[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ulysses actually good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 220x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 220x282
I've never read it, what's so great about it?
>>
>>8290172
Read it and find out, stupid shitposter
>>
Well-written sentences, nice images, jokes and stuff.
Also sympathy for humans including the Jews from a time when it wasn't mandatory
>>
>>8290172
Theres like, literally, 100.00.200 reviews/opinions on internet of this book. Did you REALLy need to make one more thread?
>>
>>8290222
Fuck you, nigger
>>
>>8290222
I actually unironically still don't know what Ulysses is about.

the fucking wikipedia article says fuck all about the actual summary of the actual plot (">reading for plot"), it's just memes upon memes about Joyce-disowned chapter names, how the book parallels shit from Odyssey, and some fucking schematas

and I don't know where else I would even try looking for a simplest ten-fifteen sentence summary of what will happen
>>
>>8292193
fucking read the book
>>
File: reeeeeeeee.jpg (40 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeee.jpg
40 KB, 900x900
>>8292193
>schematas
>>
>>8292375
but it's fucking 600 pages of autism and/or schizophrenia, I'd like to know at least what I should expect to get from it, thematic-wise

all I hear are empty reiterations of "lol Bloom is a cuck xD molly xD lol Stephen Dedalus is the same character as from portrait lol Bloom is spiritually his dad"
>>
>>8290222
agreed. lets just shut down the board since everything can be found elsewhere
>>
>>8292399
read the first chapter online

its only like 14 pages
>>
>>8292193
it's an allusive novel written by a prose stylist. It's not "about" anything. It isn't plot driven.

that's like asking what Woolf's or Dostoyevsky's novels are "about". A lady throws a dinner party. Some folks go to a lighthouse. A guy kills an old lady with an axe and goes to jail.
plot tells you literally nothing about them.

If you don't like reading for prose or themes then don't force yourself to try and then come back and complain about how terrible you think it is
>>
If you invest the proper time and mental effort in reading it, then yes. It reads like it was written by God.

If you disagree with me, then you're transjectively a bitch.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.