Yes-yes, you better go back to your patrol before she’ll try to steal something else,” he says.

“…I’ll be back, Overseer, you’re going to give me a “tour” like it or no-“

But Wax Candle was already in complete ignorance of some “Royal Guard”, his attention now completely on you. With a bright smile he closed the distance and put his hoof on your head. You flinched.

“I expected you to be a little bit more trampled and injured after yesterday. Happy that’s not the case, Royal Aurora,” he says, the sound of earth mare’s trotting hooves louder than his voice.
>>
>>25803030

“Listen, Royal Overseer,” you say with the most official tone possible, straightening your back, “I’m here on important matter-“

“Here you go again,” he says with disappointment, moving his hoof away as he takes a few steps back and nods at you, “Alright, that’s at least some form of attention from you.”

“I’m here to ask you about a thing called the ‘Dread Layer’,” you begin, “You know anything?”

He was still looking as goofy as ever, not surprised or feared by the mentioned of it:
“Yes, we breached the inner layer through some deep soil. I’m not sure where that name came from, but I’ve already gathered a ‘suicide’, just a name, group to explore it. Why do you ask?”

That's all for today, thank for being here. I hope the thread doesn't die until the next time.
>>
>>25803036
I think that fucker has a crush on us.
>>
>>25803091
ditch him.
I hate that scared little faggot.
how can someone use whip on such cute ponies?.
>>
>>25803036
sleep tight vincent
>>
>>25803036
The Royal enchanter wanted to know. Unless there is anything else you need Wax I will be going back to my tasks.
>>
>>25803140
Maybe he wants us to whip him?
>>
>>25803036
Tell him we were sent by the royal alchemist and that we can chat on the way, that should keep the son of a bitch content enough to not get in our way while saving time
>>
>>25805397
Kek, no.
>>
Everyone knowns slavemasters are submissive.
>>
>>25806897
What makes you think that?
>>
>>25807341
Because when you are in power 24/7 it gets tiresome.
>>
>>25807351
>
>>
>>25807351
Oh anon, evil doesn't understand the no consequence.

You never get tired of power, you always want more. Like a drug.
>>
I'll bump.
>>
“The Royal Enchanter wanted to know-“

“-Enchanter? Who’s that?” Wax Candle says, his eyes clearly interested in you more than the topic.

“How can you not know?” you ask with fake surprise. You had no right to ask, you yourself have only found out about his existence a mere day ago. “He’s of his Majesty’s loyal servants as well, you know! Doing important… research, yeah.”

“Eh,” he lifts his shoulders in a shrug, “Must be pretty unimportant if this is the first time I hear about him. I believe you, though, Royal Aurora. Good weather, isn’t it?”

“Royal Overseer,” you say, your voice full of annoyance,”It’s cloudy and gloomy. Can we discuss the ‘Dread Layer’ instead? Please, this is important.”

You see a couple of tarnished and weak ponies stopping before the two of you, observing the conversation very closely. They were unclean and hungry, their coats hidden beneath the thick layer of dirt and ash. Wax Candle grabs their immediate, fearful attention with a loud snap of his whip.

“I see someponies do not want proper meal shares? Well, you are better off death if you two are going to be lazing around. Share the last lantern and get back to work! A crystal a day keeps the princess away!” he grins at them, his fang showing.

The ponies couldn’t respond, their bodies, trembling from fear and cold alike, were pushing against each other. Their heads fell as low to the ground as possible in a pathetic bow. With Wax’s acknowledge, they moved towards the crates and picked up an old, rusty lamp with a dimly glowing crystal inside of it. Then, they disappeared into the caverns, their steps slow and sluggish.

“All I can tell you is that we breached the layer and, as I said before, we… well, the slaves are going to investigate what this ‘layer’ holds exactly. I can share when they return, Royal Aurora. Just for you.”He winks at you.

>What now?
>>
>>25808937
>I can share when they return, Royal Aurora. Just for you.”He winks at you.
He's clearly flirting. Ask if he wants to go get something to eat some time or what he's doing this weekend.
>>
>>25808937
Tell him to fuck off because he is a disgusting pig and that we can find the layer ourselves.
>>
File: Shit Art #27.png (20 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #27.png
20 KB, 680x511
“So,” you begin slyly, “About that ‘talk’ you wanted to have with me. When are you free?”

Wax Candle stares at you, a surprise, which you haven’t seen quite a while, adoring his face. After an awkward pause, he cleans his throat and smiles with you ‘I thought so’ expression.

“Well, I’m doing what I do best, overseeing the slaves. Unless you have any other ideas, Royal Aurora, I’m free after the mining operations are over; in the evening. I can get us something juicy.”

You can see Wax Candle basically gleaming, clearly happy he got the attention he wanted from you.
>>
>>25809611
No, ugh
He will put some drug inside the food.

Ditch him
>>
>>25809611
I'll see if I'm not too busy with my tasks.
>>
You begin to think that this might not be the best idea... but your life and tasks ahead were worth way more than your simple discomfort. You shudder, and then look at him with innocent and genuine smile. He responds to you with the same emotions, turning to look at the horizon for just a moment. With a simple nod he fixates his mining helmet over his head, lights up a completely new candle and switches it with the barely burning, old one, throwing that away somewhere into the pile of rubble.

“If I’m free of my very busy schedule,” you say, “I’ll see.”

“I know you’ll find the time for a friend,” he manages to say with confidence before most of his body, and then his waving hoof as well, disappear into the shadow veil of the mining entrance.

Well, you managed to do something successfully. What now?
>>
>>25809755
Go tell the Royal Enchanter that they have reached the Dread Layer.
>>
>>25809846
This
>>
The only way to reach the ‘Alchemist Laboratory’, at least the only one you were aware of, was through the throne room. You adjust your robes, slightly happy you had decided not to go into the mines just yet. As you enter the long spiral staircase you fall into a trot, happy to be able to deliver the information to the alchemist. You feel like an errand mare but despite that, you think that it was breath of fresh air compared to all the time you had spend in your chambers and library.

Of course, the door was locked. It was about time for King Sombra to be awake and hopefully, he was in the kitchen dealing with both, the Royal Guard and the thief problem. As you knock a few times with your hoof, you get no reaction. None of Sombra’s hisses or any other noises follows, which means that he hopefully was indeed absent. The door though was too heavy, if not impossible, to open with your hooves. It was not locked, but it was very heavy. You could muster to close it, but opening it was another problem entirely.

>What is the plan now?
>>
>>25810175
Fetch a slave for some extra muscle.
>>
>>25810175
They are using us, return to king sombra and ask him were crystal heart is.

Ask him if he tried to smash the crystal whit his hoof or something.
>>
>>25810242
The Crystal Heart is inside the throne room.
>>
>>25810242
That's the very first thing we tried.

>>25810175
Reatreat to our room and speak with note. We need power if we are to accomplish anything.
>>
>>25810351
>>25810268

Tomorrow we try harder or ask him to do it.
>>
>>25810351
I'd really rather not risk a deal with the note until we try to find other artifacts at the dragons den. I guess we'll be leaving for the den tomorrow instead of today?
>>
File: Shit ARt #28.png (32 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
Shit ARt #28.png
32 KB, 720x539
You rush towards the nearby window and spot a teal slave with a very short mane outside, her front legs in chains. She is crawling through the empty streets, obviously free for one reason or another from the mining operations. She is small, smaller than you; perhaps much younger than you as well. You hated doing this but sitting near a locked door waiting for His Majesty like a dog was not in your plans. You call the slave with a loud shout and motion towards yourself, your order carrying very cold tone to it.

“You, slave. Over there! Yes, you. I require your help; you can climb to me through the main entrance.”

She looks scared at first, her hooves reluctantly slumbering towards the exit. She knew she couldn’t not follow your orders, but it was obvious she did not want to do that either. You trot towards her crawling figure and then you grab her hooves, ‘helping’ her way towards the door.

She shrieked, of course she did. It was the door leading to King Sombra’s room after all…

“Help me with opening it,” you said coldly. You push your hooves against the heavy wooden surface of the door, putting all of your strength into it.

“D-do I have to?” she asks, her voice trembling.

“…You can leave once you help me,” you answer calmly.

The mare forces herself on her rear legs, her chains loudly clinging with an echo. With a try, a second, and a third the door begins to creak and then, with some force, it hinges. It was way easier to open it wide from there, and once you do, the mare stops as if frozen. You suddenly feel and hear a sound of something resembling a… heartbeat and then, you notice the slave looking to where the Crystal Heart was located, it’s weak glow, even beneath the thick velvet veil, still visible in the court for the two of you.

>What now?

Sorry for taking so long. I'll be ending here for today.
>>
>>25810965
Tell her she did a good job and that we did not mean to startle her, and that she may go. Shoot, I wish we had something in our inventory to give away to distract her from whats in the room, did we squirrel away any food into our own bag earlier instead of eating everything we took?
>>
I forgot to add to the inventory the Luxurious Bookmark, just noticed. Bad move on my part.
>>
>>25811242
Okay
>>
>>25799433
Faggot
>>
File: 1399483980685.gif (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1399483980685.gif
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>25813091
Wrong thread or just in the mood to tell everyone a bit about yourself?
>>
>>25810965
Tell her in a polite, roundabout way to get lost.
>>
As per my solemn vow given in /cyoag/, I will now bump all eighteen CYOAs currently in the catalog to keep them alive through the night.
>>
>>25815917
wow good luck
>>
I'm afraid this thread will be long dead before I return from work...
>>
>>25817458
Ded
>>
>>25817458
It's a rotten shame that people don't seem to want to post actions until they know you're back, most other cyoa's will argue among each other all night about everything from the decision to the most off topic shit until the QM comes back, but that doesn't seem to be the case here...
>>
>>25817522
Quite. I wish I knew what the problem was so I could fix it, if that makes sense.
>>
>>25817542
I'd just post and ask for advice in cyoa, maybe getting a drawfag in here who isn't as awful as I am will help? I dunno man, there's only so much I can do with what's given as a single poster.
>>
File: Item for you.jpg (340 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Item for you.jpg
340 KB, 1024x768
>>25817565
>>25817522
this

I think there is need of more anons.
>>
>>25814271
>>25811218

These. Add in that for her own safety, she should forget what she has seen.
>>
>>25811218
>>25814271
>>25817733

thank her for the help, ask for her name and whisper in her ear that everything will be okay.
>>
>>25817565
Can't force people to play and draw. Just means that the Quest is not that interesting, which I can only continue to improve upon. Glad somebody participates, that's enough.

Will write a continuation soon.
>>
File: Shit Art #29.png (28 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #29.png
28 KB, 680x511
You lower your head at the dazed mare, her gaze completely set on the Crystal Heart. She tries to say something but she’s too shocked or charmed by the very presence of the artifact. You can see a dim, pink glow in her eyes as her heartbeat grows louder and louder. A simple glimpse into the Heart has given her hope and warmth, something you thought was long forgotten.

“I hope you understand that nopony should hear about this?” you whisper to her. You accidently made it sound quite menacingly.

“Y-yes. P-please don’t hurt me! I swear I’ll be silent,” she cries, moving her hooves over her head.

“What.” you say, confused by such a reaction. You move your hoof against her cheek as gently as possible, still making the pony flinch and squeak. “I’m not going to hurt you. You helped me a lot.”

“I…I did?” she asks with a note of hesitation, looking at you with her baby blue eyes.

“Yes. You did a good thing. I’ll find a way to thank you,” you pause for a moment, “What’s your name?”

“My name is… Yellow Sunstone,” she says.

You question, “…But you are not yellow.”

“I know,” she says awkwardly and shamefully.

You are more than confused at this, but you decide to remain silent. With delicacy you turn the pony around herself in half a circle and then, with the same tenderness, you push her towards the staircase leading to the exit. She looks at you, a bit worried, but you give her a reassuring smile that she hopefully acknowledges. Once the slave leaves your expression turns to the fake grim you’ve been trying to keep.

You silently enter the royal chambers, passing the Crystal Heart with little hesitancy on your way. You take a few steps in the darkness, being just a bit lost before you stop in front of very inconspicuous door. You knock it loudly several times but, for some reason, Ginger Spice does not respond. You take a closer look at the door, strange symbols decorating some of it, as if a riddle.
>>
>>25818744
Up left right down?
>>
>>25818744
>spaghetti dropped.
Take a closer look at symbols.
>>
File: Shit Art #30.png (36 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #30.png
36 KB, 680x511
>>25819260
You take a few steps closer to take a better look at the riddle. There are four “slots” with round crystals inside of each one. Under the slots are wooden arrows which can be turned in a circle motion. Each one of the four crystals has an engraving on itself. Yellow one has a sun, blue one has a moon, pink one has the heart and the violet one has some kind of crystal surrounded in boiling shadow. Presumably, each engraving represents the princesses. You can hear some kind of clocks and gears inside the mechanism.
>>
>>25819422
>>25818744
Checked

Also we need more information about this, ask the king? I don't know. Help me anon.
>>
>>25819468
Fuck if I know but we're not asking the king to open a door for us.
>>
>>25819422
Maybe it's some kind of clock.
It will be open when the time is right.

We could accelerate the process whit explosives or high damage.

Try to force the door whit magic or another item.

Also check the room. Perhaps we miss something.
>>
>>25819422
>the violet one has some kind of crystal surrounded in boiling shadow
>Presumably, each engraving represents the princesses
Oh boy, I hope that's an evil princess
>>
You carefully remove a peeling knife and the Crystal Note from your backpack, inspecting the riddle itself and the wooden door for any sorts of clues. With no success, you force the knife’s blade into the mechanism and then you attempt to force it open with a pull and a crunch. Suddenly, your knife gets stuck, the gears inside the door going into a mad and loud discord.

All four arrows begin to twist and turn in full circles, gaining and losing their speed with a loud shake and grumbling rumble. You notice the “Moon” and the “Crystal Heart” symbols switching inside the mechanism to be replaced with black circles during some unspecific moments when some arrows were pointed towards some of the engraved crystals. With some force, you manage to remove the knife from the mechanism, returning all the arrows and slots into their original position.

>Do you want to try to solve it or continue breaking it?
>>
>>25819781
Sombra a princes
>>
>>25819785
Continue to try to solve it. Place the knife in a different angle.
>>
You push the knife back into the mechanism with uncertainty. You were barely able to pull it out the last time, yet you didn’t have any other bright ideas besides this one. You still do it, and all of the arrows loudly jam. You could no longer turn them by hoof while the knife was stuck inside. You begin to twist the knife handle from another side but all you can hear in return are the sudden stopping and grinding of the gears and mechanisms. You are more than certain that King Sombra doesn’t have to go through all of this to visit the Royal Enchanter…
>>
>>25820050
While the knife is stucktry to manipulate the symbols. Or just hit them.
>>
File: Shit Art #31.png (36 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #31.png
36 KB, 680x511
You make a very careful attempt to recreate the previous condition of the wooden arrows, trying to adjust the mechanism to work with you, not against you. With a proper turn and push the gears twist into mad motion. You raise the blade from inside the riddle like it was a pile of sand. You do it very slowly. You wait, you listen and then, when you can hear the proper, fluent clang inside the riddle you force the knife back into place, jamming the mechanism.

You inspect it again, this time; one of the wooden arrow’s location having been changed. The engraved crystal of the “moon” was now pointed towards the one with the “sun”, although for some reason that made the crystal of the “moon” be replaced with a void blank slot.

You managed to “break” the first piece of the puzzle; it was a good start.
>>
>>25820308

Force each arrow to point to the crystal next to it in a clockwise motion - push sun towards heart, heart to shadowvoid, shadowvoid to moon.
>>
>>25820349
This
>>
File: Shit Art #31.png (33 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #31.png
33 KB, 680x511
You attempt to make the wooden arrows and their corresponding crystals go clockwise. First you set the “moon” arrow towards the “sun”, and it turns into a “black slot” as soon as you do it. Then you set the “sun” arrow towards the “heart” one and as soon as you do it, the “sun” slot follows suit and becomes an empty, black one.

Now all that was left was to set the “heart” arrow towards the shadow one, and you do just that. With a pause, the “heart” crystal dims and rolls out, being replaced by the same shadow as before. You move your hoof to turn the last arrow but then, you suddenly stop; the mechanism inside begins to roll and screech before the door slowly opens with a clutter. It seems the “shadow” was in correct position.
>>
>>25820498
Open door, be careful cus there could be traps.
>>
>>25820573

Yeah, open up with care, although it is doubtful there should be traps. You never know.
>>
You open the door fully and look around, noticing no apparent traps. You slowly and carefully begin ascending down the staircase through the glooming, blue glow illuminated from the strange, Sombra’less crystals. For some reason you feel very relaxed, even a little bit happy near them, as if they had some special, magical properties that you were not aware crystal lanterns had. Then, you realize who you were about to approach: a specialist in crystal magic! An alchemist, you heard a lot of bad stuff about alchemists. You quickly stuff your nose and muzzle with your hoof, trying not to breathe in much of the strange “magic” as possible. You even close your eyes, who knows how it works?

When you approach the “bookshelf” door it was already raised and wide open. Ginger Spice, looking tired and a bit like a lunatic, is awaiting you there. The Royal Enchanted narrows his eyes at you and gasps, surprising you tremendously:

“You are not King Sombra!” he yelps, surprising you “How did you solve my puzzle? - Do I know you?”
>>
>>25820735
Tell him that we don't know how we even get here in the first place.
Also tell him that we are sombra and we know his name. Just for fun.
>>
>>25820735

We met earlier, don't you recall? The Dread Layer has been breached and shall soon be explored. What do you want to know when it has been?

Also inquire on what he is doing aside from waiting for the King.
>>
>>25820795

Ha, actually, I change my vote to this.
>>
>>25820809
He is high, we can mess him up while he can't defend himself.
>>
File: Shit Art #32.png (45 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #32.png
45 KB, 680x511
“Do you know the way out? I’m kind of lost,” you ask of Ginger Spice with a straight face.

The Enchanter looks at you with his eyes wide open, barely able to hold his breath. He uncomfortably wobbles and sways. You peek inside the alchemy laboratory and you notice that it’s even in more disarray than previously, and it’s only been a day; there are a few black marks on the floor and bright, hissing crystal in shape of a triangle on top of some very sturdy, locked crates. You see a big amount of ripped and shredded books laying on both the desk and floor, destroyed by his hooves.

“I’m Sombra,” you say, trying to imitate the King’s hiss.

“You areh… Noh. The King ish… I needh some…” he puts his hoof over your head, grasping and clawing at your face for a moment as if you were a wall that could help him find his balance. You offer him an annoyed, angry glare and barely noticing it, he slowly turns and begins to stumble towards his alchemy desk. You can notice some sort of metal flash laying on it, recognizing the target of his pursuit.

I can't believe some people manage to draw something that's actually good and write down a prompt in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>25821426
>*flask
>>
>>25821426

Tell him you demand to know what he is doing here with all this destruction of books and such.
>>
>>25821426
Oh oh, I think he said the king is dead, that means sombra, wax, and any other dark pony we meet might be controlled by some dark influence.
If this is true we should show him the crystal note.
>>
>>25821426
First, tell him to sober the fuck up, if we were really sombra he's be dead. Then ask what he was trying to accomplish.
>>
>>25813374
Wrong thread desu senpai.
>>
up
>>
File: tmp_16417-145056701399995074038.gif (658 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16417-145056701399995074038.gif
658 KB, 200x160
>>25823444
Triple !
>>
save
>>
Crystal Note is shit.
>>
Hey guys, what potential spells could we ask of Sombra to give us? So far he had been a very bad teacher. Surprise.
>>
>>25825513
Apparently we need to sell our life and soul and anything else to the crystal note to gain any scrap of power.
>>
File: 1450582915313.jpg (40 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1450582915313.jpg
40 KB, 500x404
>>25825530
>Apparently we need to sell our life and soul and anything else to the crystal note to gain any scrap of power.
that would be a terrible idea. we should Tell sombra to touch us something becouse we are his apprentice.
>>
>>25825564
We did but he basically said fuck off and figure it out yourself.
>>
>>25825590
Damn it, we should spank his bad master butt.
>>
File: Stupid Sexy Sombra.png (285 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Sexy Sombra.png
285 KB, 1024x724
>>25825564
>we should Tell sombra to touch us
>>
>>25825618
>hot
>>
File: fff_by_wynnchi-d9kidyx.png (272 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
fff_by_wynnchi-d9kidyx.png
272 KB, 650x650
>>25825698
>pretty king
>>
File: sum fuck.jpg (178 KB, 637x690) Image search: [Google]
sum fuck.jpg
178 KB, 637x690
>>25826604
>>
File: Sombra.png (595 KB, 404x631) Image search: [Google]
Sombra.png
595 KB, 404x631
>>25826623
Sombra b4 transformation
>>
>>25825396
nou
>>
We should tell Sombra that he's he worst mentor imaginable.
>>
>>25828003
I know some less painful and way quicker suicide methods, to be honest.
>>
>>25828003
I think we should try.

>>25828719
It's not like he is going to kill us all... Right?
>>
File: Shit Art #33.png (1 MB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
Shit Art #33.png
1 MB, 720x539
Ginger Spice reaches for the wooden desk and, with a painful groan, picks up the flask. He then proceeds to tipple the content in one big scope. He stands still for a while, the sound of his loud, thirsty gulps echoing in the silently buzzing laboratory. While the old colt is busy you decide take a few steps around his working room, your eyes exploring the fascinating chaos. The “Crystal Alchemy”, as some called it, had always found a way to interest you. Regrettably, it was not your destiny to become one of alchemists. Ginger Spice, on other hand…

Once he completely empties the flask, you can see him looking relaxed and bored, like the very first time you met the enchanter. He looks at you with tired expression, swiftly cleaning his lips with his sleeve. For some reason, the potion had a side effect though. His facial expression twisted, hair grew longer than skin turned blue. You decided not to embarrass the enchanter.

“Are you sobered?” you ask with a note of sarcasm, “What happened?”

“I lockh the door for a reason,” he grunts displeasingly, motioning towards the red crystal,” I wash working.”

Strangely, now his entire body was slowly turning in a spiral, barely resembling a proper pony. You shake your head; you had to tell him about this weird side effect. Then, his table flashed in colors unimaginable, ranging from red to green to those you couldn’t ever remember the name of.

Then, you hear the loud hiss of the crystal. Well, you didn’t “hear” it as you… saw it. The noise, the burbpling, boiling bubbles each one carrying its own sound, its own melody. It was… beautiful.

‘How many hooves am I showing?’

You feel sick. You feel wonderful. You can touch the world. And the world can touch you.

You feel that if you reach out you can grasp the fabric of reality and force it into a paper plane.

The silhoute of Ginger Spice slowly bleeds out in bright blue hues before it begins to fade completely.

>What do?
>>
>>25829066
JUST try to hit him or ourselves. I think that the crystal he was 'working' with intoxicated us and we need to wake up. Only violence can help.
>>
>>25829066
Did that potion make us drunk?
>>
>>25829066
Reach out and boop the fucker
>>
As the strange, intoxicating veil begins to cover you fully, you raise your hind legs and buck them with all your strength. You feel your hooves turn mellow and soft on the impact, creating thousand of one winged butterflies in a colorful burst. Every other hit curls your vision, until you find yourself in an absolutely surreal landscape with absolutely implausible rules. A thorny vine begins to creep and surround your body, every slash and pierce of the thorns bringing you some sort of guilty pleasure. You also see a strange, flowing liquid flying alike a hornet from one rainbow spot tree to another.

>Will you try to escape it somehow?
>>
>>25830014
Yes, let the cold greyed out reality in our new life take root again
>>
You force yourself to sit up, despite the thorns going deeper and deeper into your skin. Pleasure is soon replaced with pain and despite the world around you making no sense and being as peaceful and relaxing as possible, you fear for your life. You feel the strongest emotions possible when you realize that your life is at risk. Your life is precious; it’s all you have.

You suddenly wake up in a gloomy, dark room. Judging by the vials and books surrounding you, it was the corner of the laboratory where the light of the crystal lanterns could not reach. A dark silhouette approaches you slowly, holding a metallic flask in his hooves. The rustling of the long robes and the fact that one of his ears were raised in a quirky manner, quickly allows you to deduct that this was the Royal Enchanter. He kneels before you, trying to jam the flask and liquid inside it into your mouth.

>It appears he thinks that you are still in the intoxicated trance. What do?
>>
>>25830263
Fuck it, let's drink it anyways and explain after
>>
>>25830335
This

Let's get drunk, let's get drunk!.
>>
You surround the neck of the flask with your lips, sipping the sweet, yet skunky at the same time, liquid. It had some notes of sugar, sea salt and ash; as well as being very biting on the tongue. It also had a recognizable, smoking taste, which closely resembled freshly grilled vegetables, especially carrots and onions… something you have not eaten in a long time. It made nostalgic and hungry for more. Within a minute or two all your senses return, as if someone pinched you in your sleep. The headache and acing pain, which you felt after the intoxicated “dream”, have completely vanished.

The enchanter removes the flask you have been awkwardly sucking like a foal and looks over you. He appears dissatisfied, all the grayish, olden strands in his mane standing straight.

“How many hoovesh am I showing?” he asks.

“None,” you smile a little in response, looking him the eyes. “You should stop with those-“

“-I didn’t expecth this to happen,” he says drily, “I just triedth to recreate-“

He notices your immediate attention on the subject and, like any stinker would do, he changes it. He says, “It just happensh when you work with crystalsh. Did you doh what I asked?”

You blink, “Oh…um yes, the ‘Dread Layer’ has been breached.”

“Have you been there? Didh you bring the samples?” he asks. Ginger Spice then loses all his interest in your well being and strolls towards the table to pick up a crystal carafe with glowing, blue liquid inside it, presumable the antidote he used for himself and you, and pour it straight into the flask.

You had to admit, he did it masterfully.
>>
>>25830544
Wasn't wax candle about to send a team to fetch stuff we could use for samples?
>>
>>25830544
Thank him ffor the cure.

Also dubs!
>>
“I didn’t go there,” you say, pausing for a moment, “There already was a party, I’m sure they’ll bring samples.”

You hear his heavy sigh, then the loud slam of the glass Carafe against the table’s surface and its piercing tremble. Oh, sure, just go into the unexplored depths and bring me some rocks, Aurora. It’s simple.

“That shouldh do, then,” he says distantly, forcefully closing the cap on the flask.

“Thanks for the cure. It helped,” you comment. He turns suddenly, like a rusty old mill, startling you.

“Yes. Always goodh to have one of those in theh Crystal Empire,” he says, and for the first time you hear a note of pride in his old voice. He then scruffs and trots towards you.

“Y-yes?” you ask, a bit scared of Ginger Spice’s unpredictable nature.

“… You said apprentieceh, correct?”

“Yes,” you say uncertainly.

Ginger Spice looks to his left, then to his right as if trying to find the correct words not to insult you. He rubs his neck, “What couldh the King possibly teach you?”
>>
>>25830863
I'm... not certain. So far he hasn't taught me much of anything.
>>
“I'm... not certain. So far he hasn't taught me much of anything,” you admit.

“Well, yesh,” he says, “I don’t think you’re a “Queen” apprentieceh… And magic? Can’t see a hornh.”

All his comments make you feel a bit uncomfortable. You begin to recall the time when Sombra’s offer was proposed to you. It was a big gathering of ponies, even before the majority of them were sent to fight in His Majesty’s wars. Like always, he was standing tall and stoic. If the Crystal Heart was once the center of hope and love, he had replaced it by himself, his powerful dark fracturing the “center” like a beacon of all that was wrong and evil.

You remember not daring to say a word when he approached the crowd back then, a single infidel sentence could spell and immediate doom. Despite the fact that he was speaking of future glory, conquest and the rise of the Crystal Empire, his words were cold and carried an uncanny, abyssal meaning. Most of the crystal ponies could see right through it, yet, he made little effort to hide it.

You remember him offering power unimaginable, knowledge unseen and status unreachable. All one had to do was to step under his mantle and become his student. Become an apprentice. A Crystal Warlock… And you dared. Fearing to become a slave, to shallow in misery and misfortune you took his offer as soon as you heard it, offering your hoof with no force or breaking of mind. Willingly!

But since then, you felt tricked. No power, no knowledge, barely any status.

“So,” the enchanter begins, forcing you to return to the present, “You wanth a ‘thank you’, I guessh?”

“That would be swell,” you smile.

“I have a transparenth jewel and this purple… pink gemh. They are both useless but unless you want something specific I do noth know what else to give you,” he raises his eyebrows.
>>
>>25831828
Show him the book and ask if he might know anything about it.
>>
File: tmp_14186-images(2)95074038.jpg (6 KB, 166x194) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14186-images(2)95074038.jpg
6 KB, 166x194
>>25831886
The dead note show him
>>
>>25831828
Are we feeling tricked enough to incite revolt yet?
>>
Wake up, thread.
>>
File: Bageled Ending.jpg (182 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bageled Ending.jpg
182 KB, 1024x768
Can’t Wake Up
>>
you get one bump from me.
>>
>>
>>25834725
that's just enough power
>>
File: 1371453255082.gif (546 KB, 471x471) Image search: [Google]
1371453255082.gif
546 KB, 471x471
Magic buddies with benefits bump
>>
File: tmp_31389-hqdefault95074038.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31389-hqdefault95074038.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>25834935
I have cancer
>>
File: how to make a cake on coub.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
how to make a cake on coub.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
>>25837946
>>
File: 1430734056022.gif (2 MB, 380x320) Image search: [Google]
1430734056022.gif
2 MB, 380x320
>>25838363
waiting for op
>>
I am surprised to find this thread still alive... I was afraid there was no interest besides one anon who always responded I'm very thankful to. I was about to give up, to be quite honest.
>>
File: tmp_7422-145037433969495074038.png (1 MB, 3800x3800) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7422-145037433969495074038.png
1 MB, 3800x3800
Bump
>>
>>25839224
Yes, we still here. I was offline for while.

Anyway, can we go back to the edge of the story, torturing slaves quite fascinates me
>>
>>25839242
Well, everyone has that one edgy thing they enjoy over the others. We can return to the story, yes. I just need to get some things quickly done as I just returned from work.
>>
>>25839254
>>
>>25839224

You run a good portion while I'm asleep (about to bed now), but I respond when I can. Also the story is turning to a more interesting set of things, so that's also good. Keep at it, Vincefriend.
>>
>>25839224
You actually have more than one player, it's just an impression. If we're all Anonymous, you can't tell us apart.
>>
>>25839298
This
>>
“Well,” you say, “I do have a request. I have this book-“

“A bookh?” he asks, his interest perked. Ginger Spice puts the gems, which he was planning to give you as a reward, away. They were beautiful and expensive, but overall – useless. He takes a few steps forward and onerously raises his hoof.

“Yes,” you say, hanging him the Crystal Note, “Does this remind you of anything?”

“Wellh,” he begins, his expression showing less curiosity and amazement than you hoped for, “Let’s see…”

He begins to spin the book in his hooves, looking at it from all the possible, and some impossible, angles. He leafs through the thin, parchment papers and caresses the rich silk cover. He stops, suddenly, his hoof on the red crystal convex that resembled a putrid, predatory eye. His eyes dart by the title name written with bold, white letters, trying to look as elegant yet uncanny as possible.

Without bothering to look at you, he says, “That’s a Quarts Eye, it’s hardh to find. Is it your diaryh?”

“Well, no. It’s-“

But you stop mid-sentence. Ginger Spice, without asking you for any kind of permission, was already hungrily searching through the empty pages of the note. You watch him carefully; expecting to learn of a way to properly handle the artifact. He looks at the black coal marks you left on the ‘Life Tap’ and “Spell Steal” spells, snickers a bit and turns, preparing to, you imagine, say something unkind about them.

He quickly turns his head back, though, his attention glued completely by the very few, original sentences inside the book. Ones which allowed the Crystal Note to create, and for you to call forth, the magic of both “Telekinesis” and “Brightness” spells. He manages to read the forgotten language you could not, his lips moving but his throat keeping his voice jailed.
>>
>>25840071
“Hm,” he clears his throat loudly, “Those don’t make senseh. What is thish exactly?”

You can see his eyes narrowing as he attempts to force his muzzle as close as possible towards the scriptures, “I knowh it’s olden, but these wordsh make no sense.”

>What do you tell him?
>>
>>25840077
tell him that they are blood magic spells(or magic words... whatever they are), and if he could translate the text.
>>
>>25840133
also tell him that the crystal note is cursed.

now he has touched it he will lose his eyebrowns in the next 3 days if he doesn't do it right
>>
>>25840077
Tell him about the Crystal Note.

>>25840143
This is not the time for pranks.
>>
>Tell about the Crystal Note
What about it exactly?
>>
File: 1450696342806.jpg (91 KB, 720x675) Image search: [Google]
1450696342806.jpg
91 KB, 720x675
>>25840218
>>25840230
the spells?
the magic?
why it was giving to us?
or if it is a secret mission...

we already prank him, a little more wouldn't hurt
>>
>>25840304
Why not all of the above? Secret mission?
>>
>>25840326
yes, secret mission... there is a chance that sombra may get angry whit us.
>>
“King Sombra called it the ‘Crystal Note’,” you say uncertainly, forcing him to flinch.

“’Crystal Note’? I never heard of such a thingh. Did he mention anythingh about it?”

“He said that, as his apprentice I am to learn to use it, “you say, inclining your head. “He taught me the words, a way to read these-,” you motion towards the scriptures, “spells.”

“Spells?” he questions, sternly rubbing his hoof against the paper surface.

“Yes, he said those were magical words to call for its… powers.”

“Well,” he says, observing his hoof, “they were not writtenh by a quill or a coal. There’s no substanceh, as if they were imprinted… into the paperh, that is. By magic.” He sniffs and licks it then.

“By magic?” you ask.

“Yes. I suspectedh that the King might have had just played you for a fool, but no, he gave you something interestingh.”

Well, that was a relief.

“Can you translate them?” you ask.

He shakes his head in negative, “No. I can read it, but the words make no senseh. Imagine learning a new languageh,” he looks at the imprinted symbols closely, making a pause. “No, a new alphabet and then trying to understand the words you read. It wouldn’t work.”

“So- You only know the alphabet?” you ask.

He grunts at you, apparently insulted, “No, I knowh the oldenh equestrian by hoof. But it’s like someone made a new language using its letters. You understand?”

You did, kind of. Not really.

“The Quartz Eye has some properties- It can develop a “will” on an objecth.”

“He said it’s a very dangerous artifact,” you lie bluntly.

“If it’s not explosive, it’s noth.”

“He said it was cursed,” you lie again.

“Curses are just side-effects of a chemical reaction-“
>>
>>25840407
It's alive and it takes sadistic pleasure in forcing us to use broken spells or forcing us into unfair contracts..
>>
>>25840464
So there is a chance of getting a curse
>>
“The book is alive,” you say, “It’s sentient.”

He nods, clearly unimpressed, “Yesh, that can be achieved in dozenh of ways.”

“When I make it use the spells they come up broken. For example, the “Brightness” spell-“

“-Ah, the Magical Kindergarten level,” he nods to himself.

“I-it is? That’s not the topic; doesn’t matter!” you scowl, “What I was trying to say is: it either blinds me or lights up a completely different area.”

The Enchanter strokes his invisible beard, pushing his hoof against his chin, “I see whath you mean by “broken”. Are youh sure this magical “book” isn’t just damaged?”

“I’ve seen the “spirit” of the Crystal Note, it tried to bargain with me!” you shout now, clearly embarrassed and angry that Ginger Spice was trying to imply you were stupid or (and) crazy.

“Have you accidently rubbed any sodium or sulfur on the eye?” he asks with with boredom.

“Of course… not.”

“That’s usually whath cause the “Quartz Eye” to melth.”

“Are you saying it was just a hallucination?” you ask, losing your temper rapidly.

“More thanh likely,” he opens the book and looks through its contents once again, as if reading a bedtime story.
>>
>>25840651
Let's ask him if he has any sodium or sulfur for reasons
>>
>>25840651
What we saw was a ghost of our past, Our dark side.

There must be more he could tell us, like why our magic is so weak/fragile.
>>
>>25840651
Sombra said he used this book to gain power and that he also made deals with it.
>>
You smile innocently at him, “Do you have any sulfur or sodium you don’t need?”

Ginger Spice rubs his sleeve against his nose, as if trying to hold or hide a nasty cough. It doesn’t follow. The colt lowers the sleeve low enough to look you in the eyes and comment, dryly and flatly, as if taking your request in all its seriousness.

“I do… needh all of it,” he says, “but I wouldn’t leth you do such a dangerous alchemy in here. Melted Quartz Eyeh does not stop at hallucinations, you knowh. You knowh how I got those burns?”

“What burns?” you ask.

“Look,” he says with no emotions, “between my le-“

“-King Sombra,” you end his line abruptly, “said that he made the deal with this exact book. His Majesty said that he used it to gain his powers. Why is my magic weak, then?”

“Well, if King Sombrah did use any artifacts or books to be as powerfulh as he is now, it was noth this one. At least, I do noth see it. As for why your magich is so weak- I thinkh you need some more sips of the antidote. You are a Crystal Pony, whath magic?”
>>
>>25840845
Use the telekenisis spell on the crystals he was going to give us. The light spell on somebody who lives in such a dark room would be a lot worse.
>>
>>25840867
This, try not to harm the alchemist in the process
>>
“Here, let me show you,” you insist, putting your hoof on the Crystal Note that he was still holding. You close your eyes, allowing your mind to concentrate on jewels that he showed to you before. You imagine their beautiful shapes, iridescent forms and smooth edges. Maybe if Oak Desk gave you something like them at least once, once, during your entire relationship you wouldn’t have had to break up with him. With a shake of your head you mutter the words of magic, “Raise!”

Crystal Note responds immediately. But it does not listen.

No matter how much you try you can’t grasp the “feel” of the books’ magic. With slightly orange, glowing magical energy within, telekinetic tentacles rupture from within the Note’s pages. They do not give you or the enchanter enough time to respond, entangling the colt and the crystals you imagined. The expensive jewelry explodes from their pressure immediately, while Ginger Spice’s front leg only cracks, his painful moans echoing his real emotions.

He falls on the floor as the telekinetic energy disappear, wallowing in pain. You forgot the last time, if there ever was a time; you were able to use the Telekinetic spell without a harm to another being.
>>
>>25841045
Woops, looks like we fuck up. Try to apply first aid and take him to the hospital

If he died loot his corpse
>>
File: 1437881396945.gif (732 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1437881396945.gif
732 KB, 400x400
>>25841045
Let's apologize and inform him that went much worse than the last time and this outcome was not intended
>>
>>25841045
Make sure he's ok. Apologize profusely.
>>
“Guah…Ugh…” Ginger Spice cries. His lip was bit, visible traces of blood sliding down his chin. He looked pissed. He was certainly very angry at you. The bleeding made him look like somepony from a horror theatre; one of those ‘Went mad and killed everyone” kind of characters.

“Damaged magical book,” you fake a smile, fearing for what was about to come. Your knees begin to tremble, cold sweat dripping down your coat. You take scared steps back, bumping into the laying rubble, books and stools.

“I knewh that!” he mutters angrily, tossing big, but thankfully empty, glass bottles and flasks in your direction. You dodge, duck and cover but one of the bottles manages to slam against your back, shattering and leaving a nasty cut just right of your flank. It hurt like Cerberus’ bite.

“Ouch, I’m sorry, alright?!” you shout at him, barely able to avoid another set of glassware, “I can-“

“No- Stop! Don’t do anything, “he shouts awkwardly. After a long, distant pause he tries to stand up and you shudder at his pained moans and loud crack of his bones. If it was not broken, it was certainly dislocated.

“I’m… Last time it just made another pony stumble,” you try to explain.

“I would noth have left my laboratory even if asked... What... howh are you going to fix this?"
>>
>>25841217
Offer take him to the doctor, And help to clean the mess.
Because he obviously can't do it by his own.

Or we could bring him a doctor.
>>
>>25841244
Pretty much this. If we can't bring him to a doctor then we'll have to bring one here. Are there any doctors?
>>
>>25841317
There is a hospital, pretty sure there is at least a nurse.
>>
>>25841345
Here's your
>comics
>canon
reply.
Have a nice day, sir.
>>
You had no experience in medical field, not even first aid. You could barely treat your own cold or cuts without making the situation worse; so the only possible thing you could do was to either bring the doctor to Ginger Spice or Ginger Spice to the doctor. But… a doctor in His Majesty’s kingdom was a pony you never met or even heard about. You deduct that if there was somepony with such experience he or she would probably be slaving in the Crystal Mines, where the majority of ponies were stationed and most of the accidents and injuries could happen.

“You need to see a doctor,” you finally say, trying to look as regrettably as possible.

“I’m fine,” he grumbles coldly, slowly sliding on one of the chairs and picking up an old, damaged book from underneath the table, “I’ll… just makeh something that’ll help me.”

“You need-“

“-All I need is some quietness and maybe some crushed Onyx. You knowh where the door is.”
>>
>>25841217
We were aiming for the crystals, not him. Certainly there is a slave with medical skill.
>>
>>25841424
Where is the other door? Traveling through the throne room every time we want to see him could be problematic.
>>
>>25841375
It's crystal empire for a reason and that's because it's big.

It has a hospital, Even ponyville has one.
>>
>>25841424
>crushed Onyx
Does he have it or its like something that we would have to search?.

We Better ask some guard about medic.
>>
You take a deep breath, trying to remain calm.

“Is there a door that leads outside? It’s a bit… uncomfortable to go through the throne room every time,” you say.

“Don’t know, I rarely leaveh this place. It’s more uncomfortable to have a broken legh,” he responds tiredly without even looking at you, his lips already reading some alchemy formula.

“I’ll bring help, maybe some Onyx as well?” you ask kindly.

“Probablyh, help will be replaced with “disaster” and Onyx with “Lapis,” he says.

Well, isn’t he one to hold a grudges; you did say you were sorry!

With a slow wave of your hoof you attempt to offer a warm farewell, but Ginger Spice completely ignores you. Obnoxiously loud hissing sounds and the bright flashes of light from the mixed chemicals make you speed up, reaching the long staircase as fast as you can. You decide that if you cannot find a doctor, then you can at least find something useful in the abandoned hospital. You had to help him.

Your trot slows down as you begin to hear voices on top of the staircase, behind the door, growing louder and louder with every single step you take. Your sensitive ears are able to recognize voices of Wax Candle and King Sombra quite clearly. You stop before the wooden door and lean your ears to the door frame, trying to figure out the owner of the third, more obnoxious voice.
>>
“I need some sort of “militia” guard to hunt down the thief,” a feminine voice erupts.

“I can’t spare slaves, your Majesty, “Wax Candle says viperously, being the one in argument with the mare. “We’ve only now breached the “Dread Layer…”

“…Castle’s safety is more important than this ‘Layer’,” the mare says unfaithfully.

“You do not even realize what important it holds,” Wax Candle argues.

“Neither do you!” she spits her words at him with zeal.

“Your Majesty, I need everypony right now,” Wax Candle shifts his tone almost immediately.

“As the Royal Guard,” the mare says, “I need citizens’ helping hoof. You do not need everypony in the mines, you hear?”
>>
>>25841804
Stay put and listen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QZc3uyN-iQ
I'll be going to bed now, I'll try to keep the thread alive until tomorrow. I had a lot of fun today with this, hopefully you lot did too.
>>
>>25841804
Sneak and hold breath. It should be enough to not let them hear us
>>
File: tmp_20354-6803634234.gif (83 KB, 130x150) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20354-6803634234.gif
83 KB, 130x150
>>25841929
Wait, we should tell them about the medic thing and the onix rock.

We don't want to be spooked
>>
>>25841912
ok.

the music? i never heard it before
>>
>>25842323
Of course you haven't. It's German.
>>
>>25842340
Oh you, pic related.
>>
Royal bump.
>>
>>25843717
hurry bump
>>
unlimited power
>>
File: 1439409535035.gif (3 MB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1439409535035.gif
3 MB, 600x300
I have an important question about this setting. Should there be an equivalent to Quebec next to the crystal empire for us to enslave?
>>
>>25846858
yes
>>
might not survive the spam
>>
File: 109.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
109.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>25848235
Don't worry, I'm sure we can have better /ll/ with the slave fillies than they ever could
>>
File: 716[1].jpg (57 KB, 451x600) Image search: [Google]
716[1].jpg
57 KB, 451x600
>>25848287
Playing with their private parts like a fiddle.
>>
>>25848978
Diddle the filly fiddle... What?
>>
File: 1450696385484.jpg (131 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1450696385484.jpg
131 KB, 900x675
>>25840304
soon
>>
>>25846858
Closests cities are Yakyakistan and Cloudsdale, judging by the map.
>>
>>25850009
And the griffon city or whatever that mud hole is.
>>
>>25850891
Nah, that's shit ton of distance and ocean away.
>>
I can run a very short session, tell me if y'all would like to have that or a proper one tomorrow.
>>
>>25851708
I'd like to get updates wherever and whenever I can, so even if you're leaving only one prompt for a decision for the day, I'll take it and we'll have the bigger updates tomorrow.
>>
“Sombra,” the mare insists, addressing to the king without the honorifics, “the thief will most likely return.”

You could hear Wax Candle grunt and say something with weak displeasure, trying not to lose his cool.

Then a familiar, long hiss, as if it was a sharp blade, cuts through their quarrel. Nobody interrupts His Majesty when he decides to speak, nobody who knows and is not willing to pay the price. Of course, Wax Candle and the earth mare were just as afraid as you; with a simple spell he could force you to life in eternal nightmare with your only form of escape being, well…

“I’m pleased,” he whispers, the chill of his voice managing to pass through the door and touch you. “You are taking your position very earnestly, my loyal guard.”

Neither Was Candle nor the mares offer a response, making the pause more eerie than needed. You hear a loud gasp as the King suddenly stands, his dark magic braziers dreadfully fizzing after a loud burst.

“Overseer,” Sombra says.

“Your Higness?” Wax Candle asks, unable to hide the displeasure he had for the mare’s praise.

“Guard,” Sombra continues.

“…Sombra?” she questions.

“I want,” he says the last word with emphasis, forming it as an order, “you two to concentrate on the ‘Layer’. Join the next… visit into there, Overseer in charge.”

“But-,” she tries to interfere, but is quickly silenced by something.

“There’s something in there that I have the rights to. I wish to have it,” His Majesty hisses. “You can have a couple of my subjects for your… Militia as soon as you return, Guard. As for the thief, if she dares to show herself again I’ll deal with it. Personally.”
>>
>>25851970

“Your Majesty, we shall begin immediately!” Wax Candle says, sounding as optimistic as happy as he could.

“But-,” the mare tries to argue, her voice carrying no strength. She gives up and follows the Overseer as the sound of their hooves silences in the distance until it completely vanishes with a loud slam of the door. They left, and now it was Sombra alone who was on the other side of the door.

Who knows when he’ll leave?
>>
>>25851970
>she 'but'-ted Sombra two times
Why is she alive again?
>>
>>25851981
He won't leave and he probably already knows we're here.
>>
>>25852066
He sent her to the mines so that might change.
>>
>>25851981
I think we should reveal ourselves. Because I am sure as hell agree with this Anon >>25852068. He knows about our presence.
>>
You slowly open the door into the throne room, His Majesty’s piercing gaze immediately grasping your attention like a choking hoof. The creak of the door makes you eerie and uncomfortable, despising the fact that you were doing something wrong in his presence, even something as simple as silently opening a door. He doesn’t act surprised, neither does he act angry. You guess that he probably already knew of your presence and the fact that you were eavesdropping; nothing you could do but act on it.

“Your Majesty,” you bow your head, touching the cold floor with your forehead.

“Apprentice,” he acknowledges you dryly, “working with the Enchanter, I see? Admirable.”

Like Tartarus it was.

You clear your throat loudly, only offering him a nod. He smiles, or at least you think he does.

“Apprentice,” he says, “I’ve heard about your… moment with this thief from the Overseer. It’s mildly interesting to me. It’s interesting and sorrowful that one of my loyal slaves would try such a thing,” he looks away, your gaze following his towards the Crystal Heart. “In in such hard times for my Kingdom and my loyal subjects, somepony tries to make it even harder for others.”

You gulp loudly. Where was he going with this?

“She deserves to be punished and made an example of… I’ll have you take care of her?” he asks, his fangs showing.
>>
>>25852283
I'd assume she was stealing food to give to others, so if we punished the ones she was trying to help instead of her it would send a message to the rest of the slaves.
>>
File: Sombra's Throne.png (978 KB, 1017x881) Image search: [Google]
Sombra's Throne.png
978 KB, 1017x881
“Your Majesty,” you say, “I think that she was stealing the food for others. Some… ponies are not pleased with the amount of food they get. Um, I think they should be punished instead.”

That went as smoothly as you expected.

King Sombra folds hind legs over his knees, gently stroking his hoof over one of them. You cannot understand his expression. He looked pleased and curious but his voice was distant and disappointed. During the last few days you conversed with His Majesty much more than you ever hoped for, about a year in advance. You guess that was part of the apprenticeship, at least something resembling it.

“How will you be able to find out who those ponies are, Apprentice? Or…?”
>>
>>25852628
I'm afraid I do not know how to find who exactly but if were to make an example of a few then it would discourage this rebel. I had her master! If only I had been able to kill her when she was in my hooves this wouldn't be a problem... The most curious thing of all is that she knew my name.
>>
>>25852919
the slaves need more food, i think we should give them little more.

we could make a deal:
if they tell us who and where the spy/thief we will give them more food.
>>
>>25853982
bump
>>
>>25855187
Bemp
>>
>>25857019
hump
>>
>>25853982
This sound like a good idea, favor the loyal ones, punish the insubordinate ones
>>
File: Sombra #1.png (3 MB, 1024x736) Image search: [Google]
Sombra #1.png
3 MB, 1024x736
Why would you like Sombra to teach us?
>>
>>25859636
However, that will divide the crystal ponies even more, we should guarantee the safety of the slave thief and a fair trial.

If they needed more food why didn't ask for.
If the king or wax refuse, tell him that he is an idiot, cuz you know... This could end in a revolution/anarchy.
>>
>>25860316
Nice picture, his face looks weird and his horn is not red.
Something lewl
>>
>>25860331
It's a recolor, but thanks.
>>
>>25860595
Bump.
>>
>>25860320
If they REALLY wanted to revolt in a better manner than thievery, they would already be trying. The entire populace is already desperate, dividing them over something like food has no ill effect at this point, only benefit.
>>
“Yes, Your Majesty. I’ve got another idea,” you say nervously, trying to make yourself sound just and honest. “I know how she looks, I know how she talks. I’ll be able to spot and recognize, if I see her…”

The King looks at your with a curios expression. His horn was dimly glowing in red hues, just barely enough to light up your figure away from the endless darkness inside the throne room. His attention, the spotlight, was on you alone. And despite all your efforts, you were scared.

You gulp; your lips completely dried. Then, you continue, Sombra’s watchful eye silently over you.

“There’s a reason the slaves want more food, Your Majesty. They are hungry,” you say.

“The Royal Supplier and Overseer have been handling those matters,” he replies to you, his eyebrow slowly rising, “are you saying that they are failing at their duties?”

“N-no,” you say, your hoof feverously striking against the stone floor, “But, Your Majesty… I want to believe that the slaves will be more willing to work for rewards than in fear of punishments. C-carrot and a stick approach, Your Highness.”

You look at him through the scarlet faze. He offers you a curious nod in response. He listens.

“We could ask them for a deal, Your Majesty. More food than Wax Candle gives to the one who’ll tell us where the thief is. I…I think it could work.”

“And-,” Sombra stops, his expression changing. The King points his hoof towards you, forcing you to knock your head down and close your eyes on purely primal instincts. Your fear is not justified.

“On second thought, Apprentice.”

“Yes, Your Majesty?”

“I leave this to you; I want the thief punished on the manner you see fit. Tomorrow, at the dawn.”
>>
_Leave it to me to make a thread right before the crash.
>>
>>25861700
Thank him, tell him he is a "big guy" and goodbye gently.decis

We should look the gems for the alchemist in the gem store and return to the alchemist.

While going to the store we could do what was mention in the previous post.
>>
>>25861762
That was a long crash
>>
>>25861700
What time is it?
>>
>>25861997
It's about twelve in the morning.
>>
>>25861700
Aw fuck. We need to get on this ASAP. I wanted to try to bargain for power again but we should go to Wax immediately.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 119

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.