[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What moment in this show do you remember the most, Anon? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 83
File: together mane6.png (546 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
together mane6.png
546 KB, 1280x720
What moment in this show do you remember the most, Anon?

And why?

Mine was in S2E2 when they did this. A feeling of spaghetti welled up inside me that still hasn't completely died down. All of my teenage hormones and autism found its way to the forefront of my thoughts at once and I cried like a bitch.

At the time, I told myself that those feelings were because of some element of superiority and emotional advancement I was tapping into through a show with corny morals. I soon realized that not only was such a thing complete bullshit, but how irrelevant it was in the first place. Why I was happy did not matter. The only reason I even allocated any synapses the prospect of some sovereign justifier of my happiness is because I was an immature, scared bitch. I could just do what I wanted and anyone who said otherwise was completely expendable, even my father. Especially him.

I don't even fear the prospect of the show coming to an end one day, anymore. As I envision a hypothetical very last frame in which the Mane Six will huddle together for one last photo, like at the end of the show intro, all I can think about is how much fun I'll have daydreaming for the rest of my life about how I hope to adventure with them and learn from them when I die... and how I can honor them by being a happy, decent human being whether they're real or not.

This show didn't save my life or teach me anything at all. It was just a very nice, convenient catalyst for my growth as a person. And that's more than I can say about most humans on this earth.

I can stop thinking and rethinking this spaghetti all the time now that I've put it somewhere.
>>
>>25705366
>What moment in this show do you remember the most, Anon?
The first time I saw S1E11 when the song began.
I'll never forget.
>>
>>25705366
The magic duel. First episode I saw.
>>
File: thebreezies.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thebreezies.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>25705366
This. This could be its own, better, show
>>
>>25705411
>tfw you will never hear Dash start off Winter Wrap-Up for the first time, ever again

>>25705430
Do you actually get agitated responses with this kind of posting? I mean, the obvious answer is yes. But any memorable ones?
>>
File: 772631.jpg (2 MB, 4500x3000) Image search: [Google]
772631.jpg
2 MB, 4500x3000
>>25705366
I'll never forget Jelly P0ne
>>
File: friends.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
friends.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
You people are so fucking strange
>>
>>25705597
How do you figure?

>>25705517
Excellent choice, stranger.
>>
File: 1445141820805.png (1 MB, 7415x6000) Image search: [Google]
1445141820805.png
1 MB, 7415x6000
>>25705366
I got two.

When I was first watching Season 2, I was just barely into the show. I thought of it just as something interesting to watch (even though I watched all of Season 1 in one night prior)

But once the Smile song started to play... I think that was when I realized how much I freaking loved this show and what it stood for. I found myself grinning like an idiot the rest of the day on, and seriously felt just so happy and hopeful about my life for the first time in years. And I've never dropped the optimism since.

Second also was a Pinkie moment, and it was the opposite. When Pinkie realized her friends couldn't get along with Maud... It was one of those moments that just made me gasp.

I've seen that expression before. That look of hopelessness and pain and that fake smile included... It was the face of my mother who not a week before told she was losing faith in herself and telling me she felt worthless after her health began to decline.

I just remember feeling like I was stabbed and being as still as a rock until the episode ended. I didn't cry... but I took that one personally. I immediately redoubled my efforts to help my parents in any way I could. You couldn't imagine my joy when she told me she was getting the lifesaving surgery she needed.

I have countless other experiences, but those were the most lifechanging for me. Even funnier how Pinkie isn't even my favorite pony, but she's impacted my life more than any of them.

...This show is way too freaking real.
>>
File: react_feels definition.png (17 KB, 561x463) Image search: [Google]
react_feels definition.png
17 KB, 561x463
>>25705679
I remember seeing that expression of hers and being completely unable to unsee how DESTROYED she was for just that moment in time.

Celebrate the fact that you have a mother worth worrying about, Anon.

>...This show is way too freaking real.

/)
>>
>>25705411
Yeah, that moment really triggered my autism. And when Twilight's verse kicks in, with that drop D guitar in the background. Chills!

That shit got to me so badly, I even showed it to an uninitiated friend. It was cringy, it was autistic, but I didn't care. I had to share it.

What the fuck was I thinking?
>>
>>25705517
I have no idea why so many people dislike the pilot.

I watched it all chronologically from the beginning, and I was completely hooked after the second episode.
>>
>>25705679
I know, anon.

I know...
>>
File: MyDownwardSpiralToHorsePussy.png (2 MB, 1892x1164) Image search: [Google]
MyDownwardSpiralToHorsePussy.png
2 MB, 1892x1164
>>
File: 1428173084680.png (701 KB, 1107x1024) Image search: [Google]
1428173084680.png
701 KB, 1107x1024
>>25705774
>I have no idea why so many people dislike the pilot.
>so many people dislike the pilot.
>dislike the pilot.

If you don't get chills thinking back to that musical tune as Predictions and Prophecies opens up and Nicole Oliver (AKA Sunbutt) gives you the backlore of the ride you're about to get strapped into forever, you're wasting your fucking time here.

There are people who disliked the pilot? In all of our 5 years, I've never even heard such a thing. What the fuck.
>>
>>25705759
You felt happiness and wanted to share it. Anyone who would mock you for that deserves to be mulched and turned into compost, Anon.
>>
>>25705774
Hey, you're not the only one. I started in S3 and got hooked watching everything from E1 onward, 2 or 3 episodes every other night or so.
>>
File: friends2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
friends2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>25705517
wrong one
the entire scene was good but this part was most important to me
>friends
>you will never have friends
>random people will never do so much for you

>This is just a second episode and I'm crying like little girl. This is the beginning of new life.
Watching first 2 seasons for the first time was the best part of my life.
>>
>>25705366
I think a moment I remember well is Pinkie singing the Evil Enchantress song. That's when I started to really realize this show had me by the short hairs; it's charm started to hook me right around there.
>>
>>25705832
True dat horsefucker.

>>25705861
You got goosebumps, don't lie.
>>
I don't remember exactly any specific moment of the show. Maybe the first time I watched S1E01... I felt a bit ridiculous watching that on YouTube, but also curious and then I discovered I liked it and needed more... and the pony hysteria began...

Also, one thing I will never forget is watching the streams with you guys.
>>
>>25705832
>There are people who disliked the pilot? In all of our 5 years, I've never even heard such a thing. What the fuck.
Wasn't it literally /co/'s opinion? On some guide, to watch 4 episodes because you may not like it after "pilot".
>>
File: 640[1].png (188 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
640[1].png
188 KB, 640x360
>>25705832
Whenever bronies try to convert non-bronies, they very often advice to not watch the pilot first, and rather start off with something like Sonic Rainboom or Party Of One.

Yeah, I don't get it either. The pilot, especially part II, is fucking amazing. Just thinking about it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
>>25705366

My favorite moment was when Twilight found that alicorn foal in the woods, then Lyra found out she was actually a human, then that human was hanging out with Rainbow Dash and they banged, but then invited Twilight to join them, then Pinkie brutally carved Rainbow up like a turkey, then Rainbow killed Pinkie and Murdered a whole butt load of foals, including Scootaloo, then Rainbow woke up in human land and was daughter or something to a creepy looser who called her Dashie, then Rarity turned out to be a psychotic serial killer, then Fluttershy chainsawed Rainbow Dash's head in half, then Celestia decided that humans must all be turned into ponies for some reason, then the whole thing went up in smoke when the baelfire mega spells fell rending the world toxic and nearly lifeless.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>25705873
Aww man, Bridle Gossip was so fucking good!

That was truly one of those episodes that firmly cemented the horse autism.
>>
>>25705831
Fellow CDO follower?
>>
The first time I watched the show, I picked a random episode to see what the fuss was about, I ended up getting the first episode of the canterlot wedding, This Day Aria remains my most memorable moment watching the show. The Disney-esque feel got me hooked on the show and I was happy that there was more of it when I picked it up.
>>
This scene always pops into my head every now and then.
>>
File: j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>25705914
>/co/
>people
pic very related

>>25705921
that's because a lot of non-bronies are more underdeveloped in their tastes due to social norms, not that there's anything special about the average horsefucker. There's just this emotional v-card touch a lot of humans have where they can't see something innocent like the first 2 episodes without cringing. Bronies mostly recommend they skip those initially for that reason. I think

>>25705976
Really wish I understood the disney appeal. Really sucks for me.
>>
File: American Rei.gif (169 KB, 390x290) Image search: [Google]
American Rei.gif
169 KB, 390x290
This thread just makes me smile.
Fuck why can't we just go back?
>>
File: trixie.png (129 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
trixie.png
129 KB, 467x453
Boast Busters because that is when I first saw Trixie and when I first fell in love.
>>
>>25706017
Because you choose not to go back. You choose to feel saddened and bitter instead of enjoying what once made you smile. Where there once lay creative headcanons and love for the characters there lies only complaining about being OOC and hating one's own autism. You yourself are holding you back, which is the real reason that so many who now hate the show still come here and cling to it.

We think too much, and feel too little.
>>
File: 1447602270887.gif (1014 KB, 514x600) Image search: [Google]
1447602270887.gif
1014 KB, 514x600
>>25706041
>>
>>25705976
Chrysalis really was straight out of disney villains 101.
>>
>>25706017
Anon, listen to me, and listen good. Tolerate the corny and hear me out.

Friendship isn't about what you can see in the now. If you are a genuine, mutual friend with another person, you will love them not only for what they are, but for what they blossom into.

These ponies aren't the same cozy, plenty-of-room-to-grow characters that drew us into this ride. Not anymore. But we shouldn't need that anymore. They're still our friends, they're still fun, and it should take nothing more than the opportunity to stick to them. We should be glad to watch them flourish into what they were meant to be.

Eventually, you get to a point where you're quite simply honored for the chance to bear the dull ache of sweet memories you'll never have again. The pain itself never goes away, but that doesn't mean that it always hurts. It stops feeling like a wound and more like the release of a good bawling session.

We're here to bear that mourning with you, Anon. Stay with us.

/)
>>
File: EQD.png (83 KB, 922x304) Image search: [Google]
EQD.png
83 KB, 922x304
>>25706041
thanks m8
>>
>>25706106
(\
>>
File: 800[1].png (281 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
800[1].png
281 KB, 800x450
>>25706041
Trixie a cute, but Boast Busters was terrible, mainly due to these two jerk-offs.

It made for a great MAS episode though.

>"It's tough love, even though we don't really care about you, so just...tough."
>>
>>25705366
I'm a newfag.So, season 5 made me feel feels.Firstly dat twalot episode, then cmc's .Damn, that was tearjerking( also, i really started to love this show after rainboom.That was very nice.Impressive)
>>
This moment right here. Sets the stage for the better part of the show, is a little emotional and has perfect music to set the tone of the scene. It really was a different time back then.
>>
>First episode was Bridle Gossip out of curiosity.
>Decided fuck it, let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
>Watched all the available episodes of S1, up to around Trixie I believe, in one sitting.
>Still couldn't remember the white horse with the purple hair's name, but she's my favorite.
Somewhere around S2, I realized the mistake I was making and immediately waifu'd Sunbutt.
>>
>>25706136
heh, some times it's a bit weird to go back in time and see how it all started
>>
File: latest[2].png (748 KB, 2873x2767) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
748 KB, 2873x2767
>>25706235
Funny, I had the same problem with remembering Rarity's name, even though I really liked her from the get-go. Maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker, but I just kept forgetting it during the first few episodes.

Why would you ever trade her away, anon? Dress horse is perfect,
>>
>>25706136
The Origin Of Autism.
>>
>>25705366
newfag here of season 4
I didnt care that much when I first binged because I thought I was going to get AIDS for watching the show and seeing everything colourful

anyway,I got emotional while watching Sisterhooves Social and I said to myself:"Godammit,this was worth the watch" and after that,I opened my view completely

another moment that made me kinda sad was when twilight was apologising to Celestia in Lesson Zero,meaning for me a true change of the show(rather than Faust leaving)

and last but no less important,watching with /mlp/ Crusaders of the Lost Mark
I didnt cry right at the ending of the episode,but much more about how the journey was(even though I only had a year in this place,it felt like more) and I thought for about 30 minutes the value of my life and how beautiful was seeing some kids progress after such a long time

now we could die in every moment,but lets count every beautiful thing we can see,there's 2 years more for magic and the ride,while never endless,it's pretty fun while it lasts
>>
>>25706136
>>
>>25706364
Rarity didn't hit the bottom of my mane 6 fave list until season 4. And I had the same problem. What the fuck, you guys? What's going on here?

>>25706388
I forgot all about Sisterhooves Social. I'm a monster.
>>
>>25706458
>Rarity
>bottom of my mane 6 fave list
>>
>>25706458
I would always forget about Rarity or Pinkie Pie
>>
File: twi salty.png (117 KB, 527x772) Image search: [Google]
twi salty.png
117 KB, 527x772
>>25706516
Yo, fuckhead, I love her to death. I just don't have the stamina to keep up with her without getting extremely annoyed. You love your horse in all her theatrically tasteful melodrama, and I will love mine in all her insane, flustered glory.

>>25706521
Forgetting Pinkie's name? Oh come on.
>>
This scene. It was so silly, I always have a good chuckle when I think about it...
>>
>>25706561
I guess I just have a thing for the crazies.

Also, who's Pinkie? Do you mean Panker Poo?
>>
>>25705366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPte1uijDw
I couldn't help but laugh then, and I even crack a smile now. I feel like a faggot for it but I always loved this song. Not even a Pinkiefag.
>>
>>25706647
Amen.
>>
>>25706458
me it's just the opposite
Rarity was in bottom tier for me, I always thought she was a real whore and just only whines because she thinks she's a royal damisel or something like that
I despised her,especially in Sonic Rainboom,
the main reason I got emotional in SS,was the change of view of the show and her character
truly a great moment and now,I cant put her at the bottom anymore
>>
File: 1445192422302.png (175 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1445192422302.png
175 KB, 500x600
>>25705366
At the Gala.

That song really stuck with me, exemplifies everything I love(d) about the show. Something about how happy and jovial they were, their hopes and dreams, the "best night ever."

The Mane 6 were happy in their own little worlds with their own little dreams, no magic duels or life threatening monsters, just a day in which they were truly happy and truly excited. Something about that...

> It was just a very nice, convenient catalyst for my growth as a person
>I'll have daydreaming for the rest of my life about how I hope to adventure with them and learn from them when I die... and how I can honor them by being a happy, decent human being whether they're real or not
You've put it well, anon. Couldn't agree any more.

>>25705411
Damn, this one was great too, Winter Wrap Up is easily my favorite episode, and watching Twili find her place, god damn. I get emotional when I think about it

>>25705597
Faggot

>>25705679
Well put, as well, anon
>>
>>25706688
I was similar with Pinkie, I just couldn't fucking stand her when I first started watching.
>>25706647
Fucking hated this song, and everything about her in the pilot, but I guess she just kind grew on me over time. Probably because I'm a sucker for gags and she's got tons of them.
>>
>>25706647
That shit's fucking vintage, famm!
>>
File: 1420628870485.jpg (52 KB, 587x546) Image search: [Google]
1420628870485.jpg
52 KB, 587x546
>>25706688
Exactly how I was with Twilight, man, I know the feel.

This has been fun, you guys, but I need to sleep, even though it's 4:26pm.

The ride never ends.

/)
>>
>>25706736
You may be the only person in the world who didn't like Twilight at first, but then grew to like her.

Most seem to have the completely opposite arc.
>>
File: Main_Cast_at_the_Gala_S01E26.png (915 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Main_Cast_at_the_Gala_S01E26.png
915 KB, 1280x720
>>25706713
At the Gala was such a fantastic episode. So simple, no epic battles against villains, just happy friends doing silly stuff. I remember very well watching that episode for first time.

I mean, I like finales about fighting against villains and stuff, but still that episode was so simple yet so great...
>>
For me, it was the opening of the first episode. It was the first hiatus, I was seeing stuff about it everywhere, figured I'd give it a shot. And then the book opened, and you have these simplistic, beautiful pictures, like Goodnight Moon ala Starry Night, and my jaw just dropped.
>>
File: mlpfim_ep2689[1].png (258 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mlpfim_ep2689[1].png
258 KB, 640x360
>>25706782
And so relatable. I hate big parties, but humble gatherings with my closest friends is the shit.

Man, I can just taste the friendship.
>>
>>25706736
you are a contrarian here
most people despise her like >>25706775 said

I still appreciate her though,there's inconsistency with her,but that doesnt mean you cant enjoy some moments of her.....Testing 1,2,3 being a clear example
>>
File: 220px-LaurenFaustSPFF[1].png (118 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
220px-LaurenFaustSPFF[1].png
118 KB, 220x250
>>25706821
It's such a brilliant way to instantly draw the viewer in.

She really had quite the vision, didn't she?
>>
>>25706842
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't despise her, I love her. I could never dislike Twilight, no matter how much they fuck up her proportions.

I just think his arc of beginning to like her post wings was a strange set of events.
>>
File: 1442543774595.png (308 KB, 845x915) Image search: [Google]
1442543774595.png
308 KB, 845x915
>>25706775
>>25706842
I'm really feeling the love here and I need to sperg one more time.

I initially thought she was annoying, that she talked too much, jumped to foolish conclusions, was irritatingly dense. Thought she was a really shitty, tasteless anchor for the rest of the characters. At that time, I was an avid Flutterfag.

Over time, as she grew in the show and I grew IRL, I started loving all of that out of her. She stopped looking like a huge, boring drag, and started appealing to my sincere inner white knight. I don't want to dismiss and ignore her anymore. I want to be her anchor. I want to be the reason she's still sane when things don't go her way. She's always holding things together and stressing nowadays, and as much as I adore and fawn over her for her efforts, watching that candy horse do what she does just breaks my heart.

Between episode one and the end of season 2, it stopped being about what she could be for me and became more of what I wanted to do for her. That really was a monumental change for me. After that, I started being that way with other people, too, to a small extent. I never knew I was that invested in the happiness of others before Twiggy Piggy.

Damn I had no idea I needed to let this much shit out today.

TL;DR: SHES MINE
>>
Oh, and nobody is gushing about Love is in Bloom? I am disgusted.
>>
File: Twilight_dancing[1].gif (189 KB, 426x389) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_dancing[1].gif
189 KB, 426x389
>>25706957
A real cute.

http://drud14.deviantart.com/art/Twilight-s-Jam-318227114
>>
>>25706822
>I hate big parties, but humble gatherings with my
can relate. Just a few friends laughing and talking shit on a quiet place
>>
>>25706999
Why is that so fucking amazing

STOP MAKING ME COME BACK TO THE THREAD GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
>>
>>25706882
get ready,not many twilicorn fags are here
loving her after the scruffening is widely considered bait taste
I see why you love her and it's not too hard to do it,even though it triggers the vast majority of here
the only two factors were how rush MMC was(I expected more context,I knew the change was gonma happen) and I assume now that it was just a rushed thing,and a bit of her inconsistency

Twilight is like my 3rd one on the list(sometimes the 2nd changing it with Rainbow) and I didnt want that she didnt appear in some episodes because I thought the others did girly things when she didnt and I was just focused on her at first
now,I wish they had different concepts for her instead of focusing or not in her position,hope S6 makes me love her for another aspects instead of being just nerdy
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>25706933
>I initially thought she was annoying, that she talked too much, jumped to foolish conclusions, was irritatingly dense. Thought she was a really shitty, tasteless anchor for the rest of the characters. At that time, I was an avid Flutterfag.

But that's what's so great about her. She's so stubborn and neurotic, it's just adorable.

I'm glad you saw the light though. A waifu without flaws is a pretty boring waifu. She has to need you to bring her down to Earth sometimes.
>>
>>25707032
It's mesmerizing. A few years back, I couldn't stop watching it.

Now you get to suffer the same fate!
>>
>>25706882
>beginning to like her post-wings
No, I just loved the shit out of the change, unlike most people. As I said, it was around the end of season 2 I fully realized I was that much into her.

>>25707056
This. Anon. Fucking. Gets it.

Honestly, Testing 1, 2, 3 made me love her even more. That megalomaniac brand of blissful ignorance as to how much it wasn't working out for Dash was sooo me...

> A waifu without flaws is a pretty boring waifu.

I love you
>>
File: rainboom.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
rainboom.gif
2 MB, 320x180
I'm not sure why, but the Rainboom is most memorable to me
>>
>>25707088
>I'm not sure why
Come the fuck on. That shit was awesome.

God, I guess I'm not allowed to sleep tonight.
>>
>>25707088
But of course. The Sonic Rainboom is brony propaganda 101.
>>
>>25707075
The thought of Twiggy dancing happily for eternity, without end or interruption... ;_;

>>25707121
This guy gets it.
>>
>>25707102
>not allowed to sleep tonight
understandable,considering that this thread has had much less shitposting than usual
>>25707088
Pinkie tasting the rainbow and that moment made the ep,despite Rarity
definitely top tier in S1
>>
>>25706782
>>25706822
That episode is great, especially when you consider its context as the capstone to the first season. After a whole season of getting to know the characters and seeing them grow closer together it feels like a culmination of their development.

Also it's comfy and low key and that last scene is great.
>>
>>25705957
Yeah Bridle Gossip was pretty good desu. I oughta go back and watch it again
>>
File: ponderbelle.jpg (48 KB, 462x462) Image search: [Google]
ponderbelle.jpg
48 KB, 462x462
>>25706008
>on bronies telling people to skip the first two episodes

That pretty much reflects my experience. I didn't actually like the show that much when I first watched it, it wasn't until finished all the episodes out at the time did I reflect on it and realize how special the whole thing was.

Of course I also believe telling people to skip to the middle puts more people off the show than it brings in. If someone is told "it gets better later, and then they skip to later only to not like it because they haven't had the proper exposure yet, they'll probably just drop the show entirely, thinking it's "not for them" at best or "this must be a show for freaks" at worst.

A better way to phrase this phenomenon would be "it grows on you".
>>
>>25707314
If your first episode is the pilot, you're probably not going to give it a chance because its too cutesy. I didn't watch the show until i happened upon Bridal Gossip by accident and it made me laugh enough to want to see more. I probably wouldnt have followed up on it if EP 1 and 2 were my first
>>
>>25705366
I started with Swarm of the century and thought it was mediocre.
But I had nothing else to do, so I still come here because I have nowhere else to go. I just wanna go back to those better days so badly, not because of the show itself.
I still watch this thing despite everything.
Winter wrap up was nice though.
And MMC made me tear up a bit.
>>
>>25705366

Twilight's introduction as a sarcastic, cynical character who thought Celestia telling her to make friends was bullshit was what hooked me on the show. I never expected "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" to have what was basically pony Daria as the main character.

Then the laughter song.

>"Please tell me she's not..."
>"She is."

I loved how Phineas and Ferb had a song in every episode so when Pinkie's singing really got me excited.

Winter Wrap Up cemented my attachment to the show, and Suited for Success was when Rarity officially replaced Twilight as my favorite character.
>>
>>25707088
For me it will always be the cutie mark episode of the mane 6.

Flashback stories hooks me easily like console-war thread on /v/.
>>
File: Good vs Evil.jpg (163 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Good vs Evil.jpg
163 KB, 800x450
>>25705366
The first 30 seconds I ever watched My Little Pony. I watched the most recent episode, Fall Weather Friends at the time. As soon as Applejack said "Oh for pete's sake" I knew I was going to watch the rest of the series. It was 1am on a friday... I didn't sleep that night.
>>
File: 1360274485959.gif (1 MB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
1360274485959.gif
1 MB, 500x265
I'll never forget Twilicorn, because I never squirted so much oversalted boiled spaghetti out my ass at one time and I probably never will again.
I'm mostly over it by now. Mostly.
>>
>>25707565
>"Tell me she's not."
>"She is."

I think this was the exchange that tipped me off that this was going to be a show worth watching.

The introduction of Flim and Flam was actually a really enjoyable moment for me, too; I have a place in my heart just for "shadowy reflection" characters like Trixie, Lightningdust, Suri, and Cheese, and I was never more disappointed in this show than when they featured all these pones that could've been a Legion of Doom to the Mane6's Justice League, and they tossed it for Tirek. I like that they decided to call back to him and make him a villain, but it makes me sad for what could've been.
>>
File: Reconciliation.png (2 MB, 1000x993) Image search: [Google]
Reconciliation.png
2 MB, 1000x993
>>25705366
I remember the whole thing, really. They always come together to face the odds. About halfway through they had to start fighting things without lazers, and season 5 is just way too emotional. every episode got to my core. especially the diamond tiara episode, that one really made me feel better. And some people might complain, but I love the redemption episodes. It warms to know that people can just get over petty shit and forgive if they take a little while to get to know eachother.
>>
File: 1442637506379.png (234 KB, 629x579) Image search: [Google]
1442637506379.png
234 KB, 629x579
>>25706059
>>25706106
Fuck, dudes, that was beautiful.
>>
>>25705366
The moment at the end of the Winter Wrap Up song were Twilight reaches out to everyone and they fade away.
>>
File: 1426444072703.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1426444072703.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
The worry from the season 3 finale, but the joy from true true friend was pretty good, plus smile song also ripped out my cock and turned me into a bitch for those 3 minutes.
>>
>>25707314
I wouldn't ever suggest people skip the premiere. Maybe it's just me, but for it's flaws the premiere was a good way to set up the characters and get a feel for them. That at least, was something it did well.
>>
I don't know why but I haven't watched many episodes from seasons 1-3. I remember watching the pilot around when it first was on tv but I didn't start watching the show until season 4 despite enjoying the pilot. I'm probably a huge faggot for not taking the time to watch any of the old episodes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybVwdXJdA98

I'll admit that I love MMC. Despite it's flaws it has some really catchy songs - some of the best in the series - and it's really fun.

But this? This goes beyond catchy and fun. it's fucking ethereal. Celestia finally gets to sing after 3 years and it's not just some throwaway song - It's a song about how proud she is of Twilight, it's a song about everything in the previous 3 years and it's fucking beautiful.

Fight me bitches
>>
File: goingtobeperfect.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
goingtobeperfect.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
>>25705366
I like most of the songs from the show, but This Day Aria gave me the most goosebumps...my favorite up until we met the Countess.

>>25705464
Autism time:
When I was reading "It's a Dangerous Business" I came across the part where the pronghorns claimed the lightning glyphs could be washed off with jelly. What if this pony had just learned how to wield lightning and his powers would have attracted Cheerilee?
>>
>>25707565
>Winter Wrap Up cemented my attachment to the show, and Suited for Success was when Rarity officially replaced Twilight as my favorite character.

Flutters is mai waifu, but more or less this.

Winter Wrap Up just charmed the fuck out of me and the Art of the Dress song was just perfect and finally made me love Rarara.
>>
>>25705366
twilight reading the letters impacted me hard

ponks lament song in pinkie pride is a close second
>>
>>25707088
This was the moment the show pretty much hooked me.
>>
>>25707046
>loving her after the scruffening is widely considered bait taste
>it triggers the vast majority of people here

I, uh... what?
>>
>>25705411
>mfw I actually skipped the song when it first came on.

I was still in the "I shouldn't be watching this fruity shit" phase despite marothoning it up to that point and skipped right to the end. When the reprise came up I decided I should watch the whole thing. It was stuck in my head all fucking day at work the next day.
>>
>>25705832
>In all of our 5 years, I've never even heard such a thing.
Where the fuck have you been hiding? I've been having to listen to their blather for at least three.
>>
>>25706106
>We should be glad to watch them flourish into what they were meant to be.
That's just it, namefag. This ISN'T what they were "meant to be".

It hasn't been for at least three seasons.
>>
>>25707464
>If your first episode is the pilot, you're probably not going to give it a chance because its too cutesy
I know a few thousand people who would disagree.
>>
File: 1449031470737.gif (920 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1449031470737.gif
920 KB, 245x230
>>25709538
Everyone has to be a victim snowflake.
>>
>>25705366
>It isn't that I'm ungrateful, for all the things that I've earned
>All the journeys I have taken, all the lessons that I've learned
>But I wonder where I'm going now
>what my role is meant to be
>I don't know how to travel
>to a future that I can't see

I relate to this part of the song more than I care to admit
>>
File: 1433390405536.png (22 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
1433390405536.png
22 KB, 300x100
Fuck. I haven't enjoyed this show wholeheartedly since the season 2 finale... I keep watching, hoping I'll still find that spark that hooked me, but it's gone... she's gone.
>>
>>25710376
I'm sorry you feel this way, anon
>>
File: derp.webm (2 MB, 640x373) Image search: [Google]
derp.webm
2 MB, 640x373
>>25705366
It's not my favorite moment, but if I had to pick the one I remember most then it would have to be this.
That entire day was crazy with her talking literally out of nowhere. No one could've seen that coming that day and it's probably the largest positive surprise I've seen out of the show.
>>
>>25710541
There will never be another moment like this.

RAGE.
>>
>>25710541
Every time I hear someone say that fan ideas shouldn't be in the show, I remember when I first saw that scene and how it felt like the most amazing thing I'd seen in years, and then I remember that someone somewhere thinks the happiness people shared that day should never have existed, and I feel sad and afraid and above all disappointed.
>>
>only watched the entire show once
>skipped half the songs at the time
>skipped every CMC episode
>muted the sound for a few parts
>was in a constant state of autistic happiness and cringe at the same time
>skipped the baby cakes episode entirely because babies can go to hell
I really need to go back and watch the show now that I've gotten over my cringing.
>>
>>25707565
>>25708196
>"Tell me she's not."
>"She is."

Oh, this. Just a tiny breach of the fourth wall: Yes, parents, this is a kids' show, there's a song coming on.

You're just going to have to deal with your kid repeating something about counting trees, or the Barney theme song, or something equally insipid to the tune of Happy Birthday for the next couple of weeks.

And then it turned out to be awesome, as in, both a cute/funny scene that a kid could enjoy, acutscenewitPinkiePiethatactuallyturnsintoarunninggagforhercharacter, but more importantly, it's a song that's got sufficient musical depth that an adult viewer can also enjoy it.

That set the hook, and then the Yakety Sax/Benny Hill style parody in Ticket Master reeled me in.

tl;dr: based Ingram is based.
>>
>>25710541
I watched this episode live on TV still in bed and half asleep, when this happened I thought I was still dreaming, I couldn't believe it.
>>
>>25705366
Wow Anon you really are autistic if this is how you feel about a soulless corporate mandate toy commercial.

Not like S1 was good to begin with. The execution(quirky charming actions, voice acting, songs, music quality, directing) was great, but the writing, story, etc. were horrible

Now S2 took the execution and ruined it. Forced cheesy unnatural actions which feel like an autistic maniac would write them.
>>
>>25711237
i'm sorry you hate fun anon
>>
>>25710321
me too, me too
>>
Jumped on mid-S2 so the most memorable moment had to be the A Canterlot Wedding. I was sitting in my room with the lights off and ear buds in watching the stream while painters were working in my living room. I was actually surprised when Chrys revealed herself. Thought I was quick on the whip with things like this but that actually took me aback a bit. Then This Day Aria, and the race to the elements and the bug-fight. I was just like, Holy shit am I still watching ponies? Then once part two came to an end and I looked out the window to the April 2012 afternoon I wondered to myself if I was ever going to be normal again having subjected myself and fallen in love with ML fuckin P. It was also those episodes that I showed my older sister what had become of her little ponies since she was a little girl. It was also the last episode my and two close friends enjoyed before they stopped caring about and moved on from the show by the time S3 rolled around. Yet here I am still going at it.
>>
>>25711237
Butthurt level: Amputated
>>
>>25711278
>>25711425
Thanks for proving me right. Oh and I'm sorry autists don't understand fun so they pretend to know.
>>
File: mad.gif (1 MB, 405x384) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
1 MB, 405x384
>>25711440
Everyone give this sour puss a (You) and something cozy. We can still save him!
>>
>>25711237
Care to give some examples?
I'm curious what between those two seasons really soured you to the show so much.
>>
File: AdiBPrO.jpg (111 KB, 1049x550) Image search: [Google]
AdiBPrO.jpg
111 KB, 1049x550
I didn't want a feels thread anons, but you did it anyway. time to cry myself to sleep
>>
>>25711278
>>25711440
fun?
what the fuck is that?
is it some sort of disease?
>>
>>25705366
>What moment in this show do you remember the most
Season 5 final

>why?
Because it just happened.
>>
>>25711356
FInales and season starters are usually hits and misses
>>
>>25707565

Don't forget the similar scene in Season 4.

> Applejack: Rainbow don't care much for musicals
> Rainbow: I know. Ponies just bursting into song at the drop of a hat. Who does that?
cue Rarity
>>
>>25708964

Superb taste.
>>
>>25705366

Something really memorable for me is Discord's reformation.

I started that episode mad as hell that they would try to reform the villain who was the antithesis of harmony, but I changed my mind.

There was all the subtle buildup and then

> Do you think I would really change all this back because if I don't I'll lose the one friend I ever ha-
> oh.
> Well played, Fluttershy. Well played.

In this scene and so many others, what really makes it so memorable is the body language and facial expressions.
>>
>>25711685
This was probably my favorite part of S3.
>>
File: 1421196729602.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1421196729602.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>25711356
>It was also the last episode my and two close friends enjoyed before they stopped caring about and moved on from the show by the time S3 rolled around.
I hate it when people just lose interest like that. I had a bunch of online friends from watching the show, and at this stage almost all of them have drifted away after they stopped watching.
>>
>>25711934
Some people really do just lose interest. I thought I did after season 2 and didn't watch S3 for almost a year, and haven't even gotten to S5 until just last night.

For me, I came back because I realized I was going to show as an emotional escape as opposed to something to enjoy. Now that I don't feel like the show should fulfill such an expectation, I can enjoy it. It's fanfuckingtastic.
>>
File: Surprise Package.png (3 MB, 2000x1600) Image search: [Google]
Surprise Package.png
3 MB, 2000x1600
I always remember the exact moment I knew the ride would never end for me, that god damn rainboom from season 1 episode 16. Thanks for the feels today guys, its been great re-living all these moments from the show and remembering why I still watch it to this day :')

>>25711934

you shouldn't define a friendship with them just over cartoon horses man, I met some really chill guys and lasses through the show, but even though most of them don't care for it anymore we still hang out and do other shit. Its great knowing we'll always be mates through the thin and thick of it, even with different interests just don't fall for one of them, still trying to get over her ;_;
>>
>>25711985
Don't you ever get over her.
>>
File: Discord_priceless_looks_S2E01.png (761 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Discord_priceless_looks_S2E01.png
761 KB, 1280x720
>>25705366
Watching the season 2 premiere episodes live, I think. First episodes I ever watched live, actually, (started watching with Party of One during season 1 but that was only a week at most before At the Gala aired so I missed it.) and I've only missed two since.

The atmosphere, the background music, Discord's animation shenanigans, his real (if short-lived) domination of Equestria, it was all so wonderful and still just 'feels' different from any other episode to me. And the week in between the parts airing leaving everyone excited for part 2 and everything up in the air (wonder if anyone still calls Tom 'Tom Dan'). Almost makes me wish they still separated them like that.

But I don't think I really have a moment where everything 'snapped into place' and I started loving the show. I just kinda went along with it from the first episode I watched.
>>
>>25712437
I wish I ever got to watch it live. I only saw one episode live with a bunch of horsefuckers and I don't even remember which one it was. I think it was when gak came out.

I'm jelly.
>>
>>25712441
Hey, don't worry, anon. You'll get your chance with season 6, the ride ain't goin anywhere. Oh, and if it was gak it was probably the season 3 premier, or some other season 3 episode.
>>
File: 1353401779662.gif (1 MB, 390x216) Image search: [Google]
1353401779662.gif
1 MB, 390x216
>>25705366
Twilight's cutie mark story as a whole is my favorite scene of the entire show, but when Twilight started jumping up and down saying "Yes, yes, yes" after telling her story, I felt such a deep and personal connection with Twilight that my heart skipped a beat. I had never felt such a connection to anyone in my entire life, whether they be real or fictional. That was possibly because I myself have a tic that makes me start jumping up and down when I get very excited. For most of you, that may have been one of Twilight's most adorkable moments, but I was just like "Holy fuck. She is similar to me even in that respect!". That was the very moment that she became my waifu and sadly the only pony (person) I have ever truly loved apart from myself..

By now I have realized that she isn't quite as similar to me as I had at first assumed, but she is just pretty much everything I ever wanted to be. She would wonderfully complement my own personality of being a cynical, chaotic, brilliant-but-lazy know-it-all while I could help her overcome her more OCD tendencies. She is just such a perfect fit for me that no real woman could ever compare. Why must I suffer so? Why can't my waifu be real? ;_;
>>
File: 1449630341364.png (179 KB, 707x967) Image search: [Google]
1449630341364.png
179 KB, 707x967
>>25712535
anon, the love you have for your waifu is more than many can match. with that kind of connection, she's as good as real.
>>
>>25712616
This guy gets it. The love you can feel for a cartoon candy pony is more real than what most humans will offer you. Don't let go of that for anything.
>>
>>25712616
>>25712633
Those are all pretty encouraging words, anons. But it doesn't change the fact that I'd pretty have to drive myself to insanity to start believing she's actually real. The other problem with waifu relationships is that it's pretty one-sided. You're basically imagining the other half of the relationship. I do truly love her, but I'm far too cynical and too much of a realist to fully indulge in my desires.
>>
>>25712645
Don't need to believe it forcefully. Just hope it happens, and keep pursuing happiness while it doesn't.
>>
>>25712657
What are you, a professional waifu relationship counselor?
>>
>>25712665
Oddly accurate, but not quite. I don't have special capabilities that you people don't. I just have less obstacles to what is innately inside all of us.
>>
>>25712657
>hope
Oh yes, "hope". I think remember when this word still meant something to me, when I was a child. The thing about hope is that you will only be disappointed. You can't have a nightmare if you never dream..
>>
>>25712680
Was gonna make some edgelord comments until I noticed there was a spoiler.
>>
>>25712645
hey, you don't have to be delusional and believe your waifu is really real for her to make you happy, just take joy in what you do have. but i'm sure you already knew that. keep on keepin on, anon. things will turn out alright.
>>
>>25712754
>keep on keepin on, anon
GAAAAAAAAAY
kidding
>>
>>25712719
I'm actually the worst edgelord the Internet has ever seen. The only thing preventing me from going full retard is me being an anon. If I were to become a namefag or tripfag, my ego would soon make Kanye West look humble in comparison. I do have a dream and my only dream is to become all-powerful and rule the entire universe. I care about nothing else. I wish I were joking, but I'm fucking not. I fantasize about it every day. I'm a sadist who'd love to make innocent people suffer just because I feel like it. The good thing is that in real life I would barely even hurt a fly, which is pretty telling. I'm the most pathetic person on the planet, a narcissist who only cares about himself. And yet, if I were given power, I would definitely become worse than Hitler. Just be glad that I'm powerless...for now.

Okay, that was enough of me being an edgelord for today. Top kek. Someone should start some edgelord competitions to see who is the greatest edgelord. I'm sure I would win hands down.
>>
>>25712775
I've been there, anon. Still kind of there. Just with different motives and standards. The chaos of being an edgelord can be a good catalyst for your growth under the right circumstances. It's not all bullshit, you know.

Those last two sentences have me feeling competitive, though. Maybe we'll act on that, maybe we won't.
>>
>>25712797
So wish I could be a Trixiefag but I just can't put up with the taste. Good thing some people have love for her. She needs it. They all need it.
>>
>>25712788
Okay, that was definitely not the response I was expecting. I do kind of feel sometimes that I am the only one who does something even though especially this site is filled with people who are similar to me in many respects. That's why I'm here after all. Is there anyone here who ISN'T some cynical, depressed fuck?
>>
>>25712809
taste? thanks anyway, every pony deserves love.
>>
>>25712820
Yes
>>
>>25712851
Somehow, I have a hard time believing this if you're not just some newfag.
>>
File: 1442359484050.png (251 KB, 504x600) Image search: [Google]
1442359484050.png
251 KB, 504x600
>>25712820
Honestly, this world is made of bullshit. There's some pretty sights and some kind people, but it still runs on bullshit. We really have no business being happy here. It's a sign of mental illness or weakness to look out into an entire society of misdirected aggression and crap without feeling depressed. This can be compared to why introverts often seem to be deep people when you get to know them.

Not that being cynical is what makes somebody deep, but still.

As long as you constantly try to be knowledgeable about where your pain comes from, it can almost never weigh you down fatally. For example, when my parents fought when I was a child, I was constantly told by every adult I knew that it wasn't my fault and that I shouldn't feel guilty... And I thought those adults were stupid and insulting my intelligence. It wasn't until adulthood that I realized they were afraid I'd misunderstand what brought the strife about.

Be honest with yourself, admit it when you're being a dumbass and be stern when you really think you have a reason to be cynical, and you'll be fine. Probably.
>>
File: latest[2].png (332 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
332 KB, 640x360
>>25710321
>There's so much more still left
>To learn about yourself
>See the light that shines in you
>We know you can be somepony else

>You can stop right now
>And try another start
>You'll finally free yourself from the dark
>And see the light
>And see the light of your cutie mark

Not really nostalgic, since it's so recent, but man does that part cut deep.

CotLM really made me relive that magic that I felt when I got on the ride four years ago.
>>
>>25712856
I've been here for six years. Yes, 4chan is addicting for many different kinds of people, you have to be 12 to believe only depressed special snowflakes get stuck in here
>>
>>25712858
>when my parents fought when I was a child
Well, it seems we really are pretty similar after all, aren't we? I do realize that being cynical all the time won't do me any good. Recently, I've tried to become more of a realist than a cynic. Both optimists and pessimists; idealists and cynics are wrong, for reality is always somewhere in between. And that middle is what I'm striving for. I can't be a wide-eyed idealist when I know how terrible human beings are, but I shouldn't be a complete cynic either when I know that humans are also capable of kindness and good deeds. Being in that healthy middle is the only true reality.
>>
File: somebody-kill-me-please.png (158 KB, 318x221) Image search: [Google]
somebody-kill-me-please.png
158 KB, 318x221
>>25710541
It's embarrassing how much I sperged out over this.
>>
>>25711934
I suppose Im lucky that these are meatspace friends Ive had for 10+ years. And I can still sometimes mention the pone in passing and get a chuckle or a 'good times' reflection moment once in a while. Still not quite the same as being able to talk about them with as much regularity or how the latest new episode was like we could at one point. Hell those bastards were the ones that convinced me to try the show in the first place. They werent kidding when they sang "Few things last thats all I know but friendship carries on through the ages"
>>
>>25705679
Oh, man...

I hope everything will be good for you and your family.

>>25706059
>We think too much, and feel too little.
Sacred words.

>>25706106
>Eventually, you get to a point where you're quite simply honored for the chance to bear the dull ache of sweet memories you'll never have again. The pain itself never goes away, but that doesn't mean that it always hurts. It stops feeling like a wound and more like the release of a good bawling session.
Why are you doing this? Why are cutting me so deep?

>>25706713
>>25706782
>>25706822
Too much to bear...

>>25706933
>She stopped looking like a huge, boring drag, and started appealing to my sincere inner white knight. I don't want to dismiss and ignore her anymore. I want to be her anchor. I want to be the reason she's still sane when things don't go her way. She's always holding things together and stressing nowadays, and as much as I adore and fawn over her for her efforts, watching that candy horse do what she does just breaks my heart.
Just kill me to save these feels...

>>25707933
>this pic
Why...
>>
>>25712921
Exactly. And the biggest obstacle of hitting that mental sweet spot of realism is admitting how simple it is. You have to make a lot of sacrifices to be honesty and cease to kid yourself. Being in tune with reality is the easy part. Refusing to give in to the seductive nature of ignorance is the real difficulty, because there's simply more rewards to being a tard on earth.
>>
File: EQG.jpg (45 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
EQG.jpg
45 KB, 800x450
I feel bad fo this, but it's probably was the first EQG opening.

It was the moment, when I've understood - how much Hasbro and DHX care about us.
how different people's opinion can be, right?
>>
>>25712931
>Eventually, you get to a point where you're quite simply honored for the chance to bear the dull ache of sweet memories you'll never have again. The pain itself never goes away, but that doesn't mean that it always hurts. It stops feeling like a wound and more like the release of a good bawling session.

Cut myself on that one, too, man. I didn't realize how viscerally hard-hitting that would be until I was done writing it.
>>
>>25712932
That's why I love this place. It's amazing how quickly we can go from telling others to kill themselves and endlessly repeating dank maymays to having highly philosophical discussions.
>>
>>25712958
It's ok, it's ok. It's not your fault that I want to cry everyday now. It's no ones fault. It's just life...

>>25712966
This.
>>
File: twicute.jpg (982 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twicute.jpg
982 KB, 1920x1080
>>25712966
Amen. I was on a high from watching the season 4 finale for the first time when I made this thread. I didn't want to have all those feels for myself. I had to share them with my fellow horsefuckers, even if I knew they would go back to bloodthirsty, aimless aggression the first chance they got.

You're wrong, Tirek! I may have given you my Alicorn magic, but I carry within me the most powerful magic of all!

It was the most corny thing anyone has or ever will say in the past or future, but god that hit me so fucking hard. 4 seasons later and the Friendship is Magic song and dance was given form. I cried like a bitch and I loved it.
>>
File: Remembrance.png (1 MB, 1365x583) Image search: [Google]
Remembrance.png
1 MB, 1365x583
>>25712938
Hey, I don't blame you. EQG is really good.

Also, that pic reminds me of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1j_vbiV9w0

I remember first playing that awful Gameloft game a little over a year ago, but one of the really nice things about it was this instrumental of Time To Come Together. It hit me like a tidal wave of nostalgia, and made me reflect on all the good times I've had with the ponies over the last few years.

It sounds so pathetic to actually type it out, but on some level, I really do consider them to be my friends.
>>
>>25710541
>the feel when you cant stand to watch this episode after the change.
>>
>>25713012
Man, just loosen the shackles of Stockholm Syndrome and admit that there's no shame in thinking of them as your friends.

A friend comforts you and tells you what you need to hear. They're not the wealth of morals a lot of horesfuckers try to say they are, but still. They have everything you need in a friend. Don't let the thoughts of others drive you away from believing that.
>>
>>25712996
>You're wrong, Tirek! I may have given you my Alicorn magic, but I carry within me the most powerful magic of all!
Ok, Potter, it's not time for your bullshit.

>>25713024
>Man, just loosen the shackles of Stockholm Syndrome and admit that there's no shame in thinking of them as your friends.
Unless it is. A friend is someone you can live your life with. Sorry.

I go back to crying.
>>
>>25713017
I, too, know that feel. I haven't watched that episode in ages because of Derpygate.
>>
>>25713040
I feel like I'm living my life with them just fine. But I have a lot of confidence and experience to make that possible, I guess.

>>25713054
>Derpygate
my ribs
>>
File: 034[1].png (219 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
034[1].png
219 KB, 640x360
>>25713024
Well yeah, I didn't say it actually was pathetic, since I don't think there's anything wrong with being attached to fictional characters.

I just can't help but feel a bit embarrassed when I admit it.

Ponies really do make me feel good though. They still have that potently anti-depressive effect on me.
>>
>>25713089
That embarrassment will become joy at faster and faster rates the more you let yourself say it. I would know. Keep at it. Eventually it stops being something you try to avoid and more of something you go to for comfort because it's just that great.
>>
File: s p aj1.jpg (265 KB, 1334x1296) Image search: [Google]
s p aj1.jpg
265 KB, 1334x1296
>>25713069
Are you talking about tulpas, or something completelly different?

>>25713089
>Ponies really do make me feel good though. They still have that potently anti-depressive effect on me.
I wish I could say the same these days...
>>
>>25713024
you know, i'd never even considered thinking of the ponies as friends before, but i think it sounds pretty nice. no different from thinking of a pony as your waifu, really.
>>
File: wound.png (31 KB, 1064x342) Image search: [Google]
wound.png
31 KB, 1064x342
>>25713121
Nah. I've simply boiled myself down to a point where I don't seek companionship in humans anymore. I don't shut it out or think of it as unviable. I just get so much out of these mares for free that the comparative value of human companionship seems to falter miserably when weighed against what you have to endure to keep another human around.

Diamonds in the rough fall into my lap once in a while. But other than that, I don't really need people that much. I seek happiness and sincerity, I share them, and that is my life.

>>25713165
The are, aren't they? Honor them by shaping yourself into a good friend, or keeping yourself there if you are already. Only the transition hurts.
>>
>>25713181
Whoa that's some deep thinking there
Never really paid attention to waifus
call me emotionless but i really don't feel anything for charachters
i like personalities sure but it's not enough for me to love something or someone
>>
>>25713214
There's no insulting nature in my voice when I say I feel sorry for you. The obsession of waifu love is something I've never felt anywhere else.
>>
File: 1448408312104.png (270 KB, 494x750) Image search: [Google]
1448408312104.png
270 KB, 494x750
>>25706848
>Creative differences
>>
>>25713223
I ain't that anon i just wanted to pop in the conversation as i found it rather interesing
>>
File: Muh property.png (831 KB, 735x583) Image search: [Google]
Muh property.png
831 KB, 735x583
>>25713181
Saved.

>I've simply boiled myself down to a point where I don't seek companionship in humans anymore.
I understand. I've been on this point, but it's not for me. I still want to be with people.

>I seek happiness and sincerity, I share them, and that is my life.
I too, but it's not enough for me. I want also love. And I have no love.
>>
File: 1422075512617[1].png (936 KB, 800x1300) Image search: [Google]
1422075512617[1].png
936 KB, 800x1300
>>25713165
They sure feel like friends, but reality is as always a cruel mistress.

They're not real.
>>
>>25713214
i can relate to you, anon. i mean, i do have a waifu, and she is my favorite pony and i think she's beautiful and i love her personality, but i can't really say that i feel genuine, actual love for her. and i admire those who do. i still do consider her my waifu though, even if i don't feel as strongly about it as some.

>>25713181
i'll do my best.

>>25713262
yes, i know anon. i'm not completely alone in this world, but it doesn't hurt to pretend a little.
>>
>>25713260
I know that feel. Maybe it won't always be enough that I love Twilight, but it is for now.
>>
>>25713297
then again, i'm not sure i'd ever be able to genuinely think of the ponies as friends. not because i'd be ashamed of it, but because i just don't have that level of... connection? and friend implies a two-way relationship. i don't know. either way, mlp has affected my life in too many ways for me to consider it just a tv show, and these characters are important to me, whether or not i use the word "friend." i suppose i should think on it some more.

ah well, i'm gonna take a nap now, see you guys if this thread is still here when i get back. and sorry for talking so much about myself.
>>
>>25705430
found the hasdrone
>>
>>25713344
Luck you.
>>
>>25713638
Luck? Nah. Paid the price of a lot of pain before I got to this point.
>>
>>25713666
It's ok, all of us pay high price, buy only some get the treasure, satan.
>>
>>25713683
It's true, the world isn't a hugbox place where putting in effort always gets you something. Paying the right price is helpful, though.
>>
>>25713693
True, but usually the price is too high and the quality of things too low.
>>
>>25713707
Can I get a reaction image of the word "THIS" where the letters are a hybrid of red-hot metal and veiny flesh?
>>
Waitwhat? Is the show over?
>>
>>25713738
No. Never believe that until you see something reputable saying so. We're just having feels here, Anon. Don't worry.
>>
>>25705679
You're a fantastic son Anon
>>
>>25705832
As a fringe brony... I agree with you. I liked the pilot and first few eps. After that it became too nobelbright for me before I eventually started to settle into it again.
>>
>>25713715
Probably, but I haven't got one.
>>
S3s first episode. Me and my boyfriend strapped into the ride at the start. We met through it, and that was the first episode we watched together.
>>
>>25713820
Are you a grill?
>>
>>25713820
>>25713875
Have you learned nothing from our inbred extended family over in /b/?
>>
File: image_4.png (255 KB, 792x1009) Image search: [Google]
image_4.png
255 KB, 792x1009
>>25713875
Where do you think you are anon? Of course I'm a Guy.
>>
File: dash lap.png (267 KB, 1043x783) Image search: [Google]
dash lap.png
267 KB, 1043x783
I love you faggots. Might hate most of you, but hate and love do not necessarily conflict.

God, this thread has been good.

https://youtu.be/iIx7Pk2ugRA?list=RDiIx7Pk2ugRA&t=131
>>
File: Smile Smile Smile.jpg (43 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
Smile Smile Smile.jpg
43 KB, 720x537
>>25705679

I had something of a similar experience with Smile Smile Smile. The episode had come out just a few weeks before I got hit by a drunk driver, sustaining a brain injury. In my early recovery I did something called "perseveration," basically the brain getting stuck in loops; my family says just after the accident I'd just repeat the same five questions, go silent, and then ask them again, verbatim in like 5 minutes.

Anyway, memory was pretty shot at the time and I didn't have the concentration to do much of anything that lasted longer than five minutes, or the memory to remember what I was doing. But Smile Smile Smile? That was bubbly and happy helped me feel less depressed and it was something my limited cognitive capacities could enjoy. I must've listened to the thing a hundred times a day for the week before I moved to the rehabilitation unit. There was even a kind of cool thing about it; you know how you'd give almost anything to be ableto experience something cool for the first time again? Well, I didn't get to experience it for the first time, but because my brain wasn't making connections like it usually did there was like no habituation. I could remember most of the listens on a conscious level, but I enjoyed the 56th time as much as I did the first.

Pic related, is me after the accident.

(Don't worry, I got much better and I'm about to go to one of the best law schools in the country next fall)
>>
File: 1448400997475.gif (607 KB, 577x624) Image search: [Google]
1448400997475.gif
607 KB, 577x624
>>25713921
Keep kicking ass, dude.
>>
>>25713746
Curse you, lol. You gave me a hearty. Thanks for the clarification
>>
>>25713970
I know how much I'd appreciate that clarification in a thread like this. You're welcome.
>>
I think my favorite moment was when I realized exactly what this show was. Episode 14 season 1 to be exact. Suited For Success made me realize this show was about adult women living their lives and accomplishing their goals while making and understanding their friends along the way. Other than Fluttershy, each and every one of the main 6 has a goal, duties, responsibilities, and jobs and it makes it much more interesting a slice of life plot than K-On (as an example of another show about women who become friends and live their lives) which focuses around purely the drama or has a setting I can't really connect with. I always tell my friends that this show is my K-On, but tend to leave out the part about enjoying it more because of the more adult setting for the characters because if I tried to explain that, I wouldn't be able to fully back up the fact that the characters act rather childish mentally sometimes for the sake of the plot or moral.
>>
>>25714028
Innocent and unpolluted is what they are, Anon.

Also,
>Other than Fluttershy, each and every one of the main 6 has a goal, duties, responsibilities, and jobs
not even a Flutterfag, but
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25714028
>>25714057
I am a flutterfag, and Flutter's job seems to be running a hobby farm. I don't remember her having any goals, but taking care of a ton of animals is a lot of work.
>>
>>25714028
>Other than Fluttershy, each and every one of the main 6 has a goal, duties, responsibilities, and jobs
>Other than Fluttershy

You've never cared for multiple pets, I see. Never volunteered at an animal shelter, either. Butterbitch can set the bone of a goddamn mouse and build a tiny wheelchair for it. That is talent.
>>
>>25714093
>>25714102
I guess she doesn't have some focused, direct goal, so... I guess that's applicable. I guess I just don't find that very relevant.
>>
>>25714093
>>25714102

Not trying to imply she doesn't have a Tallent or isn't good at anything. She just doesn't really have a job or anything close to a job. I assume she does get random people asking for help with their pets, but I'm guessing it's minimal amount because of Secret of My Excess where it's shown that Ponyville does have a vet.
>>
File: 1381382282552.jpg (829 KB, 621x5000) Image search: [Google]
1381382282552.jpg
829 KB, 621x5000
>>25706373
>not The Zam bumping his own thread while still namefagging
>not when an edgehog was chosen over a bunny rabbit for Sega's unnamed platformer
>not when Disney animators drew Mickey fucking Minnie and show it to their boss, Walt Disney and unsurprisingly all of them got fired for it
>not when Sir Arthur Conan Doyle decided that a fanfic of Maximilien Heller would be a good idea
>not when the greeks were busy circlejerking themselves over abstract concepts
>not druids making up stories for gods that nobody else gave a shit about
Anon, pls.
>>
>>25712775
That sounds boring.

>Making a ruthless machine to squish billions of innocents under your steel boot for maximum suffering and keks while putting the nazis and 1984 to shame?
Bleh.
>Becoming a philosopher king and running a benevolent world dictatorship while trying to corral humanity to excellence? All without it killing itself?
More moving parts means more challenge. Interesting and infinitely more fun.
>>
>>25714236
That thread belongs in the Louvre.
>>
>>25709108
>This Day Aria
That song is just so fucking perfect. It's solid storytelling, the musical bit is great, and it just works on so many levels. I broke youtube listening to it after I heard it the first time.
>>
File: museum.gif (3 MB, 525x225) Image search: [Google]
museum.gif
3 MB, 525x225
>>25714337
>>
File: 1449474107158.gif (406 KB, 350x252) Image search: [Google]
1449474107158.gif
406 KB, 350x252
This show has caused me a wonderful set of different feels. However the one I remember the most was at the season 2 opener, seeing a rupture in the ponies' friendship broke my heart. I was rooting for them like I've never done before, and I wanted that faggot ass discord to rot in hell forever. The Star Wars ending was great.
The ending in S5 had a similar effect on me, though. Seeing ponies go through war, have missing limbs and seeing the implied extinction of all ponies was too depressing to see in this kind of show in my opinion. Had Glimmer been sent to Tartarus forever for what she made every pony suffer through instead, I would've loved the episode
>>
File: daily reminder to have fun.webm (2 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder to have fun.webm
2 MB, 1000x562
>>25712820
I'm often cynical and sometimes depressed, but I actively try to find good things to care about and bring the focus of others back onto those things rather than complaining all the time- especially on /mlp/. So sort of what you're looking for, I guess.
>>
>>25713921
Cousin! Let's go bowling!
>>
File: 1449430652116.png (41 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
1449430652116.png
41 KB, 300x192
>>25706604
>enjoying the most cringy and autistic lolrandumb pinkie moment in the entire series
>>
>>25714057
Actually, over half of the main six have no particular goals, even in season 1. Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy aren't really planning to go anywhere in particular with what they do. They're happy just to do it. They still have responsibilities, things they want and things they're good at, they just don't have a long-term objective in mind.
>>
>>25715023
I have a freckle on my penis.
>>
>>25715249
This is what I get for making a show discussion post on /mlp/.
>>
>>25715291
Are you claiming to be OP?
>>
>>25715021
Dude, that was one of the best moments in the entire episode, you sperg.

And you wanna talk about most autistic Pinkie moment? Are you forgetting how she acted during A Friend Indeed, Filli Vanilli, and Games Ponies Play? Pinkie was fucking god-tier in Testing in comparison.
>>
>>25715368
No, I was just talking about the post you replied to.
>>
>>25715417
Are you implying TT123 wasn't top tier as a whole?
>>
>>25715449
Of course not. It's my favorite S4 episode.
>>
>>25715444
Was gonna sperg all over your face. damn it.

>>25715449
Fucking loved that one. TWIGGY PIGGYYYYYYYY
>>
>>25705517
That choked me up. But even after watching that up through Boast Busters in my first sitting I was still able to deny my true nature until the next day.
>>
>>25705873
This song is actually how my best friend and I started watching the show. We saw it on /f/ and thought it was autistic shit, so we checked it out since we figured we'd make fun of it, which we did.

But we kept watching.

We ended up loving the show and showed it to a other best friend who took surprisingly well to it and has stayed on the ride ever since. However, my bro who initially watched it with me left the ride after Season 2 because the characters changed pretty dramatically and they fucked up Spike. I almost left too, since Pinkie became autistic instead of funny, so the magic kind of left.

Something kept me watching, though, and ever since Season 4 I've been thoroughly enjoying the show.

Aside from this, it's really hard for me to pick a most memorable scene. I've cried, sperged, and squeed so many times over this show I couldn't even choose. So I suppose this song is the most memorable scene for me, the song that started it all.
>>
File: small.gif (800 KB, 286x240) Image search: [Google]
small.gif
800 KB, 286x240
>>25715537
Talking about Boast Busters, this was one of the first convincing and memorable moments for me. Twilight confronting the Ursa Minor was unexpectedly cool. Nightmare Moon was an initial trigger for me to give this show a shot. However this scene gave to me new motivation to continue just when I was losing interest again. The little background melody was also really enchanting, making me believe it was going to be a personal theme music for Twilight (and I still pretend it is).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzPSdMh84Ug&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>25705774
First half of the pilot is pretty good, second half is kinda meh, but it's defiantly not bad. Lot's of people don't really like it, in comparison to the rest of the series, which makes sense, because it's the fucking pilot, usually they're not the most concise representation of the show.
>>
>>25715718
That being said, for particular moments in the show, True True Friend stands out to me as being super emotional. it's actually a great representation of the entire show as one song; you know the over romanticized themes, visual aesthetic, the song itself being strong, it's about the characters we've come to love, man it's just so fucking good.
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.