[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
found this inscription on the title page of an anthology of poetry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: penta-turbo.jpg (446 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
penta-turbo.jpg
446 KB, 1024x685
found this inscription on the title page of an anthology of poetry (DH lawrence)

anyone care to translate it for me? Its greek but as far as I can tell it means "Filth without hope"

which is dark as fuck if someone is describing the poetry itself because i rather like it...
>>
my bad

"βορβορου ούk έσμεν"
>>
dfgsdfg
>>
yo faggots sharpen up
>>
>>8277810
It translates directly to: "why the fuck would you put five turbochargers on a 1.3L rotary engine"
>>
>>8279267
assuming thats even the stock motor, fuckin boost obv
>>
>>8279298
That's a Renesis motor.
The torque curve on the Renesis motor is a joke, all that boost lag means that car is going nowhere off the line unless some of those turbos are hooked up to feed the others, which they aren't.
That shit just retarded
>>
>>8277813
"We are not of mud."
Borboros=mud, in the genitive here
Ouk=not
Esmen=we are (eimi=I am)
>>
>>8279357
WE WUZN'T MUD N' SHIEEEEEEEET
>>
>>8279357
given the context i think "clay" would be a more accurate transliteration, alluding to the Book of Genesis in which God carves man's body from clay, but man is brought to life by the Breath of Life, not the clay that formed him
>>
>>8279390
what was this dude trying to communicate by penning this into the title page then, how does it relate to lawrence

I mean, he was deeply religious but was the previous owner kind of stepping away from the biblical context of analysis or what
>>
cock holes
>>
File: 1465233859363.png (203 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
1465233859363.png
203 KB, 314x475
This thread is a perfect synecdoche of /lit/ as a whole.
>>
File: his.png (331 KB, 1526x625) Image search: [Google]
his.png
331 KB, 1526x625
at least you were more helpful than this dingus
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.