[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (15 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
15 KB, 300x295
Alright, ive gotva question for you fags.
If starlight changed the past so that her defeat never happened, then she never had a reason to research time spells, so she never would have come back from the future in the first place
Am I missing something?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>25584752
Reading too far into it man.
>>
>>25584752
>trying to make sense out of time travel episode
>>
>>25584752
alternate timelines m'kay
the mane 5 in the regular timeline were probably just doing their normal things the whole time
>>
>>25584752
Haber in charge of writing.
>>
>>25584752
Other world theory.

Starlight traveled back in time along the current timeline (let's call it World A).
When she changed history, the timeline shifted to an alternate one where there was a war with King Sombra.
But technically World A still exists, they just can't access it along the current timeline.
Rinse and repeat for all of the timelines and it explains things like why there aren't multiple versions of them all whenever they go back to Cloudsdale; because whenever they travel back in time it's along their current timeline (World X, where X is whatever world they're currently in)

The only way they can go back to World A from World X is by letting the Rainboom happen again.
>>
>>25584752
the spell disconnects the participants from the timeline, making them unaffected by whatever shit they pull in the past.
>>
>trying to make sense out of a time travel fanf- I mean episode

There's your problem.
>>
>>25584903
Makes sense.
But why, then, would each reiteration not be completely different from the direct logical chain created by starlight, due to quantum randomness coupled with chaos theory?
Furthermore, isnt it easier to travel thru 6d space than to modify the past?
>>
>>25584963
Each reiteration was different solely because of the change they made. Twilight said at the end that the changes were more to do with the power of their friendship, not actually their friendship themselves.

The first change, Starlight just stopped the Rainboom.
The second change, Starlight made Fluttershy and the bullies become friends - or at least, more friendly with one another than they were before.
The third change, the fight between Twilight and Starlight caused Rainbow and the bullies to become more friendly with one another.
In one of the timelines, Twilight froze Rainbow Dash - that might really fuck some shit up since that potentially took a whole person out of the friendship equation forever.

And whether or not it's easier to travel 6 dimensional space than change time is another argument entirely. Strictly speaking, changing the timeline to shift to another timeline is traveling 6 dimensionally; it's the only way they can do it - or perhaps the only way they know how to do it.
>>
>>25585143
But each of the changes would result in more than the main villains never being defeated; so much can happen from a drastic change like what was done that the plain conclusions drawn in the show are, at best, unlikely. Why have no new villains, problems, corresponding solutions, and spells been created as a result of all the new randomness that was created from the changes?
>>
>>25585203
Yeah, I won't deny it's not exactly original to just say "hey, all these villains come back!" but it makes sense to a degree. Small changes, big consequences the further unto the future you go etc. Butterfly effect etc.
>>
>>25584752

You're describing the classic grandfather paradox with time travel.

If Starlight changed the past so that she couldn't change the past (like killing my grandfather so I could never be born to kill my grandfather), that's a contradiction, and contradictions cannot exist in reality.

The right way to think about it is that the past only ever contained the sequence of events where future Starlight and future Twilight are there but don't interfere. All instances of Starlight interfering were pre-empted, and the universe goes on as we expect.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.