[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People actually think voice actors matter most of the time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: dash.jpg (200 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
dash.jpg
200 KB, 520x520
>People actually think voice actors matter most of the time

A majority of them don't give a shit about the show. Why are they lauded and people who do everything barely get their names noticed? What about Phil Caesar, Rebecca Dart, or the directors and storyboarders? Panels with them are so much more interesting than the same shit funny voices panels with VAs.
>>
bumping cause I want to know too.
>>
>>25635137
The directors, animators, etc. Never come to the panels.
>>
>>25635427
They're never invited because people misattribute who does what. Instead of the interesting panels where directors and animators talk about their passion, VAs pretend they give a fuck and do silly voices for exorbitant prices.

Thiessen and Miller are cool when they show up but the people who don't recognize animation staff are sad. These are the people who actually care.
>>
easier to connect with the voice of a character than a name in the credits, even if it's among the first
>>
>>25635137
People don't care about "who matters," it's just that the voice actors are professional entertainers, whereas writers and directors and storyboard artists are ... kinda not. It's like when people go to a play, they don't go to see all the people working in the back.
>>
File: yaranaika sanic.jpg (14 KB, 131x198) Image search: [Google]
yaranaika sanic.jpg
14 KB, 131x198
>>25635137
People care more about individual characters than the actual show.
Unless you are Celestia's VA, then you just get kicked out.
>>
>>25635427
>>25635468
Yep.

They aren't there, and it's sad because I know they are the interesting ones with the ideas.
>>
>>25635468
>exorbitant prices

you do realize that VA's are dirt cheap right?

only big hollywood actors are stupidly overpriced.
>>
>>25635137
Because people want to listen to the people who bring to life the characters you cherish so much, but I agree they are very unnapreciated.

Maybe we should write a "Thank you, even though no one notices you" letter. Some of them have Twitters too
>>
>>25635468
>Thiessen and Miller are cool
Thiessen's wife is sexy
>>
>>25635137
>A Majority don't give a shit

For side characters, sure, but the Main cast is usually a different story.

most of the time, actors care to some degree about the things they work on, especially if that production is beloved by many, popular, and fun to do.
>>
>>25635516
Don't forget the writers. Neal Dusudeau won't love himself
>>
>>25635546
Niel can go fuck himself and his libtard ass
>>
>>25635427
>>25635510
Big Jim and Lasrson and Sibsy get invitef to shit. Big Jim is going to one con already next year, it was only announced the other day on ED.
>>
>>25635137
you ever watch a show where the voice actor changes? It's almost never good. Voice actors are the cherry filling and the directors and animators are the donut. You can't have one without the other feeling like it's really missing something.
>>
>>25635535
Don't tell me Libman or Strong give a shit about the intricacies of the world like the writing directing and animating staff do.
>>
>>25635595
Probably not, but they might, any actor worth their salt takes time to know the universe their character is in, they may actually like it.

but if they don't, they more than likely care about the characters, or at least their character.

Just like any good show staff cares about the universe and world so they can make it come to life, an actor cares about the characters they voice so they can do the same.

It's unfair to say that the actors don't give a shit.
>>
>>25635137
Like any entertainment business out there, people recognize the company before the product, the product before the characters, the characters before the actors and the actors before the writers.

It has been this way since the dawn of the play, even though it is sad that is the way it is. It is easier to get noticed when you represent the whole instead of the individual.

Take it from someone with experience in the field. Freelancers get no love, even if they were apart of something great.
>>
>>25635137
>giving a shit about a bunch of traitorous sell-outs which don't have a say in the final product.

Wisen up, OP. The executives at Hasbro Studios are actually in charge of everything, especially script editing and saying "it needs another Wilhelm scream. Make Twilight give a flirty rape face to filly Dash complete with lip biting"
>>
>>25635137
Sad thing, but I'm no better desuwa.
I really liked the commentary versions of EqG even if I can't remember the names or identify the voices of the people talking about it.
>>
I sincerely want to beat the shizznit out of John De Lancie. He has a geeky voice, a drunkard face and a shitty personality to go with it.
>>
>>25635588
Like apples and crust?
>>
>>25635137
Hey, don't toss out all the VAs as unimportant or uncaring. Tabitha's still around.
>>
>>25636921
Your mom
>>
File: VAs and skeletonlady.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
VAs and skeletonlady.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
Who are the chillest VAs? My vote goes toward Cathy Weseluck and Tabitha St. Germain.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.