[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Rarity so well liked around here? Her personality seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15
File: rarity.png (285 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
rarity.png
285 KB, 1600x1600
Why is Rarity so well liked around here?

Her personality seems like the opposite of what would appeal to the majority of people here. Is she only your Waifu because of her looks?
>>
>>25447392
What else is there to redeem her?
>>
>>25447392
How in the hell do you have any justification for your opinion on "the majority of people here"? You don't know us, and I don't know any of you. How do you know whether or not her personality is appealing to us when you have no way of knowing who we are?

Dumbass.
>>
>>25447392
Nice try, Rarishitter. Only faggots like her.
>>
File: give me a handjob skooks.jpg (6 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
give me a handjob skooks.jpg
6 KB, 239x211
>>25447392
>opposite of what would appeal to the majority of people here.
What would that be?
>>
>>25447410
Because it's /mlp/ you neckbeard autist.
>>
>>25447430
Yeah, and everyone on /pol/ is a Nazi or a Jew, right?
>>
File: e0e[1].png (255 KB, 680x774) Image search: [Google]
e0e[1].png
255 KB, 680x774
>>25447392
Because despite being a lady, she puts out on the first date.
>>
>>25447425
what the hell are you trying to say
>>
>>25447392
But to answer your question, people on /mlp/ like Rarity because she is what people on /mlp/ will never be.

Creative.
>>
People like rarity?
>>
>>25447462
>she is what people on /mlp/ will never be.

Not gonna lie
At this point I was thinking a pretty mare.
>>
Rarity is second only to Pinkie in being hated by /mlp/.
>>
>>25447498
no, spike is the most hated by /mlp/
>>
>>25447410
The "majority of people here" comment was written under the guise of giving you the benefit of the doubt by implying that you have better taste and wouldn't find a superficial, manipulative, and materialistic pony so appealing.

New question, though, why the fuck do you get so triggered over a fucking pony thread with a question that wasn't even offensive?
>>
>>25447518
Because he's a rarity fag
>>
File: 1370434820596.png (227 KB, 1417x885) Image search: [Google]
1370434820596.png
227 KB, 1417x885
>>25447518
>superficial, manipulative, and materialistic
That those are the only traits you bother to notice says more about you than it does about Rarity, to be honest, family. Shaking my head.

>triggered
Hardly. Just calling out bullshit. Bullshit is my "trigger".
>>
>>25447462
>implying that Edge Anon Rapesa Poni MMMMCMXI is not the highest form of art
>implying there's anything repitive and tedious about every thread turning into some generic greentext where ponies throw themselves at anon's dick for no apparent reason

You're right.
>>
She's a high-aiming, highly talented, precision-work-by-hand, business owner. With dark secrets that she cannot let anyone know. Nothing bad, mind you, just **She loves being covered with mud** deeply embarrassing and totally at odds with the my-act-is-together front she shows the world.
Add it up and she is Anon.
>>
>>25447410
This. From my point of view, Rarity is really hated on /mlp/. From others points of view, perhaps that's Fluttershy. There is no definite view. So why give a fuck?
>>
>>25447682
>>25447592

These are two of the truest posts I've ever seen here, and I'm not even a rarifag.
>>
>>25447732
Rarity "hate" is just fucking with her fans. All the "fluttershit" spewing is genuine.
>>
>>25447732
Every single mane 6 is hated here. This place is ground zero of internet autism.

>Applejack is boring
>Pinkie Pie is annoying
>Fluttershy never learns anything
>Rainbow Dash is a cunt
>Rarity is a self-absorbed whore
>Twilight is a Mary-Sue

Some of the above are more true than others, but overall I personally love all of the mane 6.
>>
>>25447498

Fluttershy gets more hate, along with "Top Cunt".
>>
>>25447410

Every single strawpoll iv seen in the last year has placed Rainbow, Twilight and Rarity as the top 3 for this site, order varies but that's been consistent regardless of it's one with a sample of 150 or one with a sample of 500+.

Rarity and Rainbow are ALSO two of the ponies with the largest hate base here though, with the other being Fluttershy.
>>
>>25448263
>with the largest hate base here thoug
I think the issue here is there is a difference between "largest" and "most vocal" and on an Chinese Cooking anonymous imageboard, it's hard to tell the difference.
>>
>>25447952
>Pinkie Pie is annoying
>Rainbow Dash is a cunt

These two are the only true ones.
>>
Well speaking for myself, as someone who doesn't really relate to Rarity and has typically disliked characters like her in the past it's simple.

I think she's the most consistently well written character on the show, her episodes have always on average out paced everyone elses. She's funny, she's by far the most well voice acted and her singing voice is great.

And I really enjoy how they take a bunch of the typical tropes of the fashionista Archetype and turn them on their head with her. She's plays others straight of course but usually her type of character is ether the antagonist or that character who is a friend but is still totally mean. Aside from her moments of weakness Rarity is kind, empathetic and compassionate and deeply generous. Her immense dedication to advancing herself is a very positive trait too.
>>
>>25448304
Applejack is boring.
>>
>>25448300

Yeah maybe, I do get the feeling like

>>25447951

That the shitting on Fluttershy tends to be of a more serious nature. with Rarity and Rainbow it tends to be just people going to their threads and trying to troll people.
>>
>>25448304
No they're not. Cut off your toes.
>>
>I know someone who literally autistically hates Rarity.
>When I finally noticed he owns Rainbow Dash plushies, I tell him why the hell does he even skip Rarity episodes, if Rainbow Dash gets garbage episodes like: Wonderbolts Academy, Tanks for the Memories, and the Mysterious Mare Do Well.
>Ignores me

I think hating any of the Mane 6 is pretty short-sighted.
>>
>>25448399
Tanks for the memories was a cute episode, pal.
>>
>>25448341
I can't tell, is that supposed to be an insult?
>>
>>25448426

The point is, that I don't think anyone should skip episodes, if they think they're a fan of the show.
>>
>>25447462
I was going to say "generous" but I think that applies as well
>>
>>25448399

Yeah I really have never gotten why a lot of RD fans hate Rarity so much, they'll overlook Rainbows flaws but just pile on Rarity's for her. Worst part is back in the day it felt like the fandom at large basically did this too.

And yeah Rarity's episodes on average are far above Rainbows. Id take what I see as Rartiy's worst (Simple Ways) over a good half of Rainbow episodes. Granted the other half is really quite good.
>>
They all have their flaws, and at times, all of them annoy me.

That's why I don't have a single favorite.

But I do have the least interest in Fluttershy, just because she bores me. But AJ is starting to become boring too.
>>
>>25447462
It's actually the talent/creativity along with being a standarful, well respecred, well-groomed fashionista with taste that makes /mlp/ like her.

We, unwashed autistic neckbeards with abismally poor social skills will never know what's it like to feel like a social overlord who is always confident and people expect quality art and mannerisms out of them.

I can't remember the last time my parents were proud or happy for me.
>>
>>25447952

I understand the "self-centered" complaints but Iv never gotten the "whore" ones. She's only shown attraction to two stallions in the entire series.
>>
>>25448773
She frequently uses her charm to get what she wants.
>>
>>25449028

That's not really being a whore though, that's being manipulative. totally different things.
>>
>>25449113
I can't believe you Rarifags still wonder why people hate you.
>>
>>25449113
Yeah, but people will call it "whorish" because you're using your body to get what you want.
>>
Even Spike only likes her for her looks. She didn't even have to speak to him and he fell for her.
>>
File: 1437958279054.jpg (364 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
1437958279054.jpg
364 KB, 1024x1448
>>25449359
magical sexy hose is sexy
>>
>>25449113
It's whorish because a girl treated me that way in high school >:(
>>
>>25447392
Rarity USED to be well liked around here c.2012
>>
She's a beautiful and gorgeous mare. And she's the nicest gal I've ever met
>>
File: 1405635247357.gif (1 MB, 1050x650) Image search: [Google]
1405635247357.gif
1 MB, 1050x650
>>25447392
>Her personality seems like the opposite of what would appeal to the majority of people here

thats what exactly I love about her
She is the sexy bitch I will never have
>>
>>25447462
>Creative
You mean hygienic, attractive, in shape, well dressed, is liked by others, owns her own house, has a career she loves, ext...
>>
>>25450158
You've never met her though
>>
File: 130999174695.jpg (34 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
130999174695.jpg
34 KB, 600x457
>>25450277
and he never will
>>
>>25447392
Rarity is high-maintenance and a bit of a social climber but she's also generous, compassionate, and understanding of the fact that not everybody values the exact same things that she does.

Rainbow Dash is ego-driven but her confidence in herself is matched by her confidence in her friends.

Applejack is "boring" simply because she's emotionally stable and has already achieved her modest ambitions. Her biggest flaw is that sometimes she's too driven by her need to give of herself and gets carried away.

Fluttershy lets other ponies walk all over her, and if you've ever known a person like that you know it can be like pulling teeth just to figure out what it is that they actually want. A conversation about what pizza toppings to get takes twenty minutes. But that's just irritating to personally deal with, it doesn't make her a bad pony.

Pinkie Pie can be annoying but only because she genuinely wants to make everybody around her happy. And her personality is far more grating to viewers than other ponies in her own universe anyway.

Twilight is... well its hard to say what Twilight is. It's ironic, ever since she became the true "main character" (not that she wasn't always the center, but her alicornization made that distinction more profound) she doesn't seem to get much focus on as an individual (I don't think the writers know what to do with her). Still, in those rare moments where we get to see actual insight to her character, we do see those same anxieties that have plagued her since season 1. But she's a leader now, so she feels the need to be strong for others.

I swear people hate these characters more for their fanon portrayals than they do for their behavior in the actual show.

Each of these characters has their own desires and flaws, but at the core of them is the essential need to be accepted and loved by other people/ponies. That's a pretty common motivation for anyone, other than sociopaths I guess. I can't understand hating any of them.
>>
>>25450940
>I swear people hate these characters more for their fanon portrayals than they do for their behavior in the actual show.

Not sure about the others, but definitely true for Rarity and Dash. It's like people are projecting these personalities onto them, identifying them with maybe a snobby bitch who turned them down for the prom or a jockish bully who picked on them. Rarity doesn't think she's better than everybody else, its just that she likes different (more "refined") things than a lot of other ponies, and she has high aspirations. Dash doesn't brag about her skills to make other ponies look bad, she does it because she's confident and she's worked hard for what she's achieved.

That's true of both of them, actually. Their big crimes are being ambitious and confident. But that doesn't come at the expense of others.
>>
File: char_14437[1].jpg (20 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_14437[1].jpg
20 KB, 210x240
>>25447427
A 2,000 million year old ice cube
>>
But the majority likes Rainbow Dash.
>>
>>25451330

I think the majority has at least some like for all of the characters really.
>>
>>25449337
>you

It's often for others
>>
>>25449200
I don't see much Rarifag hate either, seems to be as bad as all the other (pony)fags.
>>
>>25451180

Yeah, I see that with Rarity more than ANYONE, losers basically going "O she reminds me of this girl who rejected me in High School" and basically hating a character that really only exist in their heads because it's really even remotely like Rarity's characterization.
>>
>>25447410
Calm down, anon.
>>
>>25447392
>because of her looks?
They all have their own style elements, which are unique from one-another, but still when I read this I just couldn't take it seriously.

They don't all look the same, but for fuck's sake anon, they all look the same.
>>
>>25450252
Ha ha! It's funny because I am literally NONE of those things!

is not actual funni
is actual sad
>>
File: marshmalow.png (154 KB, 476x480) Image search: [Google]
marshmalow.png
154 KB, 476x480
Rarity
>>
File: 1392964206931.jpg (39 KB, 296x213) Image search: [Google]
1392964206931.jpg
39 KB, 296x213
>>25453256
>>
File: Rari.png (543 KB, 839x748) Image search: [Google]
Rari.png
543 KB, 839x748
>>25447392
Rarity is pretty entertaining as a character as she's comedically overdramatic at times and she's so posh and cute in her own way.

As far as liking her beyond that of a cartoon character, it's probably because she's also hot and a very friendly person. She cares about her friends and helps them out when she can. She's cool.
>>
File: tumblr_n8swcn5zfm1r9g4gho1_400.jpg (9 KB, 342x344) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8swcn5zfm1r9g4gho1_400.jpg
9 KB, 342x344
>>25451255

NICE DUBS

NOW WATCH ME SWOOCE RIGHT IN
>>
>>25447392

Rarity has really good episodes, that helps.
>>
>>25447392
because she is fun and adorable.
>>
>>25447392
She's de-facto the best character on the show.
The other you can like more because of their personality but simply taken as an "actor/actress", Rarity takes the cake with most meaningful character development, non-cliché behaviour, high quality jokes and songs, et cetera.
>>
Why wouldn't she be? What do you expect /mlp/ to love Fluttershy instead or something?
>>
>>25448325
This brightens my day, thank you.
>>
Ok seriously Lets settle this once and for all!

http://strawpoll.me/6021417
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.