[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Houellebecq?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: houellebecq_1.png (3 MB, 1328x2148) Image search: [Google]
houellebecq_1.png
3 MB, 1328x2148
What does /lit/ think of Houellebecq?
>>
>>8056847
One of my favorite authors because his writing accurately captures the social and economic alienation that everyone faces today. Additionally, he is one of the few authors to comprehend the reason why only a few men get laid like there's no tomorrow while most struggle for scraps, and only a few men become obscenely wealthy while most live paycheck-to-paycheck.

Unfortunately, the translations to English are a little drab. I'm learning French now for work, hope I become fluent enough to read his untranslated works. They are supposedly as interesting as Bukowski, at least according to a bilingual colleague.
>>
>>8057088
I see the Bukowski, yet he's universally hated on this board. I like both writers a lot and H. is probably my favorite writer alive.
>>
>>8057207
>I see the Bukowski, yet he's universally hated on this board.

he has a blue bird in his heart
they recently made me have an x-ray and there was no blue bird there
if bukowski has one he's an alien
>>
>>8057213
Whenever I mention him on this board someone shits on that poem. It is ironic if you have actually read the poem.
>>
>>8056847
>he is one of the few authors to comprehend the reason why only a few men get laid like there's no tomorrow while most struggle for scraps, and only a few men become obscenely wealthy while most live paycheck-to-paycheck.

And what's his explanation? Seems pretty obvious, biologically.
>>
>>8057858
Sexual liberation and capitalism
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.