[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prg/- Power Rangers General #92
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
Y NO TITANIUM? edition

/prg/ Faqs http://pastebin.com/unt9B5hG

Where to watch dino charge:

http://awesomedl.ru/?s=power+rangers&x=0&y=0

http://rapidmoviez.com/power-rangers-dino-charge

Previous Thread >>13643685
>>
>>13682737
Blame the horrible Japanese children who didn't like Gobusters.

>All Zords have at least 2 modes
>All Zords have some form of utility or combat ability outside of combing
>Two Zords have independent MegaZord Modes
>Both of those Zords can also equip the same 2 Zords for a similar mode
>A third Megazord that's made up of two independent pieces
>In some miracle there isn't any one form that combines with all 6 Zords
>>
File: karone.jpg (30 KB, 736x559) Image search: [Google]
karone.jpg
30 KB, 736x559
First for best girl
>>
File: lbsm.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lbsm.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>13683014
>>
After I watched Linkaras megaforce review, I have to say, I liked his suggestion about using the cards to transform into past rangers instead of the ranger keys. It would have been to see them do such a thing in show.

Would anyone have liked to see this happen? It would mean we get the pirate suits from Gokaiger. But It might have made for a better show. Plus I also liked his idea of having the Goseiger mecha become the Gokaiger mecha like how they handles the thunderzords.
>>
>>13683179

Whoops meant to say we wouldn't get the pirate suits from Gokaiger.
>>
>>13683179

Anything would have been better than what we got, which was nothing.
>>
>>13683179
there's a simple explanation-
>>
>>13683179
There were several ways they could have gone about the the transition that would have been much better than what we got, but most of them would have required a lot of new footage that clearly we're not allowed to have. Even if they wanted to cut down on the original footage, why the fuck didn't they just have them discard the Megaforce powers in favor of the Super Megaforce powers? The way they did it required the creation of original footage to the DETRIMENT of the show, which is fucking outrageous.
>>
>>13682996
Then they'll have to explain why Titanium Ranger looks like this.
>>
>>13683429
>RANGERS, YOUR OLD MORPHERS GOT FUCKED UP, BUT I CONSOLIDATED THE ESSENCE OF YOUR ORIGINAL POWERS INTO KEYS

They chose the worst thing to not be lazy about
>>
>>13683179
That'd have required extensive new footage and the keys usage is not even one of the many many flaws of the show.
>>
>>13683515
I still don't really know how that visor physically... is. There's a clear visor where the regular one should be... and then a black visor beneath the mouthplate? How is there any room for the suit actor's face?
>>
>>13683575
I always thought the clear visor just fucks up with the lighting on the pics.
>>
>>13683575
>black visor beneath the mouthplate
I think the actor's just wearing a balaclava or something
>>
>>13683179
>I liked his suggestion about using the cards to transform into past rangers instead of the ranger keys.

Why use the cards instead of the Ranger Keys though? You'd already be shooting original footage of the Gosei suits transforming into past Rangers, why not give them the Mobirates and Ranger Keys while you're at it?
>>
>>13683429
>why the fuck didn't they just have them discard the Megaforce powers in favor of the Super Megaforce powers?

They even used the footage of the Tensouders getting rusted over in the Megaforce finale. It would have been so easy to use that as an excuse for why they need new powers. But nope, the Tensouders/Megaforce morphers are rust free again in minutes.
>>
>>13683014
>>13683082
this nigga gets it
>>
>watching Time Force
>"Lovestruck Rangers"
>Wes doesn't immediately fall under the love spell because he has feelings for Jen
>When Jen finds out that Wes has a date, she is really put out and can only say "Yeah... that's great"

It's so cliched, but I fucking love their romance. Maybe I should just hand in my man card and watch Love Actually or some shit.
>>
>>13684262
Good romance is a good romance, cliches or not. The fact that Erin and Jason had a great chemistry helps.
>>
>>13683179
>I liked his suggestion about using the cards to transform into past rangers instead of the ranger keys.

They problem with that is they would've have to create entirely new footage using cards instead of keys and they are under contract with Toei to use a percentage of the footage from both Goseiger and Gokaiger.

The problems isn't them transforming into the Gokai suits.....the problem was that you had a lazy producer who wanted to do the bare minimal and half ass everything. Gokaiger was essentially handed to them on a silver platter and they had a 2 year head start when Gokaiger began to get pre-production started and come up with ideas for a good anniversary season.
>>
>>13684396

It still amazes me that they managed to completely skim over Sakamoto's Gokaiger episodes that had clear homages to Power Rangers. How do you fuck something up so badly when it's handed to you for free?
>>
Im glad they're all on Netflix. I missed watching Carter being a badass nutcase.

>>13684430
>Saban post-disney
>not fucking it up royally

Pick one, friend.
>>
>>13684513
You know, looking at their plans for Star Wars, PR is basically what Disney really wants: a franchise with new content every year. If they'd decided to keep it post-RPM, you can bet your ass we'd get Go-Busters adapted - not because it's good (never seen it myself) but because it's material to be made into new content.
>>
Posting the only good thing from Turbo ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RNRLVXXsmw

We need more Zords transforming while fighting
>>
>>13684513

I like that Carter is essentially written with the personality of Superman. He's just a straight up american hero.

I watched Lightspeed Rescue for the first time through recently, so here's my mini-review.

It starts off really strong, and it was really refreshing with how different it was. There was a lot of focus on rescuing civilians, and the characters were just strong focused heroes. Even Joel, who some people accuse of being a dick, will immediately drop the attitude and get to work when the situation calls for it.

The Titanium Ranger has a really cool design, and a nice backstory. It's just unfortunate that his appearances were so limited. And, I can't entirely blame the lack of Sentai footage. There are plenty of episodes after Ryan leaves that have close to 100% original footage, outside of Zord fights.

Unfortunately, around the time Ryan departs, there's way less focus on the civilian rescuing scenes, and more on the traditional Monster fights and gadgets. Which is ok, but just a bit disappointing after such an interesting start to the season. I actually did like the infighting amongst the demons, even if it wasn't quite up to the standard of Lost Galaxy's villains.

Overall, it's a pretty good season, but doesn't quite live up to the promise of the first third of the episodes.
>>
>>13685513

We need more action from individual zords, full stop. That's one thing I appreciated about the MMPR movie, they destroy one of the ectomorphicons before they even go into Megazord mode.
>>
Started re-watching Lost Galaxy. And, man. What a great opening 2-parter. It introduces Rangers and teases villains.
>>
>>13685513
the theme was pretty good
>>
>>13684430
>they ducking skipped the "wrong Gold ranger key" joke
I'll straight up never forgive them for that
>>
>>13687019
It's funny how that joke works in both sentai and PR but for different reasons. (though I feel it works better in sentai but still)
>>
The Quantasaurus Rex is such a cool design. Probably the coolest Sixth Ranger Zord since the Dragonzord. It's a shame the toy is designed around the automorph gimmick. It means that buying it secondhand is a crapshoot, so many of them can't transform for shit now.
>>
>>13687262
I like Dino Charge's Gold Pterodactyl and it's megazord form a bit more, but, yeah, Q-Rex is great.
>>
File: 56789765678.jpg (85 KB, 425x450) Image search: [Google]
56789765678.jpg
85 KB, 425x450
>>13687019
>>13684430
>>
Are we ever likely to get a 4-ranger Core Team in PR/Sentai? Why is it always 3 or 5?
>>
>>13688165
You mean like JAKQ?
>>
>>13688202

Ah, I forgot about JAKQ. But still, that's the only time so far, isn't it? That was a long ass time ago.
>>
>>13683179
As much I don't care for Linkara as a person, I do empathize with him in regards to his exasperation at how fucking terrible both seasons of Megaforce were.

At the very least, he's probably enjoying Dino Charge much more than Megaforce.

It's already doing some things better than Kyoryuger; namely in that the Red Ranger's not receiving assloads of focus, and they're actually developing the romantic relationship between Red and Pink, unlike in the Sentai, where it was literally out of fucking nowhere. Based Judd Lynn is based.
>>
>>13688165
An odd-numbered team allows you to have one character in the center of a lineup. Even-numbered teams only really work when you have two in the middle who sort of come as a pair - Geki/Jason and Burai/Tommy both work well that way.
>>
File: haim_a.jpg (45 KB, 349x466) Image search: [Google]
haim_a.jpg
45 KB, 349x466
>>13683179

nah, would require reshooting/making original footage, which cost time and money no matter how simple and with regards to toy sales, it's more profit to sell 3 keys for ~12$ than to sell card packs for ~5$.

In short, people would have to spend more for keys than cards.
>>
>Watch Aba and Dino Thunder at the same time
>They really did fell like two different shows

Why was Doug so based?
>>
>>13689762
>People still blame Saban for it when it was proven that it was Tzachor that wrecked everything
>>
>You know, looking at their plans for Star Wars, PR is basically what Disney really wants: a franchise with new content every year.

You would think so, but PR just wasn't popular enough for them to push it the way it deserves. Remember, the license was acquired as an afterthought when Disney bought Fox Family. It's a wonder they put in any effort at all, even if it was waning before RPM.

>>13686109
This, full-stop. I miss the days where everybody dog-piled on the MotW with their individual zord's artillery instead of jumping straight to the Megazord. Really made them feel like a coordinated squad, you know?
>>
>>13689893
Fuck, meant to link >>13684881 in the first portion.

>>13689867
It is kind of his fault Tzachor was promoted to showrunner, nepotism and all that. He's responsible even if not directly involved.
>>
>>13689918
>Saban after Samurai
>"......okay, John hasn't done this in awhile, I'll let it slide."
>Saban after SMF
>".....wtf, dude."
>>
>>13688610

I remember it being a kid and finding it awkward that there were 6 rangers on the cover of the VHS of MMPR: The Movie, because of that very reason.
>>
>>13690180

>it being a kid

It's early, I'm tired, shut up.
>>
is it true that bandai pissed japan off and that's the reason why we get inferior molds for the toys?
>>
File: 1451359785757.jpg (10 KB, 200x247) Image search: [Google]
1451359785757.jpg
10 KB, 200x247
>>13688319
I'm going to be honest, Dino charge's first season is kinda lackluster to me.
the fact that Sledge and his crew seem to have been wiped out entirely by the crash is a major bummer.
also, hoping nick pulls their heads outta their asses and stops this two seasons bullshit, even tough they probably won't
>>
>>13690249
Besides Wallmart driving what goes on their shelves and Power Rangers having sold more action figures than robot toys in America. They probably figured that American parents are more likely to buy two megazord sets for the price of one Japanese one.
>>
>>13690258
Sledge took a bomb in the face and walked away. He is probably alive. I mean, I don't think they would make a unique costume and then use only in 20 episodes. Everybody else is most definately alive, too. Hell, there was a ressurection scene in Kyoryuger. If anything, they'll probably use Sledge's crew and put them against new generals.
>>
>>13690271
>low quality
>high quality
Pick one
>>
Are there any PR series that are considered better than their Sentai counterpart?
>>
>>13689867
It's expected, people still bash the Disney era even though is long over and all of it was better than most neo-saban shows so far. And hating Saban has been a meme for years.

And him being a jew certainly doesnt help.
>>
>>13690249
Toys for both countries are made by Bandai, the inferior molds are entirely their choice.

That said, I guess the molds are worse to make them cheaper for parents and avoid PCfags complaints.
>>
>>13690615
Generally RPM and In Space are considered better than their counterparts by the PR fanbase.

And Zeo and Ninja Storm are too, though that's more because their counterparts are bland as fuck rather than a merit of the PR version.
>>
>>13690645

>PCfags complaints

Eh?
>>
>>13690696
As in people who are too PC like why they have to put the orange tip on guns now a days (which to be fair has been going on since the late 80's if I remember correctly)
>>
>>13690719

Not really sure what that's got to do with Power Rangers, but ok.
>>
>>13690738
The PR versions of gun toys have different colored tips on their gun toys so they dont look like real weapons.
>>
>>13690615
What >>13690653 said. Personally, liked Lost Galaxy more than Gingaman. Generally, PR and Sentai are on the same level or Sentai is a little bit better.
And Dino Charge>first part of Kyoryuger.
>>
>>13690719
>>13690838
But that has nothing to do with being PC. It's an actual law because autismos like PR fans are too stupid to not go around waving gun-shaped objects at police.
>>
>>13690861
Here's your reply
>>
>>13690867
But it is an actual law meant to protect the public. There's no pandering to the politically correct, Bandai is legally not allowed to ship toy guns. It has nothing to do with them lowering the quality of their molds in America.

>(a) Acts prohibited
>It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm unless such firearm contains, or has affixed to it, a marking approved by the Secretary of Commerce, as provided in subsection (b).
>(b) Distinctive marking or device; exception; waiver; adjustments and changes
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) or (3), each toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm shall have as an integral part, permanently affixed, a blaze orange plug inserted in the barrel of such toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm. Such plug shall be recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel of such firearm.
>>
File: pink22ar15.jpg (33 KB, 500x189) Image search: [Google]
pink22ar15.jpg
33 KB, 500x189
>>13690902

Plus, in a country full of guns that are wielded by children, and look like this, it's handy to have the orange tip, so cops know when not to kill.
>>
RPM Yellow Ranger = Best Ranger
>>
>>13691207

Best in what sense? She was pretty bland, I thought. Though I did like her relationship with Dillon.
>>
>>13691207
Not even best female yellow.
>>
>>13690902
>There's no pandering to the politically correct
Have you seen any kind of recent non-japanese media?
Why do you think that law exists anyways?

> It has nothing to do with them lowering the quality of their molds in America.
It does, you just explained it.
>>
>>13691343

>Why do you think that law exists anyways?

To stop people dying preventable deaths? Is that considered PC now? I struggle to keep up.
>>
>>13691471
Good thing they painted the tips of the guns then, I mean, do you know how many actual guns have dinosaur faces and are yellow?
>>
>>13690653
yea... killing zordon is the best thing happen in in space.
>>
File: Kira_Ford.jpg (46 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
Kira_Ford.jpg
46 KB, 600x458
whose your rangerfu /prg/?
pic is mine
>>
File: IMG_5904.jpg (54 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5904.jpg
54 KB, 600x800
>>13693131
>>
>>13693131

Some of mine:

In Space Pink
Lightspeed Pink
Time Force Pink AND Yellow
Ninja Storm Blue
Dino Thunder Hayley
RPM: Gemma
>>
File: Hnnnggg.jpg (77 KB, 500x1221) Image search: [Google]
Hnnnggg.jpg
77 KB, 500x1221
>>13693152
>>
File: yuiogftkj.png (133 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
yuiogftkj.png
133 KB, 400x307
>>
Is it wrong to love the Wild Force and Dino Thunder Themes?
>>
>>13693541
No?

I think no one's arguing that they don't rate.
>>
>>13691669

>>13690934
>>
>>13690180
As sort of an amateur student of design, this cover is actually quite interesting.
>ok so how do we do this
>well ya gotta put the leader in the center
>then his second-in-command, former leader himself
>how about this - put the leader's girlfriend on the other side, maybe we could figure in a love triangle
>on second thought never mind about the love triangle
>then we put the nerd and the asian girl - they're a couple, right?
>awesome, it's golden, I love it
>oh shit we forgot the black guy
>uhhhh put him on the right next to the Asian girl
>no I dont' care that he's almost completely obscured, we need him on the poster
Even better when I learned that Walter Jones was cast as the Black Ranger because he had the second-highest amount of sentai footage (Red was highest) and they wanted to give a black character a prominent role.
>>
>>13693610
Black and Yellow were Aisha and Adam in the movie though.
>>
>>13693618
>what do you mean, "recast"
>how do they expect to maintain a brand when they switch out not one but two of their main characters
>well now the black one is closer to the front, and hey she's a girl! Two for one!
>and the new black guy uh I mean the new guy in black probably isn't going to do any more acting anyway
>nice voice though
>>
>>13693618
>yellow became black
>black became yellow
adam is technically chinese right?
>>
>>13693660
He's a half-gook.
>>
>>13693610

Interestingly, Kimberly actually appears to be the closest thing to a second-in-command in the movie.
>>
I like Kat more than Kimberly
>>
>>13693610
>former leader
Rocky was never the leader
>>
>>13693822
>what do you mean "recast"
>>
Happy New Year, /prg/
>>
File: My wife.webm (3 MB, 1432x810) Image search: [Google]
My wife.webm
3 MB, 1432x810
>>13693500
>>
>>13693610
>being this casual
Nigga, did you even watch the movie at least?
>>
>>13694631
There arent enough Kasumi lewds
>>
>>13693541
DT is a based af theme
>>
What kind of theme would you like to see in a future PR/Sentai series?

Personally, I'd like another Martial Arts themed series, similar to Jungle Fury, perhaps with less focus on animal spirits.
>>
>>13696565
train
>>
>>13696565
I want pirates. Pure pirate gimmick without 'transforming into other rangers' gimmick. One of my problems with Gokaiger was the fact that they took a really cool gimmick that could have been great with cool power-ups on its own and wasted it.
I always thought that team based on legendary creatures (like yokais) would be cool. Unfortunately, Sentai is determined to use yokais and other mystical creatues as villains. They can use 'draw a symbol' gimmick again for transformation.
>>
Do you think Super Dino Charge will draw upon Deathryuger? With the movie, giving them a lot of good looking footage to use and his return in the main show, albeit in his monster form only, he is a purely evil ranger and features the first 10 Rangers scene in Kyoryuger.
>>
>>13696798
nope
>>
>>13696798
Would have been dead set on no if not for them using one of the villains from the Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters movie.
>>
File: The_Winged_Mega_Voyager.jpg (21 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
The_Winged_Mega_Voyager.jpg
21 KB, 400x302
Winged Megazords (especially when the wings aren't the default, but added by a 6th Ranger Zord/Auxilary Zord) are the best. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: Ninja_megafalconzord_2.jpg (39 KB, 464x396) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_megafalconzord_2.jpg
39 KB, 464x396
>>13696849

Is that even a question?
>>
>>13696798
Pretty sure toys having the mention of Talon Ranger in them confirmed they'll be using him in some compasity.
>>
>>13696841
They used Shinkenger movie, Shinkenger v-cinema and Goseiger movie footage already.

>>13696798
They wont waste a chance to promote another toy, and the sound is already on the morpher. I dont see why not, specially given there's Snide, which will already require originalfootage.
>>
>>13696565
As another anon said, proper pirate theming would be neat.

Then
>all marine animals
>all bug team
>constellations
>trains (but not with shit designs)
>bikes (KR killed any chance of this happening though, I thought that maybe with Drive having a care they would give the sentai team some bikes but they didnt)
>ancient gods
>>
>>13696950

Kamen Rider also puts a kibosh on bugs.
>>
>>13696950
masked rider is a theme
>>
>>13682996
you know why you fucking cheeky cunt
>>
>>13697127
>what is a joke
>>
>>13697080

I heard somewhere that the agreement between Sentai and Kamen Rider specifies that Sentai can't have a team based on Insects, if the current KR is insect-themed. Of course, most of them are, so it doesn't give them a lot of window for it.
>>
File: jayne.jpg (108 KB, 500x649) Image search: [Google]
jayne.jpg
108 KB, 500x649
>>13694631
>>
>>13697216
KR hasnt been actively insect-themed for a long while though, Kabuto was the last season that was heavy on that motif.

And sentai had the Gouraigers during Ryuki's run too.
>>
>>13696950
>all marine animals
>Power Rangers: Water Level
No thanks
>ancient gods
I wroteup an Olympian-themed PR
>>13696565
I'd love to see that, JF's fights were so fucking good
>>
>>13696950
>ancient gods
mystic force?
>>
>>13697668
To be fair, I dont like them sticking to the motif too much. I was thinking more like suits and mechs based on marine animals, but not necesarilly the plot of the show.

Similar to how Jetman's plot has shit to do with birds, they should return to that kind of shows.

>>13697696
Well, there's that. I was thinking more on actual gods like Zeus, Thor and the kind, not mythological creatures. Thor exists in the PR universe anyways.
>>
Guys, may I ask you a question?
I watched PR when I was a kid and I liked them, I watched from Mighty Morphin until In Space, then I stopped until Wild Force and then I watched Ninja Storm and that's it. Then I discovered sentai and began with Gekiranger, I loved it and tried to watch an episode of Jungle Fury, I hated it. And I happen to dislike every PR based on a sentai I have watched. Anyway, what I want to know is:
>Do you still enjoy PR?
>Do you watch it now or just read/comment about it?
>Do you watch sentai? Before or after you watched the PR?
>>
>>13697826
I still enjoy it. Dino Charge made me like the franchise again, but I watch it sporadically.

I thought Jungle Fury was pretty good, but then again I haven't seen Gekiranger so someone will say that's bias or something.

I tend to watch Sentai that has a PR adaptation first because well, I just watched the PR first.
>>
>>13697826
>Do you still enjoy PR?
Wouldn't be here if I didn't, but more for concepts than for execution.
I've watched at least half of every season except Samurai and Megaforce.
Watched a few episodes of Kyouryuger when it premiered and stopped. Don't really care for Japanese acting and dialogue (part of why I prefer manga over anime).
>>
>>13697826

>Do you still enjoy PR?

Yes. Hence me being in a Power Rangers general.

I haven't watched anything post RPM yet. I probably will catch up at some point, I've heard Dino Charge is pretty okay, even if Samurai/Megaforce are pretty horrible..

No, I've not seen any sentai. I'm interested in watching a few, such as Dairanger, Gekiranger and Shinkenger

>I happen to dislike every PR based on a sentai I have watched.

I'm a bit confused by this statement. Which series in particular?
>>
>>13697950
Gekiranger (Jungle Fury), Shinkenger (Samurai) and Gokaiger (Super Mega Force). I tried to watch an episode of each to see how they did it and I disliked the characters, the story, in the case of Jungle Fury, the morphin sequence. I know they try to make an american version of it, but when you see a show so good and then you see they made a very bad copy, you just can't make yourself to enjoy it.

Wouldn't you like it if they dub the sentai series instead of remaking it? I know this is not possible due to localization, though.
>>
>>13697999
>I know they try to make an american version of it,
Trips aside, usually they don't. They tend to try to do their own thing as much as they can. In fact, Jungle Fury and Samurai are minorities in that they stay rather close to the sentai. Supermegaforce was just a mess.
I suggest watching Go-onger then RPM. They're completely different outside of stock footage, and RPM is generally considered better.
>Wouldn't you like it if they dub the sentai series instead of remaking it?
Can't stand live-action dubs, so no. I'd rather have them try to make a new thing than just give us the same thing (nice job, JJ).
>>
>>13697999

To be fair, even amongst Power Rangers fans, Samurai and Super Megaforce are considered to be fucking awful.

I like Jungle Fury a lot. The only thing I really dislike about it is the annoying commentator during zord fights. I don't know how it compares to Gekiranger, because I haven't seen it. I find it a bit odd that you find the morphing sequence to be that detrimental to the show. Is it because they changed the morphers to sunglasses? If so, yeah, I agree, that's pretty stupid, but it doesn't really spoil it for me.

And no, I wouldn't like to see a dub of the sentai. I do occasionally watch dubbed Anime (though I watch plenty subbed stuff too). But dubbed live action stuff has always been pretty much unwatchable to me. If I'm watching a foreign language film, I always go for subtitles where I can.

>>13698055

>I suggest watching Go-onger then RPM

You mind-thief, I was going to suggest the same thing.
>>
>>13698062
I'm in your head, Erik.
>>
>>13698055
>I suggest watching Go-onger then RPM. They're completely different outside of stock footage, and RPM is generally considered better.
Yeah, I have a friend that watched PR until RPM and told me it was better than its sentai counterpart. Unfortunaly, he said this PR is so bad he didn't even watched the ending, just stopped watching and read what happened in the end. Of course, this is just his opinion. But I don't plan to watch Go-onger and I just don't watch PR anymore.

>>13698062
I really can't say I hate Jungle Fury completely, since I just watched the first episode. Mostly what I disliked was that Jan (or whatever the red ranger's name is) wasn't a child lost in the jungle, that morphin sequence of the sunglasses instead of their fists and what I hated the most was the pizza place. But my friend liked it (he didn't watch Gekiranger).
>>
Go-onger is a light-hearted goofy series.
>>
>>13697826
>Do you still enjoy PR?
I don't know anymore. Last season I watched was Samurai, which was garbage but I enjoyed it because it was the 1st season I watched since Jungle Fury. I'm wary as fuck about Dino Charge as well.

Read/comment at this point. I want to watch RPM but I'm also currently watching Gokaiger, OOO and Akibaranger and I don't want to get burned out by all the toku. I will one day.

>Do you watch sentai?

Started two months ago

> Before or after you watched the PR?

After. I'm planning on watching everything that hasn't been adapted in PR post-Maskman and PR seasons that have been adapted but I haven't seen (Magiranger, Boukenger, etc.)
>>
>>13698277
Good news about RPM
It exceeds your expectations about a PR season

Bad news about RPM
It spoils you about what you expect from a PR season

Good aftermath
Almost everybody has a new acting career
>>
One thing that's bothered me since I started watching Sentai is how its actually made me question whether or not some highly rated seasons (Space, LO etc.) are actually good. I'm kind of afraid to rewatch them. Do they still hold up?
>>
>Do you still enjoy PR?
not anymore

nope. I just lurk here.

>Do you watch sentai?
yes

Before or after you watched the PR?
during the RPM
>>
>>13697826
>Do you still enjoy PR?
Not nearly as much as I once did. The obvious restrictions and failings it has as a production are hard to look past once you see a version without them.

I peek in occasionally, but mostly just read/comment.

Yes, and before. Sometimes the adaptation makes changes I like, like many of the changes in Jungle Fury. Oftentimes, though, the Sentai is just the cleaner, more coherent product.
>>
>>13698321
It varies. Sometimes, like Time Force, a season is well-liked because it apes the Sentai and the Sentai is good. Other times, like RPM or In Space, it's well-liked because it manages to successfully be a different product from the original.
>>
>>13698198
And RPM is a (relatively) dark and gritty series.
>>13698170
>Jan (or whatever the red ranger's name is) wasn't a child lost in the jungle
If you want the sentai plot, just watch the sentai.
> that morphin sequence of the sunglasses instead of their fists
That was actually a production thing: the team making the show at that point didn't want morphers to be obviously weapons, but their own standalone object, though in the case of Rhino it was unavoidable. Obviously the DC team feels differently.
>and what I hated the most was the pizza place.
Literally everything in it except for RJ was complete trash, and RJ's totally not Jack Sparrow act gets old.
>>
>>13697826
>Do you still enjoy PR?
Yeah. Maybe not as much as I used to, but I still love the franchise.
Actively watching, when I can.
>Do you watch sentai?
I keep up with it, but I haven't watched a series since Gekiranger. So, sorta?
>Before or after you watched the PR?
Usually before, but I decided to stop since watching Gekiranger before Jungle Fury seriously hampered my enjoyment of the latter. I still can't abide by those sunglasses. I'm sorry, I know it's petty. Forgive me.

>>13698321
>I'm kind of afraid to rewatch them. Do they still hold up?

That's really something only you can decide. A given series can hit every "objective" mark for being good, but the only thing that matters is if you can still enjoy it.
>>
>>13696798
We got his zord and charger, I'm sure his toy will be in the fall line.
I'm 100% certain he'll be revealed at morphicon.
>>
Has anyone been to Power Morphicon? Is it fun? Or just a Linkara+Blacknerd autismfest?
>>
>>13699029
It's jdf ego stroking fest
>>
>>13697826
>Do you still enjoy PR?
Yes.
Obviously I do watch it.
I do. Mostly before. But I'm not watching Ninninger. This show only now does things, on episode fucking 43, that usually happen on the episode 20-25.
>And I happen to dislike every PR based on a sentai I have watched.
See I'm mostly completely opposite. I liked MMPR season 1 more than Zyuranger (mostly because I found it pretty boring), liked In Space more than Megaranger (although not by much. Mega is great, too) and Dino Thunder more than Abaranger. From what I've seen of Gingaman, Lost Galaxy is better, too. It also helps me, especially with Dino Charge, cos now Judd and Co. can see how the arc will go and who will important and who will be standing in the center of the room doing absolutely nothing.
Sure, JF is worse than Gekiranger (although Geki's fans really like to overplay how good it is), but it's still pretty enjoyable.
>>13698321
What's LO?
>>
>>13699076
Ninninger isn't as bad as people say.
>>
>>13699078
Sorry, I'm still mad about fucking Dracula, Frankenstein and Werewolf jobbing in 1-2 episodes.
It's still a bad season though.
>>
>>13699094
It gets better.
>>
File: know_the_difference.jpg (248 KB, 1616x1064) Image search: [Google]
know_the_difference.jpg
248 KB, 1616x1064
>>
>>13699144
It really doesn't. The fact that it has such a large Red focus is already enough to take someone out the show.
>>
>>13699029
I liked, I went in 2014 and am going this year. It is a bit autistic but if you do find a fun group to talk about shit while walking the con it's a lot of fun
>>
>>13697826
>Do you still enjoy PR?
Yes
The second, since Im watching other stuff including sentai now and DC finished
I do and after PR.
>>
>>13699302
Good thing Ninninger doesnt have a red focus then.
>>
>>13697826
>Do you still enjoy PR?
Yes
>Do you watch it now or just read/comment?
I still watch it.
>Do you watch Sentai? Before or after PR?
Absolutely. After I lost interest in PR as a young teen, I got into Sentai several years later before getting back into Power Rangers. As for which I watch first, if I intend on explicitly comparing a Sentai season and its PR equivalent, I will generally try to watch the PR season first (unless it's the newest season of PR i.e. Dino Charge, in which case I'll have already seen the Sentai version).
>>
>>13699167
I feel like this would troll much better in /ssg/
>>
>>13699167
You know some asshole will start using it to troll people and idiots will fall for it.
>>
>>13699167
>megaforce silver
So.
What is he confused about?
>>
>>13700927

>What the fuck was up with RoboKnight in the Legendary Battle?
>>
>Roboknight became human
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeyfzEyJw_4
>>
>>13701741
>that foam dragon shield
Cheesiness aside, I wasn't around for the martial arts craze, but I was around for the Pokemon craze. That shit was nuts, and that was over IMAGINARY violence.
I can't imagine how bad it must have been for smaller kids and teachers when real violence swept the nation.
>>
I WANT TO BELIEVE
>>
>>13701757
It's not even foam. It's like felt
>>
>>13701757
Martial arts was popular with the parents due to the cheesy movies and used as like... the cool way to keep your kid's ADD from acting up.
>>
>>13702932

Is Dino Supercharge the anniversary season we deserve?
>>
>>13703078
We can only pray.

Theory is that they will just use Super Megaforce, but if they kept something like 3 teams of Power Rangers coming back for a dino crossover in from the sentai footage imagine how much money they would make on the hype alone.
>>
>>13702932

Can't see this shit on the Power Rangers Instagram.
>>
>>13703081
>>13703078
>>13703079
>>13702932

That screenshot has been circulating since last february. It's probably fake.
>>
So, what are the current trends in PR/Sentai that you dislike? I'll start with a couple of obvious ones.

>Modular Megazords

This is an obvious one. Maybe it's popular with the toy-buying kids in Japan, but it makes for a boring show, for me at least.

>Full team powerups

I don't mind Battlizers, but stuff like the Lights of Orion, Super Dino Mode, SWAT Mode etc, I find to be a bit redundant.
>>
File: Movie_Rangers.jpg (56 KB, 675x446) Image search: [Google]
Movie_Rangers.jpg
56 KB, 675x446
>>
File: Prtm-white.png (45 KB, 145x298) Image search: [Google]
Prtm-white.png
45 KB, 145x298
>>13703243
gotta say i prefer the movie suits to the series suits
>>
>>13703243

If only this had been the "Metallic Armour"
>>
>>13703250
Notice Adam's helmet having ears.
>>
Is dino-charge any good?
>>
>>13703263
Hey sometimes you gotta cut useful footage for more skating and skydiving.

The skydiving scene should've replaced with an earlier morphed fight against putties and that pig to establish the characters, as you know nothing about the characters watching any of that movie
>>
>>13703328
Yes, it is. It's no 'In Space' or RPM, but it's fun and characters are all developed. Reily is probably the least developed one of core 6, but even he has a decent character development.
Villains are entertaining. Action is great (granted, sentai was directed by Koichi, so it's a given).
Also, can we appreciate Sledge's suit actor? Dude is really good at acting with not really an expresive costume.
>>
>>13703412
So its not Samurai or Megaforce quality then? Cool, thanks for the answer.
>>
>>13703215
I like modular Megazords as long as they use all the parts by the end. Dino Thunder and Samurai are both great about this. I just don't like it when you're left with a bunch of auxiliary Zords left over just hanging around not doing much besides maybe firing a beam.
>>
>>13702932
this group should be taken to task for their blatant racial slur in their name. as if PR fans weren't bad enough but to find out they're unabashed racists to boot.
>>
>>13699947
I'm another anon who is planning on going to morphicon. Do they charge for autographs?
>>
Do you think they'll use any of the Go-Busters assets in any way in Supercharge or otherwise?

I wonder if the rights to that series are a all-or-nothing situation and maybe they can't use anything unless they were to make a full adaptation.
>>
>>13703328
it's pretty decent to good imo
>>
>>13703906
Go-Buster was such a good setup for an RPM sequel, even the zords match the aesthetics of what dr. K would have built... what a waste.
>>
>>13703906
no there will be no go-busters
>>
>>13703931

>There will never be an Go-busters RPM Sequel

Why did you have to make me want it, you swine?
>>
>>13703626
>That joke someone always makes when that pic is posted.

You may feel better at /nnkrg/ #1
>>
>>13703906
No. Absolutely no Go-Busters.
>>13703931
It's...not? I mean, RPM zords are not even close to GB's zords in design. Toqgers' zords are closer and they are still far away from RPM's ones in aesthetics.
ANd why do people want the sequel to RPM? It is done. The story is over. Sure, there's Venjix still being alive, but that's not a plot line for 40 episodes of PR.
>>
>>13704121
People didn't really want an RPM sequel. Well not until Go-Busters anyway. I think its mainly because Messiah is a virus that tried to take over, but got stopped by some science dudes. People usually parallel it to venjix and how the go-busters' story could easily be adapted to an RPM sequel mainly set after they have rebuilt and humans are flourishing again.
>>
>>13704121
>PM zords are not even close to GB's zords in design.
I'm pretty sure "animal based vehicles" are closer to "animal based vehicles" than "trains", that's me though.

>It is done. The story is over.
It isnt, that's the problem.

> Sure, there's Venjix still being alive, but that's not a plot line for 40 episodes of PR.
Literally the format of the show is about defeating villains, how's that not a plot line for 40 episodes?
Heck, how does that even impede them making more villains AND solving Venjix?
>>
>>13704137
Seriously, Venjix in the morphing grid would totally work well as an adaptation of Messiah being in hyperspace. The enemy faction use "Zords". Its too perfect.
>>
>>13703774
Yes, they all have different prices ranging from $10 to around $30 for pics depending on the actor.
I remember group photos being around $100 but they were professionally taken
>>
>>13703247
Yeah most normal fags think that way.
>>
worst Battlizer
>>
>>13696798
Good thing about Dino Charge is they're not completely dependent on Sentain footage. If they get the suit they can do their own thing.
My body is ready for the Talon zord armor with that giant stupid battery.
>>
>>13704344
the armor for in mecha looks ridiculous
>>
>>13704359
I get remaking the cockpit, but the zord only suits is dumb. For what purpose? Why?
I like the Dino Charge ones more than the Samurai suits. I wouldn't mind if they had made these super forms but IDK. Maybe it's not for me to understand.
>>
>>13704374
Because you can't just have the same figs on shelves for 2 years and Kyoryuger didn't have a team power-up.
>>
>>13696849
>>13696899
Not even a question
>>
>>13704359
Well good thing we get new ones next season
>>
>>13690653
>Zeo
>remotely good
>>
>>13693541
>>13693553
I'm just upset we stopped getting full-length versions of the themes after In Space.
>>
>>13700004
Have we been watching the same show?
>>
>>13704561
red does get a lot of focus early on, but after gold joins the team for real he gets less
>>
>>13704572
Still a sizable amount than the others, though. Plus there's the fact that he's the first one to get the seasonal upgrade and is the only one who uses it aside from, like, 3 or 4 episodes.
>>
>>13704289
Thank you anon, I was just wondering how much money to bring with me. I just really would like to get my dvd box sets signed. Not a huge fan of pictures. I might get one with Austin St. John though.
>>
>>13704537
Yes

>>13704561
Unless by "Nininnger" you meant "Kyoryuger" then yeah.

Takaharu gets less focus than even an usual Red in a well balanced season, are you one of those retards who thinks red being useful is a bad thing?

The first 30 episodes where Yakumo and Kasumi doing everything with some Kinji development on the side. Takaharu was only relevant when he beat the first general (using the powers of all the ninningers) and when they got Chozetsu, which was still focused on the entire group.

Then Nagi and Kinji got some arcs while Kasumi and Yakumo are still the most useful ones.

If anything, Takaharu would need more focus now. Fuuka was only useful on a scene on the movie.
>>
>>
File: CXea1UGUsAAZjse.jpg (30 KB, 520x240) Image search: [Google]
CXea1UGUsAAZjse.jpg
30 KB, 520x240
Thoughts?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-01-03/concept-artists-post-artwork-for-rejected-power-rangers-movie/.97144
>>
>>13705037
whats with the futuristic look?
>>
>>13705037
Meh. Rita's design is the worst one, though.
>>13705056
Transformers.
Also this thread is somehow is more active when we are on the hiatus then when the show was going. How?
>>
>>13705056
>Bayformers shit everywhere
hahahahaha
>>
>>13705128
Fucking open cabin that isn't protected in any way still gets me. It's just asking for some monster with brains to fuck them up.
>>
>>13705037
Alpha and Zordon are p cool
>>
>>13705037

Deviantart-tier "grimngritty" shit. Keep it out of my Power Rangers, please.
>>
>>13705193
They're a stripped Cylon and Dr. Manhattan in a tube. Not cool.
>>
>>13705349
>Dr. Manhattan in a tube
Not very far off from MMPR The Movie Zordon, t b h f a m
>>
>>13704323
Can you demonstrate that claim?
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (39 KB, 419x269) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
39 KB, 419x269
>>13705358
Movie Zordon was a pasty skinned old guy on his death bed. Not a floating blue naked guy.
>>
Has there ever been an evil ranger? Not one who was turned evil, and with the exception of the Green Ranger. Has there ever been a ranger who turned evil or abused their power? I find those kind of stories really interesting.
>>
>>13705618
I think the psycho rangers fits on your description.
>>
>>13705618
>Not one who was turned evil
>Has there ever been a ranger who turned evil
wut
>>
File: PRSPD_A-Rangers.jpg (69 KB, 717x414) Image search: [Google]
PRSPD_A-Rangers.jpg
69 KB, 717x414
>>13705618
A-Squad
>>
File: Heckyle.jpg (160 KB, 540x631) Image search: [Google]
Heckyle.jpg
160 KB, 540x631
>>13705618
New american not-Enter?
>>
File: CVo-A4aVEAEKxpp.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CVo-A4aVEAEKxpp.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
Why are the power rangers wanting to fight the Ninja Turtles

Power Rangers are at least on fantasy power scale...Ninja Turtles are more grounded.
>>
>>13705705
Did they even fight in the In Space episode? I forget. I know they were mind controlled, but I forget if they ever actually fought.
>>
>>13705705
why do i recognize everyone except top middle?
who is he?
>>
>>13705718
they had a quabble in the hallway once and Andros kicked them
>>
File: Justin.jpg (18 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Justin.jpg
18 KB, 848x480
>>13705729
I'm not sure, but I think that might be Blake Foster
>>
>>13705037
I hate this. I hate it and it sucks.

It's the typical Hollywood "Make it chrome and tacticool" bullshit and "Forget everything about why people liked this"
>>
>>13705705
PR isn't tied down to a single power tier.

So you've got basically three tiers: street-tier, super-tier, cosmic-tier.
Street-tier threats are muggers and bank robbers, and are stopped by street-tier heroes like Daredevil or Batman.
Super-tier threats are monsters, both human-sized and kaiju-sized and various metahumans/tech-using/magically-empowered villains that threaten no less than an entire city and no more than an entire planet, and are stopped by super-tier heroes like Superman (or the Justice League if the need is dire) or Iron Man (or the Avengers if the need is dire.
Cosmic-tier threats are beings that could destroy multiple planets with relative ease, up to the destruction of the universe, this dimension or possibly even reality itself, and are stopped by cosmic-tier heroes like the Green Lantern Corps, the Silver Surfer or Dr. Strange.

Unmorphed Rangers are street-tier, morphed Rangers up to the Megazord are super-tier, and the Z-wave was cosmic-tier.
TMNT is street-tier, but they get sucked in to super-tier conflicts in the comics all the time.
>>
>>13705037
Just strip all the charm out of Power Rangers and turn up the edge to 11.
>>
>>13705618
You mean a voluntarily evil ranger?

The second lost galaxy pink was the main villain of the previous season.
The Thunder rangers werent evil, but originally fought the heroes on their own accord (based on a misunderstanding)
There's also the A-squad rangers who were always evil on their own accord and never turned good, and the psycho rangers.
Koragg sort of fits too. It has been a while since I saw DT but I recall Trent at first working with mesogog on his own will, but I may be wrong.

After that, there's just the ocasional brainwashed ranger or one-time evil ranger clone.
>>
>>13705834
Pretty sure its implied its the morphed rangers the ones who should be compared.

>>13705705
>No in space ranger (cameos aside)
neat.
As for those, you lost your chance. Then again, why would the rangers fight the turtles? Not only are they both good but also the rangers are way stronger.
>>
>>13705741
it is
>>
>>13704140
ironically Go-busters plot line has elements of the back story of VR Troopers (saban's first metal hero adaption merging 3 shows using metaider as the core for S1 and half of 2 the final half was Shader with spealban adding the two extra heroes and more monsters.) an invading force from cyberspace with the monsters and generals being programs given physical form. RPM's influence is the fact that the leader is an AI computer Virus. Go-busters was more or less done as an tribute to saban's toku adaptions and used the terminology from PR right down to there crossover with gokiger keeping most of the megazord keys sentai mecha used in power rangers right down to one being the first megazord complete with all of the old attacks being reanimated as gai used the cranial laser and the sword slash and blocking with the mammoth shield apparently toei has both the tyrannosaurus dino zord suit and the dragonzord in battle mode suit in an museum. the T-rex for some reason is displayed with the feet from the dragon zord suit insted of the smaller feet it used in the show and zyu2 stunt footage.
>>
>>13706088
>Pretty sure its implied its the morphed rangers the ones who should be compared.
Not really, since they almost never start morphed. They start at street level, and move up from there as things escalate
>>
>>13705037
>Bayformer Megazord
>Sexy Rita Repulsa wearing a symbiote
>Gort-Alpha

HA HA HA. No. Just no. Although I do kind of like the Megazord's head, as much as it gives me flashbacks of the movie Ninja Megazord's visor and painted-on face.

Also I'm a little disappointed there's no concepts of the Rangers themselves. Surely he wasn't thinking of making them all Stig Rangers.
>>
>>13705729
Johnny yung Bosh
>>
>>13707531

Uh no, it's clearly Selwyn Ward
>>
>>13705683
Honestly, I hope he isn't Talon Ranger. Plus, if Snide is completely separate personality, Heckyl may have a problem with adding another power to his arsenal.
>>
File: 1424665485780.jpg (253 KB, 657x718) Image search: [Google]
1424665485780.jpg
253 KB, 657x718
I'll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61iKnKtwpUM

I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>13707842
Hahaha I didn't read top middle. I wish is was Selwyn Ward, he rarely goes to cons.
>>
File: grills.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
grills.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>13708205
>he thinks Koda is from Power Rangers Turbo
Disgusting.
>>
>>13706069
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I like storylines where heroes fall from grace and then if they have to redeem themselves.
>>
>>13708390
I really hope you're joking
>>
>inb4 Keeper is Dino Charge Silver
>>
>>13709843
>Keeper
>Not the glorious JDF
>>
File: someoneactuallymadethis.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
someoneactuallymadethis.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>13711183
>>
File: inamerica.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
inamerica.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>>13711194
>>13711183

>mfw this actually happens
>>
>>13711222
Oh don't worry. It's going to be Sledge first.

Then JDF.
>>
>>13711194
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>13709843
Well, he's sort of the Torin of Dino Charge. And in Kyoryuger, it has been shown morphing alters your body structure, which also happened in PR.
>>
>>13711194
Nah it will be Tyler's dad
>>
So who do you think will be the Ramirez of Dino Charge? I'd love to see Bulk become a ranger, but that'd kinda ruin his character.
>>
>>13712103
can't wake you up
>>
>>13712105
But we are using Torin (and evil Torin). He'll probably is going to be Silver, but then something will happen and he'll transfer his powers to someone else.
>>13712227
I'm sticking with Tyler's dad for now.
>>
>>13712245
>But we are using Torin (and evil Torin).
Clearly not in the same vein as Kyoryuger though.
>>
>>13712291
Well, yeah. We are using fucking Chaos only because Evil Torin episodes had him being active for once. But my point was that they'll probably use Torin as first Silver. So, there's going to be no need for the whole altering of body structure.
>>
>>13708390
>thinking having Yoshi play a dude name Turbo was meant to be a failed nod to his power ranger role
What a dumbass.
>>
File: aut.jpg (207 KB, 810x486) Image search: [Google]
aut.jpg
207 KB, 810x486
>>13712409
>being upset over a dumb joke
>>
I'm currently watching Dino Charge, so, they turned the Ossan jokes into caveman jokes. I'm impressed. I like that its not another copy paste like samurai.
>>
>>13683014
I fucking fapped to her as Astronoma so many god damn times. That blue hair fucking made my dick insane
>>
>>13697826
>watched PR up until Wild Force
>Freshman year of HS, friend told me about Sentai(around the time of gokaiger, so I was nostalgiad back into it)
>started with shinkenger since it was what the current PR season was at the time
>watched up to gokaiger
>skipped gobusters
>tried to watch Kyoryuger
>got about twenty episodes in and stopped having a reliable source to watch it/desire to
>haven't looked back on it or PR
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.