[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA - Just Another Day Ch. 19
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9
File: JaD0.png (289 KB, 1000x1248) Image search: [Google]
JaD0.png
289 KB, 1000x1248
>Ponyville seems to be a hotbed of excitement these days. Between the dragons roosting in the mountains, horrid monsters wandering out from the Everfree Forest, ancient ruins discovered deep in the earth, and the ever-presenting of all-out war between the Equestrians and the Gryphons, it seems like everypony looking for fame or fortune is flocking to this town.
>It is an age of knights, adventurers, dark magics, and destined heroes.
>You are none of these things.
>Your name is Pot Luck, and you just want to run your inn and tavern, the Sword and Board.
>You've begun the new day by looking into expanding your business to include a lunch take-out service, and have recruited Rough Diamonds to be your test subject.

Archives: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/anotherday

Characters: http://pastebin.com/RVB0Hjqp

Inn floorplan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fouKOvZLar5QZ4zOwmvnXA1hcPZ5UIBXNuy8RN0oFME/edit?usp=sharing

List of Supplies and Upgrades: http://pastebin.com/WgG9utrB

Finances: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YTLZkq_pXLE_QWo5srNBJThwC7dr25PBJcjbCHX8_4/edit

Special thanks as always to our artist.

"Think maybe I could get half a bolt? Just to start off," you suggest.
>"Half a bolt? That shouldn't be too difficult," Satin replies. He floats a bolt of fabric over, letting you examine it for a moment. It's his cheapest material, course and rough, but durable. Uou definitely wouldn't want to wear something made from this. Probably itchy as hell. "Say, Mr Pot," Satin muses as he gazes across your figure with a sly smirk, "Have you ever considered something for those legs of yours?"
"My legs?" you repeat, glancing downwards.
>"Why yes, your legs - such a slender figure should have something to...accentuate your assets," Satin explains.
"You mean like boots?"
>"No, darlin', I'm talking socks! They're all the rage in Canterlot right now. We simply must get you to try some on...hrmmm...you have a colour preference?"

Input action.
>>
>kills self
>>
>>25603307
I'm not one for fashion. Did you have something in mind?
>>
>>25603307
>we sock luck now

ok but lets get something to accentuate our coat

Or maybe get the same color as our mane for style
>>
>>25603307
Potty stuck me as a green type of guy
>>
>>25603307
How's purple? A really light shade. With stripes.
>>
>>25603416
Gotta get sexy stripes
>>
>>25603416
>>25603394
Green stripes to match his eyes.
>>
Is Wispy going to get a pair too?
Socks for everyone!
>>
>>25603465
Ooh, she'd look good with blue socks
>>
>>25603465
>put a pair on sundance
>She starts sobbing uncontrollably
>>
>>25603465
Make socks Pot's default gift.
>>
>>25603501
Uh, no.

She'd just fucking murder us.
>>
>>25603501
Whatever goes well with our flank, we gotta strut our stuff for her.
>>
>>25603501
Sundance has been given clothes! Sundance is now a free pony!
>>
>>25603416
>>25603453
I like purple with green stripes.
>>
>>25603539
Pot gives her a cock sock for her future strap on
>>
>>25603416
>>25603394
>>25603453
>>25603582

>You'd be lying if you said you had any sense of fashion. You've always been generally straight-forward with clothes, wearing only what's practically and required for work or weather. Clothes for the sake of aesthetics has always been seen as something of a luxury item to you.
>Still, it does sound kinda tempting. There are ponies you're trying to impress these days so...who knows, maybe a little something extra might be nice.
"What do you think would look good on me?"
>"For your complexion, I'm thinking either something that'll blend well with your mane...or perhaps..." the unicorn begins walking slow circles around you, humming to himself as he considers his options. "Maybe...a nice shade of purple, with a hint of green to go with those lovely eyes of yours."
>Satin Sash trots over to one of the shelves and starts sifting through its contents, eventually pulling out a set of four, lengthy socks of green and purple. He shoves them into your hooves.
>"Go on, try them on, darling!" he insists.
>You see no harm in trying, so you head into a change room and slip on the socks. The cotton feels...strange, though you figure it's just cause you're not used to have your legs covered up. They are warm at least, so that's a plus. You spend a few moments admiring them in the mirror, feeling weird but at the same time...kinda sexy. They don't look half-bad, really.
"So how do they look Satin?" you ask as you step back out.
>However, you stop in mid-stride, your eyes fixing on the sight of Azura in the shop. It's too late, of course, she's seen everything now, and the sight of you in socks has your adventurer friend trying desperately not to burst out in laughter.

Input action.
>>
>>25603825
Goddamn it

Thanks Dr. /v/
>>
>>25603825
Sexy muscle pose?
>>
>>25603825
>You're next.
>>
>>25603825
Ask for her opinion as well.
>>
>>25603825
Shake that flank
>>
>>25603825
She's just jelly you rock socks better than she does.
>>
>>25603825
I've seen you do worse.
>>
>>25603869
With >>25603858

Only way this can get better is if Belle walks in.
>>
>>25603917
We don't want to ruin Diamonds date
>>
>>25603825
Strike one of Diamond's muscle-poses for her!
>>
>>25603936
They both walk in then. Problem solved!
>>
>>25603825
We should hire her to help with our delivery service or make her wear a mascot costume
>>
>>25603989
She does need the bits
>>
>>25603989
Keep cool food cool
>>
>>25603989
I have a feeling she'd ask for way too much money.
>>
>>25603869
>>25603892
>>25603896

>You try to keep your cool, even despite the rising heat to your face that threatens to set your mane on fire. You gotta roll with it, though, so you strike your most alluring pose, twisting to one side and sticking out your hip.
"Come on, Azura, tell me what you think," you tease, giving your tail a playful swish from side to side.
>The unicorn, though, can take no more and she falls to the ground in a howl of laughter. Whatever comments she might have are drowned out as a result.
"You're just jealous I can pull this off better."
>"Well I think they look gorgeous on you," Satin reassures. "Just be careful where you aim those hips of yours, you might get pounced." He makes a playful growl and then laughs it off. "So would you like you to add those to the purchase? It's twenty bits for the socks."

Input action. Also definitely need a colour pic of Pot in socks.
>>
>>25604163
Sure. We could always use them for...something.
Are we gonna get socks for Wispy too? Else we better head back to the Inn for lunch
>>
>>25604163
Gotta get them for that date with Wine.
Tell Azura our plan for the ice, once she stops laughing.
Then ask her if she thinks Mares will like the socks.
>>
>>25604163
Sure, ask whats Azura is up to
>>
>>25604163
Get them. Wear them down to Diamond's food delivery. Maybe we can get his priorities right.
>>
>>25604163
Azrura is dangerous, i better hide my booty
>>
Azura is a tsundere. I propose we hardcore flirt (like hot gay makeouts) with Satin and poke her weak spot as she gets flustered and jealous.
>>
>>25604208
Save Wispy a pair for her birthday. We'll just get these first,

>>25604367
No, anon. You have to make it subtle.
Wear them while we're teaching him how to cook.

>>25604621
Azura has a crush on Pirsm. He'd be a better pony to start with.
>>
File: GREEN_questionmark.png (281 KB, 1285x1081) Image search: [Google]
GREEN_questionmark.png
281 KB, 1285x1081
>>25603453
>green
???????????????????
>>
>Despite the misgivings that Azura's laughing gives you, you figure it's not a bad idea to have some clothes that make you feel sexy and desirable. Hey, mares aren't the only ones that like to feel pretty once in a while.
"Sure, I'll take em," you answer before heading back into the change room to slip them off, if only so that you don't have to carry on the conversation with Azura's laughter serving as a backdrop.
>You pay for your purchases and stow them away in your saddlebags. Eventually, Azura rights herself, still a little red and wheezy from so much laughter.
"Got that out of your system yet?"
>"For now," she answers, stiffling a small snerk.
"So what are you doing here?"
>"Picking up a new cloak," she explains. She holds out the one she's currently wearing, showing off a number of holes in it. "This one is getting a little worn out...especially because of those blasted cats."
"What do you got planned for today?"
>Azura gives an uncertain shrug. "Not much, to be honest. I'm going to check the jobs board and see if there's anything interesting - always somepony who needs a flower from the Everfree or a pack of rodents exterminated."
"Ahhh, the rewarding work of an adventurer never ceases."
>Azura just blows a raspberry at you in reponse.
>>
>>25604878
"I was thinking of starting a delivery business, how would you like to make some easy bits? All you need to do is be free around lunch and hand ponies lunch so it shouldn't take a lot of your time"
>>
>>25604938
This. Azura is a hard worker and could probably use some help in the friend-making department.
>>
>>25604938
She would know the way to the mine better than us or Whispy.
>>
>>25604938
Its not like she will make that much more picking flowers
>>
>>25604938
I think we should start with Wispy to reel the customers in for a few days before we use Azura.
>>
>>25604992
I don't know how I feel about a little filly walking around ponyville on her own
>>
>>25604818
The green to match his cutie mark then.

>>25604979
Might be worth mentioning it to Azura, but as a delivery girl Wispy would get more tips
How about asking her if the Adventurer's guild would make good clients? Something to keep in mind if this takes off.
>>
>>25604878
I agree, see if she's available for food-delivery "quests". Even if she's occasionally too busy it's good to have as many potential delivery agents as possible.
>>
>>25604878
We should put up on the quest board 5 bits for a hug. Give to Azura
>>
>>25605073
Changelings will be all over that
>>
Time for work. Hopefully can continue in an hour or so.
>>
File: whichpotisthebes.png (431 KB, 1505x859) Image search: [Google]
whichpotisthebes.png
431 KB, 1505x859
>>25604163
His eyes are orange though.

I prefer orange stripes.
>>
>>25605139
We better not wear these down any dark alleys
>>
>>25605139

I think the stripes should be thinner.
>>
>>25604818
The pastebin says his eyes are green, so the artist fucked up.
>>
>>25605139
>>25605426
From the pastebin.
Appearance: A stocky build with a golden yellow coat and auburn mane (short crop) with green eyes. You have a pot with a clover on it for a cutie mark.
>>
File: Main.png (3 MB, 3625x3333) Image search: [Google]
Main.png
3 MB, 3625x3333
>>25605426
>>25605454
:^(
fuggggg
>>
>>25606033
People can be so mean, forcing an awesome artist to satisfy their autism.
>>
>>25606059
>>25606033
Keep current color scheme, fuck everyone else.
>>
>>25606033
Man I love Ember
>>
>>25605139
Just needs a skirt to top it off
>>
>>25606294
I just realized pot would make a good trap
>>
>>25605426
>>25605454
Look throught the fanart section of the archive.

Any and all colored art has his eyes as orangeishy yellow. Artist done fucked up real bad.
>>
>>25604938
>>25604948
>>25604982

"Say Azura, I'm thinking of starting up a lunch delivery service - hot meals to the working ponies in town. If you're interested in making a few extra bits, I could probably use extra hooves...assuming the service gets popular enough. Pretty easy work - just gotta run some meals to ponies in town."
>"Excuse me?" Azura remarks, sounding indignant right off the bat. "Who do you think I am? I am an adventurer! I have spent years training my mind and body to turn it into a lean and efficient killing machine, so that I may reap the glory and benefits on the field. I do not sully myself with something something so trivial as delivering lunches to peasants."
"As opposed to picking flowers in a forest?"
>Azura frowns for a moment.
>"I'll think about it, but only because some days I'd prefer not to exert myself," Azura replies.

Input action.
>>
>>25606540
Go to the inn?
>>
>>25606540
Alright, thanks, Azzy.
Is the rev any other business in town we need to take care of?
>>
>>25606582
I can't think of anything
>>
>>25606582
Plan the love note, lol.
>>
>>25606540
"Soon enough people will be killing to get their hands on my lunches, or my socks"
>>
>>25606540
Maybe we should make a couple for him to share? Or just stick to word of mouth?
>>
>>25606573
>>25606582
>>25606614

>With little else to be done in town, you return to the inn to start prepping for lunch hour.
>You arrive to find Wispy playing about with her sword, swinging away at imaginary foes as she jumps and scampers across the tabletops. She appears to have used some twine to tie together a bunch of small pans and bowls into a crude sort of armour, complete with a colander helmet.
"Having fun Wispy?" you remark with a quiet chuckle to yourself.
>"Oh! Pot...um, you're home early," Wispy replies, flustering a bit whilst still in mid-swing.
"Interesting get-up you have there," you comment, trotting over and patting the filly on her helmet, which causes it to tip down over her eyes. "How do you feel about becoming a delivery girl?"
>"Do I get to slay dragons?" she asks.
"I don't think so. You do get to run meals to ponies in town."
>"You mean going out there...by myself?" she asks, glancing to the door a bit warily.

Input action.
>>
>>25607035
"Hey, when you're a famous adventurer, you can't be scared to be out and alone. Think of it as a first step towards that."
>>
>>25607050
I'm on the fence about letting her go alone. But as long as we give her a bit per devilry or something.
>>
>>25607130
She does need to learn to be out there on her own, especially if we want to help her achieve her dream.

Shit... I'm suddenly disappointed this CYOA can't go on forever.
>>
>>25607035
I can help you with the first couple of delvs if you want
>>
>>25607035
We should ask her what shes worried about
>>
>>25607035

This >>25607050
and this >>25607166
She has been living alone in the Inn before we came, what did she do then?

>>25607138
>We will never get to see Wispy grow up
>>
>>25607265
>We will never be there for Sundance as she slowly recovers from her trauma and opens up.
>We will almost certainly never her see her truly love to dance again.
>>
>>25607287
Of course we will, one day at a time anon.
>>
>>25607287
Once this gets to the point where Pot gets a set enough personality, Innkeeper could post those things as fanfics.
>>
>>25607287
I was making my waifu Azura but anon you are giving a good challenge to give love and happiness to that mare that only pots plot can fix.
>>
>>25607434
I keep saying that we can just have ALL the waifus.
>>
>>25607050
>>25607138
>>25607166

"Oh come on, Wispy, you're a big, strong adventurer - you can't let yourself be stopped by a little bit of fear," you try to reassure the little filly.
>You had almost forgotten that being a changeling leaves her a bit wary of being surrounded by ponies who are generally adverse to such beings.
"Plus, you've been handling yourself fine around ponies during the last few nights."
>"I...I suppose that's true," Wispy replies, nodding slowly.
"I'll walk with you for the first delivery, just so we both know the way to the mines," you offer, for extra reassurance.
>"You will?" Wispy replies. When you nod, the filly promptly latches onto your leg and gives it a big hug. "So what are we going to put in these lunches?" she asks.

Darn fine question. What do you plan on offering for these packed lunches? Some variety would be a good idea, but it should also be something easy to make in large quantities.
>>
>>25607456
and the husbandos!
There really needs to be more than just 2
>>
>>25607500
Stick with two, maybe three dishes first.
Lentil burgers are one
What else can we make?
>>
>>25607500
Food: Sandwiches, burgers, Quiche.
Drinks: Milk, mead, wine
>>
>>25607525
>>25607523

We should also make a meat option for them.
>>
>>25607507
Agreed, more horsebandos. We just need everyone to band together as polygamyfags.

>>25607525
This.
>>
>>25607543
We could put meat in the quiche.
>>
>>25607571
Well all of those meals can have meat put in them, lets just say if the customer requests it put it in.
>>
>>25607523
We also need a small, medium and large. Simple options with variety.
>>
>>25607547
I vote that we start with Valiant Heart. He's got a nice moustache.

>>25607571
There are griffon miners?

>>25607611
Sandwiches, burgers and Quiche? Like >>25607525
>>
>>25607602
The meat we have is neither ground nor lunch meat if I remember correctly. Besides I don't think Quiche is all that popular amongst ponies if the first time we had it is any indication.
>>
Drinks come with all

Small: Simple burger; A few Sandwiches; A quarter of a Quiche

Medium: Average burger; A assortment of sandwiches; Half a Quiche

Large: Big burger; A variety of sandwiches; Quiche and they all get a cheesy bread?

How's that
>>
>>25607648
When we can we should improve our meat dealings.
>>
>>25607701
That could be our menu. Though just Diamond is going to try our food, how much do we give?
>>
>>25607718
I think we should give him a large burger meal and make a medium sandwiches one and small quiche and give the other 2 to other miners to try.
>>
>>25607728
why not
>>
>>25607701
Put that down in our new log book and let wispy learn it so should be able to take those orders
>>
>>25607701
I think everything here can be made in large quantities, the Quiche can be divided if necessary.
>>
>>25607777
The quads confirm.
>>
>>25607777
Nice quads
>>
>>25607777
Lucky 7's
>>
>You head into the kitchen with Wispy to start drawing up plans, using some empty plates as stand-ins while you visual your plans on the countertop.
"What we need to include is something you can't normally get with a packed meal - something hot and cooked. Something already popular is a solid choice...so we should definitely include the lentil-burgers."
>"Ohhh, maybe the quiche, too," Wispy suggests.
"And perhaps some sandwiches on the sides as well. Those will keep longer, and could make for a decent mid-afternoon snack."
>"And to wash it down?"
"I got these," you announce, setting down the pack of waterskins. "We can probably just charge a fee if they don't return the waterskins once they're done. We can probably just make a drop-box or something out by the front door for them and they can be deposited over time."
>"But how will we know who's waterskins they are then?"
"Hmmm, good question," you reply, tapping on your chin for a moment. "Ah! We mark the waterskins with a corresponding code to the customer order. That way we know which lunch order has which waterskin."
>The filly murmurs and nods along with your reasoning.
"Now we can maybe offer meals in different sizes...if things get popular enough, I can start adding meat options for any interested gryphons..."
>"If we get enough orders, I'm going to need help carrying all that food," Wispy remarks.

A valid issue - one filly is going to have trouble delivering more than a couple of orders at a time. Input response.
>>
>>25607852
Well we will have to find someone for you to train
>>
>>25607852
Beg Rowan and co not to get too angry as we ask for them to make us a cart.
>>
>>25607896
Didn't even think of a cart
>>
>>25607896
On slow days we can load up that cart and sell snacks around town.
>>
File: Bearded Man Grin.gif (2 MB, 300x123) Image search: [Google]
Bearded Man Grin.gif
2 MB, 300x123
>>25607903
>>25607911
You're fucking welcome, bros.
>>
>>25607930
If we only had the bits.
>>
>>25607930
I welcome your fucking.

Another thing. If there's enough orders, can Pot and Ember keep up with that and the usual lunch rush?
We're not that popular yet, but it might be best to save up if we need to hire another set of hooves.
>>
>>25607957
Well its not like we are doing a lot during that time and we have the benefit of know when they need to be done. We should hopefully be fine for a while.
>>
>>25607911
We're inventing the taco truck.
>>
>>25607957
The food for the deliveries would need to be completed before the lunch rush.
>>
>>25607852
I'm sure we will find someone, if it feels like to much just mention it.
>>
>>25607896
>>25607957
>>25607981

>You ponder issue for a moment, and a solution soon comes to mind.
"A cart!" you explain. "We can hire Birchwood perhaps to build you a little cart that you can tow around town. We load up the food, and you'll be all set."
>"This sounds like a lot of work," Ember comments as she meanders over to the counter. "You realize we'll want to make sure these orders are ready even before the lunch time crowds begin to arrive."
"I think we can handle that - we don't do much in the morning anyways. And if things start getting a little overwhelming then I'll see about hiring somepony to help in the kitchen. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we still need to get Diamond a proper lunch so he can be our ambassador."
>You figure it's best to tackle these potential issues when they arise, rather than fret over them right now.
>With Ember's assistance, you whip together a quick sample of the lunch, including a few spares so that Diamond can give to any curious on-lookers he gets. You cut up some fabric, package the whole meal together, and tie it all off with a bit of twine.
"Perfect," you remark to yourself.
>You give the lunch over to Wispy, so she can get comfortable carrying them, and then the two of you set off to go to the mines. It's a relaxing walk, that's for sure, though a bit of a distance since the mines reside outside of Ponyville. At least you've got decent company with Wispy alongside you, happily humming along.

Input conversation?
>>
>>25608277
"So what did you do when you were alone in the inn? Can't imagine it was easy getting food"
>>
>>25608277
Ask how she's getting along with Ember.
>>
>>25607035
>>25608296
They mostly eat love, so she probably ate on couples as the past by.
>>
>>25608299
>>25608296

This plus if shes enjoying the Inn and if anything could be better.
>>
>>25608277
>Would you like a father?
Because its still technically not official
>>
>>25608368
I wouldn't mind this, but we should act all nervous like asking a chick out for the first time
>>
>>25608370
>W-would you like it if I a-adopted you? Um....officially, I mean.
>>
>>25608368
>>25608370
>>25608414
Something like that could cause her to drop all of the food. If we do it we should wait until we're on our way back.
>>
>>25608414
This
>>
>>25608440
Okay.
Let's talk about the weather
>>
>>25608368
>>25608370
>>25608414
>>25608299

"So....Wispy, lovely we're having, eh?" you comment, trying to strike up some topic of conversation and falling short at first.
>"Yup, nice and sunny," she replies. "Though I think I overheard some pegasus talking about gathering up some clouds for rain this evening."
"Good thing we'll be indoors by then."
>You whistle to yourself, letting the silence lingering over again.
"Things going well with Ember?"
>"Mm-hm," she nods, a bit proudly this time. "She might act all grumpy, but I think she likes not being around a bunch of mean and nasty demons all the time. Plus, I think the food is better here."
"Swaying demons through the power of food...I wonder if Princess Celestia might like an idea like that," you chuckle to yourself. "Sooooo, listen...I've been thinking about something..."
>"Oh god, you're not breaking up with me, are you?" Wispy asks, feigning shock and horror. "There's another filly, isn't there?"
"What? No! There's nopony who could be as adorable as you," you hastily reply. When she starts laughing, you realize she's just teasing you. "But listen, you know I've sorta always been introducing you as my neice..."
>"Yes?" Wispy looks at you a bit confused.
"Well, I just thinking...you know, maybe if we could...like, um...w-what I'm trying to say is...uh, w-would you like to...if we could uhhh, be...if I...adopted you. O-officially, I mean."
>Wispy stops immediately in her tracks, her eyes and mouth opening wide, and then just holding like that.
>"OHYESYESYESYESYES!"
>You're suddenly tackled by the filly with the force of a hundred rampaging bulls, knocking you flat on your back, and even launching the lunch into the air. Thankfully you have enough to sense and you manage to catch it on the way back down whilst being hug-strangled by the filly.

Input action
>>
>>25608653
Wispy is best daughteru
>>
>>25608653
Be smothered in our soon to be daughter's affection.
>>
>>25608653
I wonder if pot even knows how adoption works here, because we sure don't
>>
>>25608703
He might need to have another chat with that mare from Canterlot.
>>
>>25608719
Along with a cathartic hatefuck
>>
>>25608653
Let wispy have her way with us
>>
>>25608669
True dat
>>
>>25608669
It's confirmed.
>>
>>25608653
Give that filly all the love she deserves
>>
>>25608653
Start blacking out because she's hugging too tightly.
>>
>>25608719
Forget her, just write a letter to the princess herself!
Speaking of which, is Berry going to come back soon?

>>25608913
Whatever you do, don't drop the food.
>>
>>25609064
I'm sure the princess and spymare have chatted and shes assessing the option of what should happen.
>>
>You hug the filly back with your free hoof, letting her express all that gratitude however she wants. At least until you start feeling a little bit light-headed because that filly has a grip on her like an anaconda. Love must really be empowering her, you reckon.
"Okay, Wispy, that's enough. I need to breath occasionally," you explain as you ease the filly off of you.
>"Does this mean I get to call you daddy now?" she asks. "Oh, I know, I'll go with 'Papa Pot.'" The filly starts bouncing in a circle around you, going 'Papa Pot' all the while.
"Okay, Wispy, I know you're excited but we still have work to do," you remind her as you give the packed lunch back over to her.
>Wispy calms herself down, and the two of you are able to get back to your delivery.
>After a bit of a walk, you arrive at the mines. The mine itself sits at the base of the mountains, consisting of several small buildings containing offices, outfitters, and storage. You see quite a few ponies with wagons picking up and hauling out loads of ore or minerals. It's quite the hub of activity, as you'd expect, and it takes a while before you're able to spot the familiar stallion, now coated in a layer of dirt and grease.
>"Hey you two! Thought for a second you were going to leave me waiting forever," Diamond says with a chuckling as he trots on over.
>"And here's your lunch," Wispy greets, holding out the food.
>"Hot grub! Just what the doctor ordered." He's understandably excited about the prospect and quickly opens the package to see what you've brought. "Geeze, I was expecting like hard biscuits and root veggies, but you went all out with this. Quiche got a little squished though..."
"It...got jostled a bit on the way here. We'll work on that," you sheepishly replied.
>The delivery seems to be a success, though you'll need to wait until afterwards to hear the review.
>"Hey Pot, when do you think you might be free for that whole dinner thingie we talked about?" Diamond then asks.

Input response.
>>
>>25609111
That really depends on you, I could always work around the busy hours and teach you then or you could come during the morning because I'm free then.
>>
>>25609111
Is that date with Wine tonight? If not, tomorrow morning.
>>
>>25609126
He could join us in the kitchen next time he's free
>>
>>25609111
Wispy will be the strongest there is, she is already stronger then us.
>>
>>25609111
Tell him about the drop box thing and the menu
>>
>>25609111
Hard biscuits and root veg? He wasn't kidding when he said 'shitty food'

About dinner, we're usually free every morning. Or he could come into the kitchen during dinner and learn then.
>>
>>25609111
"So Diamond, hows the mining business going?"
>>
>>25609197
"Get a good price on that huge rock you brought in the other day?"
>>
>>25609192
We should tell him that about the food, "You need a lot more then that to make it through the day Diamond"
>>
>>25609214
"Big guy like you needs his energy!"

I like to think the reason Diamond is going after Belle now is partially because we set them up. The whole dinner thing might not be happening at all if Pot had went after him earlier. Oh well. Its not like he's gonna find out. Yet.
>>
>>25609242
Always sundance with a strap-on if you want a masculine figure in pots life. I'm sure wispy would love her as a mother.
>>
I'm rather tired tonight. I'm going to call it a night early. Hopefully this won't die in the interim.
>>
>>25609283
amen sir
>>
>>25609283
Wish I was awake during the most dangerous time for this thread dying.
>>
>>25609248
After all she's been through, I won't try anything with Sunny for a while yet.Diamond was the only character that I think fit well with Pot's personality and sense of humor. Except for White Wine, but she always struck me as the kind to not settle down for another decade or so. Even after she's asked him out.
Diamond's a little less like that. Kinda like Belle, actually, but won't mind the romance.

I'm n-not bitter, I swear!
Actually I'm also worried that all the options are already laid out, and no one new is going to come in if someone leaves. But this is a cyoa, after all. Nothing's set until it happens
>>
>>25609380
Always Azura
>>
We should ask Sugar Song to lend us one of her food carts when she comes in with poster designs. She must have a least one she is not using.

Well i'm going to bed, I hope some noble hero can protect this thread during their knight shift.
>>
keep capitalism alive bump
>>
Bed bump
>>
Second try bump
>>
>>25611930
We won't give it up
>>
>>25612448
Never gonna let it down
>>
Sundance's rapper name would be Sunny D
>>
>>25609283
Never
>>
>>25615275
Ever
>>
>>25616031
Ever
>>
>>25609111
I wonder if he will like it
>>
Hopefully will be able to start in the next hour or so.
>>
>>25617786
Noice
>>
>>25617786
will be waiting
>>
>>25617786
Huzzah!
>>
>>25618043
Huzzah.
>>
>Considering you've already agreed to see to White Wine tonight, it's probably best not to double-book your time.
"If you want to learn how to cook, you're welcome to come by whenever you have free time and observe in the kitchen," you offer. "As for actually helping you cook the meal, though, probably at least not tonight."
>"Yeah, might be a good idea to give it a few days...gotta get Jewel to someplace safer if you catch my drift," he answers with a cocky grin.
"Of course," you mutter.
>Wispy just giggles knowingly.
>"Well, I'd love to stay and shoot the shit some more, but I gotta get back to the mines. Ores wait for nopony...well, I suppose they technically do...but...you know what I mean!"
>Rough Diamond gives you a quick wave and heads on his way. With the delivery completed, you and Wispy head back to the inn. The filly hops onto your back to catch a ride for the rest of the way back.
>"Hey, can we stop by the bakery on the way home?" she asks.

Input response.
>>
>>25619195
"Sure thing darling, lets get something special for my favorite daughter "
>>
>>25619223
>>25619195
So our child is gonna get chubby with all this love and food she has been getting.
>>
>>25619195
Time for an awkward encounter.
>>
>>25619223
Plus, we'd get to see Cutie again.
Who the heck is Jewel? His rock?

>>25619242
We can tease her about it.
>>
>>25619327
His younger brother, Bright Jewel.

>>25619195
Only the best for our soon-to-be daughter.
>>
>>25619195
Oh man, time for QT.
This will be awkward but hopefully turn out alright.
>>
>>25619223
>>25619317
>>25619327

>The thought of the bakery gives you a brief moment of pause. Going there means an all-too-likely run-in with Cutie Swirl. You haven't spoken with him since that particular night, and you're not sure yet how he'll react.
>You remind yourself that you're likely worrying about nothing. You're all grown ponies and it's not likely anything untowards is going to happen in the middle of a bakery during the day. Worse case scenario, you just act casual and order something sweet for your Wispy.
"Of course we can," you reply.
>Wispy lets out a little cheer and then the two of you change course for the bakery.
>You try to keep the thoughts of that night out of your head as you draw closer, though the scent of fresh bread and cinnamon in the air makes that a bit tricky. You step into the bakery and spot the timid little bakery toiling away behind the counter, adding ribbons of icing to a cake.
>"Be with you in a moment," he calls out before glancing. "Is there something I--Pot!" The bakery goes tense and beat red, and inadvertantly tightens his hooves on the icing applicator he's holding, causing a blast of frosting to launch out the tube, blasting his face with white icing.

Input response.
>>
>>25619680
"Getting your face covered in gooey white? Some things never change, huh?"
>>
>>25619680
Hey QT just get whatever wispy wants
>>
>>25619680
Might want to step away from that cake before icing drips and you ruin your design.
>>
>>25619680
I'll have the most sugar inducing coma item you have
>>
>>25619706
Too direct, we'll scare the qt. A "Well that's reminiscent" will suffice.
>>
>>25619680
Hey there QT, dropped by to pick up something sweet for Wispy here. Everything alright?
>>
>>25619783
I don't like to mince words. But this is probably better.
>>
"Ah, well that brings back memories," you remark, using all your willpower not to snicker or make any sort of crude remarks.
>Wispy, on the other hand, has no such qualms and starts giggling furiously at the sight of the messy baker, which only makes Cutie fluster even more.
"Now now, Wispy, don't embarrass the poor pony any further," you remind the filly.
>"W-well hello, Pot...I, uh...d-didn't expect to see you aga--I mean, so soon," Cutie Swirl replies, clearly trying to keep his composure.
"Wispy's got a hankering for something sweet," you remark, gesturing to the filly on your back.
>"Right, o-of course," Cutie nods. He tries to act casually, resting a hoof and leaning on the counter, except the frost-covered hoof refuses to keep a grip and the stallion slips and stumbles, only just narrowly catching his balance on the table. He quickly rights himself. "Meant to do that..."
>"Can I get a cinnamon bun, please?" Wispy asks.
"Everything okay?"
>"Of course, n-never been better," Cutie answers, managing a bashful smile. He goes to grab one a cinnamon bun for Wispy, wrapping it up with some paper. "How's the inn?"

Input response.
>>
>>25620007
"its going good, just starting a delivery services, you know delivering HOT warm thing directly to ponies mouths"
>>
>>25620031
This, but add "do you want some?"
>>
>>25620050
kek mate
>>
>>25620007
It's doing well, drumming up quite a bit of business. Which brings up the second reason. I also brokered a treaty between a bunch of cats and milk farmers.

Take pity on the poor qt and find a towel or something for him.
>>
>>25620007
Do a little bit of teasing and head back to the inn. Gotta get ready for costumers and sugar.
>>
>>25620007
Agreed to say that it's going well, and to tell him about the delivery service we're starting up, but
>>25620031
>>25620050
Anon pls, QT requires a more delicate touch than this, he'll be too embarrassed to come visit us! More than he already is, that is.
>>
>>25620090
Would also do some good to tell him to relax.Seems he's trying too hard to keep calm.
>>
>>25620090
>Which brings up the second reason.
Wow. I completely bailed on that sentence and forgot to remove it.
>>
>>25620090
>>25620118

These
>>
We should ask Wispy when her birthday is since we're now Papa Pot
>>
>>25620178
I think near the start of this she said she doesn't have one and we would do it in a couple of weeks so she will find friends so we can have it (And we have the bits for it).
>>
"The inn is doing just fine," you reply with a quiet chuckle. "And you really should just take a breath and relax. No reason to be so tense."
>"S-sorry, I'm just...well, I mean last time I felt so much more relaxed but I can't seem to get my nerves to stop acting up on me," Cutie apologizes. "Really hope I don't have to drink just to have a normal conversation."
"Just relax and don't fret too much. It'll get easier the more you do it."
>The pegasus steps back and takes a few deep breaths to calm himself down. He helps himself to a nearby towel and starts cleaning himself up in the process.
"As for the inn, I'm trying to get a delivery service for it up and running," you explain. "You know, just giving ponies something they're so desperately lacking in - nice, HOT meals delivered right to their mouths."
>Cutie Swirl lowers the towel a bit, a red tint across his cheeks again. You flash a cheeky grin.
"Sorry, couldn't resist."
>"It...um, sounds like it could work. I suppose the real issue is making sure to delivery things quickly and safely - ponies aren't going to like their lunches getting smooshed or cold."
"I'll keep that in mind," you nod before paying a bit for the cinnamon bun.
>"Bye, and thanks!" Wispy says, waving to the baker before nibbling on her new treat.
>You return to the inn soon afterwards. It'll soon be time for the lunch hour crowds.

Any preparations or instructions to give to your staff before getting to work?
>>
>>25620343
Teach ember more about food, she will be a master when we are done with her
>>
>>25620343
Perhaps we should give Ember some more lessons.
>>
>>25620343
Has Ember ever seen Whispy as a changeling? If she's going to live with us we might as well show her and explain the context and why she shouldn't tell anyone else. Not being from Equestria she's likely to notice one day and talk about it when she ought not.
>>
>>25620383
This. First make sure that she's got the appetizers down and give her tentative lessons with the entrees.

She probably responds well to positive reinforcement. Lets focus on that.
>>
>>25620343
>Left without saying to feel free to stop by
fug

We should be good to go for lunch hour. I'm sure Ember will want to start the oven + maybe we could show her some more about food preparation.
>>
>>25620382
>>25620395

>You leave Wispy to take care of cleaning the tables off, while you check in on Ember.
"Hey there, how's my favourite smoking pony?"
>"If I still had the power, I'd set you and everyone you care about on fire," she sarcastically replies.
"Great to hear!" you play along. "Why don't you fire up the oven and we'll get work on plating the appetizers."
>At least the prospect of setting something ablaze is able to keep Ember's spirit up. The spend the rest of the time helping teach Ember more about the ways of culinary art. She is, as always, impatient and sour, but she's catching on.
>"So why do you like cooking so much anyways?" Ember asks while dicing up some leeks. "I mean, if you were a gryphon I could sorta understand since you get to kill things occasionally, but unless potatoes start screaming, this feels a bit flat."

Input response.
>>
You guys seem to have things handled.
>>
>>25620644
>The satisfaction is in the reward. I cook because I like food that tastes good, and I like seeing others enjoying it.
>Besides, vegetables scream too. They just don't do it when you're cutting them.
>>
>>25620644
"Thats a good question Ember, food is a great way to ponies hearts, it can cheer them up, make them feel better or give them strength and health to continue with their day. I'm sure you know about the cats, after eating chowder it moved their widdle hearts to try a different way of life instead of stealing so they can earn bits and buy more of it"
>>
>>25620644
How many lighter rock things do we have left? We wanted to explode the last one with Ember remember.
>>
>>25620644
Time to cook this hot stuff something amazing
>>
>>25620644
Its brings everyone together, here in this inn everyone is welcome to eat and drink.
>>
>>25620723
I don't think she has ever tried food before, give her a taste.
>>
>>25620673
>>25620682

"Probably because I enjoy bringing happiness into the lives of others, not seeing them squirm and scream," you answer while taking some of the diced leek away from Ember. "Food is a great way to the hearts of ponies - cheers them up after a bad day, gives them strength to tackle new challenges, brings them together when they're feeling alone. It's all about community, and I enjoy being a part of that."
>"How quaint..." Ember mutters to herself. You catch notice of a slight upwards curl at the corner of her lip, but then she sees you staring and scowls even harder. "I mean, what a load of namby-pamby pony nonsense."
>You smile to yourself, but decide to say nothing more of it...at least not while Ember's still holding a knife.
>The lunchtime crowds soon begin to trickle in. You see some familiar faces, like Birchwood and his two sons, clearly having a nice little feast to themselves.
>"Papa Pot, there's some shiny guards here to see you!" Wispy's voice calls out from the other side of the kitchen door.
>Curious, you venture on out and see a familiar moustached face. It's one of the Hearts, though off the top of your head you really can't remember which one is which.
"Um, hello...sir, is there something I can help you with?"
>"That you may," the mottled pegasus affirms. He pulls out a scroll and unfurls it, showing off a picture of yet another familiar face, this time a zebra's. "We've received word that a fugitive from the wildlands is hiding out in Ponyville. A pony has put out a sizeable cash reward for information leading to the fugitive's arrest. Have you seen anyone looking like this? Zebra's are hard to miss, they've all stripey and stuff. Be wary of their gaze, though, it is said that they can put a pony into a trance with but a look."

Input response.
>>
>>25620912
Why would a pony put out a reward for a zebra's arrest if the zebra is a fugitive from the wildlands? But no, I haven't seen one. If you'd like you can leave a scroll here and I'll put it up sometime. A little message-board near the door isn't a bad idea...
>>
>>25620912
"Actually yes, it was a few days ago though and they left town with some pony, not sure who because they were both hooded at the time, I could only make out some of the stripped fur"

Give some BS excuse of where they might of gone
>>
>>25620912
What did this zebra do? That is a rather racist and silly thing to say.
>>
>>25620928
I love the message board idea but I think half truths are the best lies >>25620930
>>
>>25620937
I also want to know
>>
>>25620944
I agree, but we should also try to get some information out of him.
>>
>>25620965
Double agreed
>>
>>25620944
How about both? Give a half truth and offer to keep the scroll? Makes it much more believable. Maybe throw in something slightly embarrassing so they won't want to pry. Like the whole aphrodisiac fiasco.
>I think I saw one a few days ago, passed through here wearing a hood, though I could make out some stripes on their coat. Wasn't paying much attention though. I was much more busy with another pony, if you know what I mean.
>Waggle eyebrows
>>
>>25620995
lets not mention the drugging of our customers, for legal reasons.
>>
>>25620995
Talking about fucking to a guy we barely know that's working is weird.
>>
>>25621020
>>25621026
Okay, maybe don't mention that part.
Just ask what the bounty is supposed to be for instead,
>>
>>25621048
Agreed
>"Sir we are looking for a Zeb-"
"So I had sex with that pony and that pony over there, that one I drugged and had a three way, pretty messy"
>>
"Why is a pony putting a bounty on a zebra from the wildlands?" you remark, albeit a bit rhetorically. "What exactly is this zebra wanted for?"
>"Theft," the guardpony answers, "though I'm sure there's a bit more to it. You can never be too sure with those savages...probably a hoodoo hex or two involved."
"Lot of effort for just some theft," you reply. "Well, afraid I can't help you much - I thought I saw somebody zebra-like yesterday in the market, but between the crowds and the cloaks, I really can't say for certain."
>"Very well, be on the look-out though. This fugitive is extremely dangerous."
"I thought this was just for theft."
>"All zebras are dangerous...that wildlands of theirs is nothing but chaos and savagry. No skin off my muzzle if they waste all their time killing each other, but when that stuff spills out into my kingdom, then you're damn right I will put a stop to it."
>You try to keep a straight face despite an overwhelming urge to roll your eyes straight out of your skull.
"Well, maybe I can help out - you can leave that scroll here and I'll hang it up somewhere so that my patrons can be made aware," you offer.
>"Ah! A capital idea, citizen," the guardpony says as he hoofs you the scroll. "Always glad to see to that someponies take law and order seriously...unlike some of those clients of yours. Now, onto the second business..."
>The guardpony takes off his helmet and then sits down on a nearby stool. "I'll have the lentil burger and a pint of mead, if you'll please."

Input action.
>>
>>25621145
Of course.
Take the paper and stick it up outside.
>>
>>25621145
"I'll get right on that." Take the scroll back to the kitchen with us. I want to show it to Zuri when we have time. Does the scroll have how much the bounty is?
>>
>>25621154
Pretty much this, make sure it tastes great.
>>
>>25621145
Lets give him a free drink "The drinks on the house, thanks for your hard work"
>>
>>25621162
We don't have to put the scroll up just yet. In the meantime, we can make the meal and chat a bit more with the guard.
>>
>>25621174
I wouldn't mind that, ask about the stuff that happens around here.
>>
>>25621183
>>25621174
Free meal and drink for a friendly chat?
>>
>>25621190
Free drink, we don't want to overtly come out as buttering him up. Or have him expect more free meals in the future.
>>
>>25621191
sounds good
>>
"One burger and mead, coming up," you reply with a curt nod.
>You take the scoll into the back, and have yourself a quick look over it. There's not much information on it beyond things you already know - zebra, goes by the name of Zuri, wanted to theft, considered extremely dangerous, five hundred bit reward for information leading to her capture. Well, you're not sure if 'extremely' is the best adjective, but you suspect the scroll may be overselling things a bit.
>You put the scroll away for safe-keeping for now. You consider maybe showing it to Zuri later, or you could hang it out front later like you said you would. Hopefully doing so doesn't lead to somebody actually alerting the guards to Zuri's presence here.
>You deliver Mr Heart's meal yourself, making sure to remark that his drink is on the house for today.
>"Why thank you, Mr Luck. It's always nice to see a little appreciation from the citizenry," he replies, picking up his mug and giving you a polite nod. "With all these 'adventurers' about, causing chaos and trouble, some people completely forget that we're the ones keeping law and order around here."

Input action.
>>
>>25621314
"Well at the very least you know where the chaos is going to be. So anything interesting happen around here the last few days, besides the Zebrah of course?"
>>
>>25621314
Aegis Heart was the one who didn't like adventurers, wasn't he?
He sounds overworked and underappreciated.
Let's give him a compliment ask him about the state of the guard around town.
>>
>>25621346
yeah, I think he just needs to vent. Kinda our duty to be that guy.
>>
>>25621314
We should ask him about the barracks meals and that and tell him about our delivery service. Wouldn't you rather a hearty meal instead of scrap?
>>
>>25621314
Work keeping you busy?
>>
>>25621396
Its probably like the mine, some dive with terrible food and drink to barely keep them fed.
>>
>>25621369
Would be the first time we've done stereotypical Innkeeper stuff.

>>25621396
No harm in spreading the word, but how many guards are in the barracks anyway?
>>
"Well, at least you know where the chaos is going to be," you reply with a quiet chuckle.
>"It's disruptive," the guardpony scoffs. "Thieves and bandits I can deal with - they're just idiotic and misguided ponies with too much time on their hooves and not enough sense in their heads. But monsters from the Everfree? Dragons looming overhead? Bah! This town is going to give me gray whiskers in no time."
>Heart grumbles a bit more to himself, and quickly washes down the resentment with a sip of mead. His mood notably lightens as a result.
>"I remember when being a Royal Guard was a honoured and noble position. You'd be the envy of Canterlot, but now I seem to spend more time watching over backwater mudholes, pulling apart drunken barfights, and making sure ponies pay their taxes."
>You say nothing, just nodding quietly as the pony vents a bit.
"I'm sure the ponies here appreciate all your work...even if they sometimes don't act like it," you remark. "I know a nice, orderly city is much better for my business."
"How's the food in the barracks treating you guys?"
>"Could be better, could be worse," Heart replies. "Food supplies are contracted out through the quartermaster's office every three years. The barrack cook does what he can, but he is cooking for about a hundred ponies day in and day out, so he does his best with what he's got."

Input action.
>>
>>25621489
Discount for guards?
A hundred meals is a tall order fir us right now.
>>
>>25621505
Bulk ordering seems good, we could always help our or provide better meals.
>>
>>25621505
The question is how we handle it, through lunch delivers or just send them our way
>>
>>25621516
Discount if they come in. We don't need to be offering the lunch deliveries willy nilly until we have an idea of the popularity and growth, and prepare for it. We're not at all prepared to handle a massive amount if it bursts in popularity across town.
>>
>>25621529 (me)
Think of using the mine as a beta. We don't want to offer a product until we've worked out the problems and kinks.
>>
>>25621508
>>25621516
Maybe instead we could refer the cook to Oats' farm? Seems like bad supplies are the main problem.
>>
>>25621529
Seems reasonable. "Well perhaps I could give you and your guards a friendly discount as thanks for their services. A good meal is key for maintain the strength and will of those under you"

>>25621539
Sure
>>
>>25621505
As long as we still make a profit I don't see why not.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.