[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (16 KB, 186x270) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16 KB, 186x270
What went so wrong?
>>
At what point was anything going right?

I'm one of those who roll their eyes at all the posturing genre-hate around here and I still couldn't stand the first two of these when I read them. And from everything I've heard they only got worse.
>>
File: wheel of time.jpg (134 KB, 400x608) Image search: [Google]
wheel of time.jpg
134 KB, 400x608
>>8276977
>>
>>8276977
Jordan wanted to rival Tokien in world building and thought that bulk meant substance. So we got entire chapters filled with characters describing wheat shipments and outlandish fashion.

The series is shit, I'm literally up to book ten now and I'm not sure I should go on knowing that I could read so much better stuff in the time it would take me to smash out the last four, but also feeling as if I've already invested so much time into the series it would be insane to stop now.
>>
>>8276977
I genuinely disliked the relationship between Rand, Min, Aviendha and Elayne.

It made no sense, and just felt forced.
>>
>>8277082
>So we got entire chapters filled with characters describing wheat shipments and outlandish fashion.
Is this actually true or are you exaggerating?
>>
>>8277093
It's true

>>8277082
If you're this far in, see it through. Book twelve is the second best book in the series IMO, it's very much worth reading. Books eleven and thirteen are also quite good. I didn't like the last book much, but most people did, so who knows what you'll think.

For the record I'd rank the series like

GREAT
Book 4
Book 12

REAL GOOD
Book 5, 6, River of Souls

GOOD
Book 1, 2, 3, 11, 13

OKAY
Book 7, Book 8, Book 14, New Spring

AWFUL
Book 10
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.