[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it canon that she's crippled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 18
Is it canon that she's crippled?
>>
>>25611224
Yes.
>>
>>25611224
Yeah this was confirmed by faust like forever ago
>>
>>25611229
Where? I vaguely recall it being made pretty explicit, but I can't remember when.

>>25611235
Well that's something, though I hesitate to call the words of the director canon even if it didn't occur in the show.
>>
>>25611244
There was a episode before the equestrian games there Rainbow said she was disabled, maybe for life maybe not
>>
>>25611264
She'll fly eventually.
>>
>>25611264
I don't remember this. Can you give a link or something? Not trying to call you out, I just genuinely would like to see the scene as I don't recall it.

Regardless I'd like it if she stayed unable to fly. I agree with Faust when she said that she felt Scoots being unable to fly, but finding happiness and her own self worth in other things to be a beautiful idea. It's not that I want Scoots to suffer. I just think having her have that sort of thing makes for a better character. She can't fly but she's still very physically capable of things. So it's similar enough for disabled people from kids to adults to relate, but not so overly sad that Scoots wouldn't be able to play or have fun with her friends.
>>
>>25611472
Too bad that same philosophy didn't apply to Derpy.
>>
>>25611485
What do you mean? Like, the whole removing her from the show because of BS? I honestly was pretty sad about that. If people took all of 2 minutes to Google the term they'd know Derpy isn't a derogatory term for mentally handicapped. Hell if they even bothered to watch the damn show they'd know Derpy isn't even mentally handicapped. She clumsy. She has a heart of gold though and kept trying to help in both of her speaking roles which is more or less exactly how fans have come to know her. Hell you'd think they called her Nigger or something on the show for how fast and stupid the uproar was.

I know people shit on Twilight all the time for being rather perfect, even me sometimes, but really they shouldn't glorify only the proper perfect ponies. Derpy and Scoots are beautiful in that even with their unique physical traits, they're still good characters who find happiness. I really do hope this stays a thing with Scoots. Much like when they got their marks, her being happy to have her friends and help others being what she finds important, even more so than flying, would be nice.
>>
>>25611579
This was just about the first fan video I watched upon joining the fandom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-_HeVNYOk
>>
>>25611224

Officially in the show they haven't said. We've seen her hover better than she used to, but that's about it.
>>
File: 131467735456.gif (310 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
131467735456.gif
310 KB, 444x250
>>25611806
The sadness I felt when she was removed was matched only by the joy I felt when she came back. Removing her was like saying "Oh yeah if you aren't perfect, fuck off, you don't matter"

In a show called Friendship is Magic.

Biggest crock of shit that ever happened in the show. Yes even more than Twilicorn because while I didn't like how it was handled it wasn't surprising. Ditching a pony because of her name, having crossed eyes, and being clumsy? Shit was heartbreaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN9RN_3HbWo
>>
>>25611235
Certain show writers know shit about the previous episodes, so we might as well get an episode where she
- either flies like it wasn't a thing
- finally flies after someone teaches her, much like Sweetie Belle finally did magic this (?) season
>>
>>25611972
I remember reading a post by an Anon whose brother had Down Syndrome, and who also watched the show. The Anon said that his brother loved Derpy because he could relate to her. And then they took her away precisely because of that.
>>
>Scootaloo becomes quite upset over not being able to fly
>Not even Dash is able to cheer her up
>Dash unable to bare it gets the Wonderbolts to host a surprise party for Scootaloo
>They make her a junior wonderbolt for the day
>Soarin: "It's not the wings that make the pegasus kid, it's the pony that makes the pegasus."
>Skip a few hours
>Dash and Scoots are talking to each other alone
>Scoots then says something to break Dash into tears
>"The wonderbolts may have been your hero Rainbow Dash, but you're my hero."
>>
>>25611224
She's not crippled, she's different
>>
>>25611224

>A Pegasus pony at your age? You should've been flying long ago.

Nah, she's just a late bloomer.
>>
https://youtu.be/l6wqwZjTofo?t=2m26s
>>
>>25611982
wait, if scootaloo's issue with flying is similar to sweetie belle's trouble with magic, is it possible that they are both officially crippled? If so, does that mean apple bloom has a cripple?
>>
File: 1393346700699.png (615 KB, 1600x1581) Image search: [Google]
1393346700699.png
615 KB, 1600x1581
>>25612059
She said while flying.
>>
File: CTqmk5QUEAAT891.jpg (34 KB, 552x554) Image search: [Google]
CTqmk5QUEAAT891.jpg
34 KB, 552x554
>>25611579
>>25611972
When they removed Derpy it hurt so fucking much.

I felt like the show was an escape from reality, a place where I could pretend everything was perfect and that the world I live in didn't matter.

When I heard the news it hurt. It hurt bad. It was a wake up call that the world was cruel and even the smallest minority can have repercussions if vocal enough. Fuck that soccor mom piece of shit.

She ruined the illusion the show set for me and it lead into my downfall that eventually made me come to 4chan.

The world is cruel and even a small show based on ponies can be fired upon for no reason.

Trolling people, calling fans whatever name comes to their heads is one thing but when you ruin something that someone enjoys...Just why?
>>
>>25612019
I hope Scoots stays as is. Small bits of hovering but no actual flight. It'd keep her character interesting trying to make herself better in what she can do, while not causing another Derpy incident where being different is a bad thing.

>>25612059
RD just meant in general, but it's nice they said she didn't need to fly to be special.

>>25612085
Yes, but she also just got done saying that that's her, and Scoots is Scoots.
>>
File: image.jpg (310 KB, 1356x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310 KB, 1356x900
>>25612091
>>
>>25612091
She's back which is great, but it did kind of leave a taste in my mouth that won't go away. Like "You did that. You took out a harmless lovable pony because a minority in a minority (most handicapped people LOVE Derpy) made a stink."

I don't blame DHX though. Even some of the people there slipped Derpy in once in a while during her leave because they love her too. I blame Hasbro higher ups. Consider this though. The amount of people unhappy with her being gone far outweigh those who were happy with her removal. The world, and even FiM, may not be completely safe from bullshit getting in the way, but there's still a lot of good to come from them.

It'd be nice if a lot more companies were run by people like... Willy Wonka. Not just some suit, but someone who loves what they do and what their products are.

You know what? I think an episode where Derpy talks to Scootaloo about being different would be pretty damn great. Derpy can fly but she's very clumsy, crashes a lot, that sorta thing. Scoots can't fly but she's got fantastic balance and athletic ability. Good contrasts yet both very similar in being different from the norm.

Image was more or less me when Derpy returned.
>>
>>25612188
This is a great quote and good to go by, but for me I try and do one more thing to this. Help others when they get knocked down by life. Sucks when it happens to you. If everyone helped each other get up when we fall it'd be a lot easier than trying to step over everybody.
>>
>>25612105
>I hope Scoots stays as is. Small bits of hovering but no actual flight. It'd keep her character interesting
Scootaloo flying confirmed for S6
>>
File: 130471342192.png (249 KB, 1515x1046) Image search: [Google]
130471342192.png
249 KB, 1515x1046
>>25612222
>quads
God dammit Meghan don't you fucking dare.
>>
>>25612222
quads confirm every character gets destroyed bit by bit into mary sues
>>
>>25612277
When everyone's a mary sue.
Nyx can be canon
>>
File: 1355420682635.png (30 KB, 137x113) Image search: [Google]
1355420682635.png
30 KB, 137x113
>>25612222
Quads confirm anon's confirmation
>>
>>25611224
Yes, and in season 6 Christmas episode she will play the role of little Timmy, for the episode will just be a copy and past of the Christmas Carol.
>>
>>25612277
And /mlp/ will cry and say they're so proud, 10/10 best episode.
>>
File: love incarnate.gif (352 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
love incarnate.gif
352 KB, 400x400
>>25612091
>>25612194

let me tell you a little something most people don't even realize.

There were never any "soccer moms" it was just a troll perpetrated by people that don't like us. It's the same reason that it's a good thing hasbro/dhx shreds any mail sent to them, including that kids letter. Because you never know what they send them pretending to be us. It's the same reason any minuscule little thing they can find to cause outrage in us has several thread's about it.
They are trying to make us out to be more trouble than we're worth to the company.

And it works when some dumb asses fall for it.
>>
File: 1439661126095.gif (3 MB, 257x160) Image search: [Google]
1439661126095.gif
3 MB, 257x160
>>25612091
>>25612194
>>25613651

Things definitely still don't feel the same, even when she is here.
It sort of left a hole in my life for every episode she wasn't there. It is because of this that those episodes where truly never finished without her, and therefore "not worth it"
Even though she has returned there is still that scar.
When she stepped through that door, and waved that flag it felt like my body was trying to explode. I shook so bad and even cried a little. It was like Hasbro slapped me in the face with her and said "She is here to stay!".
Victory of the bronies.
>>
>>
>>25617586
Adorable or creepy?
>>
>>25617861
It's Scootaloo, so it's adorable.
>>
File: Reminder.png (83 KB, 800x398) Image search: [Google]
Reminder.png
83 KB, 800x398
>>
>>25617884
Someone on the staff said everybody knows what her real name is, even if they can't use it in media and such. That's why they don't call her by name anymore because it'd just upset fans. Honestly though I'd have been ok with they went with Ditzy Hooves. Close enough in name and meaning to not step on any toes but let the cast call her by a name.
>>
>>25611224
No, canon has never confirmed it. The episode "Flight to the Finish" brought the issue of her lack of flight up for the first time, but made it ambiguous whether she was disabled or a "late bloomer."
>>
>>25611235
Literally who?
>>
>>25612259
>>25612277
>>25612290
Scootaloo can maintain being a good character even if she flies. It won't make her a mary sue. When every other pegasus can fly, she feels like less of a pony. It's her dream. Just let my waifu be happy Goddamnit
>>
>>25618107
Not being able to fly is what makes Scootaloo distinct from other pegasi, and therefore interesting, just like Diamond Tiara being a cunt was what made her distinct from other fillies and therefore interesting.
>>
>>25618178
That's not the only thing that makes her interesting. If being crippled were her only interesting trait, that would be pathetic.
>>
>>25618198
Yeah, she also does sick scooter tricks (because she can't fly).
>>
>>25618257
She would still do that if she could fly.
>>
File: costanzashy.jpg (36 KB, 295x225) Image search: [Google]
costanzashy.jpg
36 KB, 295x225
>>25618274
>She would still do that if she could fly.
>>
>>25618392
What if she overcame her disability in a way that still ended with her being able to fly?
>>
>>25618586
wut
>>
>>25618642
I just want her to fly. Is that too much to ask without the rest of /mlp/ blowing up?
>>
>>25618663
>>25618586
Possible.
Pinkie does it all the time.
>>
File: nsf terrorist leader.jpg (30 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
nsf terrorist leader.jpg
30 KB, 200x200
>>25612222
confirmed. Don't believe me? it's all in the numbers
>>
Prolly not, but I did enjoy the scootaloo-colored rubber chickens in the newest episode.

Twiggles finds herself in a pile of them when she enters the Discord timeline.
>>
>>25612042
Like, 'hurp hurh I re difdfrent! I'm speshial how d-do I flight!?' different?
Nah she's not handicapped physically, there's something else.
>>
>>25617928
I also woulda been fine with ditsy,do maybe not hooves. A relation like sisters with yearling would be cool. My own head cannon basically, RD gets more attention from daring do for being a good friend with her little sister
>>
>>25621455
Ditzy Doo would have been perfect.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.