[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was David Foster Wallace mentally disturbed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: RM_Headshot_medium-234x300.jpg (17 KB, 234x300) Image search: [Google]
RM_Headshot_medium-234x300.jpg
17 KB, 234x300
>>
Was Joyce a perverted Irishman? Is Pynchon an eccentric recluse? Is OP a faggot?
>>
>>8284152
Yes yes and yes.
>>
Why was he depressed?
>>
File: mongol-2.jpg (33 KB, 572x450) Image search: [Google]
mongol-2.jpg
33 KB, 572x450
YOO, LISTEN UP! HERE"S A STORY! ABOUT A LITTLE GUY WHO LIVES IN A BLUE WORLD

AND ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT HE'S JUST BLUE, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE

BLUE: HIS HOUSE, HIS SKIN, HE GOT A BLUE CAR... AND EVERY DAY IS JUST BLUE

IM BLUE DA BE DEE DA BA DIE DA ba DE DA BA DIE DA BA DEE DA BA DIE
>>
>>8284166
Couldn't figure out what water was.
>>
>>8284166
because he didn't smoke weed and watch dazed and confused
>>
>>8284166
because before he could walk, the moms would dress him up as a different farm animal every day
>>
All artists are depressed, the beauty of art comes from the disparity of bliss and its opposite. It is ethereal and untangleable . The greatest authors are usually too aware of the negativity surrounding our existence such as with war and famine, and have a crushing time handling their intellect in conjunction of the savagery and materialism of our current existence.
>>
>>8284198
>dazed and confused
oh my god I actually watched this on netflix once LOL. I love their selection of classic movies. Too bad my tv isn't hooked up to anything anymore.
>>
File: 1422317746509.png (215 KB, 474x350) Image search: [Google]
1422317746509.png
215 KB, 474x350
>>8284232
>dazed and confused
>classic movie
>netflix
>LOL
>>
>>8284166
His medication, Nardil, stopped working.
>>
>>8284223

Goethe was a really happy chap mate.
>>
>>8284223
>All artists are depressed
Nah, artists are more sensitive and perceptive but everyone handles this differently. The environment and upbringing also influences them.
>>
We're all somewhere on the spectrum.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.