[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh yeah? Well, can you prove God DOESN'T exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
File: image.png (559 KB, 525x670) Image search: [Google]
image.png
559 KB, 525x670
Oh yeah? Well, can you prove God DOESN'T exist?
>>
>>25565004
fedora twilight vs christian sunset green now?
>>
>>25565028
all this time and i never thought of fedora twi.
>>
>>25565004

No. Why are we having this discussion anyway? I'm not an edgy pseudointellectual.
>>
>>25565004
No, but you can't prove the converse either. We're just going to have to grow up and respect each other's opinions, Sunset. Not everything can be proven one way or the other.
>>
>>25565028
If you write it then yes. I enjoy those stories.
>>
>>25565123
I wasn't asking if anyone wanted me to write one, I was asking if a writefag who stumbled upon this thread was willing to write one.
>>
>>25565004
fucking kill your fucking self you fucking cancerous shimmer fucking faggot fuck tard fuck you
>>
>>25565141
You can always become one by writing it.
>>
>>25565028
>>25565123
>>25565141
>>25565175
Really, nobody? Fine.

"Oh yeah?" shouted Sunset, pissed off over Twilight's latest act of fedora-ism. "Well, can you prove that God DOESN'T exist?"

"Easily!" Twilight replied, scoffing dismissively with the self-assuredness of every freshman philosophy major since the beginning of time. "Consider your assertion that God is omnipotent. If this were the case, he should be able to create anything, even things like an immovable object. But if the object is immovable, then there is something your God can't do: move the object! And if he can, then he failed to make an immovable object!"

"Oh, bull fucking shit," said Sunset, crossing her arms. "He makes the object and then lifts it anyways."

"How?" demanded Twilight indignantly, stepping forward to get right up in Sunset's face. "If he turns the immovable object movable then he still cannot lift immovable objects! And if he doesn't and lifts it anyway, then he is violating logic!"

"So he violates logic! It's omnipotence! It doesn't have to have rules!"

"Then you've admitted that your position cannot be expressed through logic and I win!"

"Hey fuck you and your burden of proof logical fallacy!" shouted Sunset, grabbing Twilight by her collar.

"You invited burden of proof by asking me to prove it!" screamed Twilight back, shoving her forehead right up against Sunset's in rage. "So screw you and your tu quoque fallacy!"

They stared at each other in white hot fury for several seconds.

And then they fucked.

The end.
>>
File: 1448577715463.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448577715463.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>25565004
Burden of proof bitch, its not on me to prove god doesn't exist its on you to prove god does exist.
>>
File: 24357.gif (4 MB, 328x191) Image search: [Google]
24357.gif
4 MB, 328x191
>>25565522
ive never had a heated argument end this way.
>>
>>25565544

Maybe everyone would be less mad after arguing if they resolved things through sex
>>
File: 1413465856667.png (197 KB, 589x384) Image search: [Google]
1413465856667.png
197 KB, 589x384
>>25565559
where were you when the solution to world peace was found?
>>
>>25565544
Look, there were three options. They walked away from each other in a huff, they grow up and decide to respect each other's beliefs, or "and then they fucked". Which would you have picked?
>>
>>25565530
the burden of proof lies on the accuser, not the accused.
>>
>>25565656
That is a logical fallacy. Burden of proof lies on nobody. The fact that a person fails to prove X does not mean that X is wrong, and it does not mean that the opposite of X is right. It just means the argument didn't work.

A failed argument can prove nothing on either side.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-27+at+03.39.18).jpg (66 KB, 670x431) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-27+at+03.39.18).jpg
66 KB, 670x431
>>25565004
"There is certainly no evidence that the first thanksgiving dinner was NOT haunted"
>>
>>25565700
This anon gets it. See how stupid the notion of "burden of proof" is?

>You can't prove atheism, therefore religion.
>You can't prove religion, therefore atheism.
The whole exercise is mentally bankrupt on both sides if you aren't even going to hold yourself to basic intellectual rigor.
>>
>>25565559
>peace can be accomplished through sex
That's...THAT'S BRILLIANT!
>>
>>25565004
Yes, I can.

God doesn't exist because you're not real.
>>
>>25565694
>>25565772

The concept of burden of proof is not a fallacy. It merely states that if you assert a specific argument, you must prove it.
If the argument is not proven then you have neither won, nor lost, it simply remains un-determineable.

If you state "god exists" then you need to prove that he exists for your argument to be considered true.
Any one else can choose to defend, refute, or ignore their assertion, but they must prove their argument likewise.
>>
So where did this whole Christian Sunset headcanon come from? It seems like an odd fit to me.
>>
>>25565977
Wacky offshoot spawned from her complete faceturn following the events of EQG1. You know, like born-again Christians are sometimes wont to do in real life?
>>
>>25565004
you exist
>>
>>25565977
It's because she was practically born again at the beginning of Rainbow Rocks.
>>
>>25565946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZGm9GR7ak
>>
>>25565004
Last time I posted in a thread like this I got banned for posting Dead Muslims.

Not falling it for it again.
>>
>>25566060
Haven't seen that in a while, thanks
>>
>>25565004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zopk5af9_yg
>>
>>25565530
burden of proof
phrase of burden
the obligation to prove one's assertion.
>>
>>25566154
Well, the Muslims had it coming i'm sure.
>>
>>25565004
Why does evil exist?
>To test us.
God is omnipotent. That means he is all knowing. If he is all knowing, then he knows what will happen, when, how, why, and so on. Therefore he knows exactly how we will react to each of his tests. He knows exactly where we will end up when we die. There is no point in testing us if he already knows the answer, so evil is pointless.
>It exists because of Satan.
If God were all knowing, then he would know Lucifer would betray him. He would know the consequences of creating him and how evil would hurt man kind. If God was all loving and all good and did not create evil to test us, then he would not curse man with evil because it would only exist to hurt his precious creation.
>It exists because of free will.
Everything that happens happens according to God's plan, which is ultimately good. Therefore you murdering somebody is according to his plan, and since his plan is ultimately good, your murder was good. If your murder was good, then it was not evil. That brings into question what even is evil? More than that, back to being apart of his plan, your murder was not your choice. Again, if everything that happens happens according to his plan, then it wasn't your choice to kill. You were a puppet. If you truly could act of your own accord, there is a possibility you would act against his plan, and that would imply he is not all powerful and perfect because there was a flaw in his plan.

Could God have created the universe and man and still gone along with his plan even with the absence of evil?
>Yes.
Then he is not all good because if he could move on with his plan without hurting man, he would.
>No.
Then he is not all powerful, because he lacks the ability to do any of this without the existence of evil.

There's so many other things I could pick apart that it really comes down to either God is evil, not all power, not all knowing or God does not exist. I'm inclined to think the latter.
>>
File: image.png (561 KB, 1280x714) Image search: [Google]
image.png
561 KB, 1280x714
You know how I know there's a God?

Because this thread didn't devolve into endless shitposting
>>
>>25565004
Yes actually.

In the real world you don't exist, and we instead have diseases like Cancer and Alzheimer's. Why would a God whi claims to be loving invent shit like that instesd of population the world with good things like sapient pastel ponies?
>>
File: 1447886659797.jpg (38 KB, 444x322) Image search: [Google]
1447886659797.jpg
38 KB, 444x322
>>25567574
That's funny because it totally did.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.