[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is each character's worst moment/episode? I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
What is each character's worst moment/episode?

I think Fluttershy insulting her friends in putting your hoof down was not only Fluttershy's worst moment, it may be the worst moment in all of MLP.

Either she said that to hurt them as much as she could, or she actually feels that way about them, but is too passive-aggressive to say it.

Terrible episode for Fluttershy.
>>
>>25343201
You're just mad that your waifu is a passive-aggressive shit.
>>
>>25343212

Fluttershy isn't my waifu.
>>
>>25343201
Pinkie is so fucking hot
>>
>>25343201
Fluttershy did nothing wrong in that scene.

Putting your hoof down is the best written episode about Fluttershy. All the others are just
>I am shyyyy
>I am afraid of everything
>Hey guys, did you know that I'm shy?

I bet you hated this scene because it was "out of character" too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AGDkHYe22Q
>>
File: post-1234-0-11655700-1354643043.png (421 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
post-1234-0-11655700-1354643043.png
421 KB, 1280x720
>>25343223

Sadly, the original Pinkie died when Twilight mass-murdered her.

>>25343238

I never said it was out of character. But if it is in character, than it raises some very ugly questions about the strength of her character.
>>
>>25343201
this her true self and reason why she tolerate Discord.

You want a quiet and submissive shy pony then go waifu Marble Pie
>>
>>25343263
>original pinkie
who gives a shit, she's identical
>>
>>25343271

Where are you getting these conclusions from?

First of all, Fluttershy isn't my waifu.

Secondly, I don't mind if Fluttershy breaks out of her shell.

It's her hurtful behavior to friends that she supposedly cares about that I dislike.
>>
Fluttershy is bipolar!
>>
>>25343201
>she has negative thoughts about things! What a bitch!
Oh shut up. What does it matter if that's how she feels? She normally makes it a point to be kind and not bring up things like that.
>>
>>25343300
>It's her hurtful behavior to friends that she supposedly cares about that I dislike.

Do you like everything about your friends? Haven't you ever got mad at them?

Most of the time I get along well with my friends, but sometimes we piss each other off and start reproaching shit.

Does that mean that we are not true friends? No, it means that we are humans and sometimes we just need to get stuff out of our chests.
>>
>>25343359

She can have negative thoughts, but Fluttershy calling people petty is like the pot calling the kettle black.

>>25343370

>element of kindness
>>
>>25343300
She hide her true feelings beneath the introvertic shell. She also was criticising Rarity dress in Suited For Sucess and she made snarky comment in Cutie Map and Tanks for The Memories. She isn't the pure good vigin as she appears to. Her entire arc is basically CHANGHING from introvert to more open and social pony. She isn't doing the "I;m shy and I love myself the way I am" but she actually doing small steps to become as assertive as Rarity.
>>
>>25343263

It was painful but both she and her friends needed a reality check.

Fluttershy was being an asshole to compensate for her shyness, and needed to see that she was in the wrong.

Pinkie and Rarity wanted to "fix" Fluttershy. Their hearts were in the right place and they were worried about her, but they failed to recognize that Fluttershy's fundamental issue was her inability to express herself. By pushing into her life, they were trivializing Fluttershy's emotions and trying to suppress her when all she wanted was freedom.

1/2
>>
>>25343512

So it stands to reason that Fluttershy, who has always felt suppressed and marginalized, would attack her friends in the same way she'd felt attacked, by calling their lifestyles frivolous and meaningless, because that's how Fluttershy has always felt about her own life.

In a way, Fluttershy has exceptional emotional intelligence, she's just very bad at expressing it (demonstrated also in the Halloween party scene).

It's surprising that Pinkie and Rarity reacted as they did, but it hopefully served as a lesson that when you make the commitment to help someone who's out of control, the parts of your own life that are damaged and undeveloped are going to be brought to light, and you have to be ready for that. No one is perfect, and Rarity and Pinkie Pie needed to recognize that there are times when they felt something akin to Fluttershy's angst (think of Party of One, and Rarity's many tearful breakdowns), and simply telling Fluttershy to "b urself bro" wasn't actually helpful. She needed to face the darkest parts of herself, and indirectly they helped her do that, by being emotional punching bags.

I'm not saying that Fluttershy was blameless and that Pinkie and Rarity were wrong to help her. Pinkie and Rarity did the RIGHT thing, it was also just the HARD thing, and it was painful, but necessary. They started Fluttershy down the path toward realizing that what she was doing was hurting herself and the people around her. And it took a lot of strength from Fluttershy to realize that. In real life, there are many examples of people who NEVER realize the evil they are doing, no matter how many people try to help them. They are emotional black holes with 0 awareness, which isn't Fluttershy; she immediately realized the mistake she'd made.

2/2
>>
My thing with the scene is, Rarity is a successful designer who runs who own business and has all sorts of high class contacts. What the hell has Fluttershy done with her life that she can look down on her?
>>
>>25344713
fucking nothing, that's what
>>
>>25344713

She wallows in animal shit
>>
>>25343201

Do you forget the episode where rarity made dresses for the others and fluttershy went all out shit talking her design? Obviously fluttershy is the type of secretly hold negative judgemental views of all her friends and is just too passive to say it unless pushed to do so. So basically every scene you can imagine her thinking "wow, can pinkie get any fatter? We all knew that Twilight, you know it all" and so on.

Tldr: flutters is a bitch.
>>
>>25344713
>>25345832
>>25345850
>samefagging this hard
Calm down bro it's just ponies lol
>>
>>25344713

what makes Rarity and Pinkie feel like they can look down on Fluttershy? does that sound like an equitable, healthy friendship?

>>25345877

the alternative would be having no friends at all. so she shuts up because having friends is more important to her than voicing petty shit.

>fluttershy went all out shit talking her design

Fluttershy didn't want to say anything until Rarity literally backed her into a corner and was screaming TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME like an insane person.

I'll also say that the entire episode was stupid and Fluttershy's rant in particular was terribly written

and she wasn't rude with her criticism, she didn't call Rarity a fucking retard or anything, she just said what was wrong, technically, with the dress (which under scrutiny was all a bunch of meaningless jargon anyway)
>>
File: 1430352071296.gif (579 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1430352071296.gif
579 KB, 250x250
>>25346013
>just ponies

Look, if you're not going to take this seriously then you might as well just pack all your things away and go do something worthwhile with your life.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (13 KB, 390x200) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
13 KB, 390x200
>>25346013
better luck next time
>>
>>25343375
>element of kindness
>is sometimes an asshole
>just like the element of generosity
>is sometimes self-centered
Wow, it's like they're actually people that can fuck up sometimes.
>>
>>25343512
>>25343526
Sure, whatever FAGGOT
But actually you are exactly right. This was a good way of phrasing it, too.
>>
>>25343201
Dang, you tipped that fedora so hard it almost hit me dude.
>>
>>25347702

Congratulations, you don't know how to use fedora.

I won't be surprised if you call me autistic next.
>>
>>25343238
The difference between hat scene with Flanders snapping and Fluttershy snapping is Flanders has a reason to snap at them. They're all incompetent idiots who openly hate him, and he tries his best to be nice. On top of that, looks like his home was just destroyed.

Fluttershy, on the other hand, was just a dick to Rarity and Pinkie, two of her best friends, who were only trying to help noticing how increasingly dickish she was acting, only to get responded with verbal attacks on them, for no good reason. And then Fluttershy never even apologized for that!
>>
>>25343201
Op is a faggot. That was one of if not the best fluttershy episode. You honestly think FS deep down doesn't have bottled up emotions? We knew she has anger issues since day. She was a walking bomb. That episode let her blow off some steam.
>>
File: 1343856768502.jpg (143 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1343856768502.jpg
143 KB, 1280x1280
Mare do Well and the shitty episode where dash gets the tortoise were the worse for rainbow dash
>>
>>25343201
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnx6sw3YN_g
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.