[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ShadowBolts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: 1447535436694.jpg (149 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
1447535436694.jpg
149 KB, 1024x684
Why we don't like again?
>>
No hooves.
>>
Didn't get as much characterization as the Dazzlings.

I still like them.
>>
But I do like them.
>>
They were heavily marketed yet barely played any sort of role in the film. They were utterly pointless. Twilight was the only important one.

Though Sour Sweet was fun in a crazy way.
>>
File: jameson kek.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
jameson kek.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>25441132
>no dialogue
>no dialogue
>DUDE YOUVE GOTTA LISTEN TO THIS!!!1
>blah blah blah stuff
>2nd top cunt
and I didn't even watch the shitty movie.
>>
They need more screen time. Or at least comic books.
>>
File: Dazzlings 32.jpg (628 KB, 2480x3347) Image search: [Google]
Dazzlings 32.jpg
628 KB, 2480x3347
They were okay. The Dazzlings were far more entertaining, though... and ultimately more memorable.
>>
>>25441132
They were pretty much background characters, hell some of them were in the spotlight less than the fucking band leader girl.
>>
>>25441286
>I didn't even watch the shitty movie.

You've made that obvious. If you had, you'd know that Sour Sweet had more dialogue than any other Shadowbolt. Sugarcoat talked a fair amount too. Indigo Zap and Lemon Zest had just a few lines, but enough to establish their personalities. Sunny Flare is the only one who's a complete mystery.
>>
>>25441270
>not Lemon Zest
>>
>>25441132
Because the Shadowbolts were nothing but a dark illusion formed from the power of Nightmare Moon. They weren't actual ponies, and as such do not act as the same kind of reference as the Wondercolts do to the Wonderbolts.

That said, "Wondercolts" is a fucking pants-on-head retarded name, and whoever thought it up should be beaten with thorn bushes until dead. Why the shit didn't they just go with "Wonderbolts"?
>>
> All these posts laminating the lack of screen time or dialogue and them basically benig in the background.
That didn't stop five years of Vinyl Scratch beginning near-everywhere did it? Never mind Octavia, Time Turner/Dr. (W)Hooves, even Derpy/Muffins, and other background characters.
>They were heavily marketed yet barely played any sort of role in the film.
This is probably the best said critique that can be laid out and I do agree with Anon here. Least in my opinion, if the opening sequence did not feature them as prominently our expectations would have not been so high and kept to a limit which may be reasonably meet from how the film actually was.
>>
>>25441502
>laminating
Haha. You meant lamenting, right?
>>
>>25441580
>con-air
>posts face/off
>>
>>25441580
and you are correct. I should get to bed soon.
>>
>>25441132
We dont?
>>
What is their personality then? I havent watch the movies here anons, just some shorts from youtube.
But lemme guess
>Sour Sweet
Bipolar, but a forced version of it.
>Sugarcoat
cold hearted girl who dont need no friends and only speaks when she needed to.
>Lemon Zest
Dumb party girl
>Indigo Zap
Jock with an intention to win. Not above playing dirty.
>Sunny Flare
apathetic?
>SciTwi
beta uprising, as in geek with violent tendencies
>>
File: 1443493203658.png (429 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1443493203658.png
429 KB, 650x650
>>25443257
>>Sour Sweet
>Bipolar, but a forced version of it.
More like two-faced.
>>Sugarcoat
>cold hearted girl who dont need no friends and only speaks when she needed to.
Yes.
>>Lemon Zest
>Dumb party girl
Yes.
>>Indigo Zap
>Jock with an intention to win. Not above playing dirty.
Yes.
>>Sunny Flare
>apathetic?
Who?
>>SciTwi
>beta uprising, as in geek with violent tendencies
Yes but also...
Unintentional magic trench-coat mafia.
>>
>>25441270
Good taste, shame there is no green of Sugarcoat.
>>
>>25443326
There was a good SugarLight story in the Scilight thread. Sugarcoat doesn't really act like herself much tho.

What happened to the Shadowbolt threads? Guess the Dazzlingfags were right.
>>
>>25444149
An interesting point I heard during a pony-related podcast; FG aired mid-season of pony while RR and EqG1 were released during hiatus and thus no pony. Now I will admit the differences in writing and scripts of the movies and resulted shortcomings. However, If RR was release mid-season four would the Dazzlings be as popular?
>>
>>25441607
What is ironing?
>>
Sugarcoat was obviously the best of the bunch,
>>
>>25441132
i like eqg. all the >no hooves people are faggots
>>
>>25441328
wtf happened to the dazzlings in the third movie anyway?
>>
>>25445230
Probably. Aside from Aria they were well written and interesting characters.
>>
>>25448326
They weren't supposed to show up. I doubt they will show up again honestly.
>>
File: Sugar Coat.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Sugar Coat.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>25441132
We're all sexually aroused by your penis, right now.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.