[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Starlight Glimmer is confirmed the most powerful being in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: large (8).png (120 KB, 872x1020) Image search: [Google]
large (8).png
120 KB, 872x1020
So Starlight Glimmer is confirmed the most powerful being in Equestria?
>>
>>25678402
>So Starlight Glimmer is confirmed the best at dodging in Equestria
FTFY
>>
>>25678402

Studying your opponent's capacities for months will give you an advantage, especially if you're competent yourself.

She didn't so much outpower Twilight as outprepare her.

Batman vs. Superman, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>25678546
too bad superman would destroy batman before he could get his kryptinite, though
>>
>>25678402
>"Believe that all you want, Anon."
>>
File: This'll be good.gif (538 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
This'll be good.gif
538 KB, 500x281
>>25678546
>>25678584
And so the supermanfags start to show up.
>>
>>25678611
...Did you not watch the S5 finale?
Celestia can't do shit
>>
>Superman wins the battle over Batman by simple telling parent jokes
>>
>>25678625
i'm not one of them, though.
assuming batman wasn't carrying kryptinite, superman would destroy him because of his sheer speed and strength, or lasers
>>
Isn't there a new Superman VS. Batman movie coming out? I watched the trailer but seriously had no idea what even was going on in it.
>>
>>25678546
Or, for the /tg/ folks like me, Starlight was a powergaming wizard against a powergaming sorcerer. Twilight didn't have a chance.
>>
>Implying Starlight could defeat any of the alt timeline villains except Flim and Flam
>>
>>25678670
I like to think of it more as Twilight is core rulebooks and epic level handbook (because she's an alicorn now), and starlight is ridiculous third party d20 content that claims it is balanced with the licensed stuff.
>>
>>25678670
Chance at what? Stopping her timetravelling? Yeah. But her plan was so retarded she didn't even consider the consequences. Defeating her in a battle? Please, Twilight would have had won.
>>
Starlight with prep time ~ Twilight
>>
>>25678760
Starlight with prep time and access to epic level artifacts ~ Twilight.
>>
I like to think that Starlight is very good at a few spells, but Twilight has a broader repository of them.

For example we saw Twilight:
>Self-levitating (Crystal empire episode)
>Easily teleport herself and multiple ponies (She got much better at it over the course of the series)
>Just disintegrating stuff to nothing (Pinkies party supplies in two episodes, Paper she ripped out of a book, etc.)
>Fix Starsswirls spell, which was apparently pretty hefty
>Apparently she can easily copy spells just by observing them once (E.g. finale)
>She also seems to be very, very good at defensive magic where Starlight is more offensive and better at manipulation spells
I probably forgot something
>>
>>25678787
Also Starlight had time to prepare and didn't need to use her strength. Twilight constantly had to cast the time spell AND deal with the alternative realities.

as we saw they were pretty even, especially as they became more exhausted. They could still easily create shield spells and magic missles.
>>
>>25678787
That sounds like a case of Gary Oak/Ash Ketchum.
>>25678646
If I remember right, it's canon in at least one of the numerous renditions that he has a kryptonite ring or something for that reason.
>>
File: Discord_priceless_looks_S2E01.png (761 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Discord_priceless_looks_S2E01.png
761 KB, 1280x720
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>25678670
wouldn't it be the opposite? Twilight had years of training with the best possible resources available in Equestria, whereas Starlight just intrinsically "got it" with things like learning extended levitation and time spell between premiere and finale.

Also that crystal freeze spell seems like something exclusive to crystal ponies, but Starlight somehow copied that too.
>>
>>25678902
She didn't learn shit. She just stole a spell and modified it. She can't cast the spell without the scroll.
>>
>>25678902

It's obvious that at least some point, Glimmer broke into and likely looted a considerable chunk of the Starswirl archives.

That she figured out it worked with the map -also- means there's got to be some kind of information about the castle in there, too. It's not like Twilight spends much time in there, given her reaction to finding out she even had access to begin with.

We know Starlight spent at least a decent amount of time in Canterlot, given she manages to stalk Twilight there so well she can get a table at a fancy eatery without trying on short notice AND avoid official notice.

The whole Batman comparison makes more sense the more you think about it....
>>
>>25678402
Yes, and she'll replace Twilight Sparkle as the new princess in S6.
>>
>>25678402
>glimmerfags actually think this
>>
File: latest-2.jpg (34 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
34 KB, 600x600
>>25678546
If a mare can't kill god, then the devil will do it!
>>
File: Hello friend.png (33 KB, 393x499) Image search: [Google]
Hello friend.png
33 KB, 393x499
>>25678402
Really depends on what you consider powerful.

You have a being that is the embodiment of Chaos itself, which is an ancient Primordial force that absolutely must exist for reality to keep it in place.

You have the embodiment of Anti-thesis, or The Void, which is not a nescessity but rather one of the first after effects of The Universe.

You have embodiments of the Sun, The Moon, of Nightmares, and Time. You have embodiments of Corruption, and Lust.

And then there's Ms Glimmer.

In a realm populated with literally Elder Gods, do you call a traveler between the planes as one?

If you were to stand on the same aether as Yog Sototh, Cthulu, Azathoth, and Nyarlotohep, would you really call yourself a God, or would you think yourself just a clever observer who travels wide and far?

Its all a matter of perspective.

Travelers without destination are nothing more than vagrants trying to run from an event either in the past or in the future.

Travelers with a destination can be whatever they want, if they so chose to be so.

That being, that they survive their journies into foreign lands, inhabited with literal forces of Reality itself.

If you go with a heavy heart, you'll find yourself falling eternally into a Void that will shift you into different dimensions over and over, like channels being shifted over and over again.

So to answer your question, she's essentially just the evil version of Wander before her reformation.
https://youtu.be/Nw4-DpC4cF0
>>
>>25678611
>Likely got her shit pushed in by NMM in the opener
>Blown out by charged Chrysalis
>Gave her power to the most inexperienced alicorn instead of taking all the alicorn power and beating Tirek
>Hasn't done anything with her magic except something talent related or throwing a simple laser spell
>Most powerful
>>
>>25678402

I dunno about that, but she does have the strongest smelling anus in all of Equestria.
>>
>>25678844
Yup, the justice league goes crazy over some mind control villain and Batman fucks em all, using a kryptonite ring to punch Superman
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.