[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is a spook? Is it just a scary philosophical concept?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
What exactly is a spook? Is it just a scary philosophical concept?
>>
>>7995073
No, it is actually a pretty solid idea to follow. A spook is anything that attempts to possess you or manifest itself through your corporeal life. Religion is a spook because it keeps you obedient to it and its doctrines suppress you physically and affect the physical world. The State is a spook because it imposes laws on you and attempts to control you inadvertently and sometimes directly manifesting itself through the physical by causing people to do things that aren't beneficial to them and clouding their individual egoistic judgement.
>>
>>7995084
wow man, this is just a shitpost thread, I didn't actually want a thoughtful reply
>>
>>7995084
>religion is a spook
No it's not.
>>
>>7995108
Well meme'd.
>>7995112
Well spook'd
>>
>>7995084 just posted here to avoid criticism in the other thread.
>>
File: page1.png (229 KB, 867x658) Image search: [Google]
page1.png
229 KB, 867x658
Any notion with an associated goal that one may put above ones direct own goals.

You can decide to not eat meat and at every meal be aware that you don't want to - then this is your motivation.
However, if you say "I'm a vegetarian, so I can't eat meat", then you're spooked by vegetarianism.

Pic related is the (badly translated) first page of Stirners book - read it and reconsider what questions you still have
>>
>>7995128
I saw this thread first my property.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.