[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does anyone else think the second half of Season 5 has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 231412431241234.png (414 KB, 640x414) Image search: [Google]
231412431241234.png
414 KB, 640x414
So does anyone else think the second half of Season 5 has been really meh compared to the first half

I mean there were plenty of decent episodes in the first half, and though some of them were... "Controversial" they were at least memorable. The second half of S5 after the hiatus though, with the exception of a handful of episodes, has been really forgettable and pretty boring imo.
>>
>>25490772

Month of Rarity was good, only the Manehattan one was debatably average.CMC getting their cutie marks was good.
>>
>>25490865
Apart from the cutie marks themselves.

I pretty much agree OP, the later episodes have been lackluster. Not... boring, but maybe forgettable.
>>
>>25490772
Yeah, most of it was mediocre or bad.
>>
>>25490772
It has had a higher concentration of weak episodes. The great ones are still great, but I miss the consistency of the season's first half. Here's hoping for an improvement on Saturday.
>>
>>25490772
I think S5 is pretty good, making average episodes seem meh and very lackluster compared to the rest that was great. And like >>25490865 says, but I also seem to have a weakness for last week's episode. Can't help enjoy watching Flutters and Twilot being cute.
>>
It's been a step down from the first half of the season but it's still bretty gud. Still better than S4 by a fair bit.
>>
>>25490865
Pretty much this. These last few episodes have been really meh though
>>
I don't know, I loved Canterlot Boutique, Brotherhooves, Hearthbreakers and Crusaders of The Lost Mark, and that's only post hiatus so for me personally this season has been good

> with the exception of a handful of episodes, has been really forgettable and pretty boring imo.

Isn't that how it always is though? Every season only has like a few episodes I truly LOVE, a couple others I find entertaining, and then some I just don't care about and probably only ever watch once either because it has characters who aren't my personal favorites, a story I don't care for, whatever the case may be....I can't say any season has been 100% episodes I favor
>>
Second half didn't have Princess Spike. Automatically better. It's sad that one episode brings down the average of the season so much.
>>
>>25490772
Larson was story editor on first half, McCarty on second half. Coincidence?
>>
File: meg.jpg (74 KB, 464x594) Image search: [Google]
meg.jpg
74 KB, 464x594
>>25491919
If I knew you IRL I would literally beat you up for talking shit about Meg
>>
>>25491949
I ain't talking shit you autist, I'm stating a fact and asking a question. do you even read english?
>>
>>25491961
My fist in your face. Coincidence?
Thought so, pecker sucker
>>
File: Animated autism.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Animated autism.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>25491949
>>
>>25491991
Fuck you batty boy I'll kick your butt too
>>
>>25490772
In my opinion, both halves have been great. I agree that the second half has had more "simple" episodes, i.e. with not too much going on, but they still were pretty good due to well-handled characters and/or well done character development. Also Princess Spike is still the only below-average episode in my opinion, so the second half hasn't had that.

However if I were to look at all the ratings I have given episodes, I would probably indeed come out a bit lower on average for the second half, because while it was still great, it didn't have as many very high points like Amending Fences and Lost Treasure of Griffonstone, and the two-parter hasn't aired yet. If the finale is as great as the premiere (and tomorrow's episode is good), I wouldn't be surprised if both halves even out at about the same level (probably ~7.7/10 or something like that).
>>
>>25492074
But you gotta admit, no matter how hard they try, it'll never be as good as season 2 again. Show is way past its prime, they're just milking it.
>>
>>25492074
>like Amending Fences and Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

See, it's all subjective...to me those episodes were much more underwhelming than Hearthbreakers or Crusaders.
>>25492485
Not that guy, but nobody has to admit that. S4 has more episodes in numbers than S2 I love desu. S4 made Rainbow Dash enjoyable for the first time in the series, that meant a lot to me considering I loathed her prior to it.
>>
>>25492485
S5 so far>S4~S2>S1>S3 in my opinion.

So no, I consider S5 so far to be better than S2. Mostly because of the consistent at-least-decent quality (except Princess Spike) and the absolutely amazing high points (I'd place Amending Fences higher than Return of Harmony, and The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone still places higher than most episodes, although it's hard to compare adventure to slice-of-life). Looking at S2's episode list, it's a close call, but overall I like S5 better so far. S2's mediocre episodes are more mediocre, and it has more low points. I could go on doing comparisons, but I'll give you that my more final opinion will arrive with the post-season episode rate thread.

>>25492532
>to me those episodes were much more underwhelming than Hearthbreakers or Crusaders
I liked Hearthbreakers a lot too, but better than Amending Fences? I'll give you Crusaders of the Lost Mark, that was great too even if I place it lower than Amending Fences, but why do you consider AF more, even much more underwhelming than Hearthbreakers? In my opinion, it touched very realistic issues and topics with the concept of more loose friends in Twi's Canterlot friends, as well as Moondancer's entire characterization with the gradual opening that gets destroyed by one seemingly not so important event and leads her to become a shut-in.
Hearthbreakers did the topic of different habits and adapting to that pretty well and I do rank it fairly high, but I'd really like to know why you prefer it over Amending Fences.
>>
>>25490772
Kind of agree. But still S5 has been a great Season.
>>
>>25492532
>Rainbow Dash
It also made the CMC a lot more likable and relateable, too, in my opinion. I went from not caring at all about Apple Bloom to having her be my favorite character. It only seems like characters are being written with less care if you only care about Twilight.
>>
File: Twigasm.gif (680 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Twigasm.gif
680 KB, 800x450
I LOVE EVERYTHING
>>
>>25492687
>It only seems like characters are being written with less care if you only care about Twilight
I felt that was an issue in S4 due to her not having any episodes outside of two-parters, which didn't allow for good character development. However I think the handling of Twilight has drastically increased in S5 with the return of "normal" episodes focused on her.
>>
>>25492687
>>25492707
I meant to write "improved" instead of "increased".
>me
>>
>>25492668
Are you just going to ignore everything wrong with AF and all the other shit to claim that they didn't suck? Because they sucked.
>>
>>25492814
>everything wrong with AF and all the other shit
Go on, I'm listening.
>>
>>25490772
is it any coincidence that mehgan is in charge os s5 pt2 while Larson was in charge of s5 pt1?
>>
>>25492668
> but why do you consider AF more, even much more underwhelming than Hearthbreakers?
Well, the truth is really that I love Pinkie Pie the best, and I also love Applejack, and I loved Pinkie Apple Pie so seeing a Pie family and Apple family EXTRAVAGANZA was pretty awesome to me, also seeing the rest of the Pie family was awesome since Maud Pie was one of my favorite episodes last season so it really tied everything together. Amending Fences was a good episode but due to favoritism it didn't hit the same spots for me even though I like it.
>>
File: 15.png (677 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
15.png
677 KB, 1280x720
>>25490772

Both halves have their low points, with very few highs, as far as I'm concerned. Meghan's half had Crusaders of the Lost Mark and Hearthbreakers, though, which are the strongest episodes of the season. On the other hand, she's also got Party Pooped, Princess Spike and that atrocious Pinkie Pie episode whose title alludes me, and What About Discord, whereas Larson's half only has Slice of Life and a few drab episodes.
>>
>>25493087
>not liking both cutie map episodes, make new friends but keep discord, or the luna one
>>
>>25491949
Go to hell, Meghan McCarthy!
>>
File: 1417809933561.jpg (62 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
1417809933561.jpg
62 KB, 500x403
>>25493359

>liking the taste of shit
>>
>>25491904
I found The Hooffields and Mccolts to be a pretty big point against the second half of the season- but I think I'm in the minority on that one. Still, both halves of S5 contain a ton of good episodes along with the bad.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.