[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clockwork Stalions video game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
So what does everyone think of this pony video game?

http://darkerastudios.weebly.com/mlprcs.html
>>
Nobody interested? even a little? I knew I should have posted that countdown timer and get some hype before it actually released.
>>
>game maker 8.1
I already know its shit.
>>
Looks interesting... Im'a download it soon as I get home!
>>
>>25305872
What would make you happy, Anon? For the dev to reprogram it in C++ while simultaneously blowing you? Would that do it?
>>
>>25305879
I never said that, I just said game maker is shit. the fact they can't port to windows 8/8.1 because of a limitation from game maker 8.1 really makes me skeptical about the quality. games made in game maker are never known for being good, they're just babbies first attempt at game development.
>>
>>25305872
GM actually isn't too bad, especially if you use studio. The reason GM gets so much shit is because there isn't pre-set properties like shadows and 3d physics. If you code wisely and make it original (using custom fonts, custom sprites ECT.) its actually very fast and convenient
>>
mlpgamereviews.blogspot.ca

Clockwork Stallions game review
>>
>>25305894
I agree, but it's a start. This board is crying for some original content, some Anon drops in with a little completed game out of the blue - I'm not saying kiss his ass. I'm just saying how about we try it out before announcing it's shit? Maybe it IS shit, so then I'll come back and say so. But maybe I'll get 20 minutes of pony themed fun out of it for free.

tl;dr - if someone brings us some original work, let's try it out before we kick the crap out of it.
>>
>>25305917
This^
I'm actually working a game myself that I have hope to be done by spring-summer. Its only a month into development so I don't have anything to show that will get good feedback. I think it will be something that will get attention because my game is very simply based. I don't get why these pony related game designers try to make these huge projects when they simply don't have the time or resources. Also this "fandom" is going to be gone by 2018 anyway so why try to make pony HL3?
>>
>this application needs DirectPlay
>DirectPlay is a network communication library
fuck your botnet
>>
>>25305462
The pixel art is frankly horrible with a lot of pillowshading and jaggy edges.
>>
>>25306002
It's the desktop ponies, isn't it? I doubt OP had the time/resources to make his own sprite set from scratch. Whateves, I'm trying it out.
>>
>>25306025
Those sprites in the OP are different from desktop ponies.
>>
>>25305462
I would LIKE to play it, if, yanno, it was compatible with windows 8.
It's not like the problem isn't well known but the fix can only come from him, so fuck that.
>>
>>25305894
While I see where you're coming from, Game Maker can actually be shockingly good for a number of things, as it's just so fucking quick to program in.
Especially for something like some faggots pony game, which is destined to fail from the beginning, he could either waste hundreds of hours coding it in a real language or like 10 in Game Maker.
Couple of my friends even made an shitty flappy bird rip off in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDGYOUqTiM4
>>
>>25305879
kojima making a pone game in fox engine would make me happy.
>>
it's fun
>>
>>25305913
kek. game ended up exactly how I predicted it would.
>>
I tried it up to the first boss. It tickled my NES nostalgia bone a little. My kid will probably love it to bits. The graphics ain't amazing but they do the job, although the explosions are completely out of style with everything else. That said, I enjoyed them and the magic effects Twi has. I did feel at least some effort had been put into it, which is a lot more than I can say for some pony games I've tried. Had a bit of fun with it, didn't expect more than that, didn't get it, will probably play it again a few times and like I said my daughter will probably enjoy it a lot more than me.
>>
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/10/rise-of-clockwork-stallions-release.html

Should have hyped it up before releasing it. His loss.
>>
File: k.png (5 KB, 369x177) Image search: [Google]
k.png
5 KB, 369x177
?
>>
>>25305462
Just downloaded it, i'll give it a try then get back to you
>>
File: thumb.png (36 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
thumb.png
36 KB, 250x250
Anyone getting garbled audio on Windows 7? Tried both 16 and 32-bit versions, same shit.
>>
File: 1421511511.png (322 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1421511511.png
322 KB, 720x720
>>25306262
>hype the game before releasing it
>get C&D'd by Hasbro
>>
File: k2.png (25 KB, 855x122) Image search: [Google]
k2.png
25 KB, 855x122
>>25306328
?
>>
>>25305894
Hotline Miami was made with gamemaker 7
>>
It runs like shit on my computer. It's fun though.
>>
>>25307907
Somewhere in the game you also get a translator for these. It's a password for a secret character.
>>
>>25307706
Dunno senpai. Windows 10 fucked up my HD, so I've temporarily had to resurrect an old one still running Windows XP. Which the game runs in perfectly, as it turns out.
>>
>>25307745
True dat. It's out. Cn'D can't do anything now.
>>
Ask him if he's gonna release the source code anytime soon.
>>
Did somebody figure out what's up with the really short secret level left of Golden Oak's library?
>>
we already have a real game here >>25262744

we don't need shitty pony fangames anymore when faust is working in the lore and the mane6 team working in the gameplay
>>
another pixel side scroller
>>
A lenghty one too, it has 70 levels.
>>
>>25305894
>can't port to windows 8/8.1 because of a limitation from game maker 8.1
bullshit
gang garrison 2 is made in game maker 8.1 and it works alright on windows 8+
the only one limitation I know would be game crashes if more than 3 sounds play at once, an easy problem to work around
>>
>>25305462

Really nice.

Shame i realized <from reading the notes included> it crashes on Windows 8 only after i got through the first levels and got the hype...
>>
File: clockwork_cupcake.jpg (142 KB, 435x600) Image search: [Google]
clockwork_cupcake.jpg
142 KB, 435x600
>>25305462

>Clockwork Stallions

There was me, that is Pinkamena, and my four droogs, that is Mr. Turnip, Rocky, Sir Lintsalot, and Madame Le Flour, and we sat in Sugarcube Corner trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. Sugarcube Corner sold Sarsparilla-plus, Sarsparilla plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-[spoilerfriendship[/spoiler].
>>
>>25309293
While I'm sure your remark is pure bait, that's not going to stop me from telling you to go fuck yourself and take your shitty non-pony game back to its containment thread.
>>
>>25305462
Played it, won it. Entertained me for a while.
>>
Damn he didn't finish the crystal empire world. That was suppose to be the final reward for collecting all the crown jewels.
>>
>>25305879
Yes please. And a heart-filled apology too.
>>
>>25309922
>the only one limitation I know would be game crashes if more than 3 sounds play at once, an easy problem to work around
Is there a way to do that from the PC?
Because given that he said it's not compatible with windows 8.1 it seems he won't even try to fix it.
>>
File: 1411096047649.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1411096047649.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>25305462
>those fat bodies
>those skinny legs
>>
>>25313844
Try disabling all sounds available in the options menu. I think the game's sounds are stored in a separate folder, so you could also try deleting that folder (or if the game for some reason NEEDS to load them to start, replace all files with valid, empty sound files)
I've been playing the game after posting and the boss death animation uses tons of effects. If it's not the sounds, the crashes could be due to particles or something. I haven't seen any issues regarding this though, only sound.
Apparently using an external sound library can fix the issue, but it's up to the dev.
>>
Any way to change the sound effects? The current ones are screeching my ears.
>>
>Yet another 2D platformer with no original mechanics, no specific genre and which doesn't stay faithful to the cartoon show in the least.

this crap doesn't even have multiplayer
>>
Do we have any charming spokesman who can convince the creator to release the source code?
>>
Too bad this wasn't made in Flash otherwise I could decompile it straight off the sfw
>>
>>25316912
I'm glad it runs at 60 fps and not 2 fps
>>
>>25316929
Enjoy your 30fps in the lava and snow levels
>>
Anyone recording and making a compilation of all the secrets from this game?
>>
>>25305462
Wow the story is garbage.
>>
>>25317590
>story in platform game
>>
>>25317429
Does this count?
>>
>>25318566
There's a shitload of these in the everfree levels. Pretty annoying in my opinion. I don't like dying, thinking there could be a secret platform waiting for me if I jump down that hole.

Anyway
>you can double you speed by pressing A/D + left/right
>to free yourself from spiderwebs, A/D won't work, only left/right
>the chests can be opened with X only, not K. Same with paying diamond dogs.

Fluttershy / Lyra best teamup so far. I'm still at level 2 only though.
>>
>>25319485
And shift doesn't show help in character choice menu so I have no idea what these icons are supposed to mean
>>
File: HOW_ELMO_HOW.jpg (9 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
HOW_ELMO_HOW.jpg
9 KB, 284x284
>Game maker
>Pixels

It's automatically shit.
>>
>>25319485
kek
>>
>>25320125
Oh that one was a pain
Nice pone will use
I just unlocked Cloudsdale but I want to find the two missing jewels in the previous levels. How do I unlock more characters?
Also I tried Twilight as a partner. I still prefer Lyra.
>>
>>25320161
>How do I unlock more characters?
you will get them later
>>
Froggy Bottom Bog is a big let down for the amount of work you have to put into finding it.
>>
>>25320125
>>
File: screenshot101.png (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
screenshot101.png
31 KB, 600x400
Just letting you know because it took me way longer than I'm willing to admit to understand what that noise was
In stage 3-3, the red switch is here
>>
>>25305908
I second this from experience using Studio. It is a really good tool to have but many are lazy not to explore the engine further. HyperLight Drifter is a testament that good games can come from the engine.
>>
>>25305894
>Definitely Bait

GameMaker can port to Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Phone. Have you even picked up the program? Should I link you to their website?
>>
>>25321413
Game Maker Studio can port to windows phone. 8.1 can't.
Before you ask, a GM:S license costs from 150 to 800$
>>
>>25321555
I have the license, it only $300 tops and that just to get it to Windows Phone. It already supports for windows 8. http://www.yoyogames.com/studio Unless you have some hacked version, it has full windows support. It even works with Windows XP which I use on my desktop. My laptop is Windows 8.1 and I develop on both platfoms and test on each. I have to have windows 8 to port to windows 8 phone. I have the SDK's from Visual Basic Pro which you can get from Microsoft FREE.

I been developing with GM for over 2 years now.
If you aren't willing to pay for the engine, don't argue when it gives you shit.
>>
File: clopwork2.png (224 KB, 945x790) Image search: [Google]
clopwork2.png
224 KB, 945x790
>clockwork
>not clopwork
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.