[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recommend a plebian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
A good book with a straight forward easy to follow plot, preferably in a sci-fi futuristic setting, with interesting characters.
>>
>>8278993
Sirens of Titan
The Martian Chronicles
2001: a Space Odyssey
>>
>>8278993
The Brothers Karamazov
>>
Infinite Jest
>>
>>8279015
>The Brothers Karamazov is a passionate philosophical novel set in 19th century Russia, that enters deeply into the ethical debates of God, free will, and morality. It is a spiritual drama of moral struggles concerning faith, doubt, judgement, and reason...

You're so funny dude. We're all laughing
>>
Asimov Foundation is pretty easy and Interesting
>>
>>8279091
This. + Caves of Steel etc
>>
>>8279091
I just read the plot summary on Wikipedia and it sounds really intriguing. Thanks
>>
>>8279012

For 2001 what are your thoughts on the movie compared to the book? I have seen the movie and am wondering if the book will be bring a similiar epiphanic experience.
>>
>>8279156
They are very different.
I read it rather quickly, it was entertaining, but it wasn't moving like the film. A lot more informative too, especially on what happens to David Bowman.
Watch the sequal 2010(it's trash) if you want an idea of what the book is like.

Also I have never seen so many commas in my life
>>
>>8279172
Too many commas can be annoying
>>
Starship troopers
>>
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy
>>
I know who I am, But who Are all you zombies
>>
>>8279091
This.

>character is on a psychohistorical ruse cruise
>JoJo music plays in my head
>>
The Book of Strange New Things
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.