[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the man without qualities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 191943-1.jpg (22 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
191943-1.jpg
22 KB, 258x400
what exactly is volume 2 of this book? was it chapters he left out that they put together after he died? have you read volume 2?
>>
bumpoooo
>>
I
Don't
Know,
But
I'd
To

Waiting
For
A
>>
come on guys. none of you have read this? !
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Dammit, I am also familiar with this books reputation. However, I've never met a soul who has read it. /Lit/ now is the time to show the world why this is the most respected board on 4chan. Enlighten us.
>>
these niggas don't read real books dog. they don't even read.
>>
>>8291486

Isn't the most popular translation of this book absolute dogshit?

It's almost impossible to find the translation of the book that isn't shit.
>>
>>8292166
>the translation of the book that isn't shit

Which one might that be?

>>8291486
There's definitely one guy on here who's read it, and there've been a lot of german-language readers popping up recently. It might just be the time of day, but this is one of those "modern giants" hovering over the lit-meme-event-horizon.
>>
>>8291486
Don't bother. He's the poor man's Hermann Broch. Musil so badly wanted to be able to philosophize his narrative with the elegance and rigor that only Broch could craft.
>>
>>8292536
Broch recommendations, please? I've bought The Maimed--or is that somebody else?
>>
>>8291486
Volume 2 has authorized chapters that he published, as well as 20 extra chapters that were planned and mostly completed but never published in his lifetime. I've read the first ~300 pages of vol 2.

>>8292536
to each his own
>>
>>8292536
Broch's rigor over Musil ? What...? He couldn't begin to match Musil's craft, yet he was great too. Baby metaphysical stuff compared to Musil is what Broch is to me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.