[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
martian successor nadesico
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
I just finished this finally.

I feel pretty confused honestly. The show was weird, like it was a comedic parody/satire of mecha anime but it kept all the deaths and drama intact. Yet the quickfire comedic timing would come right after it. A lot of the episodes were just bizarre and it felt like an experimental project.

On the other hand I liked the cast, the humour was quite funny and the Aestivalis' were cool. I definitely enjoyed those aspects, and the gut punch in one of the last eps where everyone got all hyped up about Gekiganger only to discover it's just a crappy old childish show which wouldn't solve anything was really well-done, they didn't need to even spell it out.

That said I really didn't understand the ending at all. Akito and Yurika float away into space on that platform with some stuff from the ancient Martians? It was all kinda squashed in there and didn't make much sense. It felt like a total non-ending.

I heard the movie's terrible, is that true?

Nadesico thread I guess.
>>
>>13596964
Movie is only bad because you need to play the japanese only nadesico games to make better sense of the movie.
>>
>>13596970
That and it's Akito's Character Assassination while Ruri does literally nothing interesting for thirty minutes of the movie and when she does she goes full mary sue with her bullshit.
It didn't even have good action to make up for its shitty writing.
>>
>>13596964
>I feel pretty confused honestly. The show was weird, like it was a comedic parody/satire of mecha anime but it kept all the deaths and drama intact. Yet the quickfire comedic timing would come right after it. A lot of the episodes were just bizarre and it felt like an experimental project.
The point of it was to make fun of the way a lot of campy robot shows before it and to also show the viewer about the negative side of escapism. Particularly in regards to anime with otaku. That's one of the reasons that Akatsuki is so dismissive of anime, yet he does watch some of it himself. Though, it didn't help the show's case because he was basically the villain.

Basically they did self-parody to say something to the viewer, but at the same time they had fun with it as well. I took it as "enjoy what you enjoy but not to unhealthy excess".

And, the rushed ending was because there was apparently supposed to be a second season but Xebec never got the funding or something, so they made a movie and two games to fill in the gaps. Damn damn shame too.
>>
>>13597066
So its fine if you're a Ruri fan.
>>
>>13596964
How are so many people confused by Nadesico's tone?
It's not just OP, this is one of the most common complaints about Nadesico on /m/, and when I watched I realised the complaint was completely unfounded.
Nadesico is a drama first and a comedy second. A lot of the comedy is designed to give you a false sense of security as it turns darker
Dark elements and comedy aren't mutually exclusive
>>
>>13596964
Some people will eventually link you to some shitty fansite with a timeline that claims it's what happens between the series and movie based on a Sega Saturn game. They're retards, and the site is full of shit because none of that stuff is in the game, and none of the game's stuff is on that site.

For actual contents of the game refer to https://desustorage.org/m/thread/4683054/#4683054
>>
>>13597121
You'd think killing off the obvious comedy relief character unceremoniously so early on in the series would set off some flags but nope, /m/ as daft as a bag of cocks.
>>
>>13597121

Sure I get that part, but the extremely close proximity of the comedy and drama was really rattling.

I think I get that it's on-purpose but that doesn't make it any less hard to get a handle on.
>>
File: fisheye.jpg (66 KB, 836x924) Image search: [Google]
fisheye.jpg
66 KB, 836x924
>>13596964
>I heard the movie's terrible, is that true?
It's okay, its main problem is NOT MUH NADESICO

Basically the Patlabor 2 of the franchise; a beautifully animated, melancholic version of the original comedic series, with a "let's get the band back together" plot that ends on an anticlimax.
>>
Xebec's worst mecha desu
Gekiganger 3 OVA was the best thing about it
>>
>>13597130
You're still a stupid whiny bitch. The fact that you're still shitposting after so many days in a row proves that these lazy faggot mods aren't doing jack shit.

>waaahh retard
>waaahh stupid
>waaahh stupid fucker
>waaahhh waaahhh waaaaaahh

Someone should seriously smack the crap out of you just so you'll at least have some real shit to complain about.
>>
>>13597421
here's your reply shitposter-kun :^)
>>
>>13596964
I just realized this ship looks like pantsu.
>>
Gay ;_;
>>
>>13597130

Fuck, that sounds awful.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>13597121
>Dark elements and comedy aren't mutually exclusive
I guess most of /m/ hasn't seen Scrubs.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.