[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam Reconguista I: Rising on Earth http://yaraon-blog.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 34
File: 407256.jpg (14 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
407256.jpg
14 KB, 480x269
Gundam Reconguista I: Rising on Earth

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/83062
>>
>>14284659
Is the movie Tomino has been teasing or something else?
>>
File: 123124.png (2 KB, 477x91) Image search: [Google]
123124.png
2 KB, 477x91
>>14284667

;_;
>>
File: 1450360724013.jpg (484 KB, 1024x727) Image search: [Google]
1450360724013.jpg
484 KB, 1024x727
>>14284677
Have faith in Tomino
He still has a lot of genki to deliver
>>
Lots of stuff about G-Reco and Tomino here

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/char_blog/
>>
File: Klim the Greatest.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Klim the Greatest.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Genki to the max
>>
Reminder : If this movie only does average in terms of sales, there won't be a sequel or sequels
>>
>>14284659
Are these just complication movies or are we sequels now son?
>>
>>14284698
If it comes with english subs, I'll buy it
>>
Make way Iron Blooded Manlets the true shitposting season is coming.
>>
File: BanriseJews.jpg (46 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
BanriseJews.jpg
46 KB, 600x395
>>14284698
>>
>>14284706
>g-reco movie is the best movie ever!
>it is perfection!
>>
This had damn well better get me my goddamn Recten kit. Hecate if we're lucky.
>>
File: Moran G-Reco.jpg (176 KB, 913x720) Image search: [Google]
Moran G-Reco.jpg
176 KB, 913x720
HG Moran soon?
>>
>>14284735
I'm looking forward to a Wuxia. The one captial army MS they missed. Maybe we'll get Dellensen's Elf Bull?
>>
>>14284659
Why are you linking an old post?
>>
Aw shit, nice. I hope we get more top tier girl butt shots.
>>
File: 1443554123806.jpg (310 KB, 752x1062) Image search: [Google]
1443554123806.jpg
310 KB, 752x1062
So what are they going to cut down for time?

I assume the first few episodes will remain somewhat enact, then they'll cut down the part in the ocean a bit, probably cut down on the space battles a bit and we'll probably end around the moon race arriving or when they get to towasanga

>>14284874
>>
>>14284715
>It's the worst move ever made, it's offensive to both cinema and anime as art forms

This release will be the death of /m/.
>>
The movie is our only chance for MGs isn't it?
>>
>>14284951
>MGs
You might as wll just abandon all hope.
>>
I don't know how they'll do a compilation movie. G-Reco is already a crammed series, there's not much room for cutting stuff, particularly in the second half. I get a feeling it will be A New Translation all over again.
>>
So the future of the series rests on selling a "condensed" butchered tv series in movie form? Tomino/Banrise please. I supported the series the first time around, I don't want to pay for it again, in a much lesser form. Between this, IBO, and RE:Unicorn they are completely throwing away the goodwill Gundam's won back in the past few years.

>>14284959
The saving grace this go around is that G-Reco has half the episode count Zeta did. If they can get three 2 hour long movies it may not come out as horribly.
>>
File: 1442534408701.jpg (31 KB, 245x208) Image search: [Google]
1442534408701.jpg
31 KB, 245x208
>>14284659
FUCK YES

>>14284693
Google translate is struggling here, but it sounds like he's making it more straightforward?
>I was aware of the large issues that are missing from the stage of the scenario
> It's a thing of governance theory was quite aware, I did not come to learn again to do the TV plate
>by the time the film version may be made in the first run, was investigated this thing at the very beginning

Then there's another interview below where Tomino re-iterates that G is set 500 years after Turn-A, and a lot of other potentially interesting stuff about Turn A's history, black history etc.

>the work of non-Gundam is not this at all Dunbine
Damn

>>14284903
I thought the first few episodes worked really well, they don't need much changing and have plenty of exciting stuff that seems well suited to a movie. That part where Bellri runs away from a mobile suit while the ground breaks beneat his feet really stands out in my mind.

>>14284953
>>14284951
I wouldn't be surprised, it seems like they've been holding back on them for this. An MG G-Self or Arcane would be really, really nice; as would so many of the other designs.
>>
File: 1463806566591.jpg (139 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1463806566591.jpg
139 KB, 640x640
>>14284951
We'll either get a G-Self MG, get a new G-self backpack kit or we'll get an updated G-self seeing as the hg is a bit crappy

Very little chance for any other HGs, unless the movie does very well and thus more push is put behind movie 2. We may get some reboxed versions that come with a new hat.
>>
File: grecochartdevelopment4.jpg (1 MB, 2362x2818) Image search: [Google]
grecochartdevelopment4.jpg
1 MB, 2362x2818
I hope we get more worldbuilding so I can update my chart again!
>>
A story is a method with which one separates things into good and evil via their imagination. It is a system needed for people to keep themselves sane and deal with the unreasoning chaos of reality. Religion offers the story of salvation, for example. Likewise, morals and ethics could be defined as the most popular story of the people of the age. But while these stories are harmless as long as they're used to keep individuals calm, this changes when they're used as tools for a country or race. Stories like "jews are an inferior race that have to be purged" and "capitalists are devils and if you suicide bomb them you can go to heaven" brought about tragedies due to their popularity. For an example on a smaller scale, it's not uncommon that a story that one person regards as a "small love story" turns out to be to the world at large a kidnapping of a minor. At times, stories are a poison that can drive a person mad. This presents a dilemma to us creators: If there are infinite possibilities in writing, is it possible to write a story about the potential danger of stories? A story that renounces stories? Yes it is. Reconguista of G did it.
>>
The villains of G-Reco are the people who take the simple event of "the Crescent Moon Ship is coming from Venus" and add their own interpretations to twist it into a story with which they can move the world. The exact same thing that dictators and cult leaders have done throughout history. Belri stops them by going along with the flow and doing his best to handle only what's in front of him. That's why there's no intentional dramaturgy to be found in the story which is shown from his viewpoint, and instead it's like reading a replay of a tabletop RPG or watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel where you're left in a vagueness free of undulations with no clear rhythm. The easiest example of someone fooled by the danger of stories is Mask. As a passionate revolutionary who seeks to free the oppressed caste of the Kuntala, he at first seems to be more of a hero than Belri, who just wanders around with no clear goal. However, in the show itself, discrimination against the Kuntala is only mentioned, and not once seen.
>>
In other words, in the world of G-Reco, discrmination against the Kuntala exists only in Mask's imagination, and this is his "story". And in order to complete said story, he forces onto Belri the roleplaying of the villain. This is solely because Belri's lineage and surroundings contain elements that would make him a good villain for Mask. That Belri doesn't respond by arguing with his old friend dramatically is what makes G-Reco amazing. In the end, Belri doesn't commit himself to a greater good or fate or anything above his personal level, and at each point in time only does what he thinks he ought to do at the moment. No matter how much his ex-friend runs around going crazy, Aida's more important to him. And at the end of this one-sided game of tag completely out of place between a robot anime's protagonist and his rival, the final episode concludes with the unthinkable, in which he just abandons the fight and runs off in his core fighter. All that's left are people who are strong enough to live without the lies of stories. They are freed from the boring curses known as "catharsis" or "conclusions" and head towards the future. When I saw the end credits I was just moved, and exlaimed " they did it!". I had been worried about the limits of storytelling, and was just thankful for this slap from a veteran creator to me. Reconguista of G made me genki.
>>
>>14285079
It blows my mind flowcharts like that need to be made.

While I think G-Reco is very flawed, the events were not hard to follow at all.
The pacing was bad, and the dialogues were disjointed whenever attempting character interaction. But the events transpiring, factions and etc were nowhere as difficult to follow or confusing as I was led to believe by how much people complained about it.
>>
>>14285099

Honestly I mostly made it for my own enjoyment, but other people found it helpful.

Personally I don't mind if people need it. I'd love to help more people enjoy something I enjoyed so much.
>>
>>14285081
>>14285082
>>14285084
So... Urobutcher liked it?
>>
>>14285114

Yep.
>>
>>14285084
>They are freed from the boring curses known as "catharsis" or "conclusions" and head towards the future.

This is the kind of thing I wish /m/ critics would get. Often Tomino shows like Zeta or G-Reco get hate for not living up to standard canons of storyteling, when those constraints are not inherently good in themselves and are more so just conventions that people are so used to that they don't know how to think outside of them.
>>
>>14284698
>Compilation movie
>Sell

Welp it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>14285144

If they don't sell why does Sunrise keep making them?
>>
>>14284659
>I
>Rising on Earth
Wasn't that the title for the LAST episode?
>>
>>14285146
minimal extra work required other than a few seconds of new animation here and there, and some creative cutting room work
>>
>>14285163
It's a shit translation of "daichi ni tatsu", the title of the first episode of MSG.
>>
>>14285144
It needs to do well for compilation movie standards. No one is expecting it to sell like a completely new product.
>>
File: 456786.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
456786.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>14285125
As pretentious as it sounds, I think a lot of people just straight up don't get Tomino. Like people think Tominoisms is just because he writes weird, but he usually does have a point to doing it even if it's as simple as this is a key concept you should be thinking about when it comes to this show

>conventions that people are so used to that they don't know how to think outside of them.
This is exactly why many struggled with greco, and it is partly ironic that the show is about thinking for yourself and not basing it all on ideas from the past
>>
>>14285210

Japs seem to get his language better than us foreigners. I wouldn't be surprised if the subtitles were to blame for some of it, frankly.
>>
>>14285125
>This is the kind of thing I wish /m/ critics would get
Many on /m/ got it. /a/ is a lost cause here though.

>those constraints are not inherently good in themselves and are more so just conventions that people are so used to that they don't know how to think outside of them
Anime fans more than anyone else are very insecure when taken out of their comfort zone. You don't seek 2D waifus and other pandering bullshit when you can take on the real world heads on after all.
>>
>>14285219
For some of it, for sure.
Tomino dialogue is weird in any language, wheter it's deliberate or not. But what I've seen from G-Reco subs were pretty bad. They would often take translationd decisions that while not wrong grammar wise, are wrong context wise, and very obviously so.
>>
File: 1463597861963.png (378 KB, 785x650) Image search: [Google]
1463597861963.png
378 KB, 785x650
>>14285219
I think it is more that in the west if a story is about the military it is meant to be all strong big men who doesn't afraid of anything, when really it has only be very rarely that gundam is ever about that.

A great deal of Tomino gundam is full of comedy, even Victory and Zeta which are both at their heart kids shows. Yet you still see people getting bent out of shape that MS keep being stolen or that they are putting kids in robot
>>
>>14285222
I fail to see how escapism and having trouble to think outside conventions are related. And neither are a problem exclusive to anime fans. Just look at literally any videogame or literature discussion.
>>
>>14285230
I think the issue with G-Reco's reception is more that people try to conform it to the same model as most Gundams series. I remember a lot of complaints like "They're at war, why are they doing x" in the first few episodes, when it was pretty clear they were not at war (well, Ameria is on an unseen war with Gondwan, but that bears little wheight on the show). The Capital had just began it's remilitarization, pretty much every major group is broken into smaller factions trying to gain standing and power, not an unified military like most Gundam stories.

G-Reco's scenario is neither a total war nor a terrorism/resistance conflict, the two more common Gundam backgrounds, it's set in the period of growing tensions that can end up leading to a war.
>>
>>14285241

Yeah, and additionally most of the cast are religious types who have grown up in a long period of peace that are just getting access to military weapons for the first time. There's that sense of total unfamiliarity with mobile suits and battles throughout the show.
>>
>>14285146
They sell when the series they're condensing is still popular and not faded into irrelevancy like G-Reco.
>>
People just can't Tomino enough!

>When 0079, Zeta and to a lesser extent Turn A are some of the most heavily praised mecha shows ever

Keep using that excuse.
>>
>>14285067
>I was aware of the large issues that are missing from the stage of the scenario
Found the retard, G-Reco was flawless.
>>
>>14285266

Go away false flagger.
>>
File: 50387350_p0_master1200.jpg (176 KB, 1024x848) Image search: [Google]
50387350_p0_master1200.jpg
176 KB, 1024x848
>>14285241
That is part of the reason it gets compared to turn a so much, but even the the circumstances are pretty different

What does catch people is how the conflict is complex. Greco features a lot of fractions and concepts, thus people think this all must be very complex when really each fraction is quite easy to understand. The complexity comes from considering what each means and the implications that has, but people get themselves in a tissy thinking their must be more to it and usually inventing something which doesn't make sense
>>
File: jyyyxj.png (475 KB, 900x670) Image search: [Google]
jyyyxj.png
475 KB, 900x670
>>14285270
ignore him and just post cute pictures
>>
>>14284700
>complication movies
They will be complicated anon, you can bet on that
>>
File: 1427665217628.jpg (6 KB, 183x183) Image search: [Google]
1427665217628.jpg
6 KB, 183x183
We need a bonus scene detailing bellri's recipes for kuntala
>>
>>14285125

I wish people would get that just because you dislike a thing doesn't mean you didn't get it. It's fine to not have a conclusive ending. Having it doesn't automatically make your work good or immune to criticism though. Personally I think Urobutchi's entire interview stinks of pretentiousness trying to justify liking a thing instead of just liking it.
>>
File: Ca6baqSVIAEyqBF.jpg (36 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
Ca6baqSVIAEyqBF.jpg
36 KB, 600x566
>>14285289
>you'll never stuff a ripe kuntala and eat that rump
>>
>>14285290

Well, what didn't you like about G-reco that aren't things someone can argue that you didn't get?
>>
>>14285274
Where's Bellri and Gym?
>>
>>14285290
Personally I think your entire post stinks of pretentiousness trying to justify not liking a thing instead of just not liking it.
>>
File: CZ47_irUYAI3xds.png (208 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
CZ47_irUYAI3xds.png
208 KB, 600x700
>>14285290
>immune to criticism though.
He didn't say that though, but when you see discussion of greco most of the time it is very obvious some didn't get it when they struggle to tell the difference between capital guard and army. Their are valid criticisms of greco, only shitposters deny that

Also you do the exact same as saying people just didn't get it here just in reverse
> stinks of pretentiousness trying to justify liking a thing instead of just liking it.
Instead of "you didn't get it" you tried "he faked getting it"
>>
>>14285293

I never even said I didn't like G-reco. I was just making a general point.

However, I don't like it's pacing and the fact it doesn't explore new settings like Towasanga or Venus much. That's a subjective complaint though, I get that.

I don't think Raraiya adds much, especially in the first half and that the show would have been better off ditching her until the second half. I also think Aida's character never really fulfilled her potential and when she was given challenges (you need to become a captain for instance), she just ran away from them (at one point breaking down crying to Steer about it) instead of overcoming those challenges or deciding she didn't care about them.

It's a decent show, but hampered by a couple of problems. The pacing is the only big one to me though. I just prefer slower shows that explore things more, so G-reco was never going to suit me really.
>>
>>14285308

That's fair enough. I think the only reason it was 26 eps is because Tomino was concerned he didn't have enough stamina.
>>
>>14285316

Yea, that seems to be the case from interviews. It's a shame, and I wish he'd been willing to co -direct with someone or something, but that's how it is I guess. It just wasn't for me at the end of the day and I'm okay with that. Hopefully the movies are better, though really I just want to see what his next, fantasy mecha show is about.
>>
Reminder that perfect pack II will appear in the final g-reco movie
>>
File: 1463430192630.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1463430192630.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
>>14285331
It better be the toot toot gold pack
>>
>>14285308
>she just ran away from them (at one point breaking down crying to Steer about it) instead of overcoming those challenges or deciding she didn't care about them.
Her father just died. If she didn't cry or have any reaction you guys would be "BOOOO! SHIT WRITING! SHE IS A PLOT DEVICE NOT A CHARACTER!".
>>
>>14285355

She wasn't crying about him though and it was only being asked to take command that set her off. I'm pretty sure she'd even cried about his death already since you mention it.
>>
File: 1443553380411.jpg (597 KB, 888x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443553380411.jpg
597 KB, 888x1000
>>14285355
This is right, she was under a load of stress and then asked to lead everyone. Her actions make sense.

But so is >>14285308 in that that she didn't really get a good moment to tie it all together and show she has grown. We see it after the time skip but she really needed some big speech or something
>>
>>14284659
Gundam Reconguista I: Ris in G on Earth
>>
Just give me a GGG of Kun Soon, Steer, Manny and Barara and no one will get hurt, Tomino.
>>
>>14285374

I wouldn't even say the timeskip showed that. It showed her being happy more than anything, and that's fine, but her best moment in the final was asking everyone to work together to clean up once all the fighting was done.
>>
File: eeeeeeeh.jpg (63 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeh.jpg
63 KB, 640x360
>>14285289
Kuntala stroganoff
Kuntala steak and chips
Spaghetti with Kuntala meatballs
Kuntala sushi
Crispy fried Kuntala
Kuntala kebabs
Sunday Kuntala roast
Pulled Kuntala sandwich
Kuntala sausages

Make sure you prepare them in the halal way and kill them with a warning shot
>>
>>14285380
>>14285374

I actually thought her role was a lot earlier when she decided "fuck everyone let's go exploring" after the Dorrette fleet showed up, and then later on she met with the Venus Globe guy and learned why they're coming back to Earth. And then the flow-on was her and the Megafauna fighting both sides and stopping her own country's fleet because that was the best solution.

I don't think she had any big speeches, but G-Reco is the kind of show where I can believe she didn't need to, and naturally just encorporated her experiences into her judgement and behaviour.

I do think she'd have a larger role in a sequel film if such a thing does happen tho.

Oh, and she did one-shot Mask, that was cool too.
>>
File: 1449083589889.jpg (61 KB, 330x489) Image search: [Google]
1449083589889.jpg
61 KB, 330x489
>>14285385
>I don't think she had any big speeches, but G-Reco is the kind of show where I can believe she didn't need to,
This is true. I still think the could have emphasised some part of what she was now it would have worked better just to show her arc from unquestionably following people to being more of a young adult

She seemed to have become some sort of diplomat/envoy now so maybe just a line about what she was going to do would probably have been enough.
>>
>>14285385
>I don't think she had any big speeches, but G-Reco is the kind of show where I can believe she didn't need to
Well, it would be more surprising to see any character giving any sort of speech and be listened by the other characters.
Even all political meetings end up being characters making their demands or points and NOT listening to or even considering one another.
>>
>>14285385
>>14285393

She does actually try to give a few speeches, notably in captivity in the CT and much later on the way to Venus, but generally the people in those situations thought she was just spouting shit about stuff she didn't understand.
>>
File: wsredxfjh.png (273 KB, 530x754) Image search: [Google]
wsredxfjh.png
273 KB, 530x754
>>14285399
>Even all political meetings end up being characters making their demands or points and NOT listening to or even considering one another.
sounds pretty realistic

>>14285401
The best one is in the crescent moon ship where she is going on all about energy and just gets told bitch you are repeating shit you learnt in school as well

Her face is great there
>>
>>14285399

Yeah I like that. Every time you see a bunch of political types start to talk the camera starts to pan away and let their dialogue fade out, "let's see what the other characters are doing".
>>
>mfw can post an old article on the equivalent of japanese animesuki and convince many anons something is happening

is g-reco fanbase really struggling to believe the article is anything more than speculation?
>>
>>14285607
I'm just waiting for the thread to devolve into r34 of Aida.
>>
File: 1410924359243.jpg (506 KB, 1003x1416) Image search: [Google]
1410924359243.jpg
506 KB, 1003x1416
>>14285609
We can't get there but we can get pretty close
>>
>>14285628
Why is Aida so healthy?
>>
>>14285219
To an extent, that's kinda what happened with several Gundam series and Ideon basically having touched up HK bootleg subs for a long time. But Tomino writes fucking weird in any language.
>>
File: 46503883_p0.jpg (618 KB, 1200x1350) Image search: [Google]
46503883_p0.jpg
618 KB, 1200x1350
>>14285777
kuntala is nutritious
>>
File: 1417256097439.jpg (519 KB, 1010x1765) Image search: [Google]
1417256097439.jpg
519 KB, 1010x1765
>>14285786
>Aida
>Filthy Kuntala
pick one
>>
File: mick.jpg (164 KB, 417x788) Image search: [Google]
mick.jpg
164 KB, 417x788
>>14285818
>pick one
Do we have to? Kuntala or no, we lovers of health must unite to defeat the flat chest loli menace.
>>
>>14284659
sequel or compilation?
>>
MG G-Self incoming?
>>
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/85341

Some new news.
>>
File: barara vs mick.jpg (404 KB, 450x1019) Image search: [Google]
barara vs mick.jpg
404 KB, 450x1019
>>14285843
oi cunt
>>
>>14285889
Why does it talk of trilogy if we know already they are only going to make one? Also why OVA? Wasn't that going to be a movie?
>>
File: so_old_so_tired.jpg (503 KB, 1000x1419) Image search: [Google]
so_old_so_tired.jpg
503 KB, 1000x1419
pls don't fail him japan

its likely this is his last hurrah
>>
According to that blog, it's an all new work from the storyboard. Not a compilation movie. Tomino is a bit more hands-off due to health reasons, but the studio is following his vision.
>>
>>14286168
>Tomino is a bit more hands-off due to health reasons,
Pls no
>>
>>14286168
I'm not too familiar with Japanese anime blogs, any particular reason that blog be considered a trustworthy source? Didn't see that anywhere else.

Also health issues of people involved with a ongoing work are usually downplayed or striaght out kept secret until it's done or there's no way to bullshit around it anymore. I find it very weird the nonchalant way it goes about health reasons.
>>
>>14286192
Also the very claim of the movie being a complete rework of the series from scratch would likely have made news elsewhere, even if it's just a rumor.
>>
>>14286168
>Tomino is a bit more hands-off due to health reasons
>>14285931
>its likely this is his last hurrah
oh no

its happening
>>
>>14286168
He better not die yet, he needs to direct another anime to redeem himself after the G-Reco fiasco. I don't want G-Reco to be his last work.
>>
>>14286202
It's pretty unlikely anything Tomino makes at this point will be a success widely accepted as great, so there will be a lot of people who will consider it a fiasco even if you happen to like it.

There's no escape, his last work will fuel /m/ shitposting for years to come.
>>
>>14285931
I thought for sure I heard he was making some kind of Ideon reboot
>>
>>14286168
FUCK
>>
>>14286192
>any particular reason that blog be considered a trustworthy source?
On the contrary, I've seen a lot of people being extremely distrustworthy of yaraon.
Either way, I cannot access any of the yaraon links ITT, I just get "403 Forbidden", so I can't tell you if it's fake or anything
>>
>>14286216
I heard he is already thinking about future projects, but nothing specific was revealed. If I'm not mistaken, he mentioned something along those lines in an interview. Or it's just /m/ making shit up.

That's why most agree that even if the G-Reco movie does well, it either doesn't get a sequel or its another movie. Tomino's unwillingness to be in long running projects probably means he won't do a new tv series until this mysterious project of his.
>>
>>14286216
He had several plans; the said reboot, a Hollywood adaptation of Gundam, and the new fantasy project. It'd be a pity if none of those see the day, though he definitely had an enduring life.

>>14286168
>but the studio is following his vision
If this is true, he needed to do that sooner or later. He generally works better when story responsibilities are divided among the staff.
>>
>>14286192
>any particular reason that blog be considered a trustworthy source
It's an infamous shitty clickbait akushitsu affi-kei matome blog alongside Jin and Hachima.

They're the Japanese equivalent of Kotaku and Gawker, only a million times worse because they don't give a shit and just run whatever the fuck gossip and rumours they want.

Draw your own conclusions.
>>
File: agnesskaku2.png (697 KB, 815x4413) Image search: [Google]
agnesskaku2.png
697 KB, 815x4413
>>14286258
>They're the Japanese equivalent of Kotaku and Gawker, only a million times worse because they don't give a shit and just run whatever the fuck gossip and rumours they want.

On the bright side though, you can totally e-mail them whatever you want and ruin a femnazi's career.
>>
>>14286258
>only a million times worse because they don't give a shit and just run whatever the fuck gossip and rumours they want.
That's pretty much Kotaku and Gawker though.
>>
>>14284659
another compilation movie? do you think they'll try to add a scenes? it would be awesome if it's a sequel movie.
>>
I remember new translation did well for it's time
>>
>>14285107
Keep up the good work anon. you are cool dude
>>
>>14286168
>http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/85341
>It should be noted that Tomino director is absent for studio work.

Can't bullshit a bullshitter.

>but the studio is following his vision.
Good luck with that.
>>
>>14285084
>>14285082
>>14285081
I really liked the Urobuchi's idea of G-reco
>>
>>14286323
>you now realize you want an Urobutcher led Gundam series
>>
>>14285607
>using mfw without a pic
faggot
>>
>>14286337
i don't mind watching that trainwreck. sunrise fucking hire him already
>>
>>14286337
Wasn't Yurobutcher the guy behind A/Z, though?
>>
>>14286365
He was only contracted for the setting idea, he was never involved in any of the writing.
>>
>>14286365
He wrote like the first three episodes and did a "plan" for the series that the other writters discarded. He even joked about not having any part on the atroucious season 1 finale.
>>
>>14286337
>>14286354
At the very least, it'd be more entertaining than IBO.
>>
>>14285289
raw pussy
>>
>>14286354
Seeing what happened with IBO and Mari Okada, I doubt he'd be given enough creative control.
It's more likely they just have him lay out a setting and overplay his involvement like A/Z and Gargantia did.
>>
>>14286393
Except he was the head writer of Gargantia
>>
>>14286403
Was he? Sorry for the wrong information then.
Still, I always heard it's more director Murata's brainchild than Urobuchi's. That's why I assumed Urobuchi's involvement was overplayed in marketing campaing because he was very popular at the time.
>>
>>14286403
Shhh he has only written Psycho Pass and Fate/Zero.

Anything else was not his fault
>>
>>14286403
>>14286411
But there's nothing wrong with Gargantia.
>>
>>14286411
And Psycho Pass is shit.
>>
>>14286411
I'm the one that thought he had little involvement with Gargantia, and I like that show.
And Psycho-Pass is pretty much as flawed.
>>
>>14286413
Just like there's nothing wrong with IBO.
>>
>>14286418
>A lot of Newtypes are not Spacenoids though.
S2 wasn't written by him. S1 has a cult following of a sort
>>
>>14286419
Psycho-Pass is fantastic, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>14286434
It's shit in general. S2 is just worse.

>>14286442
It has an interesting premise, but the execution and the characters are lackluster. The thing bothered me the most about it was Makishima going "wikiquote" all the freaking time. That's not how you write an "intelligent" person.
>>
>>14286217
Christ, will 2016 take him down too!?
>>
>>14286460
I don't think Makishima's talks about literature were meant to make him intelligent and cultured. He's just comparing patterns and situations he's seeing in the society to fiction he enjoys, almost always in a mocking manner.

He is acting condescending towards the established system.

I like him but I can see how others will find that trait annoying.

The characters are very lackluster, though most have their moments, and the narrative suffers from pacing problems. But other than that I think the story he told and overal themes were handled well. They're nothing new or out of the ordinary (in fact, the whole thing ends up feeling like Urobuchi paying homage to scifi works he likes) but it's decent enough for me.

Second season was trash.
>>
>>14286460
>It's shit in general.

>It has an interesting premise, but the execution and the characters are lackluster.

So what is it?
If you can't say why it's shit, and just your own, incredibly uncommon opinion, you're probably not worth listening to.
>>
>>14286526
>incredibly uncommon
A lot of people think Psycho Pass is bad or at least very overrated.I like it but I think it's execution is flawed in several aspects.
>>
>>14286526
If you look at what you quoted, you can see why I think the show is shit. It is executed in an lackluster way, and the characters are pretty plain, even if they have moments here and there which they shine. It does have an interesting premise and some world building bits are pretty appealing too.

>>14286518
He was meant to be a really intelligent person, and they failed at it because Makishima only showed his intelligence by quoting other people. It's a failure that lots of writers make when they try to write a character way more smart than themselves .
>>
>>14286365
He wrote up the initial scenario, which then got shat on; then he wrote a few episode scripts after which I don't think he had any further involvement.

He's not a great scriptwriter but he's a lot safer than many other contemporaries that get hired all the time. At least he seems to love Tomino and UC, so there'd be the hope that if he ever was involved it would be decent in some way.
>>
>>14286569
I think they tried to show his intelligence by his planning and manipulation, not just by his quotes. I think they succeed somewhat as he manages to cause major unrest with few well timed actions. If they succeed at making him seem smart or just make everyone else look retard by comparison it's up to you.

His quotes did get annoying "look at how intelligent this character is" but were not all there was to him. Most of his quotes also come when he's mocking people's actions or the system's structure, so it's difficult to tell if they were intended to make him sound smart or just full of himself.
>>
>>14286623
Just to complete that line of thought, it could be meant to make him look full of himself in retrospect. Because in the end he for all intents and purposes ran in circles, failing to make any kind of damage to the system.

That's up to debate because intent is something difficult to tell. There's no way of knowing if he's meant to look super intelligent, above everything at first but just ignorant of his own insignificance in retrospect or if his dialogue was meant to be taken at face value.
>>
>>14286623
>>14286637

For me the problem was that it was an ever present "quirk" of his. People that are smart do quote, but they don't go all the way quoting line after line from some novel to make a point. Paraphrasing is a thing that someone like him would use a lot, specially if it was intended as mockery.

I should point out that I liked what they wanted to do with him, even if I didn't really like how they executed it.
>>
>>14286518
>I don't think Makishima's talks about literature were meant to make him intelligent and cultured. He's just comparing patterns and situations he's seeing in the society to fiction he enjoys, almost always in a mocking manner.
I thought it was a parody of the final confrontation with the Laughing Man from GitS.
>>
>>14285067
>there's another interview below where Tomino re-irterates that G is set 500 years after Turn-A
I don't think that was a reiteration, I believe that was a transcript of the one and only time when Tomino made that statement about a timeline. I'd know for sure if I took the time to check the names, I know Bellri's VA was sitting there. Everyone sounds surprised, and someone's checking Twitter, that reminds me of the original interview.

>>14286263
>I ruined a feminazi's career with an email and social media! We did it, 4chan!
It's funny how these people use the exact same tactics as their feminazis do. Horseshoe theory.
>>
>>14284659
>Yaraon
Guys weren't these dudes sketchy with info in the past?
Do we have any reason to trust em?
>>
>>14287347
Not at all.
But hype is hype, I guess.
>>
>>14287347

>>14286258
>>
>>14284659
I wonder if true?
>>
>>14284659
another link if people are curious

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8561803.html
>>
>>14286530
>A lot of people think Psycho Pass is bad or at least very overrated
On 4chan

But the general audience both in the west and japan doesn't.
>>
>>14290991
Cool horseshit bro
>>
File: GReco event.webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
GReco event.webm
3 MB, 710x400
>Tomino stands back to let the seiyuus to be main actors of this event
Damn you Tommy, you get me everytime.
Aida's VA a cute
>>
File: Gundam G no Reconguista[SP07].webm (3 MB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
Gundam G no Reconguista[SP07].webm
3 MB, 710x400
Will the movie remain unsubbed just like the specials are?
>>
File: Gundam G no Reconguista][SP08].webm (1003 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gundam G no Reconguista][SP08].webm
1003 KB, 1280x720
G-Arcane full Dress a cute
>>
Dharma's harem
>>
>>14290991
I've seen plenty of mixed reviews elsewhere.

4chan bears stronger dislike towards it because it's popular, but there's a lot of people out there that think Psycho-Pass didn't live up to it's potential and hype.
>>
>>14285099
Yeah it was easy to follow, it just felt you were reading a bullet list of plot events, rather than an actual story. No setup or transition between anything.
>>
>>14291138

Is there a transcript available of the stage show where Tomino said that Turn-A was 500 years before G-Reco? I've seen the blog summations of the nolife interview about it, but I just recall people talking about Tomino saying it on stage originally and someone being rung who said they'd always known it and so on, so I'm curious if there's more stuff translated there I guess.
>>
>>14291185
>Is there a transcript available of the stage show where Tomino said that Turn-A was 500 years before G-Reco? I
https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/
>>
>>14291035
Can you do one of g-self shooting the reckten?
>>
>>14290806
>esuteru

>>14286258
>>
>>14291173
Nah you're just stupid
>>
>>14291173
Transitions were problematic, so was the pacing, I agree.
But I disagree about setup, there were plenty of episodes of setup and build up of the relations between factions and their goals.
>>
>>14292387
This one?
>>
>>14292785
gself you have killed him and now you will be grounded for three thousand nine hundred seventy two days four hours and ten minutes
>>
>>14291008
Whose pussy do you think Tomino licked?
>>
Is there any difference between HorribleSubs and OZC for G-Reco?
>>
>>14296009
OZC are HS tidied up a bit and put on blu-rays.
>>
>>14296056
The subs are the same between the two though, right?
>>
>>14284659
>Rising on Earth
Does Banrise not have a single person on the staff whit a good grasp of the English language? Not one?
>>
>>14296249
IBO had perfectly readable English.
>>
>>14285078
Shit, it's gonna be Correct Century all over again. ;_;
>>
>>14292785
Warning shot indeed.
>>
>>14285107
I agree. We need this kind of attitude more often instead of calling people that they didn't understand G-Reco stupid (THEY ARE, but it doesn't help the series at all).
>>
>>14284764
STANDING
>>
>>14284659
So... is reconguista whatever actually worth watching? I never bothered watching anything Gundam related since the disappointing Unicorn
>>
>>14304975
Yes, specially if you found Unicorn disappointing.
One detail though, pay a lot of atention since the pace is fast and you could miss some important details.
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.