[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't it always the Nightmare Moon timeline that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1032097.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1032097.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why wasn't it always the Nightmare Moon timeline that they went to? How was Nightmare Moon defeated in the other timelines if the Elemental friends weren't a thing?
>>
>>25582877
This was bothering me too.
Maybe Celestia outfought her?
Also, nice dubs.
>>
>>25582877
I'm going to go on a limb and make the shitty headcanon that Starlight stopped these villains to torture Twilight into seeing more futures.
>>
>>25582877
In a world without the Mane 6, Celestia would still be aware of NMM’s return because of the prophecy (we know she knew, see end of season 1 episode 2). She would defeat Luna herself when she returns, but just barely. This means a slight variation in the conditions of her fight could tip the scales in NMM’s favor. Therefore a butterfly effect (as described by Zecora) could lead to some timelines where NMM wins, and some where she loses and the next big threat either takes over or is barely defeated by Celestia (which is also sensitive to past changes).
>>
>>25582976
Or perhaps the animators didn't think things through entirely and all they wanted was to show the fans alternate universes based on fanfic ideas.

in terms of time travel rules, they pretty much failed. That said, the Sombra universe was probably the closest we ever get to FOE in canon.
>>
>>25582877
Celestia didn't have the elements nub nuts.
>>
>>25583031

Not really, timeline theory means that there are MANY variables, specially now that Celestia never became aware of Twilight so she had to think of other ways to fight her sister than making a nerd learn about friendship.
>>
>>25582976
>>25583031
Actually, there may be some merit to this.

In Sombra's universe it says that even Celestia coudn't fight against Sombra. Luna was nowhere to be found. Maybe Celestia had to imprison Nightmare Moon again?
>>
>>25582877
Celestia has a
>50% chance of beating Nightmare Moon
>50% chance of beating Sombra
>50% chance of beating Discord
>50% chance of beating Chrysalis
>50% chance of beating Tirek

You have countless alternate time lines.
With countless tries for every alternative.
You are bound to get a time line where Celestia beats Luna by herself
>>
File: 45637.png (499 KB, 1242x666) Image search: [Google]
45637.png
499 KB, 1242x666
>>25582877
Woudn't technically Discord rule in every timeline since he is always able to free himself even under NMM rule and he is the strongest villain?
>>
>>25582877
Pretty moon
>>
File: 5.png (153 KB, 304x499) Image search: [Google]
5.png
153 KB, 304x499
>>25583249
Discord is only free in timelines where new mane 6 find the elements. When they transfer from celestia to the new owners the curse on discord weakens. This is why in the nightmare moon time line the elements were not found so discord was still in stone and celestia failed to defeat nightmare moon.

In other time lines the new mane 6 were different and fared better or worse against certain villians.
>>
>>25582877
Don't forget that the villains had to fight each other too. Equestria can only have one ruler after all, and the winner could have been different in every timeline.
>>
>>25583324
Then Discord shouldn't ever rule if the mane 6 never become friends.

>>25583249
The only timeline that should always happen is the one where Tirek rules. He'd just feed on all the big-bad's one by one.
>>
>>25583385
Applejack said that the war with Sombra started when he arrived with no mention of Nightmare Moon, Discord of Chrysalis being around either.
>>
>>25583387
Keyword, New mane 6. In discords time line that mane 6 defeated nightmare moon, but obviously discord beat them with his discording.

That mane 6 might not have written letters about friendship as crazily as twilight so celestia had little to send to remind them. Spike might have died or left or not even been a part of that mane 6 so the letter didn't reach them.
>>
>>25583405
That makes no sense. How would nightmare moon never been freed? Discord I can get. But.... The only thing that would make sense is Celestia killed her while she was imprisoned or someone killed her right after she got free.
>>
>>25583451
It sorta makes sense with Chrysalis and Sombra if that were the case.
Chrysalis:
>Alt mane 6 wouldn't have had anyone close enough to Princess Cadance to notice that she as acting "different" during the Canterlot Wedding.
Sombra:
>Alt mane 6 wouldn't have anyone as a counterpart for Spike to catch the Crystal Heart if they managed to get that far.
>>
>>25583536
>That makes no sense
Yes. That's what I'm saying.
>>
>>25582877
Didn't you listen to Zecoras speech?
>IF you change one little thing, youll fuck shit up

Because it wasn't the same change, different possibilities evolved. Its just that the show portrayed it poorly.
>>
I think it's pretty safe to say that in the other timelines, Celestia re-banished NNM to the moon. She was capable of doing that and I doubt she'd kill her. Without the Mane6 to properly wield the elements to reform Luna, Celestia had no other choice.
>>
>>25583683
I can't help but feel Meghan would have done it better. She has some shit qualities, but writing two-parters is one of her talants.
>>
>>25583709
Because she has room for more story telling. It's like people who can write long stories that are god tier, but when it comes to writing short storiest, its shit.
>>
>>25583709
She was story editor, she could have just overruled all the BS from the episode that Josh wrote.
>>
>>25583756
>2 episodes
>2 episodes

I'm not following you?
>>
It's not immediately obvious that Twilight is travelling to the same point of the past, as you might think. That would give the impression of different timelines.

My impression was that, instead, Twilight was travelling further and further back in time with each jaunt. Instead of heroes defeating each villain, instead each villain was supplanted by the villain that followed.
>>
>>25583709

What the fuck are you talking about every single Meghan two parter was boring as fuck.
>>
>>25584030
>implying Tirek was shit
>implying wedding was shit
>implying Princess Twilight (the season 4 opener) was shit

Crystal Empire was shit.
>>
File: Sasha_grins.jpg (151 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Sasha_grins.jpg
151 KB, 1440x810
>>25583209
>>50% chance of beating Chrysalis
>>50% chance of beating Tirek
Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>25584069

Yes all of those were utter thoughtless shit that put specacle over actualy having good character beats and interaction. How fuck weak are you in standards?
>>
Bumpity
>>
>>25583973
But Twilight didn't travel to the past, she always went back to the alternate presents after she failed to stop Glimmer in past-Cloudsdale
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.