[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did Celestia just leave the castle and the elements to rot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
So why did Celestia just leave the castle and the elements to rot?
>>
>>25681383
Because the plot has as many holes as swiss cheese
>>
>>25681383
I thought to myself the other day.

In the Nightmare Moon timeline do you think Canterlot is completely derelict? Or at least the castle, like Ponyville and Royal Sisters castle
>>
>>25681397
I would imgane Nightmare would just completely destroy Celestia's new castle out of spite
>>
>>25681383

The Elements rejected her after she used them on Luna, rendering her unable to manipulate them. Ordinary rocks in a caste falling to ruin was a safe place to hide the things anyway.
>>
>>25681591
This.

Celestia turned all 6 elements against someone who had been attuned to 3 of them. It worked, but the backlash would have mostly severed the connection.

She left the castle because it was Luna's seat of power and the Everfree was growing unruly. She left the Elements there so they would be kept safe until needed.
>>
>>25681383
Because once Celestia knew that the power within those stones were gone which render them useless.
>>
>>25681638
>She left the castle because it was Luna's seat of power

No, that's not right, it was THEIR seat of power, they both had thrones.

Everfree probably played a role in the relocation to Canterlot though, and given Celestia's attempts to purge her sister from history as well, it would make more sense to build a new castle dedicated to her and only her than to try and rebuild and refashion the one ruined by NMM.
>>
>>25681638
>>backlash because luna was a bearer.
how does this make sense? wouldnt it be more logically based on the fact that celestia absolutely betrayed her friend in the moment of using them? she may as well have died. 1k years mang
>>
>>25681638
>kept safe until needed.
>Kept safe
Yes, unguarded in the middle of the forest where any asshole/creature could've taken them and doom the planet

https://youtu.be/7Zz7wgCqmxI
>>
>>25681954

Even Canterlot's safest vault wasn't safe enough, physical barriers and unicorn spells matter very little it seems. Also the Element of Magic is hidden and immovable, it makes no sense to separate the elements.
>>
The more you try and hide something the more in danger you put it. I mean no one even knew those things existed and its in the middle of a dangerous forest.
>>
>>25681383
Guilt
>>
File: medium-25.png (186 KB, 481x563) Image search: [Google]
medium-25.png
186 KB, 481x563
>>25682602
That makes sense, and is also kinda depressing
>>
>>25681383
Celestia's a NEET.

She only left the castle after it was completely falling apart, and only then after the cake and ramen stocks dried out.

Everfree forest was just the castle's garden, but she kept being too lazy to do any work gardening it.
>>
>>25681383
Celestia had just used the Elements to send her sister, the one pony she was closest to, to the Moon, possibly forever. She had to have been so traumatized by what she had done that it was too painful to even look at the Elements anymore. So she left them in the ruins of the castle and never returned.
>>
>>25681383
Bad memories about banishing her sister.
Besides if she wants a new castle she just orders and the lackeys obey
Or else...

>>25682811
In the comics she got some good sombra dick to help herself get over it.
>>
>>25682908
>In the comics she got some good sombra dick to help herself get over it.

Can we just agree that nothing is cannon if it comes from garbage? I just don't feel that the comics especially that particular story line deserves that level of recognition. Which is to say we should all pretend it doesn't exist, the same way we here in America like to gloss over the other country with concentration camps in WW2.
>>
File: quit being weird.png (125 KB, 216x271) Image search: [Google]
quit being weird.png
125 KB, 216x271
>>25683100
Anon can your autism, that's why I mentioned it was from the comics, I didnt like Reflections either just mentioned cause I found it funny.
>>
>>25683155
Yeah, but others talk about it like it's a thing that exists, and I feel that is wrong. I always hear dumb dumbs trying to defend garbage, like "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull wasn't bad, watch Temple of Doom and you'll see that it's just as silly." No respect for the fact that Temple was actually enjoyable to watch (and, as an added bonus, Shia LeBouf free).
>>
>>25681771
>>25682650
If Celestia tried to purge Luna from the history books then why does Nightmare Night exist? Anyone who knows about Nightmare Night knows it is based around the legend of Nightmare Moon, and anyone who knows about Nightmare Moon would know that she was Celestia's sister and once ruled alongside her. It might make sense to believe she never existed if Celestia weren't around either, but Celestia, a living godlike being who has been in power for as long as anyone can remember, is alive and well. So there's no reason to believe Luna never existed.

I suppose the Mare in the Moon myth never stated specifically who the two sisters were, but it's not hard to guess that Celestia is the elder sister who "took over responsibilty for both sun and moon, and harmony has been preserved in Equestria for generations since."
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.