[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people on this board who have willing exposed their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16
File: 1420248608221.gif (803 KB, 431x357) Image search: [Google]
1420248608221.gif
803 KB, 431x357
>There are people on this board who have willing exposed their power level
Explain yourselves faggots
>>
>>25325762
I do it ironically, so it just comes off as a joke more than anything.

Yelling at people about pink pony pussy and all that can be pretty funny. But good god no, I'd never say it in public.
>>
>>25325762
Friends know, they don't give a shit
Family know, they don't give a shit
So why should I hide it?
>>
>>25325762
Well it's not like I can talk about pony here. This is a board for greentext stories and casual "lol I'd fuck this pony" posts in place of actual waifuism. I have no other choice than to bother those around me with these things. It's not my fault.
>>
>>25325762
>revealed accidentally one day
>now surrounded by pony fans
feels good man.
>>
>>25326063
>>
>>25325989
This
>>
>>25325762
it's not about worrying about your power level
it's about being a good sport with it
>>
>>25325762
I was a dumbass who was super social. Thankfully my autistic vision of having a happy and healthy social life has died so now there is no one left to reveal my power level to
>>
File: 1434747291942.jpg (30 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1434747291942.jpg
30 KB, 500x281
>>25325989
Same here. I try to keep it to myself, but I don't try nearly as hard as someone whose powerlevel has been hidden since their day one.

I can't remember the last time I was asked or mocked about it anyway.
>>
>>25325762
The super-duper-secret-club game lost its flair when I got 12.
>>
>>25326821
It's more about keeping your relationships intact than secret club.
>>
>Wear Pony shirt in public
>Guy I work with says "Aren't you too old for My Little Pony"?
>Ask him "What, don't you like ponies? Everybody I know likes ponies."
>Near by female coworker says "Yeah, I like ponies."
>Say "See, everybody likes ponies."
>Guy says "I guess ponies are okay..."
>Never brings it up again.
>>
>>25326884
If friends can't accept the fact that we sometimes do weird things, they're not worthy to be called friends. More like peers you hang out with cause you've been told they're cool.

Trust me, anon: my friends know about the whole MLP thing and never cared.
>>
>>25326908
We ended up bullying the shit out of one of my friends when he said he was a brony way back in 2010, I didn't want to go through what he went through.
>>
>>25326926
Then he wasn't your friend, nor you were his.

The show should have taught you something, anon: that friendship is not something you randomly decide do stop practicing cause "lol he's weird XD XD!". Real friends don't question what you do (as long as it's not hurting someone), they just find a way to adapt to it.
>>
File: 1445509162745.jpg (79 KB, 440x441) Image search: [Google]
1445509162745.jpg
79 KB, 440x441
>>25326908
This. All of it.
>>
>>25326944
Dude, I'm from Edmonton, that's as close as you get to real friendship around here.
>>
>>25326944

This tbqh fam8
>>
>tfw no friends to tease me for liking pony
>tfw too scared to openly state what I like so I put on the face of an average normalfag in an effort of blending in
>tfw can't let anyone close because they'd figure out everything about me is a lie.
>>
File: 1420094536016.jpg (955 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1420094536016.jpg
955 KB, 1920x1080
>>25326984
I know that feel bro, I haven't had a single friend in like three to four years
>>
>>25326997

I've never had one, not even when I was young and let my sperg out openly.
>>
>>25326980
All I'm hearing is "I need excuses to hide the fact that I don't trust my 'friends' but I'm also too lazy to look for real ones"
>>
I was young and foolish, its been 5 years, I've learned, I've grown
>>
>>25327006
>let my sperg out openly
That's probably why anon, no one wants to be associated with a sperg.
In the show friendship is magic but in real life reputation is everything.
>>
>>25327014

there were other people more cringe worthy and spastic than me and they all manged to form a friend circle even if it was small.
>>
>>25327011
>I need excuses to hide the fact that I don't trust my 'friends'
Nigga, I just told you they bullied the shit out of one of the guys in our group who mentioned he was a brony, I don't need an excuse because I could trust that my friends would definitely shit on me.
>>
>>25327023
Then you were at that point anon

The point where you weren't spergy enough to hang out with the full autismo's but not normal enough to hang with the normies.
>>
I never understood the need to "come out" about watching a cartoon. No one ever expected me to come out about liking Darkwing Duck, Earthworm Jim, Dave the Barbarian or Adventure Time.
>>
>>25327026
Hey, I'm not the one who cried that "Edmonton is a bad place, no friends to be found here".

Friends know no latitude: when you find one, you find one and that's it. It's part of growing up: accepting that not everyone is your 'friend', but that you can still be in good terms with them. Life needs "friends" and "peers" in equal measure. The last ones to make you feel part of a community, the first ones to teach you that you don't always need to be someone else to be accepted.
>>
>>25326980
Alberta's brony/horsefucker population is sad to say the least.

But seriously, fuck bullies. If 4chan has any practical application, it's a lesson in how to ignore assholes.
>>
>>25327054
by giving them a smartass reply?
>>
>>25327085
No, by ignoring them. Just like I'm doing right now.

Also he posted before I could finish, but this >>25327047
>>
File: cringe1.jpg (8 KB, 125x113) Image search: [Google]
cringe1.jpg
8 KB, 125x113
You know those people who think fedoras look cool, but don't realize they look absolutely retarded?

That's you guys, except with brony clothes.
>>
>>25327099

This.

People in these thread always say "oh everyone know but they don't care so it's fine."

But they do care, and they judge you all the time, you're just too autistic to see it.
>>
>>25327108
People judge you over everything they can find when it suits them. Most of the time they don't give a damn about you.
>>
File: colbert.jpg (11 KB, 210x175) Image search: [Google]
colbert.jpg
11 KB, 210x175
>>25327108
>they judge you all the time
And?
"Oh no, somebody's judging me without showing it in any conceivable way! M-MUH REPUTATION!"

Maybe we're autistic, sure, but you guys are pussies.
>>
>>25327125

Sure, people you see in the store don't, but people in your life DO.

You think your parents don't secretly think you're a disappointment?

Your classmates, your aunt?

Your grandpa?

They all think you're a fag, they just don't care enough to hurt your feelings over telling you.
>>
>>25327108
>not knowing the difference between being autistic and not giving a fuck about what random assholes think of you.

Holy shit, I finally figured out why this thread throws around the word autistic so much.
>>
>>25327140
>>25327129

Can you read?

I was specifically speaking to people who thought people didn't care.
>>
>>25327133
>Parents secretly think you're a disappointment
They've never expressed this to me. Why should I be anxious over something I don't know?
>Classmates
They don't know I watch the show and I don't interact with them.
>Aunt, Grandpa
I don't know relatives outside of nuclear family.

Watching a cartoon is not that big a deal and if someone tries to make it a big deal, you either need to explain it to them or they're not worth being an integral part of your life.
>>
>>25327145
Kid, they don't. Caring implies showing it. If they're not showing it in any conceivable way, then they don't care.

But hey, who am I to stop your delusions? Keep believing people are head over heels for anything you do. You're the center of the world, anon, all those news on the newspapers are just a falseflag to hide the fact that everybody cares what you do or think.
>>
>>25327133
>As a cognitive bias, egocentrism refers to the natural restriction on our perception caused by the simple fact that we can only see the world from our perspective. It takes special effort to see the world from any perspective other than through our own eyes.

It's not as bad as you think, Anon. It's most likely that your family went through something similar in their time and just didn't have the opportunity to express themselves. Just be the same person you've always been and people will see just that. Horsefucker on not.
>>
>>25327099
>don't realize they look absolutely retarded?
can't be more wrong to be honest

it's much much more about the person who wears it than any fashion article
fedoras are like polish, but no point in polishing a turd
>>
>>25327145
And I'm telling you it's different. Being autistic IS DIFFERENT from not giving a fuck.

But by all means, wallow in your own delusions of self worthlessness by all means.
>>
I doubt my best friend from high school would care, but I haven't seen him in years and years. We knew we could sperg out around each other, and the shit talking would at least be good natured.

I wouldn't call the people I hang out with now friends. They are more like coworkers who try to force themselves into my life for no reason. Seriously, it's a crime to them that I would rather relax at home than drive an hour to go get some burrito?
>>
File: 1392202268622.jpg (16 KB, 519x519) Image search: [Google]
1392202268622.jpg
16 KB, 519x519
>>25326063
The sad truth
>>
>>25327197
kek, I know that feeling. Truth is, tho, that if being friends means "adapting", this works both for you and your friends. Thus, you have to concede them a couple drive, once in a while, if you want them to do the same with you staying at home.
>>
>>25325989
My family knows but not my friends. I sincerely doubt they wouldn't give me shit about it so I don't tell them. Family is fine with it though, most of us are geeks in one form or another anyway. Mom and Uncle are trekkies, younger brother is a weeaboo, older brother is a poetry fag and likes Twilight. Loads of cousins whom are also weebs or comic fags. Dad is normal but he doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>25327133
I, for one, know that my parents consider me a failure and a disappointment. But you see, when my parents were my age, they were raising three children (poorly) on welfare checks. They had the first child because they were too cheap to buy condoms, the second child for tax reasons, and the third because they thought it would save their failing marriage. To say that they have no right to criticize me would be an understatement.

I don't have any classmates, and my grandparents are DEAAAAAAD.
>>
File: mlpfeel.png (2 MB, 1000x4000) Image search: [Google]
mlpfeel.png
2 MB, 1000x4000
>>25327239
You have us, tho.
And we won't judge your pony obsession.

you're still a fag, tho
>>
>>25327239
Blaming your failings on others doesn't excuse them. You're still a failure no matter your circumstances and your situation is still primarily your own fault.
>>
>>25327259
Did you masturbate while writing that?
>>
>>25327259
I'm not blaming my failures on them, I'm saying their criticism is hypocrisy.

>>25327250
That's fair.
>>
>>25327273
N-no.
C-call me names, pls.
>>
>>25327288
It just seemed like you were stroking your ego.
>>
>>25327296
...ahn...more...
>>
>>25327210
Yeah I get that, and I do a couple times a month. They seem to want to go every other day, though, and gas is expensive.
>>
>>25327382
...nobody ever said friendship was easy or cheap.
>>
>>25327396
It is when the only friends you have are on the other side of a computer screen.
>>
>>25327907
Those aren't "friends", anon. "Peers", if you want
>>
File: 1442032625984.gif (364 KB, 294x315) Image search: [Google]
1442032625984.gif
364 KB, 294x315
>>25325762
I don't parade it around, but if it comes up I'm not going to go crazy denying it.

The only time I really fucked up and revealed my powerlevel was back in HS when this thing was still kind of new, and a (now) friend of mine was blaring winter wrap up in the cafeteria. I turned my head for a split second and must have made a face like I obviously recognized it because he ran the fuck up and sat by me.

Helps having a friend that is a straight up "brony" that shows off enough for both of us.
>>
>>25327916
You don't know what friends are, do you?
>>
My friends are fine with horses, yet I can't make them watch at least Season 1 opener. Sad life is sad.
My co-workers like to discuss weither or not we are ending today's work early, 'cuz I wan't to be in time for the new episode stream. I still feel weird calling the thing an anime.
My acuaintances like to bring up some pony stuff they noticed/got to know one way or another when they are talking with me.

I'm ok, I think.
>>
be me, 30 yrs old going back to college for nursing school. Zero friends on campus
She college group flier for a /tg/ related group.
Fast forward to first day I meet up
Guy who made group walks into room.
Hipsterish, Zelda shirt, laptop has dashie sticker and shadowbolts logo sticker on it.
Look him square in the eyes
Liking top cunt in 2015....shiggy.

He replies back.
Implying you don't want to cum inside.

Now have group of friends there.
Feels good man.
>>
>>25327133
Fucking this desu senpai.

I can't believe anyone would willingly tell their parents they watch this show. I know my parents gave up a lot to raise me well, so it's only perfectly fair they get to live in the ignorance that I'm completely normal. Grandparents are even worse. Just don't fucking let them know.

Granted, I revealed my power level to my friends about two months back when we got a flat together. But I didn't make a big fucking deal out of it - they just saw me either lurking on here or watching an episode or something like that. And they don't give a shit because they're my friends, even though in high school we'd talk shit about bronies occasionally. They know I'm not an obnoxious fedora tipping lard ass like your stereotypical fan of the show. And I know they don't like the show so I talk to them about it. It works.
>>
I was a moronic le love and tolerance autist, then I shut up about it.
>>
>>25325762
I don’t hide it, but if anyone asks me about it I don't lie. I say I like it cause it's cute ponies doing cute things, and if they press it or make fun of me I call them autistic.
Gotta chill
>>
>>25325762
Sunbutt cutie mark sticker on my laptop. Literally nobody cares and its not like I have friends anyways.

The one friend I do have introduced me to mlp so he doesn't give a shit.
>>
>boyfriend knows, doesn't like ponies but also doesn't give a shit
>got 4cc scarf in the mail, Dad asked about it because he got to the mailbox before me. He thought it was cute and really well made.
>best friend jokingly tells me not to fuck horses but she used to watch it and we've sold art/plush at conventions before.

I'm not some great greasy hambeast splerg wearing hot topic mlp shirts and pinning a million buttons of muh waifu all over my school bag. It's an interest not a lifestyle so any time someone finds out they don't care. Having a vagina also helps (though I have noped the fuck out of some female Brony encounters) but seriously if you're not awkward about it no one else will be.
>>
>>25327011
all I'm hearing is "God anons look at me, I take the lessons from the show seriously, look at me I'm so much better because of it, god this neckbeard makes me look fat
>>
File: 1438603528786.jpg (94 KB, 867x1193) Image search: [Google]
1438603528786.jpg
94 KB, 867x1193
>>25330960
That ain't fucking fair considering they're girl toys in the first place.

That'd be like me making a big deal out of still liking a transformers cartoon. Animated was the fucking shit, I don't care what anyone says.
>>
>>25331119
That's true but liking girl's toys in your mid-twenties is still frowned on or seen as weird. Even though every other woman around me is obsessed with Disney and hello kitty, it's like if I collected Dora the Explorer stuff because "that's for children, you should grow up". I do get an unfair advantage over you guys though.

Zoids are GOAT but honestly I never got into Transformers.
>>
>>25331193
Zoids were cool too.
Fuck, robots and mechs in general are fucking cool, who am I kidding? You have to literally try to fuck it up.
>>
>>25331193
>>25331233
I fukken loved Zoids. I'd still have a bunch of the toys too if they didn't get lost moving between houses.
>>
>>25327233
>Dad is normal but he doesn't give a fuck.
>doesn't give a fuck
>is normal
>>
File: 1445469243766.png (59 KB, 455x451) Image search: [Google]
1445469243766.png
59 KB, 455x451
all these people spilling their spaghetti.
>>
>>25325762
I did it three times actually:
>I was on a trip with some female friends. They started talking about weird series they were watching. I said I watched some episodes of MLP out of boredom. They found it weird but cute.
>I had a pone wallpaper in my phone. I tried to explain it to a classmate and he was a jerk, so from that moment on I just said it was a Pokemon if someone asked.
>One of my closer friends knows that I like MLP and I told him to watch some episodes. He didn't like it (probably barely understanding English was the problem). We just use it as a inside joke now.

Then I discovered /mlp/ and stopped revealing my power level
>>
>>25325762
What's exactly wrong with it. If people react badly to it you've already been a dork.
>>
>>25325762
I was once young and foolish and told my parents. I learned that lesson.
That was three years ago. They must not find out I still like ponies.
>>
>>25325989
same here, except my dad thinks I'm a little juvenile for sleeping with and talking to a near life size pony plush every night
>>
>>25325762
> being 27 years old
> Having MLP plushies and brushables on dresser
> MLP is a show that little girls watch

Honestly, I think it would be weirder if I didn't explain that to people. I'd rather people imagining that I'm some kind of pedo. I can live with the autism though.
>>
>>25332187
*have people not imagining
>>
>>25326063
You should post some show discussion threads and look for ones to take part in. I've been putting in an effort myself, but it's hard to keep things going without many others getting involved.
>>
>>25325762
Parents don't care. They were into anime before I was born, so they kinda understand. Most friends are weebs and give zero fucks.
>>
>>25331193
Get the fuck out, easy mode faggot.
>>
File: ah didn't learn shit.png (469 KB, 527x514) Image search: [Google]
ah didn't learn shit.png
469 KB, 527x514
>>25327133
No, they don't. There are better people than that in the world. My parents are worse at hiding their power levels than I am, but people greet my mom happily everywhere she goes and my dad works a high-paying job. You don't have to lie to be accepted- at least, you don't have to hide everything. You know why I first got into MLP? Because a friend told me he liked it, and I decided to take a look it too. Now we hang out every Saturday to watch the new episodes.

It's better to be honest than not to.
>>
>>25332351
Go back to /r9k/ spaghettidick.
>>
>>25332511
Whiteknight some more, pussy fart.
>>
>>25332554
Eat an entire bag of sweaty assholes. Just....Just a bunch of detached anuses!
>>
>>25332061
post pony plush pic please
>>
>>25325762
Only to family and close friends and only in specific situations, usually as a joke when drinking heavily on holidays. Me and my brother in law (who doesn't into the show) got shit faced and watched the friendship games together, it was a good time. Other times I'll use it to extricate myself from conversations I don't want to have, either by putting an episode on or by gradually injecting ponies into the discussion until my enemies become uncomfortable and go away.
>>
Considering MLP is far from the first childrens cartoon I've watched over the years, yeah it doesn't surprise anybody...

It's only a big deal because you retards make a big deal out of it and have a special snowflake mentality
>>
>>25332626
I'm only posting the cringe vid to illustrate how big she really is
https://youtu.be/o4u5x15sbV8?t=23
and don't listen to him, they are actually really cuddlable and spoonable
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.