[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do the Appleniggers of this board think of the episode,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
So what do the Appleniggers of this board think of the episode, was it a good AJ episode or not?
>>
File: lol at you.jpg (19 KB, 345x304) Image search: [Google]
lol at you.jpg
19 KB, 345x304
>mfw Applejack was a background character in her own episode
>>
She was in the episode? I barely noticed.

This was one of the most boring pieces of shit this show has put out, I almost wish it were bad so that there were anything to say about it.
>>
>>25525171
I thought it was bad, rushed through, flat characters, and a song that they shoehorned in at the end,
>but muh feels
No, there is nothing to be feelsy about, some random character out of nowhere just makes a song and where expected to feel like she did hard in her life, no she had money and fame from the get go, literally like Hannah Montana doing a feelsy song about her past and growing up
>>
File: 39883987.png (620 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
39883987.png
620 KB, 1280x720
>>25525184
>>25525192
Oh boy here go. Just admit Applehorse has no flaws instead of forcing one on her.

>>25525171
AJ now has a music fill episode and had more a her past filled in with her childhood friend so it's all good. Also AB's age in the timeline might have been hinted at.
>>
>>25525204
I feel quite the opposite in how I liked it. It wasn't the feels but mostly the way the episode played out. It felt comfortably nice and neatly put despite some flaws. I didn't expect it to be anything special, but it was a good episode for me.
>>
>>25525242
The manger was a flaw to the writing but by the name he was given AKR intended it that way.

The story's strength felt more in AJ reconnecting with Rara and seeing that she had both changed and not so. Her reaction to it was kinda priceless.
>>
File: 1408603705842.png (106 KB, 782x823) Image search: [Google]
1408603705842.png
106 KB, 782x823
>>25525171
Best episode of the season.
>>
File: niggermancy.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
niggermancy.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>25525171
Not an applenignog, but I didn't feel. The conflict was boring. My feet hurt. The song was OK. Even the waifu was as generic as AJ.

Lorefags might get something out of this for two seconds, but waifufags and SoLfags won't get shit.
>>
>>25525241
>Oh boy here go. Just admit Applehorse has no flaws instead of forcing one on her.

canĀ“t develop flaws, if you never do anything intressting.
>>
File: 500px-Little_miss_stubborn[1].jpg (25 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
500px-Little_miss_stubborn[1].jpg
25 KB, 500x456
>>25525241
She has flaws thou'.

She's stubborn, which people say is one noted and boring but it's not. She's stubborn about her traditions. She's stubborn about her family. She's stubborn about fairness. She's stubborn about honesty. She's stubborn about not letting anyone down. She's always there to help but is the last mare to ask for help herself. Applejack simply has one major flaw that vividly flows into so many other scenarios.
>>
>>25525171
Applejack is like Spike. Her best episodes don't focus on her.
>>
>>25525450
Then why are these never used?
>>
>>25525895
DYEWTS?
>>
as an applefaggot I quite enjoyed it.
>>
>>25525898
Well why are these never expanded upon? Why do people always say her character was done with development in her first episode?
>>
>>25525912
All of the ones I listed were used in the previous episodes, even the bad ones. Like, she was stubbornly trying to make the Apple Reunion fun by the book, as well as stubbornly trying to show the Pie family how to "properly" celebrate Heartswarming. Just as Fluttershy is taking baby steps in being assertive, so is Applejack slowly growing out of her "traditionalism" shell. I'm unsure of what you imply by expanding upon.
>>
>>25525925
Anons always say it's the same theme and rote when an AJ episode airs, blah blah stubborn blah blah apples blah blah family and so on.

She doesn't seem to branch out from that
>>
>>25525171
It was probably my favourite of the season, even though I don't like AJ's persona very much. Ra-Ra was absolutely magnificent, though. THE EYEBROWS and her smile and giving heart really made the episode for me.

The EDM pop was a-okay but the piano piece at the end was gorgeous. 10/10 would watch again
>>
The only good thing about this episode was the razzle dazzle song. The second song was ok
>>
>>25525930
You do realize you can apply that to every character? Not that I'm trying to make people like Applejack, if those stories and conflicts are not your piece of pie that's okay. But as I mentioned, her stubbornes can and has been applied to variety of scenarios.
>>
AJ is closer to a Sue than Twilight. Even when she's wrong she's doing stuff for unselfish reasons. She's just a goody four horseshoes.
>>
>>25525171
Ipplejick is a lesbian
>>
>>25526027
>goody four horseshoes.
Leel.

I didn't like the new ep too much because the "lesson" in this ep was the same crap I've seen in other eps.

It's the recycled:
"Why r u listenin 2 that guy who I, ur friend, clearly see is the bad goy?"
"Ur just jealus. Stfu. U arnt my friend n e mor."
"No, look, he really is bad!"
"Omg ur rite. I shoulda listen 2 u. You rly r my frien."

Sick of it.
Sick of that friend proving difficult to get on your side because you care for them, because it's been a recycled morality lesson for a long time now.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.