[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decline of the West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: declineofthewest.jpg (38 KB, 263x400) Image search: [Google]
declineofthewest.jpg
38 KB, 263x400
Abridged vs Unabridged.
Which do you prefer?
>>
>>8288385

Why a picture of this particular work?
It isn't even that long.
I just got an unabridged copy in German, ~1200 pages.
>>
>>8288389
I want to know if it's worth it to read 1200 pages if there arent any redundancies. Also I can only read English.
>>
>>8288391

Abridged or unabridged, in either case how could you know whether it was worth it or not until you have finished?
Your question is for one to ask after the book is over not before it's begun.
"Worth it" is subjective anyways so who are you even asking if not yourself?
So you decide. Do you want to read what the author wrote for you to read or do you want to get cucked by some fag editor?
>>
>>8288385
>his country has an abridged version

Don't know the differences, but i imagine the shorter version omits a lot of talk about mathematics, gardening and architechture. If you knowledge of those fields then read the shorter.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.