[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Brainwashed and stole the cutie marks of dozens of ponies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: injustice.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
injustice.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>Brainwashed and stole the cutie marks of dozens of ponies
>Lied to her village about her own cutie mark
>Attempted to brainwash the Mane 6
>Stalked a Princess
>Went back in time to stop the Mane 6 from meeting, causing all sorts of chaotic futures
>Tried to murder a Princess
>Justifies this by saying she lost ONE friend
"LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS!"
>>
>>25626300
Shimmer did nothing wrong. (In comparison)
>>
File: 1399956937799s.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1399956937799s.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>25626300
That's women forgiving logic for you
>I just slept with your husband, sorry.
>Can we be friends again?
>>
File: Applejack Suspicious.png (409 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Applejack Suspicious.png
409 KB, 1280x720
>>25626321
That sounds pretty specific anon
>>
>>25626300
sound like an average female.
oh hey, could you pass my fedora??
>>
>>25626300
It's almost like friendship and forgiveness is part of the show's message
>>
>>25626358
My sister treats me like shit for our whole teenage years.
Now she feels like Jesus just because the remorse got her to treat me right.
So that's women for you.
>>
>>25626300
People seem to forget that all of the ponies of Our Town came to Glimmer themselves because they were lost. On everything else I agree.
>>
>>25626300
You're right, her losing one friend doesn't justify it.
But it wasn't meant to. You don't have to agree with someone to have sympathy for them.
Also, it was stressed in the episode that Twilight couldn't outmatch Starlight, and so the only way to stop her would be to talk her out of it.
Finally, while it was still admittedly rushed, the writers at least TRIED when the Mane 6 had that brief discussion about what to do with Starlight while she waited outside the room. One of the points is that she's bloody powerful and that just having her leave would be a waste. Twilight's being resourceful by keeping powerful allies.
The redemption was rushed, just like all the other redemption in this show and in EQG, but I think this one could've worked if Haber has just spent a little more time devoted to Starlight's character and her change.
Seeing why Starburst was so important and perhaps seeing her fail to contact him later would have helped to induce just a little more sympathy for Starlight. The friendship speech could've just been a little longer, as with the Mane 6 discussion on what to do with her.
>>
>>25626300

The 2nd part of the finale was pure bullshit, anything new?
>>
File: Watching You Fap.jpg (52 KB, 634x498) Image search: [Google]
Watching You Fap.jpg
52 KB, 634x498
>>25626300

Well, women are fucking bonkers.
>>
>>25626300
Well, it's a nicer way of saying "I need to keep you under supervision because you're a massive threat to Equestria".
>>
>>25626300
You kinda missed the most important detail
>Only antagonist in the series who was genuinely remorseful without the use of a spell or being tricked
>>
>>25626674
Gilda? Trixie? I assume you put Discord under "tricked".
>>
>>25626701
I think he meant to say "villain" and not "antagonist"
>>
File: Anon.png (45 KB, 328x460) Image search: [Google]
Anon.png
45 KB, 328x460
Maybe if we'd had more episodes I dunno...DEALING WITH STARLIGHT rather than MORE slice of life crap maybe this wouldn't have felt so fucking rushed and stupid.

You knew they were going to redeem Glimmer because god forbid they keep an antagonist nowadays.

Seriously if they'd gone and devoted like two episodes that had encounters with starlight they could have explored a better explanation for her actions rather than rushing it and forcing a forced as fuck redemption.

Also Twilight is fucking useless, she was useless all season and this shitty finale definitely cemented her uselessness.
>>
>>25626769
>useless
>solves the problem

you're fucking delusional

And Starlight already had 4 episodes, more than any other villain. What are you expecting here?
>>
>>25626701
Trixie was tricked and never really evil anyway, it was the mcguffin. Gilda was just a bitch, she didn't really do a whole lot wrong to need redeeming, they just needed to put their petty squabbles aside.
>>
>>25626832
Oh wow, she finally did something after sitting in the background all fucking season, she couldn't even match Starlight in strength and she's the fucking element of magic.

Still doesn't mean they shouldn't have had at least one more episode with Starlight to at least establish a better reason than "BAWWWW MY FRIEND LEFT IMMA DESTROY THE WORLD NOW"
>>
>>25626882
People fail to realize Glimmer just had to touch Rainbow Dash to make Twilight fly away, she didn't have to defeat Twilight.
>>
>>25626300
To be fair it wasn't her intention to completely fuck up the world, and when she was shown what would happen she started to realize it was a mistake (though in denial at first).

It was rushed, yeah. But given the theme of the show, it wasn't entirely nonsensical.
>>
>>25626882
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>25626971
Still doesn't excuse lazy writing.
>>
>>25627001
You think you can do better then, smart guy? Where's your writing credits, huh? Where's your show experience? Let's see you write something better. C'mon, I fucking deer you.
>>
>>25627042
I don't need to when there's fan fiction that's been better written, but hey go ahead and keep munching on the shit Jewbro feeds you.
>>
>>25627055
So you admit you don't know shit.
>>
>>25627055
>Fanfiction
>Good
>>
>>25626300

>Brainwashed dozens of ponies

Lesson Zero.

>Lied to her village about her own cutie mark

Swapped her best friend's cutie marks and nearly destroyed Ponyville in the process

>Attempted to brainwash the Mane 6

Almost brainwashes the rest of the Mane 6 but gets the rest of town instead.

>Stalked a Princess

And Pinkie Pie, for that matter.

>Went back in time to stop the Mane 6 from meeting, causing all sorts of chaotic futures

Also fucked with a Starswirl spell, causing all sorts of chaotic changes in destiny

>Tried to murder a Princess

Manages to get a dragon to destroy parts of Canterlot AND Ponyville, first by hatching the dragon, then by failing at proper care. Nearly kills Wonderbolts on the second go.

>Justifies this by saying she lost ONE friend

"If I can't FIND a friendship problem, I'll MAKE a friendship problem!"

High-powered unicorns are very special kinds of crazy.
>>
>>25626476
No, that's adolescence. But I'm sure you were a shining beacon of perfection when you were a teenager.
>>
>>25627329
/thread
Glimmer is just Twilight without the wings.
>>
>>25626300
You're wrong. See >>25626542

For the record, it was *implied* that the discussion and ARGUMENT about what to do with her went on forever.

And to hell with Twilight? What if Celestia wants to banish her?
>>
>>25627042
>deer

Well played anon.
>>
1 alicorn
2 unicorn
2 pegasi
2 mud ponies

Finally there is balance
>>
>>25626300
Ponies are more civilized than us anon.
They can look past things like that and work together. It doesn't matter if you're a pony or zebra or even a griffin, the important thing is to follow your dreams, no matter how crazy or against the law it may be.
Unless you're King Sombra. If you're King Sombra, you get iced mother-fucker.
>>
>>25628251
What about:
2 unicorn
2 earth ponies
2 pegasi
2 alicorns
All glory to Shim Sham.
>>
>>25627329
>trying this hard to make excuses for your shitty waifu
>>
>>25627042
So, wait,
wait,
like,
hold up,
what you're saying,
so, like,
what you're saying is,
stop me if I'm getting it wrong, but
what you're saying is, the guy who's critiquing the story, who may have never written anything in his life, is a worse writer than the guy who pursued a career in writing?
Bravo, man. You certainly showed him.
>>
>>25628293
>25628293
Can't Shim Sham the Glim Glam
>>
File: I don't want to let go....png (9 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
I don't want to let go....png
9 KB, 1366x768
>>25626300
That's why the mane 6 are such great waifu material. That no matter what people do they'll always (eventually) see the good inside them and bring it out in the end.

It's absolutely hammy, but this wasn't ever a serious show to begin with. So I guess that makes it less of a problem or something.
>>
>>25626300
Perhaps Glimmer is playing the "long" game, acting like she's reformed in order to get something else, something greater.
The ending just felt a little to perfect, almost as if everything was going according to her plan.
>>
>>25627329
>Fucks fillies

Probably her brother also
>>
>>25629072
I knew one of you Underfucks would show up eventually.
>>
>>25626300
The target audience is children, which in this case is an adequate reason for the quick turn around and highly simplified message.

They have to teach kids forgiveness and making nice with people who wronged you.

But young kids won't grasp the complexities and consequences of Starlight's actions

Therefore they had to simplify it, keep it quick, simple and to the point.

"It's a kids show" isn't an excuse for bad writing but it is an excuse for simplifying social complexities.
>>
>>25627329
Twilight did most stuff of that stuff accidentally. Starlight did meant to do that stuff.
>>
File: 4chan yells at ponies.jpg (92 KB, 344x315) Image search: [Google]
4chan yells at ponies.jpg
92 KB, 344x315
>>25629522
Hi /v/.
>>
>>25626300
She only justified it by saying that Twilight and her friends destroyed her village, which she probably put a lot of work into over years.

Her friend leaving was only the reason to built the town, not to cause chaos in the time line.

Why don't you fuck off forever, OP?
>>
>>25626300
Keep your friends close, and enemies closer.
>>
>>25626542
>the writers at least TRIED when the Mane 6 had that brief discussion
>The redemption was rushed
See, I don't really care all that much that the redemption was a little bit rushed because, as you said, there was the discussion the mane 6 had at least.

More importantly, the finale was only like 44 minutes; the writers can't write everything they'd want to write because they have restrictions like time.

And if you asked me which I would want to see more of in the finale, A) Twilight and Starlight shooting laser beams at each other, or B) the mane 6 sitting down and talking about how to redeem Starlight.... I would def choose A.
>>
>>25626300
Discord put a bunch of ponies in a volcano.
>>
>>25626399
I actually kinda want a scenario where a villain is angry at the Mane 6 or the princesses for being too forgiving or merciful.
>>
>>25626300
>tfw OP realized it's a kid's show
>>
Do you think it would have been better if she lost a family member or lover rather than her friend fucking off somewhere?
>>
>>25626317
Shimmer is a saint.
>>
>>25631123
Why doesn't Twilight just kill The Joker?
>>
File: 1443926850724.png (263 KB, 432x588) Image search: [Google]
1443926850724.png
263 KB, 432x588
>>25626542
>can match power with an adventurer superhero Alicorn
Why is Starlight so tough?
>>
>>25628703
You can't Glim Glam to Shim Sham.
>>
File: 1397496623411.jpg (13 KB, 336x340) Image search: [Google]
1397496623411.jpg
13 KB, 336x340
>>25633327
you can't sham shim or glam glim the shamwow
>>
The writing just keeps getting more retarded by the season.

Despite the fact the show went to shit since season 2.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.