[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the greatest Philosophical Fiction books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What are the greatest Philosophical Fiction books?
>>
Camus
>>
Great question. A few picks:

>Reza Negarestani - Cyclonopedia
https://ciudadtecnicolor.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/cyclonopedia.pdf

>Giorgio Manganelli - Hilarotragoedia
https://www.uploady.com/#!/download/OABBZBrG2am/vU7ck2ZRH1kc4N2V

Relying on other anons to give you older titles.
>>
>>8286806
I can find these both in english right?
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 187x250
>>8286786
Atlas shrugged is the best philosopical book.
>>
>>8286832
Cyclonopedia was written in English, Hilarotragoedia has never been translated from Italian. I'll do it in the future, if my fortune holds.
>>
>>8286840
Has it been translated to Spanish?
>>
>>8286836
So I've heard. I might read it
>>
>>8286850
You know what, it actually has. Good for you, anon! You can enjoy one of the best books XX century Europe has to offer - and no, I'm not memeing, I genuinely think so.

I'll assure you, few other books are on par with this.
>>
>>8286858
Well it will be like a 5 year old reading Tolstoy

I am on a grade school level with Spanish
>>
>>8286880
Then maybe desist - this thing is hugely difficult for native Italian speakers to read, I don't even want to know how it fares in translation.
>>
>>8286840
It has been translated to portuguese too anon, just so you know.
>>
>>8286921
Thanks. Sometimes I forget there are languages other than English, living in this metastasis we call /lit/.
>>
>>8286836
>read fountainhead
Horrible unless you are a motivated teenager that feels he has the world in his palms.
I mean seriously, the book is badly written and contains Ayn Rand's crazy fetishes.
Her conception of the individual and society literally does not allow for children.
Its quite scary. It is like her world is frozen in time and limited to the life of a single generation.
Simply degenerate.
>>
The Brothers Karamazov.
>>
>>8286806
Cyclonopedia was such an overwrought piece of shit. Him and Land can't write fiction to save their lives. Truly garbage.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.