[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thomas Pynchon is now the author of your favorite novel. What changes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1434738125554.jpg (44 KB, 387x573) Image search: [Google]
1434738125554.jpg
44 KB, 387x573
Thomas Pynchon is now the author of your favorite novel. What changes?
>>
It becomes an unreadable piece of garbage.
>>
Nothing
>>
I don't know. I haven't read Thomas Pynchon
>>
The author.
>>
The name on the cover.
>>
>gravity's rainbow

noooothing
>>
>>8288058
wrong. thomad pynchon now is not the same man as the thomas pynchon who wrote GR
>>
Hal eats poop and falls down the ETA toilet XD
>>
in stoner william stoner actually smokes pot and so his name is also a pun
idk what else would change but he'd probably get up to wacky hijinks and eat edith's shit
>>
Holden still rapes Phoebe, but now, he's high
>>
File: ToTheLighthouse.jpg (36 KB, 220x338) Image search: [Google]
ToTheLighthouse.jpg
36 KB, 220x338
Each of the Army & Navy catalog cutouts are a dark, precisely-set anomaly in the field. Sweat gathers at his nape. He is gagged with a white wound shawl. Mr. Ramsey has engineered all the symbolism today. The shawl is the female equivalent of the Hand of Mrs. Ramsey, which Tansley used to light his way into the home: a candle in a dead man’s hand, erect as all your tissue will grow at the first delicious tongue-flick of Boeuf en Daube. The shawl is the cavity into which the skull fits, as the Lighthouse is the womb into which James returns...
>>
Leopold Bloom gets a nose job.
>>
>>8288001
5/10 elmer's paste
>>
>>8288286
>>8288317
>>8288367
quality post
shitpost if written by thomas p himself (i know ur here ruggles you cheeky cunt)
>>
>>8288000

Nothing, he already IS the writer

SO PATRISH

MY PENIS IS BIG AS THE SKY
>>
>>8288000
Mr Compson smokes reefer non-stop instead of drinking
Benjy is obsessed with bananas instead of the smell of trees
Quentin finds massive amounts of shit at the bottom of the Charles River and is eventually killed by alligators
Caddy loses her virginity at age 11
>>
There are two.

For the first, it becomes a story of an opium addict searching for some crazy mute American who runs around 1950's French Indochina, slapping people silly with fish, and terrorizing the locals by melting their bicycles.

For the second, Pynchon is Pynchon. Nothing changes except, perhaps, the movie rights.

As an aside, while I don't list G/R as a favorite of mine, if you do as your answer to OP's question then your favorite novel would be transformed to "Against the Day."

Pretty simple, really.
>>
>>8288000
>Raskolnikov gets a nose boner just as he's about to about to kill the pawnbroker and they both end up fucking Sonya's little sister and brother all the while smoking hashish out of a kazoo, now let me take a brief moment to describe the molecular makeup of someone's shoes
>>
Humbert and Lo's road trip now interuptted 'humorous' interludes of military people getting drunk and being assholes.
>>
Nothing because Son & Xon is the best book ever written.
>>
>>8291391
yup
>>
>>8288000
Don Quixote is actually right about everything
>>
>>8293019
He is in the Cervantes version too
>>
>>8288000

Every time Boylan pounds Molly's prime pussy Bloom is inexpicably targeted by V2 rockets.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.