[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a weird question, and I have to ask you, /mlp/, because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: cry.png (686 KB, 1280x828) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
686 KB, 1280x828
This is a weird question, and I have to ask you, /mlp/, because this is my home board and it's partially related to pony. How many of you are on the autistic spectrum? Does or has the show helped you with it?

I ask because I used have a genuine but irrational dislike for the autistic and hated dealing with them, but knew that it was stupid and worked through it. Now I realize that a lot of the insults and shit thrown online are really linked back to a violent hatred of the autistic by many people. It was eyeopening for me.

How do you do it? Has pony helped?
>>
>>25446910
I probably have asperger.
Probably.
But i didn't find anything that could help me know if i am or not
>>
>>25446910
everyone who goes to 4chan regularly has autism.
>>
>>25446910
Google "wired brony Luke Allen".

I feel my symptoms of autism have decreased 90% since I first started watching, and I credit the show with 75% of that improvement.
>>
>>25446910
It kind of pushed me to give less fucks. People knew I liked pony, so the only way to keep from being bullied was own it and not spill spaghetti whenever someone brought it up
>>
>>25446910
I was never tested for autism because I am able to act pretty normal among the normal humans, but I think I'm not really right in the head.

I know two people who legitimately have autism. One always sounds like he's angry when he's talking, and the other has a fetish for public transport buses, especially the ones made in 80's and 90's. He also has a retarded looking face, but is really a fun guy if you talk to him for a while. Both of them can function on their own in their life perfectly alright, so their autism doesn't limit them at all.
>>
>>25446910
I am on the spectrum, and I don't even watch the show. I just dick around in the threads and be a general dipshit. Worth it for the few times I've gotten a "kek" out of people, even if it was at my expense. After all, what is comedy without suffering?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (24 KB, 613x331) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
24 KB, 613x331
>>25447114
>>25447114
This.

Get a life fucking retards. /mlp/ is not "home." Go do something else to find entertainment if ever that's the reason you go here.
>>
>>25446910
I'm not autistic. I've had several test done, be they shitty online quizzes, when my mother was finishing her psychology class for nursing, or independent tests done after I had a brain-bleed concussion.

This show, or more accurately, it's fandom hasn't served me any purpose in clearing up any dislike I have for those "suffering" from autism. All it has done is show me what unbridled children become as adults.

I don't like them. Every SINGLE retard I knew growing up followed the same formula:

labeled autistic

family overreacts

coddles the fuck out of them (I would know coming from a home-schooled background)

they go nowhere in social development because they were fed the special snowflake philosophy

massive sperg about their obsessions as a result

The only people I can accept are the ones who tell me years later that they were diagnosed. after we've already been friends for years. They keep it quiet, they don't try to get special treatment for their own failures.
>>
>>25447503
BUT IM SPESHUL
>>
>>25447503
My parents knew something was up with me when I was young. They're response was
>we need to get this kid socializing before he becomes that wackjob we hear about in the news
>>
>>25446910
I remember being like.. A lot more autistic than I am now when I was younger.
Acting like a dumbo and being the goofy kid and making jokes at my own expense because I thought it was fun. My friends thought I was fun as well.
But my friends enjoying my hijinks doesnt change that I was pretty much pretending to be retarded every day of my life.
It actually helps seriously considering if you are actually autistic, cause it makes you aware of your own idiotic flaws that you could easily be rid of if you tried.
I've taken the quizzes and I'm not in the autismo spectrum, I was just being dumb.

Though shit like social anxieties and depression is hard to overcome just because you decide to.
>>
>>25446910
i have assburgers too, i dislike most other aspies though. the useless retard ones mainly.
>>
>>25446910
I'm diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, though not a severe case. Admittedly, my life hasn't been the most productive one so far. I'm working on it, though, and I think going on /mlp/ has actually helped me become more willing to do things for myself.
>>
>>25447630
I respect that. Your parents knew how to properly handle the situation.
>>
If I do have any kind of autism, it's the least of my problems.
>>
File: 1446377487407.png (70 KB, 276x313) Image search: [Google]
1446377487407.png
70 KB, 276x313
>>25446910
I know one girl IRL who doesn't like MLP but likes anime instead. If her parents didn't tell me that she has autism I would still be thinking that she's just a shy qt3.14.
>mfw people on /mlp/ think they're autistic when in reality they're just social anxious or introverted
>mfw autism became the new ADHD
>mfw it's literally a meme disease at this point
>>
>>25447874
Autism actually runs in my dad's side of the family.
>>
>>25447874
I can count the number of women I know that are on the spectrum I've met my entire life on one hand. It's a male problem.

If you listen closely, you can tell that most of the problems that SJWs/feminists etc have about "men" or "dudebros" are really just them subtly hating on autistic traits. They should really just cut the crap and say they want to gas the autistic.
>>
>>25447489
>GOD I HATE HOW NIGGERS TAKE THIS PLACE SERIOUSYL! I GOTTA SHIPTOST HERE TO MAKE SURE THEY LE UNDERSTAND XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Tumblr please kill yourself.
>>
>>25446910
Legit Aspie here. Honestly I don't think the show's helped me much, but it would have if I'd been younger. 23 y/o college student, btw
>>
File: 1446201681623.png (191 KB, 273x391) Image search: [Google]
1446201681623.png
191 KB, 273x391
>>25446910
I used to be a Autistic fatass neckbeard /v/irgin
Now i'm a skinny clean shaven nor/mlp/erson virgin still autistic though
>>
File: brokenstage.jpg (260 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
brokenstage.jpg
260 KB, 1200x1000
>>25446910
I'm on the lowest end of the Autism/Asberger's spectrum. Still, it makes life a hell of a lot harder to deal with on top of depression and anxiety.
As for the show? It gives me a release of sorts. A good distraction from all the pain for a short while before I'm thrust back into it.
>>
>>25446910
I haven't been diagnosed, but I seem to exhibit a lot of the symptoms, some worse than others. It has really helped me with my social anxiety and depression. If only I had found it sooner.
>>
>>25447503
>>25447630
>>25447708

Quite understandable.
>>
File: 1447210857773.jpg (80 KB, 490x328) Image search: [Google]
1447210857773.jpg
80 KB, 490x328
>>25447503
>they go nowhere in social development because they were fed the special snowflake philosophy

>massive sperg about their obsessions as a result

I've been trying to help my friend who is in that situation
4chan helped me become a better person
e.g. I hide my power level and try to act like a contributable member of society
>>
File: 1438633798682.gif (556 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1438633798682.gif
556 KB, 640x360
If schizoid's on the spectrum, so am I
>>
File: horses huggin.png (630 KB, 982x768) Image search: [Google]
horses huggin.png
630 KB, 982x768
question for those with autism itt

what causes people to act like >>25436536 ?
Does autism grant 0 self-awareness? I get they don't pick up on social queues or body language. But what causes people to think "yea a deviant art page about my fart fetish is a great idea"?

And why the shit are generals like that on /mlp/?
>>
>>25451185
I think it's because parents simply shrug off their children's behavior off as a natural part of being autistic. They tell them to "be themselves", but don't do anything to prevent them from making fools of themselves.

I'm worried about this generation of kids. I've been to many special ed programs over the last few years, and some of the weirdest fucking people I ever met have been there.

I remember back in...sophomore, I think, where some kid got mad at me and ran away for having no interest in talking with him.
>>
>>25451185
That is a good question. I cannot speak for them, really.
I guess their parents just weren't as involved in teaching them what's okay and what isn't? I have no idea. Various levels of it contribute to various levels of being idiots.
I know that I was a fucking idiot growing up. My guardians never taught me right from wrong; How to properly socialize. I learned my right from wrong through trial and error (mostly error.) I'm still hyper shit at socializing though. ...And it sucks.
>>
>>25451185
Also, I used to be one of those spergs, but I soon wised up after being taunted in freshman year for being so open about my sexual desires. Partially thanks to 4chan.
>>
>>25451185
On the contrary; the social awareness becomes too severe and you eventually break down into being a complete dipshit. Your example, however, is just a dumbass.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.