[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did pony technology become futuristic? What happened to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
When did pony technology become futuristic?
What happened to steam power with small amounts of magic powered electricity?
>>
>>25501625
Just like our own world, technology advances over the years. Just seems like their tech advances at a faster rate than our ever could.

Expect Poni to try to into spess within the next 1-3 years.
>>
The Flintstones had telephones.
>>
File: Best.jpg (189 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
189 KB, 960x540
>>25501625
Stop expecting the writers to be good at their job.

They are BAD writers...that's why Hasbro/DHX hired them...because they work cheap.
>>
File: overkill.png (869 KB, 965x419) Image search: [Google]
overkill.png
869 KB, 965x419
>>25501625
And rotary telephones?
>>
>>25501625
It still is. This is just an approximation of what actually happened.

That's why fanfictions get it more correct than 99% of actual episode writing. Because we actually love what we do and we actually are talented enough to do it right.
>>
>>25501711
>This is just an approximation of what actually happened.

Hold the fuck up
Are you suggesting that the episodes are just artistic interpretations of events that happen in the real equestria?
>>
>>25501625
Wasn't Vinyl Scrath doing her modern-ish DJ thing in season 1?
>>
>>25501719
>artistic
more like autistic
>>
>>25501625
I've always seen Equestria's technology as being effected by the region or so.

e.g. Ponyville and Canterlot are more humble and traditional and don't use as much. Where as Manehatten seems to use a lot of technology. But as in episodes like this the technology can be made and used in different parts of Equestria, ponies just choose not to use them.

Just a regional thing I guess. At least in my headcanon.
>>
>>25501697
>>25501711
lmao at your autism senpaitachi
>>
>>25501734
Whoa, f-a-m-s is filtered to senpaitachi. I did not know that.
>>
File: 1448071827666.gif (188 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1448071827666.gif
188 KB, 550x400
>>25501625
It's always been inconsistent ever since S1. I mean throughout we've seen electric devices, DJ Pon3, giant monitors, even telephones during the visit in Mannhattan.

It just so happens that poniville and canterlot seems technologically impaired
>>
File: 1446111163027.jpg (18 KB, 480x314) Image search: [Google]
1446111163027.jpg
18 KB, 480x314
>>25501697
>>
Equestria has always been anachronistic. You got wild west towns functioning next to medieval castles. Little girls don't give a shit about the technological consistency of this world. They want to believe in a world where you can visit the big city and a medieval castle in the same day. And at the end of the day, that is who this world was designed for. Little girls.
>>
>>25501746
Holy shit how fucking autistic are you
>>
>>25501989
Hi Jesse.
>>
>>25501625
pinkie pie had stereo radio player in season1 and 2 oce for her workout session, and another time for gummy's party.

also, there was cinema in season 2
>>
>>25501723
Yes, that and several other strange inconsistencies with the technology that meant Equestria never really followed a specific timeline even under Lauren, but everyone waves those off when she did it but bitches when anyone else does it.

Remember Ponyville is basically a backwater hick town, the lack of technology isn't all that surprising.
>>
>>25501625
the humans that led to the extinction
>>
Hydroelectric dam in Mare Do Well
>>
>>25501723
>mix tables
>modern
those have been around since the fucking 80s
>>
>>25501625
I have to say the big-ass beats Vinyl wore threw me off, even if they were magic.

I wanted a pair so bad I got one.
>>
>>25502257
Fancy lights, pyrotechnics, ext... were also around since the 80's nigga
>>
>>25501625
The ponies live on a post apocalyptic world. They uncover lost human tech and incorporate it into their lives. Most of the time they don't know how the things work so they wing it.

Tl;dr
Magic
>>
>>25502302
colorful explosions where around at last for a millenia, they where discovered on china
>>
>>25501734
>>25501805
What's the matter faggots, he got too close to the truth for you?
>>
>>25501625
Remember when they still used fireflies for night lamps?
And their tables and chairs were made out of mushrooms, hay and cutesy fantasy stuff?
Not that ugly sci fi and steampunk shit.
>>
>>25502257
>1980s
>not modern
>>
>>25501625
If you'd read the comics, you'd know Celestia and Starswirl brought inventions from other dimensions.
>>
>>25501625
It's easier to just use human technology and human poses - requires less actual thinking. Doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense, now that Lauren isn't around to keep everyone in line.

At least there was that pedal-powered apple peeler this time. It's been a while since we've gotten anything like that.
>>
>>25503272
>not less actual thinking.
most of the human things you see in the show are for easier interpretation of things

even if it has an adult audience, the show is still something for kids, so they need to understand what they are watching.

and these things have been done since the beginning, because its rule of thumb to get your audience to know whats happening
>>
>>25501746
Nigger
>>
>>25501625
It's like a sith meditation pod!
>>
>>25501625
Panels on hinges and lights, oooh so modern.

Fuck you.
>>
>>25501989
Why is the Mushroom Kingdom the same way?
>>
>>25501625
Same thing we get with shit like WoW were one race has fucking steam power and firearms and the other is just dicking around in the mud.
Due to constant ecological and sociological upheaval, everyone has different technological levels.
>>
>>25506525
Super Mario Bros. is for little girls.
>>
Most technologically advanced thing I have ever seen.
>>
It's a cartoon
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.