[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metamophosis Analysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: meta.png (424 KB, 630x920) Image search: [Google]
meta.png
424 KB, 630x920
Check out my analysis of Metamophosis by Franz Kafka. It's the best, most thorough analysis of Metamorphosis to-date.
>>
Okay, post it.
>>
>>8294580
>>8294582

http://pastebin.com/WcN080ht
>>
>>8294588

One moment, okay?
>>
>>8294588
>>8294591

Is great. I read some similar text, but yours is fine. 9/10
>>
File: -1.png (72 KB, 208x218) Image search: [Google]
-1.png
72 KB, 208x218
>>8294580
weak bait
>>
>whose three sisters died in concentration camps during WWII
>lying in your analysis
>>
>>8294637

Is true.
>>
>>8294646
how is it true if the holocaust never happened
>>
>>8294682
GOT HEEM!!!
>>
>>8294580
Your punctuation is sloppy and you try too hard to make your sentences complex at the expense of readability. This is particularly noticeable in your thesis paragraph, which should thrive on the concision of its message (syntax is a part of this).

The inclusion of contextual information about Kafka is only good if you then refer to it in a relevant way during your analysis - mentioning Kafka's sisters in concentration camps and then never going back to it is jarring and leaves the reader wondering why it was raised in the first place. A more relevant contextual factor to draw on in this case would be the archetypal German family of the early 20th century where the young male would be the main provider for the rest of the family

The 'three symbols' you refer to could be better described as recurring motifs, and the constant returns to them as ideas are used as vehicles for the exploration of the central theme, not the conveyance of it. Broaden your use of technical vocabulary with terms like 'metaphor', 'simile', 'imagery' and 'motif' (these are just basic starters - you will learn more in time).

Analysis is a separate skill to recounting the plot, and you get bogged down in just retelling the story with little to no substantial building off of the back of it. Don't be afraid to jump around in the story while analysing, nobody should be reading an analysis of a text they aren't already familiar with.

Your conclusion is non-existent, it needs to reiterate your thesis statement and affirm the ways in which you have proved it to be valid.
I'd guess this is bait but if you were genuinely trying then these are some pointers to get you going.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.