[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Pony - Power Ponies CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11
File: Super OP pic by Inept.gif (162 KB, 708x400) Image search: [Google]
Super OP pic by Inept.gif
162 KB, 708x400
Well they tell you that you’re wanted. Yeah, you’re a wanted mare edition

>Oh look, another text-based CYOA, what's with this one?
Glad you asked.

Welcome to Super Pony, a CYOA taking place in Maretropolis, a city where the forces of good and evil are at a constant struggle.
You play as Easy Ride, also known as Road Rage, and this is your quest to get back at Boomerang for sending you to prison and subsequently ruining your life.

Catch up on this and other CYOAs here:
http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/capeshit

Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/DF5XiQqi

Last time:
>Killed Recluse and burned down your apartment
>Obtained a 50,000 bit bounty on your head, as well as being wanted for murder.
>Got rid of the statue
>Moved out to the desert for the next three months to train and hone your powers.

Special thanks to Alch for the art this week.

Here we go.
>>
>>25670749
>The clattering of the truck annoys you, the weak suspension bouncing over every bump.
>Every turn you make, the items around you shift, and you cling to the hay bedding, not wanting to be thrown into the metal sides of the vehicle.
>Only a miniscule amount of light enters the back of the truck, and even after your eyes have taken time to adjust, you can hardly see anything but the faint outlines of various crates and boxes.
>You would light a flame for light, but with flammable objects surrounding you, you dare not do anything but wait.
>So you sit, mind wandering to what desert hermit life will be like, or if three months will even be enough for you to get good enough to even stand a chance.
>Every time the vehicle stops, you panic, expecting the back to be thrown open to reveal hundreds of police officers, glowing horns pointed at you, but each time, the truck soon sputters back to life, lurching you forward.
>Soon, the stops become less frequent, until the ride becomes smoother, the truck moving at a constant rate.
>With nothing better to do, you lie down on the open straw crate, and settle in for an uneasy nap.

>The vehicle jolts, shaking you from your nap, and the vehicle clatters, bumping and shaking.
>You cling to the bundled straw, trying to hold on as the truck jostles you this way and that.
>Your fetlocks bang on the sides of wood crates, but you still maintain your hold.
>After what feels like an eternity, the truck slows to a halt, and you hop onto the truck’s floor.
>The door on the back flies open, and a brutal light floods your eyes, temporarily blinding you.
>You cover your eyes with a forehoof, waiting for your vision to adjust.
>Tentative, you lower your leg to take in the sights.
>A pony wearing a dark blue robe stands at the entrance, his clothing obscuring his face from your view.
>Outside the truck, you see the sandstone mouth of a cave, yellow-orange sand spreading out to the horizon.
>>
>>25670762
Home sweet home I guess.
>>
>>25670762
Take your stuff and visit your new appartment
Also discuss logistics for the three monthes with he hidden pony, how will the supplying go?
>>
>>25670762
We cavemare now.
Ask him when we should expect supplies.
>>
>>25670803
>>25670806
>>25670821
“Home sweet home,” you muse to yourself, grabbing the nearest object, a crate full of food.
>The cloaked pony grabs a couple planks of wood, setting them up as ramps.
“So, how’s this gonna work?” You ask, pushing the crate towards the entrance of the car. “How’s this supplying process going to go?”
>”Expect another shipment of supplies one month from now,” He says, voice low and gravelly.
>”This is what you have for food and water this month. Make it last, as there will be no”
“What about hygiene?”
>”Plumbing wasn’t included in your budget, neither do you have water to spare for it.”
“So what, no shower?”
>”You have enough water to use for cooking and drinking. One half gallon per day, no more.”
“Great…” You say, dropping a crate of straw on the ground.
“What about bedding?”
>”You have your jacket and plenty of straw to keep you comfortable.”
“Right, comfortable,” you scoff. Comfort will likely be hard to come by in the next few months.
“And in three months?”
>”I will return you to the same place I collected you, and you and I will have never met.”
“So, let’s get something else out of the way, what’s the whole tenant, landlord agreement going to look like? Do I have to leave a deposit or-?”
>”For all intents and purposes, this cave and the surrounding area is yours to do as you wish for the next three months. There’s not much you could do to further devalue it, anyway.”
>You nod in agreement, and you retrieve your motorbike, maneuvering the cycle down the cardboard slope and onto the sand.
>The masked pony’s eyes light up, and the rest of the supplies lift off the truck, floating onto the ground next to the boxes you had gathered.
>”So, are there any other things you wish to know before I leave you to your devices?”
>>
>>25671059
Anything noteworthy in the area?
>>
>>25671059
Wildlife?
>>
>>25671104
This, do we have antivenom?

That should be all
>>
>>25671092
>>25671104
>>25671109
“Anything worth noting in the area? Wildlife?”
>”Besides sand and cactus? You’d want to watch out for the scorpions, gila monsters, and rattlesnakes. Perhaps a mountain lion, if you’re unlucky. Everything else should leave you alone.”
“Yikes, do I have any antivenom?”
>”Unless you brought any, no you don’t.”
“So what if I get bitten or stung?”
>”Maretropolis is about forty miles away,” he says, pointing to the horizon, “but from what I hear, that’s not really an option for you either.”
“Just pray to Celestia, then.”
>”I did include a basic medical kit. Some gauze, tape, alcohol, cotton swabs, stuff you’d need if you ended up getting hurt.”
“But not antivenom?”
>”I doubt you know how to use it anyway, and while a magical cure-all would work, it wasn’t in the budget.”
>You nod as you return to your boxes, placing them individually in the cave.
>”If that’s all, I’ll take my leave. See you in a month.”
“Likewise.”
>The stallion swishes his robe about him, hopping back into his truck.
>The truck’s engine sputters to life and pulls off across the desert, leaving you alone in the middle of the desert.
>You look across the expanse of your new home, taking it all in.
>Sparse desert grass and plants stretch across the gently rolling dunes of the desert.
>Cacti stretch above the bushes, and animal tracks stretch across the harsh landscape.
>The sun beats down on your back from directly above, but it’s not quite as stifling as you expect, the dry air and intense heat not particularly bothering you.
>Well, here you are. What’s the first order of business?
>>
>>25671332
Get everything inside and check out the home.
>>
>>25671332
Yaaaay now we can see how pretty our home is.
>>
>>25671332
Install your furniture inside
It should take around 1.32 minute
>>
>>25671345
>>25671370
>>25671375
>Guess it’s time to begin your interior decoration.
>Grabbing your motorcycle’s handlebars, you head into your cave, preparing yourself to see the extent of what you paid for.
>You enter the shade, the temperature plummeting to a rather cool temperature, causing your fur to stand on end.
>It can’t be less than seventy degrees in here, but the stark contrast between the heat and cold takes your body by surprise, and you shiver.
>The cave slopes downward for about forty feet, and levels off at the end.
>This passage opens to a larger room, a circular room stretching about thirty feet back and twenty feet across.
>At this level, the bottom of the cave turns from sand to stone, and the clops of your hooves echoes throughout the room.
>The ceiling and walls seem uniform, chiseled out of the sandstone, and are smooth for the most part.
>On your right, the wall loses its uniformity, a square on the wall covered with loose rocks reaching up about twice your height.
>You place your motorcycle and leave the cave again, making trips back and forth to move all your supplies into your new lair.
>You were always a decently strong pony, and you carry even the largest crate, the one filled with water, on your back with relative ease.
>Dropping the last of the crates on the ground, you wipe your brow and glance at your work.
>You’ve laid out a little living area for yourself, the crate full of straw and the radio sitting next to each other on the stone.
>The motorbike and mechanical supplies sit next to each other in one corner of the cave.
>Your food and water sit next to the rock wall, an upside-down crate serving as a table.
>It’s not much, but it’ll do.
>Your lair’s all set up, what’s next?
>>
Will return in a bit.
>>
>>25671613
Time to learn the area a little. Lets head for the highest point nearby and take a look around.
>>
>>25671613
Time to think out a training routine I guess

For starters, from tomorrow on, we shall do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats as well as 10km of running. 3 years would have been better but 3 monthes of this should have a nice effect on our body.
That should take all morning

After a noon break, we shall train your powers, mainly the aim at first, let's not be afraid to take our time and even do meditation breaks if it gets on our nerves, especially at the beginning. The one-month goal could be to be able to it a pony-sized target at around 20 meters while driving the motocycle with a 80% accuracy
>>
>>25671735
>100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats as well as 10km of running.
You motherfuker, i almost missed that. Sure, what you said.
>>
>>25671735
How's a pone gonna do a squat?
>>
>>25671735
Power related things I want to do

Work on Aim
Chain-play
Coming down from inferno mode
>>
>>25671735
We can't practice on the bike.
>>
I want to see if we can control fire at a distance.
>>
>>25671860
Fug, I didn't think abour that...

By standing on its hindlegs I guess? It's a little awkward
>>
>>25671871
why?
>>
>>25672047
Where are we getting gas?
>>
>>25672085
Hum... We should have a decent supply, I mean... we brought the bike along, it's not for decoration, and we're not stupid, right?

We may be able to use it occasionaly, i think
>>
>>25672126
I think we brought it so we could keep an eye on it, or head back to the city if we really needed to.
>>
>>25671692
>>25671735
>>25671867
>>25671871
>>25671880
>>25672085
>>25672126
>You trot up the stone again, looking around for any particularly high structures.
>A nearby hill to the north catches your attention, and you set your sights on climbing.
>The hill slopes more sharply upward at the top, and after a good twenty minutes of climbing, you find yourself at the top.
>To the east and north, the desert becomes more populated, green desert shrubbery populating the ground, obscuring much of your view of the sand.
>To the west, you notice a dried-up riverbed, the soil cracked from the water that was once there, petrified trees still standing after so long.
>In the south, the vegetation is still present, but crisscrossed with animal paths.
>While you’re here, you begin thinking of ways you could train.
>You think of a pretty intense training routine for your mornings, as well as some ideas for training your powers.
>Your accuracy was pretty shit back in the city, you’d definitely like to train that.
>Your chain-play could use some work too, and when you got really upset at Recluse, you couldn’t control your flames anymore.
>Also, you’d like to see if you can control flames from a distance.
>Though you’re conflicted on using your bike to train.
>You have a nearly full tank of gas, enough to drive you about 200 miles, and your orb still has about 80% of its power left, you could probably do a good deal of training, but not nearly as much as you’d like.
>Have any ideas for training exercises?
>Or anything you’d particularly like to start with?
>>
>>25672158
The chain seems like a nice place to start.
Nothing fancy or draining required.
>>
>>25672158
Some training with our weapons, a good standby if we can't throw fireballs around.
>>
>>25672158
At some point we gotta learn to cook with your own fire, that's some precision training

For a starter I think we should start by training powers a little to see where we're starting from, we could do the same for physical prowess too but I'm not an expert on that
And prepare a shooting zone for the fireballs near the cave
>>
>>25672158
We need targets. Some rocks or a wall we can mark them on maybe. I'd rather not use trees or bushes and accidentally start a big fire.
>>
>>25672226
>>25672250
>>25672258
>>25672277
>For now, you’d like to train your powers.
>Though you’d much rather not practice on shrubbery or trees, lest you start a fire you can’t control.
>You make your way back to your cave, trotting down the hill.
>The top of the cave is made of a fairly rocky outcrop, which should work well enough for some accuracy training.
>And the sparse vegetation should be isolated enough that if it burns, it shouldn’t spread.
>A piece of gypsum lies on the ground, and you use it to mark some makeshift targets on some larger rocks, spreading them out at five, ten, and twenty meters away.
>You also set up an elevated rock as a target, letting
>Exhaling, you light your flames, and hold a fireball in your hoof.
>Starting with the closest target, you throw the ball…
>And miss completely, the ball impacting on the stone about a meter and a half away from the target.
>You must have thrown before you were really ready, underestimating the difficulty of the target.
“Shit,” you mutter, grabbing another fireball.
>This time, you take more time, trying to better judge the weight of the fireball in your hoof.
>And this time, you’re met with more success, as the ball explodes directly on top of the rock, engulfing it in green flame, which soon peters out.
>Encouraged, you try the same target, chucking another fireball.
>However, this one misses high, impacting on a shrub about five meters beyond the target and engulfing it in flames.
>>
>>25672527
It's going to take time...
Stay determined, Easy Ride
>>
>>25672527
We should go low at first, take our time getting a feel for aiming. Quality before quantity.
>>
File: We've got a long way to go.jpg (41 KB, 895x1209) Image search: [Google]
We've got a long way to go.jpg
41 KB, 895x1209
>>25672527
This is going to be a long three months. There's nothing else to do but push through and keep trying.
>>
>>25672563
>>25672672
>>25672731
>No, no, it’s fine.
>That’s why you’re out here anyway.
>Taking a deep breath, you do your best to stay calm, and be sure to take adequate time for every throw.
>Lo and behold, you’re rewarded for your patience, the next three shots all landing dead-on.
>And with you taking your time, judging your targets, you begin to get a feel for throwing at the closest one, landing the next shot.
>Out of the next ten shots, you hit nine, which isn’t too bad for a bowling ball sized rock sixteen feet away.
>You move on to the next target, again using the same patience. Quality over quantity afterall.
>Your first throw misses, landing a couple meters to the side of the rock.
>You breathe deeply and do your best not to let it get to you.
>You make another ball and throw.
>This one misses, falling a couple meters to the side.
>However, you start to get a feel for the target, having a near miss with the second shot, landing direct hits on the next three shots, missing with the next, very nearly hitting with the sixth and seventh, and landing the eighth through tenth.
>Next, you move on to the twenty meter target, and honestly, you don’t expect to hit many of these at all.
>And, much as you expected, you’re met with very little success. Throwing a fireball accurately at sixty-five feet is no walk in the park.
>Out of ten shots, you hit only one, missing by more than five meters on two occasions. Only one other shot even came close.
>While you’ve gotten a feel for your abilities with the fireballs, the constant strain on your magic seems to be taking a minor toll, as you’re sweating and begin to feel a little tired.
>>
>>25672810
Don't be affraid to take regular breaks, recuperation is important too
>>
I'm going to have to call it pretty early tonight. Thank you all for understanding.

Leave questions if you have any.

Ignore this if you don't want to know meta dice-roll stuff.
Also, I really didn't intend for Easy to be as comically bad as she is. Because she has only a little experience with the fireballs, she has a +2 modifier currently, and I set the difficulty for the 5 meter target at 6. She rolled a 2, 14, and 1.

Whenever you start pulling out the fireballs, Easy starts rolling critfails, and I've no idea why. She rolled three of them during the chase sequence.
>>
File: who-cyberman-460_783235c.jpg (22 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
who-cyberman-460_783235c.jpg
22 KB, 460x288
>>25672844
>She rolled three of them during the chase sequence.
This is evident.
>>
File: 1434240961057.jpg (15 KB, 228x192) Image search: [Google]
1434240961057.jpg
15 KB, 228x192
>>25672844
Wonderful.
Next chance we get we're going to an opticians.
>>
Everytime you have time to write this, it's always on my DnD night.
>>
>>25672844
>shitty rolls when it matters
>good rolls when it doesn't
Its Royal Guard CYOA all over again.
>>
>>25673020
>Oh hey, the Power Ponies just so happened to conveniently be in the are of town you're in :^)
>>
>>25673047
>Woops your bike broke down :^)
>>
>>25673056
>you eat a slice of bread
>you choke on it
>>
File: 10.gif (48 KB, 209x190) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
48 KB, 209x190
>>25673068
>roll to wake up
>1
>can't wake up
>>
>I heard you FINALLY want to leave Las Pegasus
>Oops! Half your team just got arrested
>>
beb
>>
File: 1449322552583.jpg (54 KB, 333x524) Image search: [Google]
1449322552583.jpg
54 KB, 333x524
>>25673095
>>
>>25672844
Well fuck me in the ass
We're just going to have to train hard until luck stops being a factor I guess
>>
>>25674340
>>25672844
I'd say we need to stick to one distance until we can reliably hit accurately AND quickly.
Cops and Heroes aren't going to sit around and let you focus to line up your shots. Even if it takes most/all of our time, it'd be better to be good at Close Range and poor at Medium and Long Range combat than be mediocre at Close, Medium, and Long

Also, can we learn to SHOOT our fireballs, as opposed to THROWING them. I would imagine if we could that shooting them straight from our hoof instead of hurling them like a baseball would be more efficient.
>>
Can we only make fireballs, or can we direct heat?
For instance can we learn to focus on the wheels of a car and melt them?
>>
>>25674613
I think something we need to focus on, after mastering shooting them while stationary, is to practice shooting while riding our motorcycle
Then we'll really be in business

Also, if like to learn how to make our flames even more intense. Maybe come up with a technique for making one really big and nasty fireball, the kind that would be good for maybe blowing open a bank vault or something
>>
>>25674841
Now's the time to find out.
>>
File: Intense-Training.jpg (254 KB, 860x1236) Image search: [Google]
Intense-Training.jpg
254 KB, 860x1236
>>25672844
We have to become even stronger!
>>
>>25674841
I want to know if we can breath fire.
>>
>>25674858
I'm not an explosives expert, but the amount of force you'd need to blow open a vault door would probably end up bringing the building down around you and destroying everything inside the vault.
Creating a controlled directed heat source, like a plasma cutter or thermal lance, would probably be better.
>>
>>25675082
Well, being able to blow up a building might really come in handy at some point too, even though I think we'd like to mostly avoid killing bystanders.

The plasma torch is a good idea too, definitely a lot more low key.
>>
File: rocket-punch.jpg (131 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
rocket-punch.jpg
131 KB, 1024x569
One thing I'd like for us to achieve would be able to trigger small bursts of flame from out body and use the momentum to enchance the strenth on our blow and possibly improve our mobility. The goal would be to do rocket punches Pacific Rim style and to be able to perform normally impossible evasions and moves to give us the edge in a fight

Also we need a special attack ready by the end of the training. If my rocket punch idea works out, then I'm thinking of the
Double Rocket Heel Drop Kick
>>
>>25676737
The downside to that is, even if it is our own power, we are still susceptible to the limits of our own body. If we use our powers to push ourselves past our physical limits, or do things it normally can't, it'll put a lot of stress on us physically. Our body could tear itself apart mid battle, crippling us. Maybe I'm imagining it different than how you're imagining it, but it'd need to be something we'd have to practice very carefully, and use it sparingly.
>>
>>25676775
B-But he have erf pony strength and durability, right? All the other races have something cool, why not us too?
>>
>>25676881
Being stronger is one thing.
Throwing Rocket Punches is another.
>>
>>
File: 1419655165817.jpg (36 KB, 478x351) Image search: [Google]
1419655165817.jpg
36 KB, 478x351
>>25677619
>>
>>25677619
That's pretty sweet
>>
>>25677619
real fuckin neato
>>
Bumpirino
>>
>>25677619
Looks absolutely awesome, thanks a lot!

>>25672834
>>25674613
>>25674841
>>25674858
>>25675041
>>25675082
>For now, you decide to take a little break, rather than wear yourself totally out right out of the gate.
>Though, you do want to try something else, first.
>You point your hoof directly at the nearest target, hoping to fire a ball rather than throw it.
>A green ball forms in front of your hoof, but arcs downwards almost immediately.
>It crashes on the ground before it meets the target.
>Perhaps you might get better at this if you worked at it, but for now, you’re better at throwing.
>You trot down into your cave, the cool shade washing over your coat.
>A drink of water should be nice right now.
>You screw open the cap and sip some water out of the container, the warm liquid feeling good as it runs down your throat.
>The water gives you an idea. Perhaps you can heat an object without using your flames?
>You retrieve a metal pot from your food crate, and add a bit of water.
>Taking a few steps back, you try and focus, narrowing your eyes at the bowl.
>You bite your lower lip as you stare, trying to boil the water, but the water stays stagnant.
>You snort in frustration, little jets of flame expel from your nostrils.
>Fine, let’s try something else.
>You bring up your hoof and imagine a blowtorch.
>A small white flame expels itself from your hoof, shining in the dim cave.
“Neat,” you mutter, examining your hoof.
>Sweat again begins to drip down your forehead, the white hot flame draining on your strength.
>You soon find it difficult to maintain the flame, and the white flame soon turns to green, growing in length and size as it decreases in heat.
>You kill the flame, panting as you return your hooves to the ground.
>Seems as though blowtorches and flamethrowers are options, but they’re more taxing than simple fireballs.
>>
>>25681664
We'll have plenty of time to think of things to do and train how to d it. Work those magic muscles.
>>
>>25681664
Meditate for a break
Sit down, close your eyes and imagine the flows of heat inside you, make it sway slowly inside until you're rested up

Also scoot a decent route for your daily running

I'm not sure the shooting/throwing thing really matter in the end as long as we're good with one technique
>>
>>25681664
Neat, so blowtorch is doable, fireball is a maybe and heating is a probably not.
After a break we should try controlling a fire from a distance. See if we can make it bigger or smaller.
>>
>>25681664
Light a little bush on fire and confirm if you are immune to fire or not, also try to eat the fire for the lulz
>>
>>25681764
>>25681789
>>25681851
>>25681894
>Time to take a little meditation break.
>Finding a nice place, you take a seat on your haunches, you close your eyes.
>You clear your head, trying to push out stray thoughts as you just focus.
>Looking inward, you find a little flame sitting in the back of your head.
>From your rear, legs, chest, and head, you let it sway back and forth inside you.
>Twice, you lose the flame, getting distracted by a stray itch on your muzzle or ear, and you have to scrunch or flick to solve it.
>It’s an odd concept, but it’s definitely relaxing, and you soon find yourself refreshed.
>You down the rest of the water in the bowl, and make your way back outside.
>First, you go up to your target range and set a bush on fire.
>You stick a foreleg into the flames, letting it rest in the green flame.
>The tongues lap at your coat and a warmth spreads across your skin, but it’s not uncomfortable, nor does your fur catch.
>Next, you take a bite out of the flaming brush.
>The plant has little flavor to it, and it reminds you of eating burnt hay that had already been sitting in the cupboard for far too long.
>It pokes into the roof of your mouth, and you have to chew hard to swallow it, but it at least didn’t burn you.
>You take a glance across the horizon once again.
>The animal trails weave up and down hills, and if you can see the trail from here, you should definitely be able to get back here from there.
>You could probably utilize those for a running path.
>Backing away from the burning bush, you make another fireball.
>You hold it stationary in the air as you slowly back away, and it wobbles uncertainly, threatening to fall.
>You try to feed the fireball some more energy to the fireball, and it grows in size, burning more intensely.
>Next, you try to take some of the energy away, pulling the magic back into yourself.
>Instead of shrinking, the fireball floats towards you, and you lose your focus, the enlarged fireball crashing into the ground.
>>
>>25682225
The hell was that? Let's try it again.
>>
>>25682225
Interesting. So we can make flames bigger at a distance, or draw them towards us instead.
So could we just suck all the flame out of an area and absorb it for power?
>>
>>25682301
>So could we just suck all the flame out of an area and absorb it for power?
That's exactly what just didn't happen I'm afraid
>>
>>25682353
So?
>>
>>25682436
Sure we could try again, but I think the mental image of pulling the magic back to ourselves only got the fireball to get closer to us, and nothing else.
>>
>>25682502
We don't know if actually touching a the flame allows us to absorb it though. We should try that next.
>>
>>25682262
>>25682301
>>25682353
>>25682436
>>25682502
>You try it again, creating a fireball.
>Again, it takes a lot of focus, but you manage to hold it stationary in the air.
>And again, you manage to feed the flame, using some more of your magic to make it grow.
>But you seem to have trouble distinguishing between pulling the fireball itself and pulling the energy from the flames.
>Fine, maybe you can at least work with this.
>First, you push the fireball away from you, gently moving it through the air.
>Easy enough.
>Holding your breath and focusing, you succeed in floating the fireball all the way to you, letting it rest on your hoof.
>From here, you simply let the fire sink into the flames on your hoof, and the fireball vanishes.
>You feel slightly refreshed, a little jolt of warmth flowing through you.
>Okay, now what if the fire’s already lit?
>You create another fire and chuck it at a bush a few feet away.
>The bush catches, the flammable foliage lighting easily.
>Letting magic flow from you to the bush, you find that the flame does increase slightly.
>Next, you try to suck the flames out of the bush so you can absorb them.
>However, you find that you have next to no control over the fire, the flame bending gently towards you as if under the influence of a light breeze.
>>
>>25682537
Maybe we can try that again later, like, each week to see if our control increases
>>
>>25682537
Darn, so we can't extinguish.
>>
>>25682537
Interesting. It's a start for now.
>>
>>25682537
If the fire's still burning, enter meditation state and try again
Position yourself right nect to it and extend your consciousness to the flame and try to make it flow into you
>>
>>25682572
>>25682575
>>25682584
>>25682617
>Seems like you can’t quite extinguish yet, but it’s a good start.
>Guess you’ll keep trying every few days until you can get it.
>You sit down next to the flame and try to get back to meditating.
>Doing your best to reach out with your mind, you try to see the world using only your magic.
>You find yourself innately aware of your own magic, a light green glow burning in your mind and hooves.
>As you reach beyond your body, you notice miniscule pinpricks of magic hanging in the air.
>The bush seems to be a source of magic as well, a pitiful, dying brown light feeding into a larger green glow.
>Just like you had moved the fire inside of yourself earlier, you try to move the fire.
>Though, you find it just doesn’t want to budge.
>The fire bends towards you, sparks drifting off the flame and into your body, but the flame seems attached to the plant, not willing to give it up.
>After a couple minutes, the brown light dies and the flame peters out, only a pile of ash remaining.
>You stand, shaking your head.
>You managed to get a little bit of energy off of the fire, but didn’t even come close to extinguishing it.
>The sun dips down a bit lower in the horizon. Seems you have a couple hours of daylight left.

Let me know when you're ready to timeskip, and we'll decide what you want to spend the next month focusing on.
>>
>>25682926
I really can't think of anything else to do.
>>
>>25682926
Do we plan on training with the boomerang wrench in any way?
>>
>>25682926
Try juggling flames. It improves coordination, and everyone needs a party trick.
>>
>>25683011
Throwing it on a target too, or swinging it like a sword
Without an opponent to train with, there's not a lot to do
>>
>>25682987
>>25683011
>>25683039
>>25683107
>You stand up, balancing on your hind legs.
>Three fireballs appear in your hooves, and you do your best to throw them in the air.
>Surprisingly, you actually do pretty well, maintaining your balance and keeping all three of them moving.
>After about a minute, you finally manage to drop one, and it smacks you on the head, showering you in flames.
>At least you have some level of coordination, even if it’s only good for circus tricks.
>You reach into your pack and extract your wrench, returning to the target range.
>Throwing at the same rocks as before, you begin throwing, not taking very long between shots.
>You throw the wrench ten times, and you connect ten times, the wrench clanking against the stone.
>You move on to the ten meter target, and throw ten times.
>Seven of the ten throws connect, the wrench quickly flying back into your hooves after every shot.
>At 20 meters, your throws begin to fall short, and you only hit three.
>Still, that’s way better than you had done with the fireballs, so that’s definitely a positive.

Okay then, assuming you’re ready to timeskip, here’s how this is going to go.

Easy’s going to spend the whole of the next month working on everything, including some things that haven’t been tested yet, but now that you’ve seen what you’re good at and awful at, you can choose a few things to spend extra time on.
If you focus on the things you’re already good at, they’ll improve a quite noticeable amount, or you could try to learn some of the other skills that you couldn’t grasp right off the bat.

So, either design a general daily schedule for Easy’s training or just choose what things you want to spend extra time focusing on, and it’ll happen.
>>
>>25683397
Morning: body training all the way, see>>25674994

lunch break at noon then power training until the sun goes down with regualar breaks
Fire shooting accuracy everyday, plus alterning everyday between a little of controling/absorbing flames or training with the wrench
>>
>>25683397
I'd say aim and control at a distance.
I'm kinda paranoid about us getting stuck in a building we set on fire.
>>
>>25683397
And remember, you don't need water to clean yourself, you can simply purify your body with fire
>>
>>25683397
Work on that aim and keep going til you can do fast shots well.
>>
>>25683488
>>25683500
>>25683518
>>25683646
>You spend a couple more hours training with your flames before making yourself a dinner of canned vegetables.
>You had accidentally skipped lunch today, leaving you extra hungry.
>You down your dinner, spend a little more time meditating, and make your bed.
>Just a mess of stray on the ground with your jacket as a pillow.
>You toss and turn for a while, but it’s still more comfortable than your infested mattress back in prison, and you soon fall asleep, tired.
>Your training starts tomorrow, afterall.

>The next few weeks fall into heavy routine.
>Every morning, you get up and do a hundred pushups and situps on the hard cave floor.
>Then, you run ten kilometers, spending the whole morning doing various body exercises.
>For the first couple weeks, you have to stop and take a break. Even with the heat doing next to nothing to you, you find yourself tiring out quickly.
>But as you work, your stamina improves, and you can make the whole run without stopping.
>Then, you take a break for food and water, and get right into training with your powers.
>Every single day, you work at accuracy, focusing mostly on targets close to you.
>As you work, you start to get a feel for your flames, understanding their weight, balance, and how to throw them.
>You get more and more accurate as you go, and you have to spend less time lining up shots to hit the rocks.
>Very rarely do you miss at five meters anymore, and you’re pretty good at ten meters.
>Already, your boulders are charred black, covered in soot from fireballs.
>Every other day, you try meditating, lighting another bush on fire and trying to absorb the flames.
>You have a lot of trouble with this, but you think you’re making a little progress. As the month goes on, you find yourself able to absorb more and more of the flames.
>However, you still haven’t been able to figure out how to do it when you’re not meditating, and you haven’t been able to extinguish a fire yet.
(cont.)
>>
>>25684217
>Your training on the boomewrench has gone pretty well, from the short time you’ve been working at it every other day.
>While your ability to train with it is still minimal, you’ve gained a good deal of finesse with it, if you do say so yourself.
>Even without aiming, you can hit targets most of the time up to twenty feet away.
>You can throw it at a target, call for it, then spin and throw at a target standing behind you.
>Even fine control of your flames has improved, though it’s still one of your weakest points.
>Every day when you cook, you hold a flame underneath an elevated pot, heating the object.
>Maintaining the small flame still takes you a lot of effort, and especially early on, you kept the temperature too high, causing the pot to boil over and wasting your precious water.
>But when you work at controlling and absorbing flames, you lose focus frequently, and the flame crashes to the ground.
>One morning, while out on your run, a rattling noise interrupts you, and you freeze in your tracks.
>You look down to see a coiled up rattlesnake sunning itself on the rocks, a forked tongue licking its lips.
>>
>>25684258
Snakes don't like fire. Show em who's boss.
>>
>>25684258
Just avoid it.
>>
>>25684317
There's no reason to go killing things just because they're there.
>>
>>25684258
Scare it off with the flames. If it starts to get too rowdy, then kill it with fire.
>>
>>25684358
I didn't say to kill it.
>>
>>25684387
Oh, sorry. Wording was a bit ambiguous.
>>
>>25684317
>>25684326
>>25684358
>>25684381
>>25684387
>>25684411
“You don’t know who you’re dealing with, snake,” you scowl, intensifying your flames.
>Your flames cause the snake to coil up more tightly, hissing and shaking its rattle.
>You create a fireball and push it through the air towards the snake.
>It hisses, instinctively retreating away from the oncoming flames as they lick at the rattler’s scales.
>As it retreats from you, you call the fireball back and absorb it into your hoof, feeling the warmth spread across your body.
>You return to your run, keeping your eyes down on the path as you jog, so as to avoid further snake encounters.
>However, with you keeping your head down, you’re surprised when a shout interrupts your thoughts.
>”Hello there, little hothead. What’s a little pony like you doing all the way out here?”
>You spin on the spot, noticing a rather large buffalo standing a good distance away from you.
>He’s a light shade of brown and wears two feathers tucked inside a white and blue headband marked with a diamond.
>>
>>25684723
Again, I'm going to have to call it a bit early tonight for personal reasons. Thanks for your understanding, and I'll see you all next week.

Feel free to leave any questions, comments, concerns, or snide remarks you may have.
>>
>>25684735
SON OF A BITCH WE FIND BEN KENOBI AND NOW WE HAVE TO STOP
>>
>>25684217
>100 push ups
>100 situps
>10km run
You forgot the 100 squats, Saitama.
>>
>>25684762
Can ponies squat?
>>
>>25684762
Easy couldn't figure out how to do a squat.
>>
>>25684723
Uh. Stuff.
>>
>>25670749
>>
>>25684793
That won't do it
We need an exercise to stregthen our back legs
Find a decently sized rock, lie and push it up and down with your legs
100 times a day
>>
>>25684762
isn't that just standard strength training
>>
File: 1447636015.jpg (698 KB, 1720x1236) Image search: [Google]
1447636015.jpg
698 KB, 1720x1236
>man this fire stuff is haaaaard
>I'll just punch stuff instead
>>
Bumping for rocky training montage
>>
>>25691292
Why you bumping this? This thread's done for the week.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.