[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is Fluttershy having the worst season any character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
Is it just me or is Fluttershy having the worst season any character has ever had this season? Like worse than Dash being in cunt mode too much of the time of the time in S2 without enough good moments to counterbalance or Pinkie being obnoxious most of the time in S4?

At least in those cases they still felt like main characters.

Outside of Scare-Master which I thought was decent and the Premiere where she got to do some stuff she's had almost no presence, even in yesterdays episode where she was technically the MAIN character with hte solution to the friendship problem she felt like she was totally overshadowed by Twilight until the very last minute, outside of solving the problem all she did was be shy and quiet, cute but nothing really noteworthy or even particularly funny. She lacked presence even when she co-starred.

Really If I hadn't been watching this show for 5 seasons now and this had been my first? Id of probably forgotten she was supposed to be a main character.
>>
File: fluts.png (101 KB, 859x728) Image search: [Google]
fluts.png
101 KB, 859x728
>>25443585
She's just useless, even more useless than rarara
>>
File: 12324235252.png (106 KB, 472x390) Image search: [Google]
12324235252.png
106 KB, 472x390
>>25443585
>you will never pet Fluttercat while she sits on your lap purring peacefully
>>
File: fedora_incoming.jpg (83 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
fedora_incoming.jpg
83 KB, 500x505
>>25443585
Cheesy. Gordita.
>>
>>25443585
She was amazing in the season opener. I also enjoyed her in Make new friends but keep Discord episode.
But I agree this is her worst season so far.
>>
File: 2f0.jpg (26 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
2f0.jpg
26 KB, 500x413
>>25443585
We can only blame one person for this.
>>
>>25443653

She was good in the opener, but in the Discord one she mostly to me just felt like she was there to facilitate Discord. She had some decent lines but was overshadowed.
>>
>>25443585
>She's with Discord
-social
-assertive
-easygoing
-show emotions like anger and annoyance

>without Discord
Typical Fluttershy episode
>"I..I don't know if i can.."
>"I..If that's okay..."
>"I..I'm, too scared of X"
>"meep!"
>>
>>25443991

I still think Fluttershy episodes are on average better than Applejacks or Rainbow Dashes, though Rainbow Dashes best are far better than Flutters best but her worst are far worse.
>>
last season was worse for her, she basically got reduced to a gimmick character there.
>>
>>25444624
Have to agree there. What with Power Ponies, Rainbow Falls, and Filli Vanilli, they really felt like they had no idea what the fuck to do with her. This season, they are not doing anything creative or good with her, which is a tragedy, but at least they're not just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks anymore.
>>
>>25444649
>Filli Vanilli
>bad
>any year
>any planet
>any universe
Fluttershy not wanting to sing in public is totally plausible, and it's something real people don't want to do either so it makes for a good kids' show episode. Plus the song is godlike.
>>
File: 56783.jpg (7 KB, 250x204) Image search: [Google]
56783.jpg
7 KB, 250x204
>>25444794
You sure about that, m8ty?
>>
>>25444794
I didn't say it was bad. I said it was gimmicky.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.