[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinite Jest or House of Leaves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: nefarious.jpg (31 KB, 234x231) Image search: [Google]
nefarious.jpg
31 KB, 234x231
Infinite Jest or House of Leaves?
>>
>>8280419
If you slammed them together repeatedly I think Infinite Jest would hold together before blowing apart, then again House of Leaves has a thicker cover so you may have to just try it yourself
>>
>>8280419
Women and Men
>>
Infinite jest
House of leaves I got the impression that it used gimmicks to hide the fact that the core story is only so so.
>>
>>8282418
IJ did the same thing by being huge and having footnotes.
>>
>>8282418
you didn't like getting lost in the story about someone getting lost in a story they made up about a group of editors getting lost in a story about someone getting lost in a story that the author has already been lost to, in which the story is about people getting lost in a depiction of story?
>>
Infinite Jest is a great book.
>>
WHAT DOES SHE SAY???
>>
>>8282564
This.
>>
IJ
HoL was bloated and gimmicky like IJ, but with less substance. Or that's what I thought.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.