[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Rarity use self-levitation like Starlight and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: img-2655636-1-rarityfall_400.gif (964 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
img-2655636-1-rarityfall_400.gif
964 KB, 400x225
Why didn't Rarity use self-levitation like Starlight and Pumpkin Cake?
>>
>>25628128
>Why didn't

Because it's a kid's show. There are tons of instances that are like that through it.
>>
>>25628128
I just realized Pumpkin Cake is also a magical prodigy.
>>
>>25628128
She was panicking.
>>
>>25628128
She's not powerful enough. Pumpkin's magic was uncontrolled and random, and Starlight's unbelievably gifted.
>>
>>25628128
Because its a higher level of magic.
Purplesmart said it in some earlier episode
>>
Self-levitation is a skill that requires practice

Pumpkin Cake doesn't count cause babies and young unicorns seem to have random spurts of magic. Maybe similar to how human babies are really good at some things but when they grow up they lose those skills unless they retrain them.
>>
File: Daaaaahling.jpg (44 KB, 894x688) Image search: [Google]
Daaaaahling.jpg
44 KB, 894x688
>>25628128

The only powers Rarity has is being a fat whore. You can't levitate what you can't lift.
>>
>>25628166
>>25628197
>>25628201
These.

Plus, self-levitation would presumably be more difficult--or just magically different--than levitating an equivalently heavy external object. Pre-wings Twilight, for example, could hold Dash aloft by her tail, but never levitated herself.
>>
>>25628305
Twilight levitated herself once, when she fell down the stairs during the S3 premiere.
>>
>>25628128
Either she does not meet prerequisites for overland flight or the vigorous movement from falling made her fail the concentration check
>>
Who the fuck is pumpkin cake?
>>
>>25630353
cake babby
dyewts?
>>
>>25628128
She specialized in illusion, not alteration.
>>
>>25628128

Because that magic don't exist in the plot of the show since the S2, that why
>>
Rarity is shit tier at non-fashion related magic
>>
>>25628128
>rarity
>good with magic
>>
>>25628128

Why can't I play the violin? I have hands.
>>
>>25628128
She's not strong enough dude
>>
>>25628128
Magical levitation isn't known to be an easy spell, and Rarity doesn't put much time or focus into her magic.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.